Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

UFO's And Christian Beliefs? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (16131 Views)

I Saw A UFO Last Night!!! / The Jesus - Ufo Connection / Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
You can believe in the likelihood of extra terrestial beings, let me believe in the existence of demons and the devil, equation balanced.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2009
Is it possible that the "angels" and "demons" are really extra-terrestial beings which we do not yet understand.

For example the way comets were once thought to be spirits, but are now knowns to be gases and stones moving in space. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

Is it possible that the "angels" and "demons" are really extra-terrestial beings which we do not yet understand. For example the way comets were once thought to be spirits, but are now knowns to be gases and stones moving in space. . .

Did these comets talk as we see in the bible?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
the way unbelievers desperately try to rationalize the bible to strip it of its divine nature never ceases to amaze me.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
stillwater:

Did these comets talk as we see in the bible?

Good grief, dont you get that that was an example?! ! ! ? ? ?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by KunleOshob(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
I would take the liberty to post some of the writings in the bibleufo website. i would really like to debate the submissions in the website with others on this forum, i cause as ridiculous as the submissions are a lot of them actually make a lot of sense and backed with biblical facts.

The True Nature of the Gods of the Bible
The Bible UFO Connection is a collection of the hundreds of references in the Bible to flying vehicles, close encounters, futuristic weaponry, and advanced technological character of the race of supreme beings known as the Elohiym.

The Bible UFO Connection is the result of research undertaken to find links in three, seemingly unconnected fields, theology, archeology, and ufology. In general terms, flying gods, ancient advanced technology, and the unexplained objects flying in our skies. It is the intent of this site to present truth that is hidden from the public either by ignorance or intention. It is up to the reader to judge if these long hidden connections and truths are random deletions or whether they may indeed be the key to the world's greatest deception.
This work is the result of over three decades of the research and experience of Patrick Cooke and the associates of the Oracle Research Institute, based in Berkeley, California. Patrick Cooke is a published author, an autonomous theologian and eschatologist, and is recognized as a nontraditional biblical scholar. This work is not associated with any established religious organization or belief. The concepts and paradigms presented are intended for information purposes only. All scriptural references are from the Authorized King James Bible, unless otherwise noted, and all interpretations of the original meanings of individual words are from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.
The work began, formally, in 1997, and was first published in 2001. The website now contains over 3000 pages and has recorded over 11 million page views in its first 8 years online. It is visited by over 200 countries worldwide, currently receives over 2.5 million page views a year, and consistently ranks in the top 30 of UFO-related websites. There are two sister websites connected to this work, and several books and videos associated with it are published by Oracle Research Publishing. All websites, videos, and books are linked below.
The broad scope of this work encompasses several sections to bolster the evidence proving the existence of UFOs, ancient advanced technology, paranormal and human phenomena in the Bible and the modern world, and ancient anomalous artwork and structures. The databases on UFOs in history, the media, investigations, crash reports and quotations, giants, the lost books, cryptozoology in scripture, and the galleries of anomalous artwork and ancient structures are the most extensive available on the internet. The scriptural content of this work covers over ten percent of all verses in the King James Bible, with exhaustive attention to the original meanings of all major words directly associated with any concepts presented.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
There are many christian frescoes from the middle ages that depicted UFOs in them.Why is that?What sort of message are the painters trying to hand down to us?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
Some christian art with UFOs in them from the middle ages.

-Image 1:The picture shows Jesus and Mary on what appear to be disc-shaped lenticular clouds. It is titled "The Miracle of the Snow", by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440). It hangs at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy.

-Image 2:"The Madonna with Saint Giovannino", painted in the 15th century, artist unknown but to the Lippi school.
The lower detail shows a section where a man and his dog can be seen looking up at a UFO type object.

-Image 3:Is the wide view painting of the one in the post below.

Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
Here are more.
-Topmost image:The painting is "The Annunciation" by Carlo Crivelli, and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped UFO-type object throwing down a beam of light down onto Mary's head, is shown in detail.

-The next image:"The Baptism of Christ", by Aert de Gelder, painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped, UFO type object is shining beams of light down upon John the Baptist and Jesus.

