Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (49989 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by OgahCHARLES(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Hmm...this one is strong
Perhaps you really should run for your life 'coz marriage is a life-long commitment. It could be you tomorrow...my 2cents

even women sef dey mistalk, what happened to corrections and righting wrongs. #hewhoiswithoutsinshouldcastthefirststone
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by OgahCHARLES(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
nnamdibig:
If you are not ready to be like the man you saw, its time to move on. Because your fiancé will be taking advice from her mum.

on are second thought, if you have really decided to marry the girl, then go and spend some times with the man. am sure he will have something to tell you. at least you hear his own side of the story.

#indjkhaledsvoice
YOU'RE SMART!!!
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by OgahCHARLES(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
obiak4:
FIND a way to have a one on one chat with the father to lay all speculation to rest
But will not ADVICE you to continue or show much interest until you FIND out who your inlaws are
Or better still ask people AROUND THE street how thier family members behave or treat people
Blessed be

YOURE SMART!!!
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by obiak4(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
OgahCHARLES:

YOURE SMART!!!
I use to be smart ooo now i no smart again everything don CHANGE
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by chiefolododo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Your papa be herbalist ba? You go realise later say na small power hin get when these wicked ladies work on you
OgahCHARLES:

spineless excuse for a man, na your kind person women dey enslave. Dear O.P marry your fiancee and help her father inlaw be a MAN once again(if you can), im happy he has learnt his lesson.
#TAKEABSOLUTECONTROL
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by P0intBlank(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just incase you've not heard the myriad of voices saying run, let me lend my voice to that course. Fleeeeeeee for your life. Any lady that can justify being wicked is better left alone. U don't want to live with with someone who is vindictive. Marriage survives because of forgiveness. Plus she has a lot of unhealthy baggage which would affect the marriage should it happen.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by mickey45: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2016
baby124:

you know, it still baffles me sometimes the level of self entitlement Nigerian men have today. My own father was a man. In fact dem no born my mama well to even beat us anyhow. The man was a provider of the highest order. Na just flexing things throughout my childhood. And no woman dare come from anywhere to say pim to my mother. In fact I have never witnessed him raise his voice against my mother and she can find trouble. They were best friends and showed over love to each other. Almost embarrassing to us kids.

Till today I have no evidence of away matches the man played. We all keep lamenting that he did not live to flex the way we wanted him to flex. Even my mama de jealous well well. See that is what happens when a man is a man. Those little kids see and know everything. And they will reciprocate in future if a father or mother did right. The mother can never turn her kids against a good father whether rich or poor. Our actions always speak for us even to the little ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by eyinjuege: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Valprof:
taa.dy jonz urself.....go to families and u wud see how some men r treated....how women paint their husbands black before their kids esp when the man is down financially.but these r men who gave their best their families when the gong was good

Respect is earned.
Children aren't daft as some people think. Quite a number are more discerning than adults. They form their own opinions about people, and no matter how much you try to "paint" anyone black, they see and make up their minds as they grow.
Children are also more sympathetic.
You also need to earn the respect of your child as a father or mother. Its not enough to be a sperm donor or a cocoon.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Valprof: 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
eyinjuege:

Respect is earned.
Children aren't daft as some people think. Quite a number are more discerning than adults. They form their own opinions about people, and no matter how much you try to "paint" anyone black, they see and make up their minds as they grow.
Children are also more sympathetic.
You also need to earn the respect of your child as a father or mother. Its not enough to be a sperm donor or a cocoon.
u dont understand d potency of brainwashing

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Iseoluwani: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
Flee from every appearance of evil. That's an appearance better flee
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Iseoluwani: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
You are a child of grace. It's either your mama has been praying or your father has been climbing mountains for to be better than him

When will youths learn to start involving God in their affairs

Exams
Jobs
Businesses
We call on God but in marriage reverse is the case. We believe we know the best on that.

Thank God he revealed the future you will be in if you marry that gurl

Oyo z your case niyen
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Coolgent(m): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
sammily:
Please I want people to help me out here. I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 months last 2 week ago and we agreed to visit her home last Sunday. I have always dropped her off around the place but I have never entered the house because I wasn't yet ready to meet the parent because we were just dating then and I wasn't yet sure that she was the one for me. Meanwhile all these while, My girl was only referring to her mum so I subconsciously concluded that the father is late. So last Sunday, I got to their house at Agege pen Cinema and what I saw was very sad. I saw a man looking so haggard in the sitting room and I greeted him, He answered in a very low tone and welcomed me. My girls mum soon came out to the sitting room and also greeted me. We exchanged pleasantries before my girl came out to join us in the discuss. At a point my girls mum brought out money and asked the haggard man to go and buy fuel to power the generator for me so that Heat will not disturb me.

We discussed at length after the man left. To cut the long story short, After the meeting we fixed another date for the second meeting that I was supposed to attend with a family member. When I was about leaving, I gave them some money and some to the man and he fell on his knees thanking me as if he has never owned N1000 in his entire life. When my girl was seeing me off, I asked her who the man was and lo and behold, it was her father. I couldn't believe my ears. it was like a rude joke. it was unbelievable. She must has sensed my confusion before she started telling me stories of how the man maltreated her mum when he had money, how he married another wife who squandered all his money and left them in penury. She said he used to beat her mum and all sorts which I cannot write here.

Since that Sunday till now, I've had no peace of mind, I've been thinking and imagining how a right thinking woman and her daughter can comfortably relegate the man of the house to a mere houseboy. That Sunday, the man was wearing a torn knicker and a white singlet that I won't even use to clean my car. Even my wife to be hushed him down when he came back and wanted to keep the fuel change to himself. Something is wrong somewhere, a woman who could treat her husband like this no matter what he did in the past is scary. I have not even picked her calls since that Sunday evening. I am scared and I don't know what to do next.

Bro how far..
Hope u left that Girl alone?

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Ovieemmanuel: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
OP come and update us oo. I hold oraimo cord dey wait you.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by world123: 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Abeg, run for your life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.