Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again (32456 Views)

Xenophobia: International Criminal Court To Probe Zuma, Zulu King / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / Drug Gangs Strike Back In Rio’s ‘pacified’ Slums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by igboboy1(m): 2:50am On Sep 12, 2009
My profile picture is me when I was 15yrs (throwback) now I am in my early twenties so I look just like you have me on your profile pic wink

Do i look like him facially? umm if thats me i guess Yea wink

Enjoying cali?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by THEAMAKA(f): 2:58am On Sep 12, 2009
now SHOW YOUR FACE!! so i can be the judge. lol
sunny cali, man its been hot lately, not enjoying it at all.
i hate HEAT!!
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by swaggguys: 4:10am On Sep 12, 2009
Na who b dis guys again.

una wan go spoil our small name make u dey bear?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by yeswecan(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2009
I heard. Tell me what’s new in this story, 11 fraud stars; and so? It happens everywhere, Go and read about the Great America fraud and top ten fraudsters of all time. The difference between Nigeria and other PERFECT countries is simply the focus. We enjoy discussing the worst about our country, the media focus which represents our image to the outside world.

This tread has attracted 10 pages in less than one week. Even tread on Ghani’s death didn’t attract much, which means we enjoy discussing the worst about our country. Go and check up the 10 most corrupt countries on planet earth, Nigeria is not listed; but I guarantee it will soon be.

The problem with this country is not the leaders alone; we have a bigger portion of the problem. I don't see the need of posting such tread in the first place.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by yeswecan(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2009
@vanni

Do u exist? are u for real?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by na2day2(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2009
God don catch yoruba ppl, tomorrow dem go dey yan say na igbo ppl too like money tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by kwenu: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2009
i m still inlove with my nigeria, no matter what the whole world sees or says about her
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Viking: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2009
What do you expect when the people in authority[politicians] are defrauding the people everyday. Until the leader's in authority will change,we will continue to hear these kind of stories both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by bidemi12(m): 12:54am On Sep 13, 2009
True talk viking.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Phony200(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2009
A credit card forger was caught in July 2008 trying out a new batch of phony plastic at a Nashville gas station, and investigators found the sophisticated equipment and blank cards needed to make the counterfeits in his apartment.

The defendant, Madison resident Pavan Voleti, was arrested, charged and released on bond; pleaded guilty; then was allowed to remain free until his sentencing day.

But Voleti couldn't wait patiently to learn his fate in court.

In late April, he was arrested again with counterfeit cards, and the equipment to make them was found at his girlfriend's house in Goodlettsville, according to federal court documents.

Now, he's jailed with no bail, and on Friday, he pleaded guilty again before U.S. District Judge Thomas Wiseman to charges in both cases. Sentencing has been reset for Nov. 16, and he could receive a combined prison term of up to 25 years.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090913/BUSINESS01/909130336/1003/NEWS01/High-tech+forgery+equipment+makes+credit+cards+vulnerable

He's not a nigerian, credit card scams are not just by nigerians alone. We only have the reputation.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2009
Phony200:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090913/BUSINESS01/909130336/1003/NEWS01/High-tech+forgery+equipment+makes+credit+cards+vulnerable

He's not a nigerian, credit card scams are not just by nigerians alone. We only have the reputation.
we are tagged with the reputation cos we bloody glorify the despecable act.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by MrCrackles(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2009
jay bee:

we are tagged with the reputation cos we bloody glorify the despicable act.
Spot on. . .
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Phony200(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2009
jay bee:

we are tagged with the reputation cos we bloody[b] glorify the despecable act[/b].

Yep, at least looking on the bright side, better scammers than suicide bombers blowing innocent lives up for 70 virgins (sex unspecified). But then, evil is evil no matter the shape size or target victims or perpetrators. It's not too much to hope that things are changing for the better gradually. Awareness is making pulling scams off more difficult. . . hopefully difficult and later on impossible.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by deledele: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2009
The real nigerian criminals are the Nigerian politicians forget the Nigerians abroad how about those who are milking the country dry. Those Nigerians abroad doing fraud are just trying to make a living!!! Not that I support what they are doing but if Nigeria was not so frustrating to live in I guess I guess many Nigerians would not be doing fraud abroad angry angry
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2009
Phony200:

good they said he was a[b] foreigner[/b] why cant they do the same for a nigerians abroad who do fraud, instead of always putting NIGERIANS?

when one reaches America you are an American but if you Bleep up you are a considered foreigner, even if you're a american citizen has lived and contributed to america for 20+ years.

