Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

"I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka (47349 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by bobbiekrantz: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2016
grin
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by naijaking1: 12:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Stingman:

"...They say a man without the knowledge of history is like a man without memory. As a northern Nigerian under the age of 30 I’ve always wondered why the Igbos tend to refuse to apply themselves very well politically.

I guess they’ve always wanted to be Biafrans (and justifiably so), not Nigerians. They didnt just want to ‘threaten’ Nigerian unity like they have always been accused of doing… I now understand where they’re coming from.

Just imagine if the Igbos were simply allowed to break away and form their Biafran Republic, how this entity called Nigeria would have fared. Maybe we will have ended up becoming prosperous friendly nations and economic allies with special ECOWAS relationships. And certainly the shameless massacre by the Nigerian and British governments will have been completely avoided.

Nigeria may be better off united economically and militarily, but the true yearnings of the peoples involved count more than mere economic growth on paper. Everyone has to feel among and feel important. Maybe, just maybe, if we were all allowed to go our separate ways we will end up becoming friends and allies and everything will eventually turn out for the better..." Abdullahi

I thank you for your educated postulations. Put another way, Nigeria, Ecowas, Africa, whatever is better and stronger when built from bottom up and not from top down as it is now. Energy and resources should never be expended holding an entity together by force----- it would not last, because energy is finite.
Like Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos also have patriots who are first of Igbos, before anything else, unfortunately Buhari has swelled that group by his openly hostile and bigoted actions towards Igbos and the South as a whole. Many Igbos love Nigeria, for sure.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by DrinkWater10: 1:55am On Jul 16, 2016
idensko:

Na dis our Oil pple dey piss me off.

I keep on telling pple

How many oil does Japan have

How many Oil does China have.

Dre is no investment dat is bigger than human capital.

That d Igbos hv in abundance.

I don't want a Biafra with this our Oil pple, period.

Ijaws are not pple to hv a common thing wit.

After all dre is massive untapped Gas reserve in d east, we have a bit of everything including d so called crude.

AKWACROSS is way to go, at least CALABAR has no oil, and if AKWAIBOM shout our oil, u let them drink it alone.

This pple has existed in harmony with the Igbos for a very long time.

Geographically dey are more SE than the Igbos.

No wonder dey were given the Second in command during Biafra war.

Mi one cent
I d really like to know if the SouthEast have Iron deposits lije what we see in kogi?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Duru1(m): 1:58am On Jul 16, 2016
hisgrace090:
Yes true federalism is the way to go.

There is nothing such as true federalism. The term, true federalism, is a tonic for the dingbats.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Trendishine: 3:20am On Jul 16, 2016
BossKratos:

So when a poster who you never quoted in the 1st place tells you "to go and shove it"(your opinion) instead of disputing the facts you normally clap for them abi?

Please read the initial exchanges carefully next time before you attempt to defend nonsense!
u are such a child..stewpidity has drowned ur mental balance in the pool of mediocrity n crass pride..u can start shouting fron here, but i have notting else to tell u...u aint worth it...we all are only suprised dat the subtle reply of that gentle man, expressing calmly his most sincere faith for his tribes own deserving self determination from dis contraption of a failed state called nigeria, obviously glaring... in d clean entirety of his heartfelt expression,. was not enough to humble u...u are irredemable at this point..all ur blab from dat point of reply 2 u, just makes u appear pitiable, n sorry to say, dumb.....u must be a yoruba boy, or someone from those irrational regions or state..otherwise,wonder y u are so pained.....but any way, evolution is wat u all face now...its not of ur control...under ur very eyes....d end should justify d means......

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by lawani: 4:11am On Jul 16, 2016
fulanimafia:

You think anyone takes your secession talk seriously?

When the millions of your kinsmen leave Kano and other parts of the North and SW, we will know you're not just making noise.

You'd really think Soyinka would support your exit if it's not in the better interest of his region? You'd really think I'd support your exit if it's not in the best interest of my region?

Trust me, you won't be missed. Just remember the caveat.

No reasonable person will seize properties of people that are not criminals. That will not happen anywhere. Then can you refuse citizenship for people born on your land? No. What you can do is to ban dual citizenship, so those who hold Biafran or Yoruba passports would need visas to work and live in your country. India has such an arrangement in place and Indians with Nigerian passport need visas to visit India. So, your position is not informed. Also, there are millions of Hausas in Igbo land and Yoruba land earning their living there. We all buy Dangote products too as well as those of other Hausas but Dangote is more popular. So, it is all interwoven. Breakup is better because people will then be able to rule themselves while cooperating with others under UN or ECOWAS sanctioned terms.

