Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (50046 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by danny34(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Oga just run for your life..... You have been warned by that experience. That is what they will do to you If u ever lose your Job and have to depend on her. Her mums teleguides her..... Run....... Run..... .

sammily:
Please I want people to help me out here. I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 months last 2 week ago and we agreed to visit her home last Sunday. I have always dropped her off around the place but I have never entered the house because I wasn't yet ready to meet the parent because we were just dating then and I wasn't yet sure that she was the one for me. Meanwhile all these while, My girl was only referring to her mum so I subconsciously concluded that the father is late. So last Sunday, I got to their house at Agege pen Cinema and what I saw was very sad. I saw a man looking so haggard in the sitting room and I greeted him, He answered in a very low tone and welcomed me. My girls mum soon came out to the sitting room and also greeted me. We exchanged pleasantries before my girl came out to join us in the discuss. At a point my girls mum brought out money and asked the haggard man to go and buy fuel to power the generator for me so that Heat will not disturb me.

We discussed at length after the man left. To cut the long story short, After the meeting we fixed another date for the second meeting that I was supposed to attend with a family member. When I was about leaving, I gave them some money and some to the man and he fell on his knees thanking me as if he has never owned N1000 in his entire life. When my girl was seeing me off, I asked her who the man was and lo and behold, it was her father. I couldn't believe my ears. it was like a rude joke. it was unbelievable. She must has sensed my confusion before she started telling me stories of how the man maltreated her mum when he had money, how he married another wife who squandered all his money and left them in penury. She said he used to beat her mum and all sorts which I cannot write here.

Since that Sunday till now, I've had no peace of mind, I've been thinking and imagining how a right thinking woman and her daughter can comfortably relegate the man of the house to a mere houseboy. That Sunday, the man was wearing a torn knicker and a white singlet that I won't even use to clean my car. Even my wife to be hushed him down when he came back and wanted to keep the fuel change to himself. Something is wrong somewhere, a woman who could treat her husband like this no matter what he did in the past is scary. I have not even picked her calls since that Sunday evening. I am scared and I don't know what to do next.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by queenesthr(f): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
That man is a very wicked man. For even his own daughter to have no regard for him.

He must have been very wicked to them in his prime.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by 5minsmadness: 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gbemmy135:

Its not story, this things happens often to some families that lack the fear of God. I know like two families that does this in my area. So its not African Magic or story, i always believe its a movie until i witness it myself. I went to visit my friend in their house and in my presence she sent a man to go and get me some drinks for me, when the man left i asked who he was and i was surprised when she said her Dad. [/b]I couldn't take the drink because i don't want any curse on my head.
shocked

The second family, one of their daughter want to get married so i went to the house to get aso-ebi very early in the morning. So i sat down to check the clothes, in my presence the mother shouted at their father and said in yoruba haven't you gone to grind the beans i want to use for moi-moi, [b]the man panic and started running to grind the beans. I couldn't believe my eyes. Its not always natural, some women uses some spiritual forces to do this and Almighty God will make their sons suffer this too in the hand of a strange woman. You will surely reap what you sow.
shocked shockedgrin
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by baby124: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
andromida:

You know its very easy to judge and criticize people when you've not had their experiences. How else is the girl to turn out except as she is since its her parents she was learning from a runaway/broken down Daddy and a mom who was just trying to put one foot in front of the other during her formative years. If he can't he should free her.
you know, it still baffles me sometimes the level of self entitlement Nigerian men have today. My own father was a man. In fact dem no born my mama well to even beat us anyhow. The man was a provider of the highest order. Na just flexing things throughout my childhood. And no woman dare come from anywhere to say pim to my mother. In fact I have never witnessed him raise his voice against my mother and she can find trouble. They were best friends and showed over love to each other. Almost embarrassing to us kids.

