Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,056 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

"I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka (47369 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2016
Honestly Wole Soyinka has a good heart towards the Igbos.

I want to use this opportunity to apologize to him for every insult hurled at him by the Igbos.

This man is one Nigerian Igbos should love and respect so much.

20 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Musiwa419: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2016
While Ojukwu, Achebe, Madeibo, Njoku, Effiong and all other memeber of the Biafran High Command where hidding in underground bunkers; Wole Soyinka was languishing in jail for TWENTY TWO MONTHS because of his support for Biafra during the civil war

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by idensko(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2016
ExAngel007:
And so?
No be new thing na.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:43am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
[s] grin

E be like say one nna babe don dey wind soyinka under code oh?

This his new statement goes against his nationalist credentials! Anyway igbos are going no where we must all strive to make naija work! No dodging!

We shall all love one another by fire by force! Kongi park well![/s]

All these nonsense will not last much longer, you guys think you can push a big nation like the Igbos under and have it smooth?

Don't worry.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:44am On Jul 15, 2016
attackgat:

And if regionalism does not ever come, what will you support? The status quo?

Biafra came about because the North did not want true federalism. Biafra was declared by Ojukwu because the agreement on a confederation that was signed in Aburi Ghana was flagrantly breached by Gowon and his Northern cohorts. As long as the core North is part of Nigeria, true federalism will never come back because we all know they will vote against it at the national assembly.

Personally, I want my 50 million strong Igbo nation to be independent. We don't need Nigeria or some of the minorities in Southern Nigeria who are still shouting 'our oil!'. We need our freedom to Govern our selves. It won't be easy in the beginning but nothing good comes easy anyway.

God bless you my brother.

We are not interested in forcing any of the minorities around us, we will accept those that are willing to be part of us and those not willing can do whatever they like.

Igboland is all we care about, a country where we will not be classified as 5%.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by prof800(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Well who knows..?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Musiwa419:
While Ojukwu, Achebe, Madeibo, Njoku, Effiong and all other memeber of the Biafran High Command where hidding in underground bunkers; Wole Soyinka was languishing in jail for TWENTY TWO MONTHS because of his support for Biafra during the civil war

Please stop the insults.

We respect Wole Soyinka, please leave it at that.

9 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2016
[size=16pt]Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka has, again, explained his support for Biafran agitators.
Soyinka said the Igbo people have been so wronged that they have no choice than to consider opting out of Nigeria.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 7:48am On Jul 15, 2016
Musiwa419:

Edit your post.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by wirinet(m): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2016
What is Biafra? Until Biafra is clearly defined in terms of physical location, ideology and philosophy, it will be difficult to support or oppose.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by nijabazaar: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2016
If the igbos survived this long without Significant oil, we can do without the minorities...

We would survive wtout d minorities if they dont want to opt in (a note to all those affirmin that d oil rich minorities wont want it wt SE)

Even if we are landlocked, we will still make it...afterall Rwanda is landlocked and yet UNDI indices often favour it over Overtly exposed Nigeria.

Is switzerland landlocked? oh, what of that state chicago? OMG, what of luxemborg and Leichestein?

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attackgat: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2016
Ciscogod:

I understand you bro...

I'm yet to see a homogeneous country. Let all southerners push for true federalism.

If we have a united southern nigeria. I think our dream can be achieved

How will you get true federalism in Nigeria? You need 2 thirds to pass a bill in the NASS on true federalism. The core North are totally against it and they have the largest voting block in Nigeria. Where will the 2 thirds come from? Even if all the southern reps at the NASS voted for true federalism, they won't get even up half the votes needed to push it through. As far as Nigeria is concerned, true federalism is a dead issue.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 7:54am On Jul 15, 2016
grin
attacker321:

All these nonsense will not last much longer, you guys think you can push a big nation like the Igbos under and have it smooth?

Don't worry.

I'm not worried one bit! And many of your fellow igbo brothers and sisters working hard and doing well in other peoples regions like "abuja, lagos, ph, sokoto, kwara, yobe, ogun, calabar, delta etc" are not worried either!

It is only the bitter pained ones like yourself who are currently passing through some form of hardship that are worried! Once you begin to reason and discover that your problems and those of your region do not stem from the efforts of any other tribe but from the greed and foolishness of those of your own "brothers and sisters" who rule over you all then your headache will surely begin to subside! A hungry man is an angry man so no vex!

Sorry..................try to get some breakfast!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by otukpo(f): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2016
God bless Soyinka for this truth.

At least our elders should be bold to say the truth.

