Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 (54129 Views)

Do You Still Remember These Games? / Five Best Games For Infinix Note 4 Pro / Which Of These Games Did We Do Best When We Were Young??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by cao(f): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
fiizznation:
Most of the games you mentioned are extremely whacky. I still love PS3 more than ps4, but the truth is many ps3 games are whacky. Lol they have a way of making their games look 'so badass like' just with the posters on the CD casings. I don't know, maybe I find most ps3 games boring because I'm a huge fan of warfare games e.g battlefield, COD, and maybe spinster cell. Assassins creed isn't that bad also. Lol, I can't actually believe some people like playing rock star games, jeez I find their games too long or should I say endless.

Take a look at this lanoire, that's like probably the worst game I have ever played, didn't finish playing the horseshit because of its extreme boringness. Far cry boring, the last of us boring, heavy rain boring, bioshock infinite extremely boring. Gush
Worst game?! You're clearly biased since you mentioned you're a big fan of warfare games, you prefer to shoot first and ask questions never. LA Noire is a detective game, you're supposed to investigate, not run round shooting folks like infantry. So maybe stick to your preferences since you only want shooting & no story. I'm surprised you added Splinter Cell, a stealth game, it must kill you not to run and gun. Spec Ops: The Line would probably do your head in after its infamous twist. Massive open world games like GTA V & Witcher 3 are not your forte. Seriously, don't even go near Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 or any Mass Effect, you never see long game at all...

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by cao(f): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert:
*SLEEPING DOGS
RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 14, 2012

Inspired by classic Hollywood and Asian cinema style action thrillers, Sleeping Dogs is a gritty open-world cop drama set in the vibrant city of Hong Kong. Sleeping Dogs catapults players into the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, tasked with taking down one of the world’s most fearsome criminal organizations from the inside... the Hong Kong Triads. As players explore the bustling and crowded Hong Kong island, through its neon-lit side streets and sprawling street markets, an incredible story unfolds of loyalty and betrayal where Wei begins to question his own motives as he is sucked in deeper than he could ever imagine.
Offering players an island packed with action, every street corner, market stall, harbor dock or city skyscraper can become an opportunity for intense shoot-outs, adrenaline-fueled street races and intense, brutal martial arts combat. Featuring one of the most intuitive and imaginative combat systems, Sleeping Dogs empowers players to perform an extensive set of martial arts moves, singlehandedly taking on numerous opponents. Players perform bone-crunching kicks and combos, vicious counters and a cinematic set of environmental takedowns making use of countless real-world items from circular saws to phone booths, incinerators to refrigerator doors.
I knew you'd add this one, this was one of the most surprising games I've played, I'd so much fun on it on my PS3. I even got it again on the PS4. It's nice to see True Crime again (it was originally a TC sequel before it got sold to Square Enix). I knew I would enjoy it that fateful day the advert came up on YouTube & I didn't skip it, 'cause I wanted to know what the heck I was watching.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wolexe1:
I have all this cartridge and others for sale,interested buyer can contact me on 08133987212
Cartridge? So that word still exist .
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
cao:

I knew you'd add this one, this was one of the most surprising games I've played, I'd so much fun on it on my PS3. I even got it again on the PS4. It's nice to see True Crime again (it was originally a TC sequel before it got sold to Square Enix). I knew I would enjoy it that fateful day the advert came up on YouTube & I didn't skip it, 'cause I wanted to know what the heck I was watching.
The feeling is mutual, would have added it sooner but I just didn't remember until I checked my storage hard drive and there it was, lolz. The story line is also quite gud. It reminded me of that Jet Lee game on PS2, i played a lot of it when i was little/younger (am still young sha).
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
cao:

Worst game?! You're clearly biased since you mentioned you're a big fan of warfare games, you prefer to shoot first and ask questions never. LA Noire is a detective game, you're supposed to investigate, not run round shooting folks like infantry. So maybe stick to your preferences since you only want shooting & no story. I'm surprised you added Splinter Cell, a stealth game, it must kill you not to run and gun. Spec Ops: The Line would probably do your head in after its infamous twist. Massive open world games like GTA V & Witcher 3 are not your forte. Seriously, don't even go near Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 or any Mass Effect, you never see long game at all...
Hehe...I was more surprised he added the last of us to his list of boring games, there are games I wish I could just erase the memory of playing for the first time and replay it all over again for the first time, the last of us is one of such games, I couldn't really get a good response to the guy, it's his choice.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
cao:

