Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters (67281 Views)

Dangote Sugar Grows 227% To Emerge 2017 Best Performing Stock / Zenith Bank, 2 Others Emerge Best Performing Stocks In July / Nigeria Devalues Naira-sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Ofemmanu1: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2016
Paperwhite:
Then he even went ahead to buy unmotorable vehicles.Now while the Dasuki trial is ongoing,this idiot have continue to sit-tight hypocritically as if he has no hand in it.This is how many APC's as well as PDP's thieves starting from the president himself,his aides,ministers, governors,etc.have one corrupt baggage or the other hanging on their neck but waiting to be unearth at the fulness of time.
But, how long are we willing to wait?
We're just mortals, we've got no time and patience, only the gods have em.
Sometimes, i wish it was the good old days where it would be resolved with iron and blood, else those mofo will loot us dry.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Bimpe29: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2016
Apparently, Buhari anti corruption fight is bias.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by ojun50(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2016
centboy123456:

Oya collect am and think me latter
thanks
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by eph12(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2016
NaLaugh:

This comment wins the internet.

If people (anywhere in the world) could only make judgment based on facts and principle, rather than affiliation, the world would be better off.
My brother this is what we facing in Nigeria o. People will know the truth but choose to be bias and mischievous for what reason I don't know. Am sure most of them are never involved when these people are sharing their stolen billions. I am just afraid for the future. If the opposition wins the next election this same cycle will repeat itself and at the end we won't leave this world a better place for our generation to come.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by ojun50(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2016
khalid6ix:

go sambisa forest
u go wicked oh
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by wellmax(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Izonpikin:
no sane Nigerian would wait for SR to show that buharis government is filled with hypocritical thieves...let them enjoy their immunity....

Who and who enjoys immunity please?
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by eph12(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Pyno30:
What are you saying? Did rain beat you today?
I have just two questions for you.
1. Which are you? zombie, wailer or apolitical?
2. Which is it? Can't read or can't comprehend?
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Omeokachie: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Burutai can sleep in all the trenches and dug-outs with troops all he wants, that can never take away the stench of this allegation.

BTW - Magu's EFCC will 'see no petition', 'hear of no allegation', and simply 'do nothing' in this case.

Indeed Bubu is phiting kwarraptian!
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Elobyte: 8:02am On Jul 10, 2016
Look at a criminal been a staff of defence in nigeria what shame.nd he is busyhelping d dullard of daura to kill innocent people.Nigeria has expired
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by iwadobo: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2016
joseph1832:
If PMB know what's right for him and his credibility, he should give burantashi, sorry Buratai the boot with immediate effect.

How can a serving army general have properties worth millions in Dubai, when even PMB himself, a retired general is still rearing cows in Daura?.

Is PMB clean? If you think so, think of Halliburton scandal. Do you think we have another Aisha Buhari? Let's forget the hypocrisy.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Paperwhite(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

But, how long are we willing to wait?
We're just mortals, we've got no time and patience, only the gods have em.
Sometimes, i wish it was the good old days where it would be resolved with iron and blood, else those mofo will loot us dry.
Still don't worry man.It's either nature takes it course or the impartial Lord of the Universe executes judgement at his own discretion.Patience man!Jah-jah fire gonna burn them Babylon them ina the nation.

1 Like

Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by iwadobo: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Bimpe29:
Apparently, Buhari anti corruption fight is bias.

Buhari is not fightingredients any corruption rather, he is fighting opposition .
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by 989900: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2016
EFCC should do the needful, Buratai can clear his name with them.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
My guy the truth is that SR is sponsored by the CIA.
macaranta:
Sahara reporters,do they use jazz?the way they get information and supporting documents can only be compared to a functional intelligence unit.I suspect a foreign player trying to orchestrate events in Nigeria using SR.
Don't get it twisted I have no party affiliations ,I'm a hybrid of wailer/zombie grin
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by M4gunners: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2016
Oga press up i see you oooooo.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Mcowubaba: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2016
When EFCC see the BROOM the shall PASSOVER