Till today I have no evidence of away matches the man played. We all keep lamenting that he did not live to flex the way we wanted him to flex. Even my mama de jealous well well. See that is what happens when a man is a man. Those little kids see and know everything. And they will reciprocate in future if a father or mother did right. The mother can never turn her kids against a good father whether rich or poor. Our actions always speak for us even to the little ones.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by RaeMystix: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
@Op
If you were my brother, my advice will be the same as almost everyone else. Yes your gf might be telling the truth, but that does not give her the right to treat her father that way. He is still her paternal/ biological father. Such behavior ought to give you a snippet of who she is. You aren't above been treated like that in the future by her and her mom later in the future if some marital issue were to arise later in your marriage. Be careful.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by mechanics(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dats serious o, u beta run o.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Harvard13(m): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
talk to ur fiancee bout it. then talk to the man. he kinda deserves what he gets. lesson for all.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Origin(f): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Scenario: The man left his family and came back recently. The woman had and still takes care of herself and her kids and the household needs. No kobo from the man maybe no job no means and that's probably why he came back home.

If this had been treatment meted out to truant wife . Comments here would probably be " go ahead and marry your fiancee the woman deserved it"

Just thinking out loud. I really did not want to comment but if this people were evil, why would they accept their dad/husband back.

So many disappearing fathers out there I'm sure most people would never even acknowledge these runaway fathers if they came back wretched and diseased in their old age.

Forgiveness could be easy but the respect is gone. That's what you witnessed A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR A FATHER FIGURE.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by 99foxxy(f): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Everyone is saying run for your life. listen, there's an issue between her father and mother. Yes the man was bad to her and her mother in the past, and as humans they acted or still acting outta anger due to the pains in the past. My dear brother all you need to do is act as a man and not behave like a kid to run away from issues that can be resolved, Who knows? you might be the peace maker in their family by talking to your wife to be, to try to forgive her father and she should as well talk to her mum to put the past behind them, so that there will be peace in the family. I'm talking to you cause all the advice here makes no sense to me, we are all different, even those born from the same womb all have their different characters, so your wife to be can't be like her mum just because she's her mum. When you try talking sense to your babe to calm her mum to reconcile with her husband cause forgiveness is paramount in our lives, God has set that standard for us to emulate. After speaking to your babe, the response she gives will be your alibi to quit or continue in the relationship and believe me the response will determine the kind of wife she will be in the future, so your not picking her calls ain't mature at all, cause pain is pain and you don't know what they have been through to act the way they are doing. If you truly love her, then work on my advice and give me the feed back. God bless you.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by 99foxxy(f): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Origin:
Scenario: The man left his family and came back recently. The woman had and still takes care of herself and her kids and the household needs. No kobo from the man maybe no job no means and that's probably why he came back home.

If this had been treatment meted out to truant wife . Comments here would probably be " go ahead and marry your fiancee the woman deserved it"

Just thinking out loud. I really did not want to comment but if this people were evil, why would they accept their dad/husband back.

So many disappearing fathers out there I'm sure most people would never even acknowledge these runaway fathers if they came back wretched and diseased in their old age.

Forgiveness could be easy but the respect is gone. That's what you witnessed A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR A FATHER FIGURE.
God bless you my dear sister, this is how a responsible person thinks. I never wanted to comment on this issue but the way and manner at which people are advising the guy here is so bad, let's reason as humans not like animals.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by sirliu(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Even if he's wicked, it's either they let him go or treat him like a human being. The fiancee and her mother are openly disrespecting the man in front of a visitor. I can't treat any human being like that. Every human deserves to be treated with some dignity and respect.
queenesthr:
That man is a very wicked man. For even his own daughter to have no regard for him.

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
sammily:
Please I want people to help me out here. I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 months last 2 week ago and we agreed to visit her home last Sunday. I have always dropped her off around the place but I have never entered the house because I wasn't yet ready to meet the parent because we were just dating then and I wasn't yet sure that she was the one for me. Meanwhile all these while, My girl was only referring to her mum so I subconsciously concluded that the father is late. So last Sunday, I got to their house at Agege pen Cinema and what I saw was very sad. I saw a man looking so haggard in the sitting room and I greeted him, He answered in a very low tone and welcomed me. My girls mum soon came out to the sitting room and also greeted me. We exchanged pleasantries before my girl came out to join us in the discuss. At a point my girls mum brought out money and asked the haggard man to go and buy fuel to power the generator for me so that Heat will not disturb me.