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by mediang: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by just2endowed: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Seun and his supermods does not support biafra.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Trendishine:

u are such a child..stewpidity has drowned ur mental balance in the pool of mediocrity n crass pride..u can start shouting fron here, but i have notting else to tell u...u aint worth it...we all are only suprised dat the subtle reply of that gentle man, expressing calmly his most sincere faith for his tribes own deserving self determination from dis contraption of a failed state called nigeria, obviously glaring... in d clean entirety of his heartfelt expression,. was not enough to humble u...u are irredemable at this point..all ur blab from dat point of reply 2 u, just makes u appear pitiable, n sorry to say, dumb.....u must be a yoruba boy, or someone from those irrational regions or state..otherwise,wonder y u are so pained.....but any way, evolution is wat u all face now...its not of ur control...under ur very eyes....d end should justify d means......

Mr man! Shut the _fuck up! Your epistle is as worthless as your existence!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by idensko(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2016
DrinkWater10:

I d really like to know if the SouthEast have Iron deposits lije what we see in kogi?

I told u we have a bit of untapped Natural resources.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enugu
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Obiwiz(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2016
lawani:

No reasonable person will seize properties of people that are not criminals. That will not happen anywhere. Then can you refuse citizenship for people born on your land? No. What you can do is to ban dual citizenship, so those who hold Biafran or Yoruba passports would need visas to work and live in your country. India has such an arrangement in place and Indians with Nigerian passport need visas to visit India. So, your position is not informed. Also, there are millions of Hausas in Igbo land and Yoruba land earning their living there. We all buy Dangote products too as well as those of other Hausas but Dangote is more popular. So, it is all interwoven. Breakup is better because people will then be able to rule themselves while cooperating with others under UN or ECOWAS sanctioned terms.
Thanks for educating the mafia. God bless you.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
wirinet:
What is Biafra? Until Biafra is clearly defined in terms of physical location, ideology and philosophy, it will be difficult to support or oppose.

I can see that you're more intelligent than Soyinka,but without any achievement!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ThatIgboBoy: 9:27am On Jul 16, 2016
attacker321:
MizMycoli please say something nah, you've been too quiet what happened?

She got married recently. So she has her cup full for now. You know we men are big babies.

MizMycoli abi?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2016
Curvinus:

Is anybody listebing to this douche bag? undecided

Adolphus Wabara, Ken Nnamani, Evans Enwerem, Pius Anyim - All Igbos and former Presidents of the Senate. Quit talking about stuffs you simply have no grasp of.

Wabara? Impeached for corruption! Evans enwerem? Impeached for corruption and currently dead!

Pius anyim? Was not only an ineffective senate presido but was also part of the worst government in nigerias history with no track record of any sort of achievement in igbo land whatsoever!

Ken nnamani? A stop gap senator who had no real power to influence the wishes of his igbo people during his short time on the hot seat due to his self preservation priorities?

These are YOUR POLITICALLY RELEVANT IGBO HEROES? You sir are a glorified IDIOT!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:

Oga abeg no vex o, but make I ask you. Why do you like deceiving yourself with this 'one south+ MB' idea. We yorubas never finish to lick abooki nyash, you wan make we do one south.

We yorubas dissociated ourselves from the rest of the South after we Buhari won thinking that he will fill everywhere with our people since abokiii no dey school. We were shocked the man was ready to go to Daura and pick cows to appoint if he can't any qualified northerner for a job.

It is hilarious expecting SE and SS to trust us against after what happened in Civil war and buharis election. It is we yorubas that should try to earn the rest of the south's trust not the other way round my brother.
Go back and read what I wrote; I never said the south was one, I only said that the south not being one is foolishness, and as long as the south remains this foolish (divided), the north would continue to dominate.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Curvinus(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
BossKratos:

Wabara? Impeached for corruption! Evans enwerem? Impeached for corruption and currently dead!

Pius anyim? Was not only an ineffective senate presido but was also part of the worst government in nigerias history with no track record of any sort of achievement in igbo land whatsoever!

Ken nnamani? A stop gap senator who had no real power to influence the wishes of his igbo people during his short time on the hot seat due to his self preservation priorities?

