Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Hidden truth about Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden truth about Igbo (36854 Views)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / See What I Saw On Facebook About Igbo / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hidden truth about Igbo by JoSaintiago: 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
History of the Igbo race in the academic field.

•The first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan was an Igbo man named Professor Kenneth Dike.

•The first Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku.

•The first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology was also an Igbo man
The first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics was an Igbo man named Professor Chike Obi – the man who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem. He was followed by another Igbo man named Professor James Ezeilo, Professor of Differential Calculus and the founder of the Ezeilo Constant.

The first Nigerian professor of history was an Igbo man Professor Kenneth Dike who also became the first black vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan.

The first Nigerian Professor of Botany was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku. He went on to become the very first vice chancellor of the university of LAGOS.

The first Nigerian Professor of Anatomy and Physiology is Professor Chike Edozien an Igbo man who is also the current Obi of Asaba.
The first Nigerian Professor of Physics was Professor Okoye an Igbo man who became a Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1960.

He was followed by the likes of Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics.
In Nuclear Physics and Chemistry – again another Igbo man – Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early ’20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early ’60s. This young Asaba man had made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early ’50s.

First Professor of Statistics – Professor Adichie who’s research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research.

What about the first Nigerian Professor of Medicine – Professor Kodilinye – he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war.

What about Astronomy – again another Igbo man was the first Professor of Astronomy – please, look up Professor Ntukoju – he was the first to earn a double Ph.D in Astronomy and Mathematics.

Let’s go to the Social Sciences – Demography and statistical research into population studies – again another Igbo man – Professor Okonjo who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early ’60s. A double Ph.D in Mathematics and Economics.

Philosophy – Professor G D Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953.

Economics – Dr. Pius Okigbo who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D in Economics.

Theology and theological research – Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.

The Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) has a record of the state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and as at 2014 that state is Imo State. You can go to this commission and verify.

Anambra state was the first in WAEC, UNITY SCHOOLS ENTERANCE EXAMS, NECO AND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders and Keke riders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia. No amount of hatred can change blessings from God.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by locosis007(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Seen like 5times today.

Too tribal to make front page..

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by AustineE1: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
You dont need to belabour yourself....ndigbo,even your greatest enemies knows your strength,i love the never dying spirit.
One love!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
That's why those from the yoloba will go any length to marry an Igbo woman...just to get a little piece of that Igbo blood in their children.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
Chai Op, you remind of the time I spent at Unizik awka, unn, unec and uniport.
It was a time of extra ordinary intellectual gymnastics, every topic from science to politics to technology was disected and analysed line by line to the point of exhaustion.
My regret is we did not live in a wealthy country that gave us the slack to allow our imagination run wild.

Chai chai chai

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Etogist: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Awolowo will be crying wherever he is. He will be like after all i deed to keep this people down yet they are soaring higher.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
Etogist:
Awolowo will be crying wherever he is. He will be like after all i deed to keep this people down yet they are soaring higher.

Why would he cry when his people are soaring high?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Knowledge9000:
That's why those from the yoloba will go any length to marry an Igbo woman...just to get a little piece of that Igbo blood in their children.

I wonder why you Ibos can't enjoy your chest beating threads without mentioning Yorubas. You reek of inferiority complex.

Yorubas go to which length? Or why do Ibo women of nowadays prefer marrying Yoruba men? And when they have kids, why do they prefer giving them Yoruba names (i.e Yemi Alade)?

Why do most of your musicians sing in Yoruba?

Why are your people now dressing in Yoruba attire, compare to 1 or two Yorubas dressing in Ibo attire? Why are y'all dressing as Yoruba, but calling it "Ashebi", when we know its Aso ebi?

Why do you prefer living amongst Yoruba people than living in Iboland?

Yoruba culture is the most attractive, no matter how you wail on social media to bring it down. It will keep soaring.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
JoSaintiago:

Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders and Keke riders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia. No amount of hatred can change blessings from God.

I keep telling you Ibos, trading is not business grin grin
When you talk business, you talking in Yoruba.

Igbo: Imports china and sells at market/shops.
Yoruba: Owns businesses in different countries.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

I keep telling you Ibos, trading is not business grin grin
When you talk business, you talking in Yoruba.

Igbo: Imports china and sells at market/shops.
Yoruba: Owns businesses in different countries.