I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE DONT SEE THE DOUBLE STANDARD AMERICA HAS.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by THEAMAKA(f): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
sjeezy8:

good they said he was a[b] foreigner[/b] why cant they do the same for a nigerians abroad who do fraud, instead of always putting NIGERIANS?

when one reaches America you are an American but if you Bleep up you are a considered foreigner, even if you're a american citizen has lived and contributed to america for 20+ years.

I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE DONT SEE THE DOUBLE STANDARD AMERICA HAS.
true dat.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2009
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by PastorOla1: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
Pr 28:20 ¶ A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent. {innocent: or, unpunished}
(KJV)
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by na2day2(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2009
Viking:

What do you expect when the people in authority[politicians] are defrauding the people everyday. Until the leader's in authority will change,we will continue to hear these kind of stories both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria

abeg make we hear word, if ur leaders jump inside fire burn to death u go follow dem? angry angry
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2009
na2day?:

abeg make we hear word, if your leaders jump inside fire burn to death u go follow dem? angry angry

Abeg tell dem o
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2009
Pastor Ola:

Pr 28:20 ¶ A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent. {innocent: or, unpunished}
(KJV)

"Weath gotten by vanity shall also be diminished Prov 13:11"
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nezan(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
Dont we blame politicians again.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by deledele: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2009
I write again this whole issue of nigerian gangs doing scams is blown out of proportion like i said i donot support what they are doing but nigerians are no where near americans as conmen the only problem with us is that we donot invest the money made into reasonable projects. Buying a flashy car with 17 inch rims and living in a rented room makes no sense. I guess is a black man mentality
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
interesting thread
Nigerians are branded as corrupt people (that will never change) Gbam.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by WackyJ1(m): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2009
Nigeria needs major improvement!!!
I belong to the school of thought which believes that once we become economically stabillised the rate in criminality in the country and outside will be considerably reduced. wink
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 12:41am On Sep 16, 2009
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 12:45am On Sep 16, 2009
behold the

Newspaper Links:
New Nigeria

Daily Trust
Thisday
Vanguard
The Guardian
Leadership

Daily Sun
Punch
Tribune
Times of Nigeria
Daily Champion
Daily Independent

The Sahara Reporter
The Orlando Report
The World Press

Links:
PromoNigeria
Allafrica

Gamji.Com
AmanaOnline

Zumunta.org
Nigeria World
ArewaVoices

Arewa-eCircles

Khilafa.com
BBC African
NigerDeltaCongr.
DefenceTimesNews
Voice of Cape
Nigerian Muse

African Institute
Confab

Nigerian credit card ring in Minnesota exposed!

By Wasiu Sodeinde
Continued from home page,

There is palpable fear among Nigerian crime communities in the Twin cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, as agents of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehensions, BCA began rounding up some Nigerians believed to be involved in credit card theft and identity fraud in the northern part of the United States.
Eleven Nigerians, eight of who are currently being detained at the Ramsey County jail in St Paul Minnesota have been charged with multiple counts of fraud for allegedly running a counterfeit credit card scheme and stealing more than $650,000.
According to the Department of Justice the list of the charged individuals include Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere and Titilayo Abidemi Fowoshere, both of Ramsey; Adekunle Kayode Ayeni, Yewande Mariam Sholebo, Adewale Alba Alli, Olayemi Lateef Banjoko, Idowu Ayinla Sadiq, Abiodun Banjoko and Oyetoyin Oseni Atobatele, all of Fridley; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago of Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, whose address is unknown.

Abidemi Ayeni Fowoshere, wife of Delu is known in many social functions as the 'big girl' and was allegedly known to carry not less than $2,000 in cash in her wallet all the time. She too is now in Ramsey County jail.

