Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

your Preference - Your Man Is Making Honest Living - Or A Good Standard Of Living? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / your Preference - Your Man Is Making Honest Living - Or A Good Standard Of Living? (1445 Views)

Poll: Whats more important in a partner

Honest Living: 40% (2 votes)
Better provider and standard of living: 60% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

If U Love Slim Pretty Ladies Or Dark Chubby ones Pls Marry Your Preference / Dating And Height: Your Preference / Guys Your Preference: Bed Or Kitchen?? Ladies Your Preference :bed Or Bank?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: your Preference - Your Man Is Making Honest Living - Or A Good Standard Of Living? by Yumi(f): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
TheSeeker:

A man with honor can mean different things. Bill Clinton was claimed to have slept with Monica Lewinsky. People talked him down still, he's one of the most honorable president in United States' history. He's still accorded so much respect not because he was a US president but because he's a honorable man. He could be vain and unscrupulously tricky sometimes but that's what politics is all about. All I'm just saying is honor means different things in different contexts.

Bill Clinton got MouthAction from Monica Lewinsky and boy does he regret it now.  It ruined his whole career and it shamed him and noone respects him anymore.  When people see him now its awkward they are never sure to smile and say hi or shun him.  He should never have done what he did it cost him everything and I bet he regrets it every minute of his waking day.  I think thats when people learn when they get caught.  It can mean different things but cheating, lying and conning are all part of the same parcel.  They are all dishonorable and they all ruin peoples lives and careers.

I disagree with you on this one. Money means, not everything but so many things. There are three things men seek: Money, Power and Women. Believe me when you have these three things you're on top of the world. Even if you're a dictator and you have people, you'll be worshiped like a god. Losing everything might help a few people discover latent talents but not all the time and that's absolutely if they make the most of the moment they have found themselves in.

Do you see people with money and power most are not happy and are striving always for more and more. Even the friends they make are not real friends, they all want something from them. Why would you want people to worship you thats why Patrice Lumumba didn't want to be a president of Congo he knew he didn't have the grace to live that life.  Not everyone has you have to know your limits and what will break you as a person.  Whats the point of having all the woman, all the power, all the wealth and it wrecks everything about you and you become evil.  You lose everything you valued about yourself for things which do not matter.  Once you have a wife why do you need more women, to satisfy your ego. Its all vanity and means nothing.

Some people will love you when you have all and when you're down but that doesn't rule out that even in your most destitute situation you won't have fake relationships. There are people who will just be there to make mockery of you -- a perfect and recent instance is Michael Jackson. He had fallen but he still had detractors who posed as his friends, and these people eventually killed him or so it seemed.

True but the more you have the more of these kinds of people you will attract.  When you con to get more you are inviting more of that into your life and these people don't really care about the real you.

If a relationship isn't worth a lot of stress and effort, then where's the significance? If a relationship is an easy and free flowing I'd be suspicious. Nothing good comes easy and that has to be understood. There are times you have to face tests - true tests - that will have your belief and resolution shaken to their deepest foundational blueprint. Call costs, trip costs and a lot more challenges are prices you have to pay for a distant relationship, only if you think it's worth it.

[quote][/quote]

thats true but how do you the other person is genuine to make such an effort for if you don't know them to begin with.  Therein lies the difficulty really.  I agree most good things don't come easy thats true.  Sometimes its hard to know if someones running games though as you can't check on them easily as you are nowhere near them.  When you meet in real life at least you know where he lives you know where he lives you can visit each other and so on and so on.
Re: your Preference - Your Man Is Making Honest Living - Or A Good Standard Of Living? by Yumi(f): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
izeek:

the part of meeting people on here, and face to face, is a very dicey one.
i can assure you that some peopl are very good actors, that even using a lie detector can not decipher if they are honest with you or not.
so u meet here, or in person, you can hardly tell the person you dealing with.
moreso, i have come to realise that where you meet people somtimes hardly count, but rather the circumstances at which you meet them.

Dont you think most often though if you meet in real life you can do a bit more observations about a person and see more about their real dealings. Like if you meet in real life you will get to find out where they live, where they work there will be more accountability and if there is a lack of transparency its easy to see its not masked by distance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Important Is The Religion Of The Person You Are Dating / *she Requested A Kiss Even When I Did Not Toast Her* / Disagreement In Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.