These are YOUR POLITICALLY RELEVANT IGBO HEROES? You sir are a glorified IDIOT!

What a pathetic slobbering little man. Time after time, we have to deal with two bob bits just making things up on this forum.

It is interesting you persist with this argument as you are simply not grasping the concept of having no political relevance.

It is wasting my time and everybody else's time to keep grizzling about something you just don't understand.

I am done with this as you have nothiing to add, just pulling up same crap.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Curvinus:

What a pathetic slobbering little man. Time after time, we have to deal with two bob bits just making things up on this forum.

It is interesting you persist with this argument as you are simply not grasping the concept of having no political relevance.

It is wasting my time and everybody else's time to keep grizzling about something you just don't understand.

I am done with this as you have nothiing to add, just pulling up same crap.

It is because you have no way to defend your illogical reasoning that is why you are DONE!

Next time you or your buddies in tribalism want to have your senseless stance exposed for the load of crap it actually is, give me a mention!

As for now GET LOST!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Curvinus(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
BossKratos:

It is because you have no way to defend your illogical reasoning that is why you are DONE!

Next time you or your buddies in tribalism want to have your senseless stance exposed for the load of crap it actually is, give me a mention!

As for now GET LOST!

So you think cackling like a hen in a chicken soup makes you logical?

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Swiftboy(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2016
idensko:

So OJUKWU declared a CIVIL WAR?

No wonder Nigeria govt insisted Civil war should not be included in our History syllabuses.

OJUKWU declared BIAFRA after Aguyi Ironsi was killed the Northern who were still aggrieved that their leaders were murdered

Where the SE allowed their own to escape.

This massacre was carried on even in the Military Baracks.

Igbo soldiers were murdered in COLD BLOOD.

HE THEN DECLARED THAT EVERY IGBO SON SHOULD RETURN HOME.

That it's evident this people wants to annihilate the Igbos.

Two days later he declared the Independent State of Biafra.

The Nigeria Govt declared them Rebels and moved amoured tanks into the city of SE.

SO mi brother who declared CIVIL WAR?

SMH and you think a country that practices federalism like ours will forget it's sovereignty and not go after the rebels? More diplomacy should have been pursue them the illusion of the Biafran state. All yourself this was it all Nigeria fault, when SE want to leave at all cost at the detriment of the country's oneness.. .the only thing that the rest of the world know the country for. Do you also know it's never in the constitution for any part of the country to seek secession? The country is a Federal Republic.. Are you saying Ojukwu is right to have push for seccesion is the only way out? From all indication, he wanted the test of the country out so he could build an oil rich Biafran state. He never surrender or counselled his Biafran agenda even after Aburi accord. Tell me who want war now. Sentiments apart, the hatred, though not justified was rather provoked.Killing northern leaders in cold blood by the coup plotters was not a good idea. So who knows his history now? Yes, the northern oligarchy will continue till SE gidi up politically and stop judging other tribes.. .political reliance should come first by going even closer to their SW neighbor instead cos SW will never support cutting the country into pieces. Never!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ADADAB: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
let Nigeria be divided to 4 country.
ODUDUWA NATIONS
:
Lagos, Ogun,Ekiti, Kwara,,Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Edo. ( THE development will be rapid.
hmmmm But Edo, Ondo and ekiti might slow down the country. grin grin
CALIPHATE NATIONS
: Sokoto, Kano, Zamfara,, Kebbi, Kaduna, Kastina, jigawa, Borno, yobe, Bauchi, Gombe,( Same as Niger republic), grin grin grin
MIDDLE BELT,
Kogi, Benue, Plateau,, Nasarawa, Taraba, Niger, Adamawa (sorry for this zone) grin grin grin
BIAFRA... Anambra, IMO, Enugu, Abia, Enonyi, Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross rivers, Delta, Akwa, Ibom grin grin grin ( Rich zone but I forsee a south Sudan problem here)
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nawa4nl: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

One thing i like it that you accept that you are scared of the igbos!
That will explain all the hate towards them, which is really jealousy!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by MrsMyColi(f): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

She got married recently. So she has her cup full for now. You know we men are big babies.

abi?

Actually

The contribution she made earned her a bangrin
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Bobbyfreshh(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
Raydos:
someone that doesn't believe God exists! when will this man stop drinking ogogoro!

SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Georgina Onuoha Calls Out Chioma Chukwuka Over Election / Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.