We discussed at length after the man left. To cut the long story short, After the meeting we fixed another date for the second meeting that I was supposed to attend with a family member. When I was about leaving, I gave them some money and some to the man and he fell on his knees thanking me as if he has never owned N1000 in his entire life. When my girl was seeing me off, I asked her who the man was and lo and behold, it was her father. I couldn't believe my ears. it was like a rude joke. it was unbelievable. She must has sensed my confusion before she started telling me stories of how the man maltreated her mum when he had money, how he married another wife who squandered all his money and left them in penury. She said he used to beat her mum and all sorts which I cannot write here.

Since that Sunday till now, I've had no peace of mind, I've been thinking and imagining how a right thinking woman and her daughter can comfortably relegate the man of the house to a mere houseboy. That Sunday, the man was wearing a torn knicker and a white singlet that I won't even use to clean my car. Even my wife to be hushed him down when he came back and wanted to keep the fuel change to himself. Something is wrong somewhere, a woman who could treat her husband like this no matter what he did in the past is scary. I have not even picked her calls since that Sunday evening. I am scared and I don't know what to do next.

Something is terribly wrong here. Let’s assume the man was wicked to the woman in the past. If he now lives with them, they must have decided to forgive him. Why treat him horribly then. I am not married so I don't know what to say about this. This, I know, if both women are treating him that way because of his past, you need to be careful. A friend here says you should borrow legs and run. If a family cannot work through their problems, why stay together?
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Valprof: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
baby124:

Look, no man can mistreat me and my children and even find my address when he is desperate ok? Her mother even tried giving him shelter. So after he must have abandoned them for ashawo and the mother did anything to raise her kids, she should now accept the cursed being into her life to keep eating her food and living from her sweat so he can resume carrying ashawo. Such things can never even happen in my home because my husband after messing up knows he cannot come back to tell me any story.

Don't change your ways, continue... The one wey go meet you for front de wait you? Small mistake you say? You call abandoning your family for another woman a small mistake Why did he go back to who he treated badly? Are his girlfriends all dead?

Some of you talk of conscience but do things to other's you cannot take. This man is reaping the fruits of his wickedness and you are talking to me about someone's conscience being dead? Is it not your conscience that is dead? For you to call such a big issue a mistake? Women should fear you! Leave your name, date of birth, photo and address so women can run from you!

E no go beta for the man we go do me or my daughters this kind thing. Thunder, lightening, brimstone! Sangoooo!!!
the man cheated....na ur dick just divorce him .But if u must allow him stay, accord him the respect he deserves......am sure dat woman dy collect rod outside....stop dat nonsense
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Valprof: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
queenesthr:

na lie
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Valprof: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
baby124:

you know, it still baffles me sometimes the level of self entitlement Nigerian men have today. My own father was a man. In fact dem no born my mama well to even beat us anyhow. The man was a provider of the highest order. Na just flexing things throughout my childhood. And no woman dare come from anywhere to say pim to my mother. In fact I have never witnessed him raise his voice against my mother and she can find trouble. They were best friends and showed over love to each other. Almost embarrassing to us kids.

Till today I have no evidence of away matches the man played. We all keep lamenting that he did not live to flex the way we wanted him to flex. Even my mama de jealous well well. See that is what happens when a man is a man. Those little kids see and know everything. And they will reciprocate in future if a father or mother did right. The mother can never turn her kids against a good father whether rich or poor. Our actions always speak for us even to the little ones.
taa.dy jonz urself.....go to families and u wud see how some men r treated....how women paint their husbands black before their kids esp when the man is down financially.but these r men who gave their best their families when the gong was good

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by NewsHub: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
chiefolododo:
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Young man Run......Run.....Run.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by cindybaby22(f): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
freecocoa:
OP, while I don't support anyone being maltreated, you can't rule out everything your woman said because believe me you, I know a family like that back in the uni.

The man used to maltreat his wife and kids when he had some change, when things changed, the woman didn't forgive him, ergo did things to show him she was bitter at him, blah blah blah.