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by nijabazaar: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

I'm not worried one bit! And many of your fellow igbo brothers and sisters working hard and doing well in other peoples regions like "abuja, lagos, ph, sokoto, kwara, yobe, ogun, calabar, delta etc" are not worried either!

It is only the bitter pained ones like yourself who are currently passing through some form of hardship that are worried! Once you begin to reason and discover that your problems and those of your region do not stem from the efforts of any other tribe but from the greed and foolishness of those of your own "brothers and sisters"

What makes u think that after biafra that they wont continue to do business in those areas u aforementioned.....South koreas still parley wt North Koreans. Iranians still visit America during the embargo.

There must be human flux regardless of borders. So shove that excuse of urs.

23 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
[s] grin

It is only the bitter pained ones like yourself who are currently passing through some form of hardship that are worried! Once you begin to reason and discover that your problems and those of your region do not stem from the efforts of any other tribe but from the greed and foolishness of those of your own "brothers and sisters" who rule over you all then your headache will surely begin to subside! A hungry man is an angry man so no vex!

Sorry..................try to get some breakfast![/s]

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2016
nijabazaar:

What makes u think that after biafra that they wont continue to do business in those areas u aforementioned.....South koreas still parley wt North Koreans. Iranians still visit America during the embargo.

There must be human flux regardless of borders. So shove that excuse of urs.

Are you a south korean? Or an iranian? Why are you going off point? You are obviously an immature liittle runt that is why you have delved into the realm of hypothesis instead of focusing on the VALID POINTS I gave your fellow igbo man!

Now listen boy, the fact that your igbo people have not made any political headway of note since after the war is due to whose incompetence? "Gwari and benue" politicians are to blame I guess? Not your self centered igwes or political elites that are experts in pocket preservation!

The fact that your region suffers from superb environmental degredation, filth, erosion and crime is whose fault? Maybe it was "yorubas and hausas" that refused to use your states allocations, and constituency allowances for development abi?

See you crying about human flux! Who will you expect to "flux" into biafra sef? If not a tiny minority with ties to the region! Is it the same "hausas and yorubas etc" that you hate so much and would be glad to have left behind in the "zoo"! A nation like naija that plays politics of bitterness? You don't even want to imagine the sort of frustration that the government will ensure your biafra passes through to even get the most basic of necessities from naija!

Will the economic, political and social crimes that your elites have connived to have committed against the youth of your region such as yourself disappear overnight if you get biafra? Or would they get worse? People like you would even have less of a say in biafra matters since you have no financial or political leverage to barter with!

I'm sure your brain has started itching you right? Yes! The truth is not only bitter, it ITCHES too!

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2016
grin[quote author=attacker321 post=47555926][/quote]

I've noticed that when an empty headed tribalist has no counter argument to valid points or is pained at reading the bitter truth about themselves they resort to this your pathetic tactic of cancelling the posts!

Don't cry oh! They are only words not slaps! LMFAO!!!

Attacker kor defender ni!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2016
cheesy
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by nijabazaar: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

Are you a south korean? Or an iranian? Why are you going off point? You are obviously an immature liittle runt that is why you have delved into the realm of hypothesis instead of focusing on the VALID POINTS I gave your fellow igbo man!

Now listen boy, the fact that your igbo people have not made any political headway of note since after the war is due to whose incompetence? "Gwari and benue" politicians are to blame I guess? Not your self centered igwes or political elites that are experts in pocket preservation!

The fact that your region suffers from superb environmental degredation, filth, erosion and crime is whose fault? Maybe it was "yorubas and hausas" that refused to use your states allocations, and constituency allowances for development abi?

See you crying about human flux! Who will you expect to "flux" into biafra sef? If not a tiny minority with ties to the region! Is it the same "hausas and yorubas etc" that you hate so much and would be glad to have left behind in the "zoo"! A nation like naija that plays politics of bitterness? You don't even want to imagine the sort of frustration that the government will ensure your biafra passes through to even get the most basic of necessities from naija!

Will the economic, political and social crimes that your elites have connived to have committed against the youth of your region such as yourself disappear overnight if you get biafra? Or would they get worse? People like you would even have less of a say in biafra matters since you have no financial or political leverage to barter with!

I'm sure your brain has started itching you right? Yes! He truth is not only bitter, it ITCHES too!

U must love nigeria so much that u can Die for it.....well Goodluck.

And if u must go into an Argument, usin negative phrases like little Runt dont make u win debates. a little tip for u.

I have less of a say in Nigeria, my votes dont count, ma life and property dont matter once i step out anywhere to the north, tbere x an overwhelmin majority of northern in d assembly that wont push laws that favour me or my nationalty before theirs, i cant get a job in federal agency not by merit but only via nepotism or being A northerner.....so u see no reason to love Nigeria.

