Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Hidden truth about Igbo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden truth about Igbo (36982 Views)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / See What I Saw On Facebook About Igbo / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Emilokoiyawon: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
ikarm17:

The thing is, they could have enjoyed their thread in peace.

Why bring Yorubas into this makes nonsense. Guy, I got 10 more pages to add abeg. Make I finish what they started grin grin grin grin

cool grin grin grin grin 10 pages! Chai you be badt guy grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Ajewealth123(m): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kruzilano:
Halftruth u nd ur crazy bigot of a friend decided to derail this thread... I jst gave less than 20 top igbo men whose money will buy not only the edifices and investment of those road side yolubas u mentioned... kip posting ppl who have road side shop, how many of em is recognised by forbes? D rich ones among go to oversea to invest... D igbo rich ones come back to dia state nd to invest..go find a means of livelyhood nd stop flaunting dose entrepreneurs of urs who cant boast of 2million naira, with da being said *am off this thread* nd please for goodness sake nd love of urslf, do not. I repeat do not quote me.
so forbes didn't recognize otedola and adenuga right? Ur brain is certainly in auto reverse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
BILIKISS ADEBIYI
The woman building Nigeria's recycling sector
Founder & CEO of Wecyclers
Sector: Community Recycling Initiative

Let's keep the show rolling.... grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
CEO is Lemi Olalemi

Deputy CEO of TVC/Television Continental and founder of Radio Freedom,

[img]http://theaibs.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Lemi-Olalemi-276x300.jpg[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Seun Onigbinde

Seun Onigbinde, who is an Engineer turned Banker turned CEO of Budgit, got the Kaduna State Government to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with BudgIT, to commence the development of an Open Budgeting system. Seun has proven that Government data can be presented in a simple and easy to understand manner. Hopefully other state governments will adopt this to help communicate their plans to the citizens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2016

Bosun has presented fitness as a cool thing to Nigerians. Founder and CEO of Truppr, Bosun Tijani led his team to raise a revenue of about ₦19 million following a series of successful events that Truppr organised in 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by aressssa: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
CEO, Mike Dola and COO, Olufemi Aguda

Cokodeal.com is an e-commerce firm for locally produced goods, manufactured goods, textile, agricultural products and crafts in Africa. It was created from a desire for a continent that will not be at the mercy of foreign assistance but a convergence point for global trade.

Nigeria as an entry point into Africa has shown it has more than enough to sell to the world. In our market exploration we did understand that there were thousands of local manufacturers unknown to Nigerians, we found out there were popular brand in South East Nigeria but hardly found in the west, hence we saw a need for us to connect South-East Nigeria with the South-West, with its vast production of locally made commodities like shoes, bags, plastics, furniture frames and more

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Ajewealth123(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kruzilano:
okay and the yoruba yoot that are into yahoo plus nd plus plus.. They do critical thinking abi
senseless, even before Yorubas started yahoo,the IBOs have been patronizing dibia ofia for blood rituals,and the one or two YORUBA I know are into yahoo are influenced by ur fellow flat heads. IBOs trending for the wrong reasons since the days of Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
I'll start reporting the deleted Yoruba businesses. They can't shut us up!

Oga mi at the top aressssa, great job! wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
AmuDimpka:

They should be ashamed

Igbo fought war
Given just £20 to start up and they lost their money
The Yoruba had 1967 to 1980 to take over the economy ...yet they messed it up prodigally

They shouldn't even be competing with Igbo but Igbo has surpassed them

So I don't argue with them

LMAO don't you even dare try to devalue another man's success with your victim mentality. At leasT Ibos got 20 pounds, how much did Yorubas get from the NIgerian government? grin When did Yoruba individuals benefit from the government? The lies y'all keep perpetuating catches up to you eventually. These new startups Yorubas are controlling, which government help did they get?
Many Ibos even benefitted from Awolowo's free education. So keep hush.
You will never surpass Yorubas. Trust me grin Your miracle center can keep helping you sha.
Why do you think Yorubaland controls e-commerce, industries, and agriculture? You think it was done overnight?
You lots claim that Ibos are businessmen, but Lagos and Ogun controls the business sector. Better wake up. You think Onithsa's market is business?

[size=14pt]aressssa, modath, whathaveidone, and other Yorubas... how much money did your people get during the war? Igbos keep claiming that the war only affected them grin grin[/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool grin grin grin grin 10 pages! Chai you be badt guy grin grin grin cool

They deleted 4 good pages. I will repost those information and move on to Science & Technology and Academia afterwards.
Had this thread been filled with anti-Yoruba propaganda, trust me, it would have moved to the front page. But because it's filled with Yoruba success stories, they deleted half the page.

