Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

"I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka (47360 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by OMAR12: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

If you have nothing to say or contribute to our discourse? Kindly shut up, ignore the thread and go and play with your mates in the celebrity section!

Don't come here and try to tag anyone a tribalist or hope to get them banned! IT WON'T WORK! Now abeg get lost from my mentions!
clap for urself, u have bashed or tried to bash someone, I can imagine ur head swell as u type those words and clicked submit, I pity ur kind, if u want someone to respect your opinion you should do well to respect that of others, u want Nigeria he wants Biafra without the minority tribe and he stated his reasons, it his opinion it up to u to either convince him or stay mute, must you pull his tribe into ur lame argument.

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by madenigga(m): 9:59am On Jul 15, 2016
OMAR12:
clap for urself, u have bashed or tried to bash someone, I can imagine ur head swell as u type those words and clicked submit, I pity ur kind, if u want someone to respect your opinion you should do well to respect that of others, u want Nigeria he wants Biafra without the minority tribe and he stated his reasons, it his opinion it up to u to either convince him or stay mute, must you pull his tribe into ur lame argument.
thats just how they are,
igbos can give thousands of reasons why they want to leave Nigeria, but most Nigerians cant even give u up to 5 reasons why igbos must remain in Nigeria.
the line they use is igbo people in sokoto, bauchi, lagos and the rest, asif igbos are happy that they hv to leave there region inorder to be able to earn a living.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attackgat: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2016
mesoprogress:
The same oil that made my Igbo brothers in delta, Rivers deny their origin. Igbos that accept their heritage should be allowed to go. They will succeed.

Not all of them denied. That's why a referendum is very important to separate the weat from the chaff.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Biafrarep(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Every right thinking person has been saying the same thing, from Nobel laurete, to cultural groups, politicians, economists, religious leaders and even down to the common man in the streets, that Nigeria should be restructured as a matter of urgency of we perish together, yet the dullard in Aso rock and his ethnic group with their useless and backward sense of entitlement has refused to listen to words of wisdom. Even the mere commissioner, comrade Osinbade has been intimidated to lie publicly despite being a pastor! Well, one thing is for sure, Nigeria may have been a cat with nine lives but right now, it has exhausted its grace and a small nudge now will send it down the cliff to oblivion. Already, starvation is ravaging the north and spiraling down south. The Avengers are still threatning, the economy keeps plummeting, the Biafrans are still hell bent on having their own country, the Nigerian state remains in a state of flux. SOMETHING WILL DEFINITELY GIVE!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
[s] grin

I've noticed that when an empty headed tribalist has no counter argument to valid points or is pained at reading the bitter truth about themselves they resort to this your pathetic tactic of cancelling the posts!

Don't cry oh! They are only words not slaps! LMFAO!!!

Attacker kor defender ni![/s]
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:
God will bless Wole Soyinka.

Sometimes I wish this man will live forever; the man is just too much.

I get very surprised when I see people pretending that they don't know how the Igbos have been victimised and marginalised in this country.

Even the useless idiotic president binhari went berserk on national TV asking 'What zo zee Ibos want?'

At Buhari's age he is still behaving like a toddler playing with sand, truly age is not maturity.

Buhari could have easily won over the east side by sticking to his words that he belonged to everybody and belonged to nobody but from what we have seen so far, Buhari belongs to the hausa/fulani of the far north. As far as he is concerned, zee Ibos can to hell!

In this country today they have an unwritten law that they will never allow an Igbo man become president so tell me why as an Igbo man I should want to remain a Nigerian? Why should I want to remain in a country where I am classified as 5% and the sons of futa jallon classified as 97% first class citizens?

Yakubu Gowon out of wisdom has said that the emergence of an Igbo president will heal Nigeria but will they listen? No!

Nigeria has a date with destiny and time will tell.

The union that will last is the one that is built on mutual understanding and respect not by fire and force.

Binhari, thank you very much for your divisive, wicked and vindictive government.

cc Dearpreye.

We yorubas actually know that Ibos were wronged but we just want you to keep quiet and enjoy 'one nigeria' that's why we recruit and feed your efulefus like joe Ibokwe and use them against you to make you look stupid. We also prefer to call Kanu a 'scammer' despite severally rejecting the bribes we offered him unlike Uwazurike and Ikedife. Kanu makes it difficult for us to call biafra a scam but we will call it a scam anyway because we need the oil.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Ngozi123(f): 10:41am On Jul 15, 2016
This man is a true nationalist and just like Nzeogwu and co, he has put his country before his ethnicity. True federalism is the answer but unlike Soyinka, I just don't think that that's possible in this current climate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Musiwa419:
While Ojukwu, Achebe, Madeibo, Njoku, Effiong and all other memeber of the Biafran High Command where hidding in underground bunkers; Wole Soyinka was languishing in jail for TWENTY TWO MONTHS because of his support for Biafra during the civil war

Don't mind soyinka, he must be a fraud like Kanu because he is pro-Biafra. Ojukwu is also a fraud like Soyinka because Buhari jailed him for also being probiafra.
We yorubas don't really know whether to support Soyinka on this.
Our muslims like you will hate him for being probiafra I am sure.