It's not news that some men are worse than the mythical devil when they have money, so you need to be sure before taking any decision, it's hard to know that your father maltreated your mum and still be nice to him.
surprised @ this... are u a christian?

what happens to forgiveness?

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by cindybaby22(f): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
queenesthr:

the daughter is more wicked.
anyone who can't forgive isn't human.

can u treat your dad in such manner even if he mistreat u?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by queenesthr(f): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
This is a lesson to young girls out there. Be VERY VERY careful and prayerful before you marry any man because in the end the woman is ALWAYS blamed.
You can see enough evidence in this thread. No matter the sacrifices a woman makes in her marital home, SHE will always be blamed.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by freecocoa(f): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
cindybaby22:

surprised @ this... are u a christian?

what happens to forgiveness?
I don't see how it's your business what I am, neither do I understand why someone should be forced to forgive a person, when they don't want to.

So please, face the topic and leave my personal life alone, thank you.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by cindybaby22(f): 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
freecocoa:
I don't see how it's your business what I am, neither do I understand why someone should be forced to forgive a person, when they don't want to.

hmmmm

sorry ma

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Lightening: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
freecocoa:

It becomes our collective business when you bring your obvious frustration and nauseating standpoints to pollute a forum where impressionable people come for genuine godly advise.
Since you are so unteachable as to be warning everone that dares to disagree with you, keep those bagfuls of rotten advise for yourself alone and apply them when you eventually hitch that unfortunate dude.
*Spits*

6 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Lightening: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
freecocoa:

It becomes our collective business when you bring your obvious frustrations and nauseating standpoints to pollute a forum where impressionable people come for genuine godly advise.
Since you are so unteachable as to be warning everone that dares to disagree with you, keep those bagfuls of rotten advise for yourself alone and apply them when you eventually hitch that unfortunate dude.
*Spits*
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by freecocoa(f): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lightening:

It becomes our collective business when you bring your obvious frustrations and nauseating standpoints to pollute a forum where impressionable people come for genuine godly advise.
*Spits*
My friend carry your stupid self far away from me, is it by force ni?

Your opinion of me doesn't mean sh1t to me, so why then are you bursting a nerve? Are you the OP? Did I say the OP must marry his woman? What exactly is your problem you blawdy illiterate?
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by sapele914(m): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
kbams241:
Hmmmm. #Teamrunforurlife#
do you have the copyrights to this story it makes a good story line for a nollywood blockbuster.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by freecocoa(f): 12:00am On Jul 15, 2016
cindybaby22:

hmmmm

sorry ma
Thank you.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by chameleon98: 1:07am On Jul 15, 2016
at least d man z still wearing singlet and knicker urz will b only boxer

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by igbanbajo(m): 5:11am On Jul 15, 2016
@OP. God has been kind enough to show you your picture in the nearest future, what otherbadvice do you need?

Run as fast as your legs will carry you.

In future, don't put the cart before the horse; know the family of your fiancee first before proposing marriage.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by ogawisdom(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2016
sammily:

They couldn't even pretend dt all is normal on your first visit. My friend u shld b very worried BC ur fiancee n d mother will join forces n frustrate u in ur marriage.

U will pay for all those things her father did to her mother directly or indirectly BC she will always play defensive in d marriage as they r still very bitter n unhappy.

Ppl who can't forgive r nt marriage materials, tell ur fiancee dt u want them to forgive d man and restore his place as father n husband to dt family. Watch her reaction if she refuses then dump her wicked ass n go give testimony for God's deliverance frm wicked fiancee. angry
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Methink you should marry her.
She is the bone of your bones man.
At least you know where the problem is with her. For most people they all you see is shine-shine, but they are wolves in sheep's skin.

I say marry her and bring more human beings like her into this world.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by OgahCHARLES(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
chiefolododo:
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

spineless excuse for a man, na your kind person women dey enslave. Dear O.P marry your fiancee and help her father inlaw be a MAN once again(if you can), im happy he has learnt his lesson.
#TAKEABSOLUTECONTROL

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage / The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. / Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.