-The next image:"La Tebaide" by Paolo Uccello (painted c.1460-1465). The detail shows a saucer shaped UFO seen near Jesus. The painting is in the Academy of Florence.

-The last image:A 17th century fresco from the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia. The two saucer shaped objects on either side of Christ contain faces, which can be seen in the detail images.

Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2009
A couple more

A fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia. The two objects in the painting, which could be considered UFO's, are enlarged below.

Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by KunleOshob(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
Even though some of the submissions in the website are quite ridiculous alot of it actually makes logical sense and is worth examining.

The True Nature of the Gods of the Bible
The Bible UFO Connection is a collection of the hundreds of references in the Bible to flying vehicles, close encounters, futuristic weaponry, and advanced technological character of the race of supreme beings known as the Elohiym.

The Bible UFO Connection is the result of research undertaken to find links in three, seemingly unconnected fields, theology, archeology, and ufology. In general terms, flying gods, ancient advanced technology, and the unexplained objects flying in our skies. It is the intent of this site to present truth that is hidden from the public either by ignorance or intention. It is up to the reader to judge if these long hidden connections and truths are random deletions or whether they may indeed be the key to the world's greatest deception.
This work is the result of over three decades of the research and experience of Patrick Cooke and the associates of the Oracle Research Institute, based in Berkeley, California. Patrick Cooke is a published author, an autonomous theologian and eschatologist, and is recognized as a nontraditional biblical scholar. This work is not associated with any established religious organization or belief. The concepts and paradigms presented are intended for information purposes only. All scriptural references are from the Authorized King James Bible, unless otherwise noted, and all interpretations of the original meanings of individual words are from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.
The work began, formally, in 1997, and was first published in 2001. The website now contains over 3000 pages and has recorded over 11 million page views in its first 8 years online. It is visited by over 200 countries worldwide, currently receives over 2.5 million page views a year, and consistently ranks in the top 30 of UFO-related websites. There are two sister websites connected to this work, and several books and videos associated with it are published by Oracle Research Publishing. All websites, videos, and books are linked below.
The broad scope of this work encompasses several sections to bolster the evidence proving the existence of UFOs, ancient advanced technology, paranormal and human phenomena in the Bible and the modern world, and ancient anomalous artwork and structures. The databases on UFOs in history, the media, investigations, crash reports and quotations, giants, the lost books, cryptozoology in scripture, and the galleries of anomalous artwork and ancient structures are the most extensive available on the internet. The scriptural content of this work covers over ten percent of all verses in the King James Bible, with exhaustive attention to the original meanings of all major words directly associated with any concepts presented.

This site will make the connections by demonstrating the following points.

http://www.bibleufo.com/introduction.htm
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
[center]UFO's And Advance Technology In The Bible[/center]

This section of the work deals with the physical and flight characteristics of the flying vehicles in the Bible. It is important to understand that, since many of these descriptions occur in a place called "heaven", learning what the word means is crucial to proper understanding of the verses, in which, it appears. In the obscure language the translators used, heaven meant the sky. The word "sky" or "skies" only appears a dozen times in the entire Bible, although most of the events occur outside. The words "fly" and "flying" occurs 38 times; the word flight is not included as it meant "to flee" in every instance. This reveals examples of "godly" flight but, though these flights are described, in some instances, as being in the sky, they also flew in "heaven". The word "heaven" or "heavens" is translated from Hebrew and Greek words that mean "the sky", or directly related to the sky, in 99.7%, or all but 2, of the 730 times it appears, in both the Old and New Testaments. The vehicles described in the Bible are flying in the sky. The research on this concept can be found here.  This concept can easily be divided into four logical categories:

[center]The Vehicles [/center]

What Are They Flying?

