Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

"I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka (47366 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by OMAR12: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
ElekeNtioba:
"The only people supporting Biafra are jobless touts and miscreants"

"Biafra supporters are just frustrated because Jonathan lost"

"Biafra supporters are just jealous the yorubas single-handedly made Buhari president"

feel free to add yours....

everyone ignore him, he is just sueing for e-tribal war here, trying to create more divide between the south.Mr man we have heard you,you can go back to what u were doing prior to this ur comment.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
This is a man who understand what it means to be wronged and pained to the extent that you can't control your anger again. And that's the condition, the igbos find themselves. They have been wronged, murdered and not recognized to the extent that they are now agitating for biafra.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by chidozieikeji2: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Raydos:
someone that doesn't believe God exists! when will this man stop drinking ogogoro!
he will stop drinking ogogoro d day u will become qualified to clean his shoes baba soyinka ride on tell them th truth infact umu igbo we suppose give soyinka one title this man have always been there for us defending us and was even jailed by Gowon because of us hundred gun salute for soyinka

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Optionalx: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Even if you were wronged, you can forgive and forge ahead.

Me see no reason for Biafra buh the agitation can help to wright some of the wrongs
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by mystry(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

E be like say one nna babe don dey wind soyinka under code oh?

This his new statement goes against his nationalist credentials! Anyway igbos are going no where we must all strive to make naija work! No dodging!

We shall all love one another by fire by force! Kongi park well!

brother may thunder without breaks fire you

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ba7man(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Maybe it's time to re-considered regionalism.

At least it gives this nation a chance to plot a different path other than this current one that has brought about so much distrust.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by chidozieikeji2: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

This his new statement goes against his nationalist credentials! Anyway igbos are going no where we must all strive to make naija work! No dodging!

who told u that wole soyinka have ever supported nigeria better go and read history very well wole soyinka was jailed by Gowon for supporting biafra it was in jail that he wrote one poem titled last turning where he described his life in jail so get that to ur head he was accused of plotting with victor banjo to join the biafra army with some yoruba elements in the nigerian army and chase gowon and his northern army out of southwest but one man who has always betrayed him severaly and who later became presido of this country leaked it and they arrested him and jailed him I also forgot another good yoruba man named ayo ariyo this man resigned from the nigerian army because of the injustice that was being dished out to the biafrans he said he will not shoot at biafrans that instead of him shooting at biafrans that he better resign and he did it for us which is more of a suicide decision because in the army if u refuse to obey command from your commanding officer its equivalent to death SO LETS HAIL THE MAN AYO ARIYO

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by musicwriter(m): 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Eventually, Nigeria will break up either peacefully or by act of war. It's a matter of ''when'' not ''if''.

You cannot fight nature and win!!

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
simple, monkey the work baboon the chop must stop period....
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

My yoruba brother, this guy is a fulani man. Because of our rabid hate toward Biafra, muslim fulanis are now using our tribe as a shield against Ibos and even abuse our dear erudite Professor Soyinka. Should we continue our romance with these fulani against Biafra?

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nazacent: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
If a yoruba man could come out on an international news media to declare his support for the agitation of biafra, I should hide my face in shame for being ignorant all along. As from today hence forth, me and my family will fight to the end.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ElekeNtioba: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
obailala:
You keep lumping the geographical area called North Central into tour description of the north. But you need to understand that the typical man from Benue, Kogi, Kwara and Plateau would be very happy to break away from the domination of the core Hausa-Fulani north. The only reason why the north central hasnt declared this is because they are waiting for the politically naive and confused southern zones to get their acts together and speak with one voice on the issue of regional governments. The thing stopping Nigeria from returning to regional govts isnt the north as is always alleged; the only thing stopping the return of regionalism is the foolishness of the southern zones to speak with one voice on the issue.

Are u for real?? If they need someone else to speak up before they outline their aspiration that means its not worth it to them. And it appears u dont know their political history well enough.

These people u are defending at one time or another where championing interesets of d core north.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by x12345678x: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
nijabazaar:
If the igbos survived this long without Significant oil, we can do without the minorities...

We would survive wtout d minorities if they dont want to opt in (a note to all those affirmin that d oil rich minorities wont want it wt SE)

Even if we are landlocked, we will still make it...afterall Rwanda is landlocked and yet UNDI indices often favour it over Overtly exposed Nigeria.

Is switzerland landlocked? oh, what of that state chicago? OMG, what of luxemborg and Leichestein?
Wivout oil u say bruv? U prolly typed dat wivout finking it thru. Edit post
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Valprof: 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad
The north and south are like oil and water that can never mix...lord lugard
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by wizsolzy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
I don't know y I luv dis man
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
attacker321:

Stop being silly, Igbo are not interested in bringing you guys into Biafra. Did you not read recently where MASSOB asked the UN to split Nigeria into six different countries? The clearly separated Biafra from Niger Delta.

All we are in terested in is Igboland which includes our lands carved into Rivers state in 1976 and Delta north, simple.

The rest of you 'We SS' can go and form your Niger Delta Republic, we don't give a fvck about that.

Go and sleep and stop feeling important.

We have told you people many times that we don't want you and we don't need you yet y'll keep shouting 'Leave us alone, we are not part of your Biafra' everyday like mad chickens.

Once again, Igbos don't want you and we don't need you!!!

I hope that sinks in this time.

The guy you quoted has deeper tribal marks than Mr Afolabi from my village in Osun. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Swiftboy(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
idensko:

One Origin bitter 4u

I don't still get where this self acclaimed sophisticated pple got this OJUKWU murdered innocent Igbo's from

This is a man who clamored for true federalism

An agreement was signed and this pple refused to obey an agreement.

Igbo's were being Murdered in the North

He was left wit no Choice than to declare an independent State of Biafra.