See the bias they exhibit towards Yorubas?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Interview with 20 Year Old Millionaire Stock Trader – Elijah Oyefeso[/size]

20 year old Elijah Oyefeso isn’t your typical uni dropout. In fact, he’s now a stock-trading high roller driving three sports cars (2 featured on The Daily Mail today). After just 4 months at Buckingham University studying International Football Business Management, Elijah decided to leave, telling Student Cheddar “Uni was decent, my course was very standard but at the end of the day it just wasn’t my passion. I found that I really started to fear the fact of working under someone else”.

Elijah, who grew up in South London now makes over £26,000 a month trading ‘binary options’. Binary options are basically estimates of an underlying asset’s performance during a given time frame. Instead of buying and selling stocks ‘in the market’, Binary Options just involves placing a bet on the direction of a stock without having to purchase a stock.

If the above hasn’t already inspired you enough then check this video of Elijah purchasing his new Lamborghini.

Interview with Elijah Oyefeso
So Elihaj, when & why did you start trading?

I started trading when I was just 17 years of age. However, I never really took it seriously until I left university. Starting early defintely helps with your general market perception, but I don’t think that it is essential!

The reason I started trading was because I was once browsing YouTube and came across a video of Tim Sykes (a famous penny stock trader) make over $5000 in a 15 minute video! I thought ‘if he can do it, why can’t I?!’.

What does a typical day for you involve?

A typical day for me involves getting up quite early to get a general awareness of the market, and I often start trading at around 10am. After I have finished trading (this varies between 30 minutes to 3-4hours) I go to the gym to let off some steam! I also put a lot of focus in to starting other businesses (I have around 5 projects going off at the minute). I go to my local church 3 times a week and I think most of my success comes from my faith.

How did you learn how to trade so profitably?

I learnt a lot through different media outlets, namely YouTube, blogs and books. I highly recommend YouTube as you can find exact trading strategy walk-throughs by experts such as Tim Sykes.

Most importantly, I learnt from my very expensive mistakes. It’s all good reading books about how not to follow your emotions when trading, however when you make a loss of £2000 because of following your heart not your head, the lesson really sinks in!

What do you think are the most important skills you need in order to trade successfully?

Three skills: Discipline, time and patience. All these skills can be developed, however you’ll never make profits trading in the long run without them.

Whats been your biggest profit [and loss]in one day?

My biggest profit in one day was £10300 in March this year. However, I’ve also had some pretty hefty losses (great lessons), of which my worst was £2000 in one day. Trading is a rollercoaster of profits and losses, however if there are more ups then downs, it’s a very fun ride!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Meet UK Born Nigerian, Olajide Olatunji Who Made Over $4.5 Million This Year on Youtube
[/size]

Olajide "JJ" Olatunji (born 19 June 1993),
better known by his YouTube username
Ksiolajidebt (stylised as KSIOlajideBT) or
simply KSI, is an English videogame
commentator, comedian and rapper. He is
best known for his YouTube channel, which
has, as of October 2015, reached over 10.6
million subscribers.Born in Watford,
Hertfordshire, he can sometimes be seen
wearing traditional Nigerian dress in his
videos. His surname "Olatunji" means
"Wealth awakes again" in Yoruba.
Before his successful channel, Olajide had a
YouTube channel (which is still online) called
JideJunior, which he created on 24 April
2008. Olajide opened his current YouTube
account on 24 July 2009, with a video about
the FIFA video game franchise.[ According to
his website, YouTubers such as Wepeeler and
Hjerpseth inspired him to start his own
YouTube career. His main channel is
primarily focused on FIFA, although he plays
other games such as Grand Theft Auto V and
other PC-based modifications on his
secondary channel. Olajide's family often
appear in his videos, especially his younger
brother Deji and his father.

[img]http://3.bp..com/--JB4U7GUD-c/VRy1PbCYhMI/AAAAAAAAA9Q/HGYBA77Psvs/s1600/CAbKg_CXIAEEXwt.jpg-large.jpeg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Nigerian Entrepreneur Maureen Obaweya Brands Her Luxury Designs With Developing World Market Flavors
[/size]

"Morin O Handbags (www.morin-o.com) makes a stunning addition to our new women's line of products." states Sakina Iskender, fashion director at Washington D.C's Take 5 Boutique, offering upscale Washington clientele a unique mix of exclusive European and global designs. (Take5Boutique.com). "We have sold quite a few from her collection."

According to a Babson College study, she is among the over 126 million women entrepreneurs running businesses in over 70 countries worldwide. The National Women's Business Council estimates there are over 8 million women-owned businesses in the United States. Despite a hectic schedule of operating three small businesses in Africa's fastest growing economy, Maureen (known as Morin in Nigeria ) expects to join their ranks. The open air craft markets of Senegal, Ghana, Cote' D'Ivoire and India which she visits at every opportunity, bring an excitement and flair to her new line of exotic leather good

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Founder & CEO of HealthPlus Limited and CasaBella International Limited[/size]

Bukky George is the Founder & CEO of HealthPlus Limited and CasaBella International Limited – a one stop beauty store. [size=15pt]HealthPlus is Nigeria’s first Integrative Pharmacy and Healthcare Provider and the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa.[/size] Bukky’s strengths include a strong academic foundation, a passion for excellence and a determination to raise the standards in retail.