The Lord Yhovah of the Old Testament, who became the Lord Jesus of the New Testament, is described as flying in thick clouds, swift clouds, bright clouds, dark clouds, white clouds, low clouds, great clouds, and fiery clouds. There are platforms, vessels, whirling chariots of fire, sky thrones, fiery horses, cherubims, thick darkness, great fire, whirlwinds, fiery wheels, pavilions, dark waters, storms, sky dwellings, rolls, and sanctuaries. Whether, or not, one believes these objects are actually flying vehicles that the God of the Bible lives in, appears with, travels in, and is considered the seat of his power is a matter of opinion. The fact that they do not appear without him or his ambassadors, and that, in most major appearances, he and other beings are clearly described as directly associated with these flying objects, is undeniable.

http://josephalmighty.multiply.com/journal/item/630
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by KunleOshob(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
Is the Church Is Hiding It?
The beings of the Bible, called God, possess and use an advanced technology that allows them to fly in vehicles, described by the biblical witnesses as strikingly similar to UFOs. This technology extends far beyond flight. The church has chosen to ignore the biblical evidence that supports this, in spite of hundreds of biblical verses proving it. This practice of ignoring biblical text extends beyond the technical aspects of God into areas of specific biblical commands and core concepts. Not only the obvious exclusion of this reality, but also the characterization of demonic association by the more zealous, gives rise to the evidence of a conspiracy of ignorance either in place, or in the making.
For those in the religious community who automatically condemn this site as evil for even questioning the integrity of the church, it stands on a very clear mandate in the Bible. 1Thessalonians 5:21 and Romans 12:2 clearly authorizes, and directs all men, and women, to prove all things. To blindly condemn the information here, without proving it wrong, is a violation of that directive.

http://www.bibleufo.com/introduction.htm
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
tpia.:

[b]

Gen 1

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good. [/b]

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis

read with your eyes open.

When did your god create the moon and the sun in the 6 day creation myth. . . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

the way unbelievers desperately try to rationalize the bible to strip it of its divine nature never ceases to amaze me.

Divine powers like yahweh's ability to make stars in the sky fight along side humans in battles abi. . .  grin grin divine powers indeed. . . nonsense. . you believe that yahweh has the power to make the stars in the sky fight long side humans but disbelieve when moslems tell you that their own god had the divine power to make his messenger divide the moon into two. . . You guys are completely pathetic . . . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by KunleOshob(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Mazaje
I am still waiting for your comments on the picture evidence, or do you choose to disregard them as it puts a hole in your submissions?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Mazaje
I am still waiting for your comments on the picture evidence, or do you choose to disregard them as it puts a hole in your submissions?

When were the pictures painted. . .What really are the pictures trying to portray?. . .Are they saying that the God of the bible used a space ship to flash light on jesus when he was baptized or what?. . .or are they saying that UFO's crucified jesus. . .Some of the paintings are not really clear to me because I do not understand the message they are trying to pass across. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by KunleOshob(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2009
Well the paintings are from medevial times you can learn more about them on this link: http://www.bibleufo.com/anapaint1.htm
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

Divine powers like yahweh's ability to make stars in the sky fight along side humans in battles abi. . .  grin grin divine powers indeed. . . nonsense. . you believe that yahweh has the power to make the stars in the sky fight long side humans but disbelieve when moslems tell you that their own god had the divine power to make his messenger divide the moon into two. . . You guys are completely pathetic . . . .

but its ok to believe that you just appeared out of nowhere right?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
David, sometimes Mazaje surprises me with such thinking.

It seems daft to him that people believe in a supervening force.

But it seems sensible to him that things just popped out of nowhere.

You know, this is just one case that proves the old adage: that sometimes the simplicity of the unlearned is more truthful than the intellectual grandiose of the learned.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

but its ok to believe that you just appeared out of nowhere right?

When did I tell you that was what I believe in? When did I tell you that? . .I do not know and that is my position. . I do not sunscribe in any of the various ridiculous hypothesis we have around which I know are all false. . . The fact that you choose to subscribe to one amongst the many lies, myths, and hypothesis that we have around is your own business. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

When did I tell you that was what I believe in? When did I tell you that? . .I do not know and that is my position. . I do not sunscribe in any of the various ridiculous hypothesis we have around which I know are all false. . . The fact that you choose to subscribe to one amongst the many lies, myths, and hypothesis that we have around is your own business. . .
'

this is odd . . . you KNOW for certainty that all hypothesis of how you got here are false but YOU DONT KNOW how you got here in the first place. Does that sound like intelligence to you?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

Oh dear, such cheap escapism!

You do not know the truth, and yet you brand ALL the beliefs of EVERYBODY ELSE in the world as lies.

Dont worry, eventually when you find whatever is the real cause of existence, come share it with us.