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

Are you a south korean? Or an iranian? Why are you going off point? You are obviously an immature liittle runt that is why you have delved into the realm of hypothesis instead of focusing on the VALID POINTS I gave your fellow igbo man!

Now listen boy, the fact that your igbo people have not made any political headway of note since after the war is due to whose incompetence? "Gwari and benue" politicians are to blame I guess? Not your self centered igwes or political elites that are experts in pocket preservation!

The fact that your region suffers from superb environmental degredation, filth, erosion and crime is whose fault? Maybe it was "yorubas and hausas" that refused to use your states allocations, and constituency allowances for development abi?

See you crying about human flux! Who will you expect to "flux" into biafra sef? If not a tiny minority with ties to the region! Is it the same "hausas and yorubas etc" that you hate so much and would be glad to have left behind in the "zoo"! A nation like naija that plays politics of bitterness? You don't even want to imagine the sort of frustration that the government will ensure your biafra passes through to even get the most basic of necessities from naija!

Will the economic, political and social crimes that your elites have connived to have committed against the youth of your region such as yourself disappear overnight if you get biafra? Or would they get worse? People like you would even have less of a say in biafra matters since you have no financial or political leverage to barter with!

I'm sure your brain has started itching you right? Yes! He truth is not only bitter, it ITCHES too!

Is your father a fulani that owns an oil well in the east? This your by force 'one nigeria' patriotism don pass our yoruba level. What does your father stand to lose if Biafra comes? Just forget all those 'Ibos in sokoto' talk and tell us why you dey fear Biafra make we hear? grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by hardbody: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Raydos:
someone that doesn't believe God exists! when will this man stop drinking ogogoro!

The only person that appears drunk between you both .....we know.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Raydos: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2016
hardbody:

The only person that appears drunk between you both .....we know.

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2016

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by madenigga(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2016
roughdiamond:
I want to say this not just because I am an Igbo **** The minds of the people have been beclouded with hatred. I was at Cele express(in Lagos) in 2012. when I asked one man to shift for me on a seat that he was the only occupant there, he just told me "you no say Ojukwu don die, I will kill you here and nobody will fight for you" I quickly alighted from the bus and searched for another one. When I visited my brother in Jos, an Hausa man came to buy something from our shop and after serving him, I requested for my money. He just told me "Nyamri do don doya you think say here na your place" and threatened me. Here at Aba, one soldier and one man were misunderstanding each other one day (though the soldier was wrong) and when people gathered, they exclaimed "so na Hausa man go come here come do wetin? No one is always interested in the cause but the tribe involved . The worst is that even children now grow with it.****
any bad thing we igbos learnt its yorubas and hausas that tot us, from tribalism, to all this ethnic hates, etc.
Go back in Nigeria history while Nigeria was supposed to be developing nd looking for ways to unite yorubas nd northern leaders were busy making tribalistic and sentimental statements full of hate, from Akintolas yoruba ronu, to Ahmadu bello saying instead of them to give jobs in the north to igbos they wud give to to expatriates to the northern parliament saying they wud over tax igbo business men to the killing of igbos.
if aba boys kill northerners we learnt it from the north themselves.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by SIRTee15: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kenneth205:

I tire o

use ur brain
when eminent personalities of international repute make a statement on a subject matter, it garners worldwide attention......
it also weakens the resistance against such movement.
wole Soyinka just did that for biafra

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Alvinnado(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nigeria let us go please.........we are due to go

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by 4stylz: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Igbos and Hausa should leave Nigeria so there should be peace ;me self don tire for una; are you guys the only people in this country self?

One goat opened his dirty mouth and called the south minority; you think if not for the resources of the south ; hunger for dey waka for this country ; how will people get the money to start a buisness or buy from the business

Truth be told ; kids too full this nairaland

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by iStandWithIpob(m): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:

Don't mind soyinka, he must be a fraud like Kanu because he is pro-Biafra. Ojukwu is also a fraud like Soyinka because Buhari jailed him for also being probiafra.
We yorubas don't really know whether to support Soyinka on this.
Our muslims like you will hate him for being probiafra I am sure.
ExAngel007:
And so?

No be new thing na.
ofe mmanu

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by jollymizzle(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
We all want things.sometimes we don't get them.that I think is the case for those who want Biafra.it looks impossible in my opinion because even as we have factors tearing us apart.we have stronger factors holding us together.I'm not saying no one should be denied the right of self determination, I'm saying it looks impossible.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Puresolutions: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Why do i get the feeling someone is trying to gain relevance as atonement for mistakes conceived rather stup*dly with sheer naivety.

Knowing one comes close to the end of the tunnel is such a burden such a being desperatly tries to pull himself of the trial by playing flimsy card and excuses as a payment for sins committed ?

Gani Fanwenhimi and Tais Solarin would be ashamed of the " results of your stance " !
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by jossyj: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
kazuna:
Soyinka ....I love you.