And the Nigeria govt backed by d West moved their Tanks into our border.

He did what every true born Igbo Son will do

Fight back when pushed to a corner.

If that is what is called chest beating

I Pray oh God, from this day hence forth, may I never seize to Chest beat.

In mama peace words

IKEMBA IS GONE BUT HIS MANHOOD STILL LIVES ON

D Greatest IGBO HERO EVER LIVETH
He was not left with no choice... Actually, he made the wrong choice. The civil war was unnecessary.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
uncle005:
lgbo make una start action na, it is not on Nairaland and newspapers joint insulting Buhari that Biafra will be achieved.

I am a pro Biafra too but leave Niger Delta out of[b] the evil struggle. [/b]

Evil struggle ke... nowao'o
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by attacker321: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:

The guy you quoted has deeper tribal marks than Mr Afolabi from my village in Osun. grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Ofemmanu1: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
evilapc:
It's only parasites who love sucking others blood that hates being in its own.

Parasites are usually the ones screaming one Nigerian, not because they love you, but because they can't survive without you
Sometimes, the parasites can form alliance with the host to produce a "Symbiotic" relationship.
A relationship that allows the coexistence of both parties.
Nigeria needs Symbiosis.
Symbiosis means LIFE, every religion preaches it.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by emmasege: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ioannes:
This man is making so much sense as usual.

He is representing the views of majority of Yoruba people.

I won't say more than that so that itchy finger mods won't ban me again for supporting secession.
If only our igbo brothers and sisters would realize that. The unholy alliance between the north and my people is going to be short-lived because those minority of Thief.nubus will soon lose their relevance in the s/west. They are betrayals of the southern region and they are not endemic to the west alone as they are found in the eastern region also e.g. Oshiomole, Onu, Ngige, Okorocha, Amaechi, Peterside, Silva etc.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by JohnsonOlanre: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Blame Nnamdi Kanu for opening the can of worms. cool

I blame our drunk ex-olopa Oba of lagos for bringing the can to the table. We must now embrace the fulani in one nigeria without the annoying Ibos. cool grin
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
JohnsonOlanre:

grin grin grin
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by slap1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Isn't it ironic that moderators ban people for being pro-Biafra and yet push this thread to the front page?
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by P0intBlank(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
Soyinka said the Igbo people have been so wronged that they have no choice than to consider opting out of Nigeria.

It's so glaring I wonder why we can't all see it. Only people who are objective would admit this.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

other people commenting so far have been getting likes.kindly check if you've got one.tnx
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by P0intBlank(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
idensko:

One Origin bitter 4u

I don't still get where this self acclaimed sophisticated pple got this OJUKWU murdered innocent Igbo's from

This is a man who clamored for true federalism

An agreement was signed and this pple refused to obey an agreement.

Igbo's were being Murdered in the North

He was left wit no Choice than to declare an independent State of Biafra.

And the Nigeria govt backed by d West moved their Tanks into our border.

He did what every true born Igbo Son will do

Fight back when pushed to a corner.

If that is what is called chest beating

I Pray oh God, from this day hence forth, may I never seize to Chest beat.

In mama peace words

IKEMBA IS GONE BUT HIS MANHOOD STILL LIVES ON

D Greatest IGBO HERO EVER LIVETH

Thank you for putting the record straight
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by ldpele(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
idensko:

Na dis our Oil pple dey piss me off.

I keep on telling pple

How many oil does Japan have

How many Oil does China have.

Dre is no investment dat is bigger than human capital.

That d Igbos hv in abundance.

I don't want a Biafra with this our Oil pple, period.

Ijaws are not pple to hv a common thing wit.

After all dre is massive untapped Gas reserve in d east, we have a bit of everything including d so called crude.

AKWACROSS is way to go, at least CALABAR has no oil, and if AKWAIBOM shout our oil, u let them drink it alone.

This pple has existed in harmony with the Igbos for a very long time.

Geographically dey are more SE than the Igbos.

No wonder dey were given the Second in command during Biafra war.

Mi one cent
you just sounded like one of the tool the FG use in implementing the rule and divide system in the old Eastern region. u better stay clear or the region will have no choice but to treat u like a traitor. they is power in the unity of the Eastern region.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by funmijoyb(f): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
evilapc:
It's only parasites who love sucking others blood that hates being in its own.

Parasites are usually the ones screaming one Nigerian, not because they love you, but because they can't survive without you
and ur people are d parasites. ..u refuges sud find ur way back to ur unhabbitable lands bf we believe u.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by johntolu: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
[/color]
attacker321:

All these nonsense will not last much longer, you guys think you can push a big nation like the Igbos under and have it smooth?

Don't worry.

[color=#000099]

I agree with you, my brother.
Enough of these injustices going on in
the country.
Re: "I Am Pro-Biafra" – Wole Soyinka by johntolu: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
attacker321:

All these nonsense will not last much longer, you guys think you can push a big nation like the Igbos under and have it smooth?

Don't worry.

I am in total support of the right to self-determination,
of the Igbos race, and I am sure, a larger percentage
of the Yoruba Nation, are in support as well.
I will advise the Igbos Nation to come up with a collective stand on what they want and once they
get that done, no Nation can stop them from
achieving their DESTINY.
The Igbos Nation is too big and sophisticated to be pushed and tossed around by fools but the Igbo people themslves, must get their priorities right.
Nigeria as a Nation, was designed and created for the Hausa-Fulanis, by the British, and they are the only Nation calling the shots in the country.
I lived and worked in Kano for 12 years, and I am aware of most of the challenges that most Southern Nigerians, living in Northern Nigeria, go through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DSS At Abuja Home Of Amalate Turner + What They Took Away / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole / Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu Wins Election In Canada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.