Am sure people will be able to sit back and give you the same lines you are spitting out now - "where is your evidence, its a myth", etc.

So really in summary it emerges that you have nothing at all to say.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

'

this is odd . . . you KNOW for certainty that all hypothesis of how you got here are false but YOU DONT KNOW how you got here in the first place. Does that sound like intelligence to you?

Sure. . .why is it that of all the hypothesis available you only choose to subscribe to one? If you understand the reason why you dismiss all of them you will also understand the reason why I also dismiss all of them including yours. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
Dismissing them all is quite different from stating that one is an atheist.

I do not subscribe to religion myself, but that does not necessarily translate into atheism?

Dont worry, we will patiently wait till Great Mazaje, the only human being endowed with the ability to eventually discover THE TRUTH, leads us to it.

All hail prophet Mazaje
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

Oh dear, such cheap escapism!

You do not know the truth, and yet you brand ALL the beliefs of EVERYBODY ELSE in the world as lies.

Dont worry, eventually when you find whatever is the real cause of existence, come share it with us.

Am sure people will be able to sit back and give you the same lines you are spitting out now - "where is your evidence, its a myth", etc.

So really in summary it emerges that you have nothing at all to say.

It depends on what you belief  is actually. . .  if your belief system is entirely based on outlandish and empty platitudes with out any form of evidence to support it and can be shown to be false then I will be quick to say that it is false. . .but if your belief is not based on empty platitudes and outlandish claims that can not be falsified then I will also be in a hurry to say that it is true. . .So far all the man made religions are nothing but empty platitudes and cheap lies that have been demonstrated to be false over and over again. . . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

Sure. . .why is it that of all the hypothesis available you only choose to subscribe to one? If you understand the reason why you dismiss all of them you will also understand the reason why I also dismiss all of them including yours. . .

Again you try desperately to make this about others and their beliefs when its really about WHY YOU discard ALL beliefs when you dont have a plausible alternative!
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

Dismissing them all is quite different from stating that one is an atheist.

I do not subscribe to religion myself, but that does not necessarily translate into atheism?

Dont worry, we will patiently wait till Great Mazaje, the only human being endowed with the ability to eventually discover THE TRUTH, leads us to it.

All hail prophet Mazaje

If you can demonstrate to me that what you believ in is true and not some empty platitude then I will believe in it. . I believe in science. . because scientist have been able to demonstrate that some of their assertions are not empty platitudes. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

If you can demonstrate to me that what you believ in is true and not some empty platitude then I will believe in it. . I believe in science. . because scientist have been able to demonstrate that some of their assertions are not empty platitudes. . .

Again more hypocrisy and unintelligence

1. Why is it others who have to prove something to you? Why can you not prove an alternative to us?

2. you dont believe in science AT ALL, it is simply a fig leaf that you use to justify your disregard for religion. If you believed in science then you'd believe evolution and the big bang theory no? Or do you simply pick and choose what part of science you like or dislike?
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by noetic2: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

This is a awkward statement. what do u understand by science?
This is the height of intellectual laziness.
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

Again you try desperately to make this about others and their beliefs when its really about WHY YOU discard ALL beliefs when you dont have a plausible alternative!

I do not need alternatives when I am presented with a bunch of lies to select from. . . The koran says that mohammed once divided the moon into two and the bible says that the stars in the sky once fought along side humans. . . I do not need alternatives to this because I know that they are all lies. . simple. . .A person doe not need alternatives when presented with a bunch of lies. . you dismiss them for the lies that they are simple. . . no alternative is needed. . .
Re: UFO's And Christian Beliefs? by DeepSight(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
mazaje:

He believes in Science he says!

O dear, maybe Scientists created the world!

Maybe Scientists can explain the mechanics of even the smallest living mystery in this world.

Such as why new born mammals immediately know, while blind, the location of their mother's breasts. Or How Migratory birds born in Soth America find their way to Europe to meet parents they have never seen before. Or how Sea Turtle babies crack out of their shells on the beaches, and instantly head to the sea.

It may take you many years, Mazaje, to learn a bit of wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maintain Territory! - Becky Enenche Tells Women (Video) / Osun Orisha ~ Learn How To Worship The Goddess / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.