No matter the phrases u use, no matter how supposedly hungry u said i am, no matter the distorted logic u spewth forth ....I will still take Biafra over ur Nigeria.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Izonpikin: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2016
one sensible person has spoken..i wish many nigerians can grow some sense too..

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by 33xtr06r: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

I'm sure your brain has started itching you right? Yes! He truth is not only bitter, it ITCHES too!

Whether you like or not, Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from you and your cotravellers.

Self-determination remains an inalienable right of ANY people.

You lots should cease dictating for other people how to live their lives. If we are really one, you need not shout it into my head for me to understand. 
We are totally different in many ways and have nothing in common.

There's virtually no other State governors that performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal during that era.

With the global downturn, Igbo States are the least affected by the falling crude oil earnings. Even Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of his citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State and Yorubaland as a whole.

Remember that soon after the civil war you lots connived and robbed Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and gave £20 to only those who could prove they had bank accounts.

You lots proceeded to use the stolen funds to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to your regions for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

Inspite of federal government presence and investments coupled with the numerous treasury lootings of Yoruba and Northern elites, the Igbos can still boast of having the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while a number of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

The gross injustice and wickedness against the Igbo Nation have not deterred the Igbos from doing excellently and even competing on the world stage:

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/254
https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

https://www.nairaland.com/2690726/looking-top-30-richest-nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/2671323/anambra-students-win-science-exhibition

https://www.nairaland.com/503406/nigerian-student-achieves-best-2010

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
The full study can be found here:
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

Igbos leads in 2015 WASSCE performance chart
https://www.nairaland.com/2914357/breaking-news-again-south-east-leads#42641776
Igbos also lead in both NECO and JAMB.

https://www.nairaland.com/2914239/igbos-most-learned-people-nigeria

MDG for SE: https://www.nairaland.com/2785068/biafra-struggle-disgruntled-elements/3

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2016
nijabazaar:

U must love nigeria so much that u can Die for it.....well Goodluck.

And if u must go into an Argument usin negative phrases like little Runt dont make u win debates. a little tip for u.

So when a poster who you never quoted in the 1st place tells you "to go and shove it"(your opinion) instead of disputing the facts you normally clap for them abi?

Please read the initial exchanges carefully next time before you attempt to defend nonsense!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by OMAR12: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

Mr. man why are u deviating from the topic and trying to bring tribalism into this thread, can't he air his dreams or aspiration, what do u stand to gain from tribal e-war, what I can denote aside from your trying to blow the fire of e-tribal war here is that, you think that if Biafra were to happen today then the Igbo will go cap in hand begging other nation for alms. I just pity those around you cause at the rate yo going the fire of hate will soon consume you. everyone ignore this guy.

14 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by nijabazaar: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

So when a poster who you never quoted in the 1st place tells you "to go and shove it"(your opinion) instead of disputing the facts you normally clap for them abi?

Please read the initial exchanges carefully next time before you attempt to defend nonsense!
Mister Nigerian, whats d difference btwn 'go and shove it' and 'throw away that excuse'...

ok, i am officially ignorin u as the guy above said.
but not before a last diss sha..
Love Nigeria forever my dear and may u find peace (that might forever ellude utongue) in her

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2016
33xtr06r:

Whether you like or not, Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from YOU and YOUR cotravellers.

Self-determination remains an inalienable right of ANY people.

YOU LOTS should cease dictating for other people how to live their lives. If we are really one, you need not shout it into my head for me to understand. 
WE are totally different in many ways and have nothing in common.

There's virtually no other State governors that performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal during that era.

Remember that soon after the civil war YOU LOTS CONNIVED AND ROBBED Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and gave £20 to only those who could prove they had bank accounts.

YOU LOTS proceeded to use the stolen funds to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to YOUR regions for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

Inspite of federal government presence and investments coupled with the numerous treasury lootings of YORUBA and NORTHERN ELITES, the Igbos can still boast of having the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while a number of YOUR States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

The gross injustice and wickedness against the Igbo Nation have not deterred the Igbos from doing excellently and even competing on the world stage:

"By their WORDS you can easily detect them!"

The bulk of your post is contained here! All those links you were trying to bombard the thread with are what we call semantics! Instead of dealing with the truth you want to ensure that your people read inconsequential articles and applaud you! That won't work with me sir!