Africa-Online's correspondent; Wasiu Sodeinde scooped that the alleged leader of the gang, popularly known as Delu is currently being sought in connection with the crime and is believed to have escaped to Nigeria while His wife, Bidemi and brother in law, Adekunle Kayode Ayeni who was arrested a day after his 27th birthday are currently in the clink.
Africa-Online's correspondent was also informed that Abidemi, wife of the alleged leader of the gang had been deported several times to Nigeria only for her to resurfaced back in the states "she had been deported back to Nigeria not less than three times, how she managed to come back to US still beats everyone's imagination?" added a source who does not want to be named for fear of intimidation by the members of the gang who were believed to have vast network throughout the US, Europe and Africa.
Another source claimed that the leader of the gang, a five foot tall man with a rotund belly whose family is related to a monarchy in Lagos State has been contacting network of friends in US to get lawyers to effect the release of his wife and his foot soldiers .

The alleged leader, Delu Fowoshere bald headed in the middle with brother in law Kayode Ayeni, standing (R) while in rasta hair is Abiodun Banjoko left in jean pant is Olayemi Lateef Banjoko

According to the source, Delu was allegedly said to have shipped not less than 20 assorted cars monthly to Nigeria and was said to have boasted that he could afford expensive lawyers that would handle the case. According to a source who is closed to the gang, he was alleged to have informed his foot soldiers not to blow the whistle until he had got them a lawyer.
According to information obtained by the Secret Service, one of the charged individuals allegedly boasted that he would never get caught for his crimes because he was too good at "covering his tracks
Africa-Online's correspondent however gathered that there are other Nigerians still being sought in connection with fraud related crimes like, counterfeiting, credit card fraud and mail fraud among others, top among the suspects is a man believed to be a son of the special adviser to the former president of Nigeria on ecological matter whose father's house was allegedly being used for the criminal activities.
Most closed associates and friends of the gang members were said to be on the run following the breaking of the news of the arrest of eight members of the gang, others who were very closed to them are now living in fear as they were not sure of how extensive the investigation into the crime would go.
A mother of one of the suspect was said to have collapsed when news of the arrest of his son was broken to her.

Oyetoyin Atobatele has fleet of cars and has own plate numbers like Oseni 1 Oseni 2 Oseni 3 etc inscribed on them and is known to have own cloth line, he is currently a guest of the police at the Ramsey County jail, Minnesota.

Africa-Online's correspondent can authoritatively reveal that most of the family of the arrested Nigerians have had brushes with the law in the past. An impeccable source told NewsStar that the wife of Idowu Sadiq was arrested about seven years ago in New York while attempting to cash a stolen $100,000 cheque from an account that did not belong to her.

She was jailed and had to deliver her first child in the prison. She was believed to have relocated to Canada where she was said to be living under a different identity.
Africa-Online's correspondent was also informed that the half brother of Delu Fowoshere was allegedly being investigated for credit card related offense in Minnesota. He was said to have got the wind that he was being investigated before he escaped to Canada. He too is believed to be currently living in Canada under a different identity.
Most Nigerians living in Minneapolis and Saint Paul were said to have not been surprised by the arrest of these suspects as information available indicated that most of the suspects had no visible sources of livelihood but were always seen at parties spraying Dollars like seed.

The suspects if convicted could spend up to 30 years in jail as charges preferred them carry a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison.

The alleged big boss, Adelumola Bashiru Fowoshere has evaded the law for a long time, He was allegedly known to have fled from London to USA, now he has absconded to Nigeria,

Yewande Sholebo now on the run is alleged to have thrown a lavish Ankara Nite birthday party last month in Minneapolis

Olayemi Lateef Banjoko just released on bail bond

Alleged thieving family : Titilayo bidemi Ayeni, (Middle) and brother, Adekunle kayode Ayeni (right)

Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago is believed to be related to the Land speculator family of Ikorodu,Lagos

© 2001-2009 Onas Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of use Privacy
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2009
one has already been released on bail.

Hope he's not a Nairalander?

na wa for breast tattoos, btw. Is it some kind of identifier.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by na2day2(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2009
make dem sharia dem jor
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sherrylo: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
You see this Barawo them,them go come Nigeria,spend money as if na so Abroad self easy the next thing my people wen dey home go face Sahara say them dey go Europe.

I beg,make them sentence this ones to 99years jail especially that woman wen get record born her first child for prison.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by 3much4: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
Sad
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by vanni(f): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2009
blah, blah, blah,

so much venom

Lets hope this note of appeal helps keep them out of jail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Raging Wildfires Destroy California ( Pix, Video) / Pakistan Conduct Retaliatory Strikes In Iran, After Warning Of Consequence (pics / Donald Trump's Twitter Account Has Been Restored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.