Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 (54122 Views)

Do You Still Remember These Games? / Five Best Games For Infinix Note 4 Pro / Which Of These Games Did We Do Best When We Were Young??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by smog1(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

If you intend on playing jailbroken games (i.e games downloaded from the Internet or copied from cds) get a ps3 on or before 2010(i.e 25×× models, they are easily jailbroken), and when getting ps3 from the UK make sure its not faulty with the yellow light of death (YLOD) other wise it will give you an issue, due to the economy you will have to budget 40 to 60k.
Like I said, I don't know anything about PS3. As a result, what's jailbroken games or 25xx models and how will I know YLOD and if its faulty? Broo, I will prefer to get the games on a memory card then insert to the PS3, so what type of the PS3 will you advise me to get? Is it the jailbroken or 25xx models? Infact which is better and how will I know if its faulty with the YLOD. Someone just told me I will get a UK used PS3 for 32k at computer village
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by fiizznation: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2016
Ok portal isn't that bad. I enjoyed playing it back then
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2016
*JOURNEY
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 13, 2012
The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation Network titles flOw & Flower are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in videogames.
An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents a unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way. Journey's innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience -- creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Okijajuju1(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Worthy of Mention:

1. Call of Duty franchise.

2. SOCOM

3. Battlefield

4. Tenchu

5. Grand Theft Auto

6. Metal Gear Solid.

7. PES/FIFA

Etc

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2016
fiizznation:
Most of the games you mentioned are extremely whacky. I still love PS3 more than ps4, but the truth is many ps3 games are whacky. Lol they have a way of making their games look 'so badass like' just with the posters on the CD casings. I don't know, maybe I find most ps3 games boring because I'm a huge fan of warfare games e.g battlefield, COD, and maybe spinster cell. Assassins creed isn't that bad also. Lol, I can't actually believe some people like playing rock star games, jeez I find their games too long or should I say endless.

Take a look at this lanoire, that's like probably the worst game I have ever played, didn't finish playing the horseshit because of its extreme boringness. Far cry boring, the last of us boring, heavy rain boring, bioshock infinite extremely boring. Gush
LMFAO!!! From your list of boring Games I can tell that you my brother have got issues, just kidding! The truth is everyone is entitled to his/her personal preference.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Netfad(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Gta 5 still remains the best game I've ever played. My favourite character was Micheal the divorcee, professional criminal/ex-convict. The missions and game graphics was just too engaging.

I Concur...it sure is 1 hell of a game, followed by God of War...Kratos is 1 blood thirsty fellow...lol

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by 3KINGZ18: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Yes, my friend upgraded mine to 4.80 and I had to downgrade it using an E3 flasher after which I jailbroken it. So far as your ps3 slim model is not above 25××.
Give me your model number just to be sure, cause some 25×× are un-jailbreakable.
guy mine is a cech 2503a it was recently hacked wit games on it until ma junior sis decide to tamper with it which cleared everything in it.n is running 4.70 can it still b hacked am worried as Bleep ryt nw
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by gambit10: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:
*PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016
RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2015

Love The Past, Play The Future -- Konami's venerable footie franchise returns to core gameplay values of PES 2015 and focusing on the many new gameplay and presentational elements that will further establish the series as the definitive soccer experience. The game further integrates the industry-leading Fox Engine to bring the on-pitch action to life, and features a redeveloped Master League and many other gameplay enhancements and tweaks to perfect the footballer action. PES 2016 will also includes the UEFA Champions League club competition, with both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League club competitions featured as individual modes or within the larger season overview upon qualification - with the UEFA Super Cup featured within the iconic Master League mode.

I have PES 16 and FIFA16, believe me fifa doesn't come close in terms of game play ... no stupid up-through passes

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by menxer: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Dis Life sef, now that I can afford games, no time to even play the ones I have.

I used to think gaming was for wayward kids until I bought PS3, then the addiction kicked in, only superseded by a bigger one: making money.

Anyways, I still enjoy my God of War 3, uncharted: Drake' deception, Fear 3, GT5, Mass effect 3, Ghost recon: future soldier, Castlevania: lords of Shadow.

Looking forward to the last of US.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2016
smog1:

Like I said, I don't know anything about PS3. As a result, what's jailbroken games or 25xx models and how will I know YLOD and if its faulty? Broo, I will prefer to get the games on a memory card then insert to the PS3, so what type of the PS3 will you advise me to get? Is it the jailbroken or 25xx models? Infact which is better and how will I know if its faulty with the YLOD. Someone just told me I will get a UK used PS3 for 32k at computer village
To make things easy just get a jailbroken ps3, and then google any term you aren't familiar with, just add ps3 at the end and read the articles on them, because if i were to explain everything to you I would have to open another thread!! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2016
3KINGZ18:
guy mine is a cech 2503a it was recently hacked wit games on it until ma junior sis decide to tamper with it which cleared everything in it.n is running 4.70 can it still b hacked am worried as f*ck ryt nw
Nah, you arent, just take it back to a shop and it will be downgraded and jailbroken again, no biggie
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by TrollTrap: 7:39am On Jul 07, 2016
Ps2 days were the best days of my life smiley
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by fiizznation: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

LMFAO!!! From your list of boring Games I can tell that you my brother have got issues, just kidding! The truth is everyone is entitled to his/her personal preference.
Lol. Don't mind me bruv. If a game isn't a warfare game, I don't usually like it, though I might purchase any other game because of my curiosity and all that, but at the end of the day I might never play such game. Believe you me, I have most of this games you listed, but I'd play them one or two times.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by 3KINGZ18: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Nah, you arent, just take it back to a shop and it will be downgraded and jailbroken again, no biggie
tanks man like hw much will it cost n i hope it will damage d hardware cos dis ma second tym jailbreaking it
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2016
*RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE: A CRACK IN TIME
OCTOBER 27, 2009