By the way keep wondering which of the lots I belong to, you need to learn to interact with other nigerians, your views on this thread have only exposed you to be a guy that has been stuck in the east and the past for way too long!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by OMAR12: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2016
if it were up to me ooo when I hear Nigeria,the only picture that comes to my mind is southern part of it, the far north is like another country to me, and as for true federalism and that which is needed is 2/3 of the national assembly I think the south and the middle belt are on the same page. I might be wrong.we just have to go back to regionalism in that way we can easily diversify our economy with it region trying to make it resources count. all region will benefit, middle belt has coal, tin,limestone, iron ore education and food crop, south east has oil,gas coal, led, palm produce, limestone, white clay education etc, south west has crude oil, bitumen, cocoa, limestone, timber,education (can't remember the rest u can add yours) North east has I think gold, oil(not sure), etc, north west uhmm (u guys can help me with that). so regionalism is the way to achieve diversification quicker, oh not forgetting the south south oil and gas can't remember any.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2016
OMAR12:
Mr. man why are u deviating from the topic and trying to bring tribalism into this thread, can't he air his dreams or aspiration, what do u stand to gain from tribal e-war, what I can denote aside from your trying to blow the fire of e-tribal war here is that, you think that if Biafra were to happen today then the Igbo will go cap in hand begging other nation for alms. I just pity those around you cause at the rate yo going the fire of hate will soon consume you. everyone ignore this guy.

If you have nothing to say or contribute to our discourse? Kindly shut up, ignore the thread and go and play with your mates in the celebrity section!

Don't come here and try to tag anyone a tribalist or hope to get them banned! IT WON'T WORK! Now abeg get lost from my mentions!
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Enrichlee(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2016
Raydos:
someone that doesn't believe God exists! when will this man stop drinking ogogoro!
And everyone must believe God exist! Because he's an atheist, u consider is reasoning not valuable or of importance. Smh at ur ignorance

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by 33xtr06r: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:

"By their WORDS you can easily detect them!"

The bulk of your post is contained here! All those links you were trying to bombard the thread with are what we call semantics! Instead of dealing with the truth you want to ensure that your people read inconsequential articles and applaud you! That won't work with me sir!

By the way keep wondering which of the lots I belong to, you need to learn to interact with other nigerians, your views on this thread have only exposed you to be a guy that has been stuck in the east and the past for way too long!

I feel the anger in your writeup that many Igbos are determined to have a separate existence from you and your cotravellers despite the threats and challenges.

It's preposterous the extent a group of confused lots would lie and spread wicked propaganda just to share a mere geographical expression with the same Igbo Nation they have nothing but hatred and envy for. It indeed defies all logics known to humanity!

If your elites believe in 'One Nigeria' they wouldn't hustle to have dual passports and sending their children abroad to live and school with our commonwealth.
If 'One Nigeria' apologists like you are willing to risk their life for their country the way the Biafrans are doing now, Nigeria would have been a better place.

You and your cotravellers should cease dictating for other people how to live their lives. And the earlier you channel your energies towards consolidating OduaArewanistan republic the better for your survival.

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime.

16 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by BossKratos: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2016
tongue
nijabazaar:

Mister Nigerian, whats d difference btwn 'go and shove it' and 'throw away that excuse'...

ok, i am officially ignorin u as the guy above said.
but not before a last diss sha..
Love Nigeria forever my dear and may u find peace (that might forever ellude utongue) in her

Nigeria is my country! I have friends from each and every angle of this nation and they are all the same! Some crazy, some good, some religious, some tribalist, some rich some poor! Who cares? Why must I always think like a caveman just to make myself comfortable?

If you want to listen to the advice of the witless then I wish you the best! But learn not to blame the rains that may damage your farmland on the "yoruba, hausa or tiv man"! No one is responsible for your misfortune or success of you or your people in life EXCEPT YOU!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by mesoprogress(m): 9:24am On Jul 15, 2016
attackgat:

And if regionalism does not ever come, what will you support? The status quo?

Biafra came about because the North did not want true federalism. Biafra was declared by Ojukwu because the agreement on a confederation that was signed in Aburi Ghana was flagrantly breached by Gowon and his Northern cohorts. As long as the core North is part of Nigeria, true federalism will never come back because we all know they will vote against it at the national assembly.

Personally, I want my 50 million strong Igbo nation to be independent. We don't need Nigeria or some of the minorities in Southern Nigeria who are still shouting 'our oil!'. We need our freedom to Govern our selves. It won't be easy in the beginning but nothing good comes easy anyway.

The same oil that made my Igbo brothers in delta, Rivers deny their origin. Igbos that accept their heritage should be allowed to go. They will succeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu Wins Election In Canada (Photos) / 2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / Georgina Onuoha Calls Out Chioma Chukwuka Over Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.