Err...Bully (Canem Canis Edit on PAL) was originally exclusively released on the PS2 in 2006...It did eventually get remastered on the PS3 in 2012. This list appears to be about games that were originally (exclusively or otherwise) released on PS3, not remasters... Although, it was a brilliant game that I'm surprised never got a sequel.
noted thanks and i agree
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by An0nimus: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
DaveHert2:

The downside is that your psn account and your console ID could get blocked if you go online (i.e play online, use you psn store) but there are spoofs and homebrew apps that let's you spoof your console and limit (not remove completely) the risk of getting blocked . But The advantages out way the disadvantages of a jailbroken ps3, unless you have money to spend on cd's.

Always felt a jailbroken one spoils faster. Not much a fan of jailbreaking or rooting devices. If I come to terms with the decision I'll look up how to jailbreak and probably do it myself.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
An0nimus:

Always felt a jailbroken one spoils faster. Not much a fan of jailbreaking or rooting devices. If I come to terms with the decision I'll look up how to jailbreak and probably do it myself.
Am the rebellious type, am all for jailbreaking, rooting and twerking, as for your comment on spoilage, I don't think so, after jailbreaking your ps3 it should be as good as any un-jailbroken ps3, it's how you maintain ur ps3 that matters, a ps3 is almost like a computer since it runs on a Linux operating system, that been said, I think due to the power instability in nigeria, you should use a UPS for it, but why you might wonder? The thing is like a computer, a ps3 should be manually shut down when done with, and not just go off while being used due to power failure (Thanks to NEPA), if your ps3 is constantly shutting down by NEPA I can assure you that it will get faulty one day, I know this from experience, i and some of my friends got our ps3 consoles around the same time 8yrs ago, I always had a ups at home so I just hooked it up to the ups and I shut down my console manually after NEPA does its M.O(modus operandi), that aside, all I do is change my thermal paste every now and then and do some dust removal and servicing, my ps3 is still as healthy as a brand new and will probably still be kept for keepsake when I get a PS4 next year (hopefully dollar exchange rate will have come down), but a few of my friends can't brag of that, they keep getting issues ranging from hardware issues to software issues and some of theirs have even had the YLOD, not to brag but I can attribute my ps3's life span to my UPS usage and my routine maintenance.
#NOTE: my ps3 was jailbroken the same year I got it. One of my friend refuse jailbreaking he's because he was being a saint, well he had money for cd's, he's currently on a ps4 but was on his second ps3 before upgrading.
In a nutshell, it's not about the jailbreaking but how well you maintain your console. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
*METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2015

Part of the mysterious twin game projects that form part five in the Metal Gear franchise, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain continues the complex saga of the Snake soldier line, connecting storylines from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and the rest of the Metal Gear timeline.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
viickerz:

where is far cry
Fallout
Added!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Electronzeez:
No mortal kombat .

Walks out
Sorri, was on ban so I couldn't add it but finally added it
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
Davehert, How the hell do you exclude LANoire from that list....Well all man get hin own opinion anyway
Sorri, I wasn't done with the list, but its added now

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
*TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLIST
RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 20, 2013

The United States has a military presence in two thirds of countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist -- a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on U.S. interests. Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed 4th Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero.
Unleash the power of the most lethal agent to ever exist. You've been given the ultimate freedom to protect innocents against the Blacklist terror attacks known as -- the freedom to use limitless force, to break every law, and to become the globe's deadliest operative. If you succeed, the President of the United States will deny you exist. If you fail, millions will die.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dominicpupuru:
OP please include splinter cell - blacklist...
Added!!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Navar:
@Op. Skyrim V.. Elder scrolls is a no for me. D game get as e be abeg.
Well not every game is not for eveeyone, Skyrim is really enjoyable once you really get into it.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
sentorima:
This list can't be complete? Where is METAL GEAR SOLID 4
Added!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
*TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER
RELEASE DATE: MAY 22, 2012