Ratchet and Clank are back and on a mission to save the future!! Concluding the events that began in Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty, R&C: A Crack in Time will answer some of the franchise fans' biggest questions. After discovering that lovable robot Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, the Wrench-swinging Ratchet races to save his best friend. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they'll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank's destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?
Powered by Insomniac Games' fourth-generation PS3 technology, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will continue to bring the experience of playing your own computer generated animation movie to PS3. Expect all the laughs and witty banter of a Ratchet and Clank title, as you enjoy all-new space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables... You'll come head-to-head with a brand-new cast of baddies, and some old favorites, and obliterate them with cool new weapons and abilities.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2016
So there are other exciting games outside fifa game on ps3 shocked
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by gambit10: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2016
good lawed, where d bleep is GOD of WAR ( ascension) and call of duty (advanced warfare )
my only regret is I played G.O.W ascension b4 G.O.W 3, u know that feeling of using iPhone den going back to Nokia symbian
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2016
3KINGZ18:
tanks man like hw much will it cost n i hope it will damage d hardware cos dis ma second tym jailbreaking it
So far as The person doing knows what he is doing you are fine, he will just have to reset the ps3 token using QA flag after downgrading and then install a custom firmware, that should avoid any issue, (remind him to change the thermal paste too).
Should cost between 6k to 8k.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by diegwu01: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2016
OP, your original lineup nailed it,but these other additions dont add up. Bioshock is a silly game just like LaNoir or Heavy Rain
I would advise intending Games get..
Call of Duty Series
Uncharted Series (unfortunately the latest in the series is only on PS4 platform)
Grand Theft Auto series
FarCry
Batman Series
Metal Gear Solid series

2 Likes

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by 3KINGZ18: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

So far as The person doing knows what he is doing you are fine, he will just have to reset the ps3 token using QA flag after downgrading and then install a custom firmware, that should avoid any issue, (remind him to change the thermal paste too).
Should cost between 6k to 8k.
tanks man**heaved a sigh of relief**
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
*CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 4, 2014

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons -- one of the most powerful men in the world -- shaping this chilling vision of the future of war. The game takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today's military practices have converged with powerful consequences. • In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war. And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world's largest PMC, Atlas Corporation, is at the center of it all.
Suit up for combat in exoskeletons that evolve every aspect of a soldier's battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization. Players experience enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed. With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Smith35(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] The Last Of Us is just from another planet then the Uncharted series
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by gambit10: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
goldenruby:
So there are other exciting games outside fifa game on ps3 shocked

puhahahaha, what is exciting about fifa?
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
An0nimus:

Some could still reach 6-7k. Much older titles go for 3-4k. Fifa16 should still be in the 10k range. Check Nairaland games section for guys selling off cds, you might be lucky.

Oh okk thanks bro. Will do just that.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2016
3KINGZ18:
tanks man**heaved a sigh of relief**
Glad I could help!!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by gambit10: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:
*CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 4, 2014

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons -- one of the most powerful men in the world -- shaping this chilling vision of the future of war. The game takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today's military practices have converged with powerful consequences. • In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war. And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world's largest PMC, Atlas Corporation, is at the center of it all.
Suit up for combat in exoskeletons that evolve every aspect of a soldier's battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization. Players experience enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed. With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

now u r talking!

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2016
[b]*GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION[/b]
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 12, 2013

God of War: Ascension returns players to the storyline of the epic God of War franchise. Join Kratos as he seeks freedom, redemption and the clarity to avenge his family. Or seek your own glory in epic 8-player mutliplayer battles.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by smog1(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:

To make things easy just get a jailbroken ps3, and then google any term you aren't familiar with, just add ps3 at the end and read the articles on them, because if i were to explain everything to you I would have to open another thread!! smiley
Ok! So, I should tell the seller I need PS3 of 2010 or jailbroken ps3? And pls how will I know if the Ps3 is faulty with the YLOD? I think this is important too, I'm sorry for disturbing you its just that I don't want to be a victim
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 8:00am On Jul 07, 2016
smog1:

Ok! So, I should tell the seller I need PS3 of 2010 or jailbroken ps3? And pls how will I know if the Ps3 is faulty with the YLOD? I think this is important too, I'm sorry for disturbing you its just that I don't want to be a victim
Get a jailbroken ps3 ( all jailbroken ps3 are made on or before 2010), as for the YLOD you have to tell the seller you will return it if it is faulty, then when you get it play it for a whole day, if it goes off by itself while playing return it.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by tchijay: 8:00am On Jul 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Gta 5 still remains the best game I've ever played. My favourite character was Micheal the divorcee, professional criminal/ex-convict. The missions and game graphics was just too engaging.

Trevor was another crazy character.. bad guy but very rough... my best character tho... I like thugs
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2016
*NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION
RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2014

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution brings back the ultimate anime fighting game from famed developer CyberConnect2. Stunning anime visuals and fluid 3D ninja fighting action come together once again for the largest and most explosive Ultimate Ninja Storm game yet. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution features brand new gameplay mechanics including devastating Combination Ultimate Jutsu attacks, allowing characters to combine their honed powers to create powerful techniques to bring opponents to their knees. With a roster reaching 100 playable characters spanning the entire Naruto and Naruto Shippuden anime arcs, there are sure to be characters that fit everyone’s play style. A brand new character designed by Naruto manga creator Masashi Kishimoto also makes an appearance in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution.

For Naruto fans in the house grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Know That You Rocked This Game, Say Hi / My YouTube & Twitch Channel / Millionaires Club Football Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.