THIS IS THE SURMARY OF THE ANTI CORRUPTION CRUSADE
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by obailala(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Mboi2:
I laugh in French.
The problem is not even the old man that didn't go to school but the youths of this country that reason with their anus.
If it's anything relating to Fayose of PDP or GEJ and d likes, Zombies will full this place shouting "kill them! Jail them! Return our yams!" How come I've seen no Zombie on this thread abi dem dey sleep?
Pls @ Obailala, come and speak English to defend Burantai abi dem owe you 2months salary?
By the time you people will know the agenda of this govt and how corrupt it's agencies and officials are, you will know Abacha was a saint.

Bla bla bla bla bla, just like the sounds of a broken record from a pained loser; apparently since the main reason your hero was booted out of office was corruption, you and your ilk have been all about, desperately trying to prove that buhari is also as corrupt. But that's a no brainer, such shallow assertions only end within your petty circles; the world (both Nigeria and beyond) knows better.

As for Buratai, I am sorry to dissappoint you, but if you were expecting me to jump in and start defending corruption, you are totally wasting your time. My personal value system does not give room for me to run around like a headless chicken, looking for the next corrupt person or corruption case to defend like most people fondly do due to some stinking tribal, ethnic, regional or political sentiments. I wasnt raised that way by my parents.Thanks
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2016
That's the reason FG wants secret trial for Dazuki, incase he name Buhari's gang.
EFCC, DSS, ICPC, ICC. Una dey there?
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by travy: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2016
How much do these miltary officers take as salary, is there a publicly published figure?
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by bigtt76(f): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2016
The last time Buhari tried to investigate a serving COAS ...he was booted out grin I doubt he would want to go same way this time around undecided
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2016
PDP and wailers are just clutching straws. They are holding unto any twig in their attempt to stop drowning. One a PDP is accused of corruption, instead of them to plead their innocence and prepare their defense, they embark on counter accusations by accusing members of APC , key members of the administration and buhari's family members of corruption, as if that will make a good defense argument in a law court. Some of their accusations are simply absurd like the one against Aisha buhari.
This Buratai's accusation is not even coherent. What are the accusations, first they say he embezzled money ment for officer's welfare, then they say he mismanaged the money meant for purchase of vehicles. Even the person that made the accusations in sahara reporters failed to provide any evidence of corruption, the person only provided evidence that General Buratai bought properties in Dubai, which in itself is not a crime.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2016
This Buratai's "mansion" accusation had been over thrashed. This new " emerging new details" has not said anything new.
This is my earlier response to the topic;
Corruption fighting back. I am certain this incoherent blabber is from Fayose and his cohorts.
BADNEAT:
General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed. 

I think majority of our youth need to go back to secondary school and retake English Comprehension. Reading this article show no evidence of any property bought by Burutai.

As this news website exclusively revealed last week, General Buratai and his two wives in 2013 paid the sum of 1,498,534.00 AED (N120 million/$419,000) for the first property, Project TFG Marina Hotel Unit 2711. Sale documents indicated that the first property was handed over to the Buratais on January 13, 2013.
That General Buratai and his two wives bought a property valued at N120,000,000 is a vindication of the general's relative modesty in the Nigerian context. Compared to other general in any of the armed forces, this is chicken change. Imagine what general Ihijerika or general minimah and their wives is worth.

On July 13, 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed General Buratai as Chief of Army Staff. Our investigations show that, within 11 days of his appointment, the general was making arrangements for the purchase of a second property from the same company in Dubai. Our investigators obtained evidence that, between July 24 and August 17, 2015, General Buratai paid a total sum of N42.2 million into TFG Sigma 111’s account in Nigeria (Skye Bank 1770380452). 

Evidence exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters reveal that General Buratai made N10 million payments on July 24 and August 7 respectively. Three days later, another N10 million was paid into the real estate firm’s account, The phone number on the Skye Bank teller is 08033349740 Saharareporters investigations shows that it belonged to a Nigerian Army Major Emmanuel G. Adegbola of the Nigerian Army Finance Corps (N/10808).  On August 17, 2015, the Chief of Army Staff paid the sum of N3,270,000 into the account.