She is a registered pharmacist with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain and the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria. She shares the benefits of focus, knowledge, networking and going the extra mile to succeed in life and business.

In 1987, I enrolled at the School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, now Faculty of Pharmacy, at the University of Lagos to study Pharmacy. In 1992, I graduated with five awards as the best student on completing my Pharmacy degree. I began my internship at Lagos University Teaching Hospital. In the evenings of my Internship year, I got my first hand experience on retail pharmacy, or community pharmacy as some like to call it, at Onyx Pharmacy, GRA, Ikeja. My national youth service was at Smithkline Beecham – now GSK. I enjoyed my time in production, quality control and sales departments. After service, I worked at May & Baker for a little while as a medical representative, and then returned to Smithkline Beecham, still as a med rep. The excellent training I received from these organisations helped me to hone my selling, exhibiting and presentation skills; transforming me into a confident young professional. I added value and often emerged the best representative of the month.

I worked for a total of four years with May & Baker and Smithkline Beecham, after which I got restless. I was aware of the need to find my true passion and fulfill my purpose in life. I had become a good salesman as a med representative. I loved organizing; I was enterprising, and always paid great attention to detail, which are some of the key success factors of a retailer. In 1999, I resigned as an assistant manager.

HealthPlus was incorporated as a limited liability company in December 1996 and started full operations as a registered pharmacy in April 1999. The company started small in an eighteen square meter store located in GRA Ikeja. Worthy of mention is the great advice I received from a good friend who worked for a consulting firm at the time. She told me not to start my business without articulating our mission, vision and core values. She gave me a Harvard Business Review article which taught how to craft a company’s mission, vision, core values, big hairy audacious goals (BHAGs) and strategy.

In 2008, we incorporated another company, CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella Beauty Supply, a one-stop store for grooming and beauty solutions for men and women, opened in July 2010 at The Palms Mall Lagos, but with ten branches now. CasaBella is a perfect compliment for HealthPlus, making use of the same back-end services: human resources, supply chain, accounts, audit, marketing, facilities and admin, IT. While HealthPlus is serious and conservative; CasaBella is fun and edgy. Over the past fifteen years, the business has grown to thirty strategic branches –with eleven more in the pipeline in 2014 – and over four hundred and twenty nine employees. We are taking steps to institutionalise the business. We aspire to be the Boots pharmacy of Nigeria.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-j9kQpiQ4g0E/Vrm_oxXSrzI/AAAAAAAAAoE/wlcQHZWkxiI/s1600/Bukky%2BGeorge.jpg[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3046049_screenshot20151106at5_54_42pm_jpegf043276985403b9df3fd40139d3987c2

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CEO of the Bobby Taylor Company
[/size]

The focused, vivacious and hardworking Bukola, is the CEO of the Bobby Taylor Company; a dynamic, steady and strong voice in the PR Industry.

The Bobby Taylor Company is a Publicity Services Company located in Lagos Nigeria. The company services sectors such as Corporate, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Luxury Beauty, Health, and Special Events.

Providing services such as Media Relations, Reputation Management, Strategic Communication, Advisory Services, Event Management and more, The Bobby Taylor Company is one of the go to companies in Nigeria for all of your PR needs.

Bukky Karibi-Whyte is also a motivational speaker and a women's advocate.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Emilokoiyawon: 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

They deleted 4 good pages. I will repost those information and move on to Science & Technology and Academia afterwards.
Had this thread been filled with anti-Yoruba propaganda, trust me, it would have moved to the front page. But because it's filled with Yoruba success stories, they deleted half the page.

See the bias they exhibit towards Yorubas?

cool Don't mind them - they are ONLY exposing their childish insecurities. Everyone knows we senior them die. cool

Gbayi jare - you have decimated them. cool

5 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Leading Lady of African fashion[/size]

One of the fore-runners of the Nigerian fashion industry, Deola has been crafting timeless pieces and gorgeous designs for over 25 years. She has placed Nigeria on the world map for all the right reasons. She seems to have passed the baton on to her daughters who are making waves with their CLAN label.

She was appointed Nigeria's representative to the United Nations World Food Program 'Catwalk the World: Fashion for Food' with the goal of raising money towards halving the number of hungry people in the world, particularly children, by 2015. Deola frequently exhibits her couture collection at Cape Town Fashion Week and has been an invited guest of New York Fashion Week in the past.