You need to borrow a leaf from this sensible Yoruba elder and stop disgracing yourself up and down NL.
Igbos are not your mates.

"For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective."
Maj. Gen Adebayo Adeyinka (rtd.)
https://www.nairaland.com/3173893/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
36xtr09r:

[s]You need to borrow a leaf from this sensible Yoruba elder and stop disgracing yourself up and down NL.
Igbos are not your mates.

"For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective."
Maj. Gen Adebayo Adeyinka (rtd.)
https://www.nairaland.com/3173893/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu[/s]

Ibos don't pay taxes.

[img]http://itsabouthimdotorg.files./2014/09/put-trash-in-can.jpg[/img]

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
[s]
TheNewIbadan:
Ibos don't pay taxes.
[/s]

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
36xtr09r:
[s][/s]
[s]
Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html[/s]

[img]http://itsabouthimdotorg.files./2014/09/put-trash-in-can.jpg[/img]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by TheNewIbadan: 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Anyway, since we talking businesses, I will soon post various Yoruba businesses on here. Ibos will soon what we call business and import trading.

No mod should ban me for derailing because these inferior flat heads brought Yoruba into this.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
Bays.water post:
Some of us Yorubas are traitors, I say give my people food and they will beat their parents if you want them to.

We are the major problem of Nigeria.

Bays.water post:
That's the sentiments we keep applying, us Yorubas will not attend to the log of wood in our eyes, we are busy acting like all is well with us claiming to be Nigeria's messiah. Oju yin ma to jaa, eyin Oponu gbogbo.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
Anyway, since we talking businesses, I will soon post various Yoruba businesses on here. Ibos will soon what we call business and import trading.

No mod should ban me for derailing because these inferior flat heads brought Yoruba into this.

Frustrated oblong conehead from Wasteland, let's know if you need transport fare to do just that now and stop throwing your smelly saliva everywhere. Have you cleaned your mouth since this year?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by totit: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
Donno flattizzz chest beat so much.

Education what Oh you mean th number of conditate that sit for Gscce, waec grin grin

I try sha

As we all know, Yoruba people are the pacesetters in Nigeria, Africa and in some cases, the world at large. We are the head, never the tail. Here are a few of Yorubas who have comfortably enshrined their names in the record book. . Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor -Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa -Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of Mathematics in Africa -Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African professor of Geology -Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a Pulitzer prize -Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Pilot -William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in 1905 -Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of law in West Africa -Kofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive an undergraduate degree from Oxford University -Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest African PHD Holder in Mathematics -Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics professor in Africa and also the first black African to be named a fellow of the Geological society of London -Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to win a Nobel prize for literature -Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian professor of anatomy -Taslim Elias is the first African to be president of the International Court of Justice (World Court) -Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week -Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro- surgery in Nigeria. -Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian law firm -I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE -Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria -Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro- radiologist -Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa. -Dr. Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria. Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first Nigerian Chartered Accountant -Latola Films was the 1st film production company in Nigeria -Prof. Ilesanmi Adesida, is the first black Vice- Chancellor in an american unversity -Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own a boutique in Nigeria -Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an Olympic medal -Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female Professor of Computer Science. -Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine in Nigeria -Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to qualify as a chartered accountant -Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining engineer in Nigeria -Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland -Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate of Nigeria -Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female Doctor-1937 -Helen Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist to win a Grammy-1986 -Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor of History -Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first professor of psychiatry. -Engineer Dr. (Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering -Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female professor in Nigeria -Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female industrialist -Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect 1952 -Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed Forces (2 Star) Major General: -Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female Chartered Accountant in Nigeria -George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more mathematics papers than any other Black mathematician in history -Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win the most prestigious award for young mathematics researchers in the United States and the first black woman to publish an article in the Annals of Mathematics -Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the Welcome Prize in Medicine.
. Like we said, those are a few. The list itself is endless. And by the way, where is your own name ….. ?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by KevinDein: 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Impressive list.
However, their descendants, the Igbos, the Wailers, are easily some of the dumbest and dullest individuals around considering the utter dumb posts they keep churning out on nairaland on a daily basis.
Oh, yeah, the jamb and waec stats might say otherwise, but those only proof that education in the SE these days is more of quantity than quality.
Trust me Igbos most of your posts these days on nairaland are vomit-inducing.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kill 12 Cows In Akwa Ibom As Herdsmen Flee / Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State / INEC under fire for declaring Orji Kalu winner of 'inconclusive' elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.