Where is the evidence that General Butatai paid money into TGF Sigma's account? What are the details of the said second property?

Our sources within the Army disclosed that the lodgments came from Army funds stolen and diverted by General Buratai. They explained that the diverted monies were taken from funds budgeted for the feeding, medical care and payment of allowances of soldiers fighting the war against Islamist insurgents in Nigeria’s northeast zone.

Proof? This is just wild speculation. Was Buratai directly responsible for soldier's welfare and when was this? Before he became COAS or the one week after being appointed Army chief when he is alleged to have paid for the second property.

Please note that the said first property bought by general Buratai and his two wives is not a multi million dollar luxurious mansion as being promoted by wailers, it is an investment scheme Dubai has been promoting for over a decade. They sell you luxury apartments or hotel rooms of various sizes, they then manage the property on your behalf by renting out the property to holidaying guests. You also have the option of staying in the room/apartment whenever you travel to dubai instead of renting an hotel room. After a period of about 5 years, you are expected to recover back your investment.

From the pictures posted by the OP, I cannot see the mansion and multi million naira farm owned by General Buratai near Abuja.
https://www.nairaland.com/3192817/buratai-bought-second-dubai-property/3#47003946
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2016
carammel:
I do not understand why they are investigating Buratai,what has it got to do with the job he is currently doing as the COAS?
Present another credible person for the job na,if you want Buratai out.
mtchewew.
Now I dunno why the igbos want the man out,is it to put an igboman? you guys would still be the first to cry out that Buhari is pushing your people to war zones. What exactly do you want?

Why are u investigating Fayose??
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by freshcvvs: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2016
legendte:
He is a northerner so he is above probing

Dasuki Is an ijaw man

Maina the fugitive is from IMO.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by wirinet(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2016
crixtex:

Why are u investigating Fayose??
So you are insinuating that if General Buratai is not investigated, then no other Nigerian should be investigated again. Are you suggesting we close down the courts, send all prisoners home and shut the prisons?
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Bgorgeous:
This guy better explain where he got that kind of money as a career public servant
explain to the president with ear infection that cant hear anything
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by onatisi(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2016
Nigerians never see anything. We were called all sorts of names when we said this.

Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by uwalakathankgod(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2016
midolian:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/09/more-details-emerge-nigeria-chief-army-staff-general-buratai%E2%80%99s-dubai-properties

this SaharaReporters, this news website is the best.
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by aluma(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Just passing
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2016
wirinet:

So you are insinuating that if General Buratai is not investigated, then no other Nigerian should be investigated again. Are you suggesting we close down the courts, send all prisoners home and shut the prisons?

Bro... stop acting like u are a fighter of corruption... it stinks.... is general Burutai bigger than Nigeria...
The right thing is for him to be.investigated... it will be easy sef since he has no immunity...
And why should we close down the courts,.more should be established so that thieves and crooks like AishaHaliburton,Burutai,Fayose, slowpoke, StealerOduah et al, that have no immunity can be sentenced to hard labour in jail...

Bro, i urge you be a total supporter of anticorruption and stand by truth
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by uwalakathankgod(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2016
omegaurch1:
SR seems to be better at investigations than EFCC

I'm thinking towards this same direction .
Re: Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters by drss(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2016
buratai is clean, he bought dubai properties with his savings - presidency, nigerian army.
i fit bet my two chickens dat buari dullard (highly kworopt) will not do anitin to buratai. buari's govt is full of kworopt pipul. currently d dullard is over looking d massive kworoption being pepertrated by kiyari (buari's nephew) n danbazau (buari's most trusted right hand man). only opposition members ar kworopt. if buratai na PDP GEJ supporter dem buari govt for don arrest am teh teh.
anybody dat believes dat buari is fighting kworoption does not have a functional brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria / Wigwe Built Private Tomb Before Helicopter Crash In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.