Part of the Group for Specialized Tactics, a Special Mission Unit under the direct command of the Joint Special Operations Command, the elite of the modern US Special Forces is better known by their battlefield legend. They are the untraceable soldiers called the Ghosts. Only the best of the best, soldiers with a unique mix of skills on and off the battlefield, ever get to wear the coveted Ghost insignia. In the near future, four of these elite soldiers serve as the tip of the spear in a hidden war raging across the globe. But even as Ghost Lead, Pepper, 30K, and Kozak accomplish their objectives, they discover the threat they face is greater than they ever imagined -- one that could alter the international balance of power forever.
Providing yet another new direction in the Ghost Recon series of military games, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier promises to go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience. The game features cutting-edge technology, prototype high-tech weaponry, and state-of-the-art single-player and multiplayer modes.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
AlphaDibia:
Uncharted 2 is craaaaaaaazzzzyyyyyyyyy. Notice how all the games you listed has something to do with guns
Nah, I wasn't able to list them all because I was on ban, it's been updated with more games.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
cao:

When did Gears of War become a PlayStation exclusive, next thing you'll talk about Halo...
Lolz the guy is funny, probably thought xbox exclusives were inclusive.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
piagetskinner:
Where is far cry biko??
Added!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
*FAR CRY 4
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 18, 2014

Step into a vast, unknowable land once again in this fourth game in the Far Cry franchise. Players find themselves in Kyrat, a wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape. Built from the legendary DNA of its award-winning predecessor, Far Cry 4 delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever in an entirely new and massive open world with a new weapons, vehicles, wildlife and more.
In Far Cry 4, you’ll conquer fortress outposts from the back of a six-ton elephant and take to the skies as you rain down explosives from the seat of your gyrocopter. The vertical landscape of the Himalayas isn’t just a pretty backdrop, but a playground that encourages the player to fight, hunt and explore, grappling up cliffs or launching into the air, plummeting to the valley below in a controlled free fall with your wing suit. You’ll carry with you a truly unique arsenal of weaponry that lets you play your way, whether it’s sniping, sneaking or all-out assault. When all else fails, animals can be your biggest allies or your greatest danger, as Kyrat’s wilderness delivers on the promise of a true open world anecdote factory.

1 Like

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
DealZ:
Without a doubt ps3 was/is a madt hit n succes....no beef with ur list sha but I bliv batman arkham deserves a mention
Yea me too,its been added!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
*TOMB RAIDER
RELEASE DATE: MARCH 5, 2013

Tomb Raider delivers an intense and gritty story of the origins of Lara Croft and her ascent from frightened young woman to hardened survivor, armed with only raw instincts and the physical ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance. Superb physics-based gameplay is paired with a heart-pounding narrative in Lara's most personal, character-defining adventure to date.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Where is my BATTLE FIELD?

I like Call of Duty Black Ops, but I play battle field again and again and again.
Added!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
fitinwell:
Where is car racer racing...
Added them!!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
Toniosparlet:
How much does it take to jailbreak a ps3 slim?
6k to 8k
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
*HITMAN: ABSOLUTION
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 20, 2012

Hitman: Absolution follows Agent 47, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted -- and now hunted by the police -- he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world. Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, Hitman: Absolution combines much-loved classic gameplay with features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.

Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
PAQ:
Ur list isn't complete!
I think I pretty much covered your list.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
sniperwolf:

Gear of War is Xbox exclusive, comprehend the topic before commenting
grin LMFAO
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
jideniceguy:
Wow nice thread op. I love playin video games and I have a playstation 3. I've been using it for a while now and it's still workin as if it's still new and it's not jailbroken cos I don't like that. I've not played a lot of games on it yet up till today. It's been mostly football, racin games and few shootin games I've been playin with it and I've started plannin to get a PS4 soon. But would like to try out these games list u mentioned here. Maybe if I get dem, I can suspend plans to buy Ps4 for now. Like how much would each of those CDs cost and do u know how much fifa 16 cost now? thanks.
They should be selling for 3k 4k now, as for fifa 16 it should be 6k or there about!
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
diegwu01:
Nice list, Wonder why you chose just those 2 games in the Call of Duty Series without World at War, CoD MW3, Advanced Warfare
Well i assumed once you see one of them you will obviously figure out that series is good.
Re: The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 by DaveHert(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
javispj:
what about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon...men That's the sh#t...
Added!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

If You Know That You Rocked This Game, Say Hi / My YouTube & Twitch Channel / Millionaires Club Football Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.