He 's old na
It's only truth that can make him live longer as I wish him and it's only truth that marks him out from other ofe............s

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

E be like say one nna babe don dey wind soyinka under code oh?

This his new statement goes against his nationalist credentials! Anyway igbos are going no where we must all strive to make naija work! No dodging!

We shall all love one another by fire by force! Kongi park well!

This nigga don mad. grin
But really naija is richer and more complete together.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:
God will bless Wole Soyinka.

Sometimes I wish this man will live forever; the man is just too much.

I get very surprised when I see people pretending that they don't know how the Igbos have been victimised and marginalised in this country.

Even the useless idiotic president binhari went berserk on national TV asking 'What zo zee Ibos want?'

At Buhari's age he is still behaving like a toddler playing with sand, truly age is not maturity.

Buhari could have easily won over the east side by sticking to his words that he belonged to everybody and belonged to nobody but from what we have seen so far, Buhari belongs to the hausa/fulani of the far north. As far as he is concerned, zee Ibos can to hell!

In this country today they have an unwritten law that they will never allow an Igbo man become president so tell me why as an Igbo man I should want to remain a Nigerian? Why should I want to remain in a country where I am classified as 5% and the sons of futa jallon classified as 97% first class citizens?

Yakubu Gowon out of wisdom has said that the emergence of an Igbo president will heal Nigeria but will they listen? No!

Nigeria has a date with destiny and time will tell.

The union that will last is the one that is built on mutual understanding and respect not by fire and force.

Binhari, thank you very much for your divisive, wicked and vindictive government.

cc Dearpreye.
when Ojukwu contested in 2003 did u vote for him?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by jollymizzle(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:
Honestly Wole Soyinka has a good heart towards the Igbos.

I want to use this opportunity to apologize the him for every insult hurled at him by the Igbos.

This man is one Nigerian Igbos should love and respect so much.
You just highlighted the major problem facing your people.they are so prone to hate.maybe because of what they be gone through but nevertheless its the truth.there are so many threads on nairaland where your people have insulted this man and so many others who might have loved them at a point.in this modern times,for Nigeria to break up there has to be far reaching negotiations between your neighbours.but as things stand I don't see a scenario where your people would sit down to negotiate with the rest of Nigeria. Evidence suggests your people are more willing to follow a person who antagonizes the rest of us to someone who would reason with us

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by SHAIBULIAR: 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
That's the difference between Yorubas and others,hate them or like them, they always stand for truth and justice
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by nell3: 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

If you have nothing to say or contribute to our discourse? Kindly shut up, ignore the thread and go and play with your mates in the celebrity section!

Don't come here and try to tag anyone a tribalist or hope to get them banned! IT WON'T WORK! Now abeg get lost from my mentions!
I have been reading ur comments here and have come to the conclusion you are just exhibiting total idiocy on this thread.please better reserve you comments cos they are total invalid and display illiteracy. A section wants to secede all you can do is give them the full support since they are giving you sleepless night

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by gentlecharles: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
There has never bn a nation called Nigeria and there would never be. This force marriage by the British Empire has long expired. We need to define our future. Nigeria isn't working and can never work.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by jollymizzle(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Puresolutions:
Why do i get the feeling someone is trying to gain relevance as atonement for mistakes conceived rather stup*dly with sheer naivety.

Knowing one comes close to the end of the tunnel is such a burden such a being desperatly tries to pull himself of the trial by playing flimsy card and excuses as a payment for sins committed ?

Gani Fanwenhimi and Tais Solarin would be ashamed of the " results of your stance " !
Where were you when he was being jailed for your cause.this is why Biafra will never come.people like you are so much more than people who are calm and think things through.you lack simple diplomacy which is the most important aspect of human relationship.and you wonder why people would rather subjugate you in this country? People like you should keep quiet if you can't keep your emotions in check rather that create more enemies for your people

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by gentlecharles: 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
There has never bn a nation called Nigeria and there would never be. This force marriage by the British Empire has long expired. We need to define our future. Nigeria isn't working and can never work.
jossyj:

He 's old na
It's only truth that can make him live longer as I wish him and it's only truth that marks him out from other ofe............s
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by saintkel(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ciscogod:

I understand you bro...

I'm yet to see a homogeneous country. Let all southerners push for true federalism.

If we have a united southern nigeria. I think our dream can be achieved
Southern Nigeria! Are the Yorubas included too?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by profmallory(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Most Nigerians would care less if the nation divides into 10 parts, the only people keeping us together are those greedy Politicians who own investments in the SS. Carry out a survey and you ld be shocked how many people thing its better we all go our separate ways.

Ioannes:
This man is making so much sense as usual.

He is representing the views of majority of Yoruba people.

I won't say more than that so that itchy finger mods won't ban me again for supporting secession.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by passyhansome(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
I love you Sir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Uzodimma’s House Set Ablaze in His Hometown, Omuma / Nollywood Actor, Kenneth Okonkwo Resigns From APC Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu Wins Election In Canada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.