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52440ddbe4b03b33d728e5ea/t/55adf6bfe4b0d3237adc0d66/1437464291428/Screenshot+2015-07-21+09.37.08.png?format=2500w[/img]

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52440ddbe4b03b33d728e5ea/t/5468fb75e4b03457338bf201/1416166261782/?format=1500w[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

LMAO don't you even dare try to devalue another man's success with your victim mentality. At leasT Ibos got 20 pounds, how much did Yorubas get from the NIgerian government? grin When did Yoruba individuals benefit from the government? The lies y'all keep perpetuating catches up to you eventually. These new startups Yorubas are controlling, which government help did they get?
Many Ibos even benefitted from Awolowo's free education. So keep hush.
You will never surpass Yorubas. Trust me grin Your miracle center can keep helping you sha.
Why do you think Yorubaland controls e-commerce, industries, and agriculture? You think it was done overnight?
You lots claim that Ibos are businessmen, but Lagos and Ogun controls the business sector. Better wake up. You think Onithsa's market is business?

aressssa, modath, whathaveidone, and other Yorubas... how much money did your people get during the war? Igbos keep claiming that the war only affected them

You dey mind the werey. He should tell us how much all the Yoruba achievers being posted on this thread got during the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Whathaveidone:

You dey mind the werey. He should tell us how much all the Yoruba achievers being posted on this thread got during the civil war.

They claim to have a competitive nature, but that nature goes out the window when it concerns Yoruba. grin grin I wonder why.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt] Tiffany Amber label[/size]

In the late 90s, Folake Coker launched her Tiffany Amber label, revolutionizing the way women saw themselves, and fashion. Her timeless, feminine and floaty pieces are considered fashion must-haves.

Folake Coker first entered the world of fashion in 1996 when she designed a collection for herself upon returning to Nigeria to start Law School.

Born in Lagos, Folake schooled in Switzerland, England and Scotland. Despite qualifying as a lawyer with a Masters degree in Petroleum Law, her love for the world of fashion reigned supreme over all.

In November 1998, Folake launched Tiffany Amber revolutionizing the Nigerian Fashion Industry. Having spent most of her childhood in Europe, Folake successfully translated her passion to a foremost fashion brand in Africa with outstanding global recognition.

In 2008, Folake for the first time showcased at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York. The collection was heralded by such rave reviews that she was invited to showcase for the second time, making her the first African based designer to showcase for two consecutive shows at the New York Fashion Week. By 2009, in addition to her main line, Folake extended her creative borders by adding two more lines under Tiffany Amber Nigeria: TAN by Tiffany Amber (a Diffusion line) and Folake Folarin (a Couture line). Each line in distinctive but represents the designers iconic style.

The multi-award winning designer received the Designer of the year at the inaugural African Fashion Week (AFI) in 2009 in Johannesburg. In 2012, Franca Sozzani, Editor of Vogue Italia, met with Folake on her visit to Lagos, and was so impressed with the brand, she invited Folake to be a part of the Fashion for Development Project.

In 2013, Folake became the first African Fashion Designer to make the Forbes Women Power List. Also in 2013, the designer was awarded the Enterprise Award by the Women Inspiration and Enterprise (WIE).

In 2014, Folake launched her home line, Tiffany Amber Living, fortifying Tiffany Amber as a complete lifestyle brand. The home line captures the rich African culture embodied by the brand, and the high sophistication of fine living. In celebration of her brands 15th year anniversary, Folake launched a Women of Vision campaign, in partnership with Diamond Woman as a platform to mentor a younger generation of entrepreneurs.

16 years going, Folake remains one of the strongest forces in the African fashion industry.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]The richest black woman in the world[/size]

The richest black woman in the world, Folorunsho has business interests spanning fashion, oil and gas, and printing. She’s also a philanthropist and is the founder of the Rose of Sharon Foundation.

Mrs. Folorunso Alakija is a businesswoman who has forayed into uncharted territories. She is a philanthropist with a sincere desire to help the needy, a fashion icon with an infallible sense of style, a loving wife, a caring mother and doting grandmother, a friend in deed. Educated in Europe, she first embarked on a career in office administration, then she went into banking where she remained, until she took a leap of faith and followed her heart and creative calling to establish her own business in the Nigerian fashion industry. Her fashion house “Supreme Stitches” rose to prominence and fame within a few years, and later, as “Rose of Sharon House of Fashion”, became a household name.

As National President and lifelong Trustee of the Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN), she left an indelible mark, promoting Nigerian culture through fashion and style. Ever the entrepreneur, Mrs. Alakija has set up related businesses: The Rose of Sharon Prints & Promotions which specializes in monogramming, heat/picture transfer and screen printing for promotional and gift items, and Digital Reality Print Ltd which specializes in highly technical digital large format printing. She remains the only female in that industry in Nigeria to date. She included a direct imaging paper printing press to coincide with her 60th birthday in July 2011. She oversees the Rose of Sharon Group as the Group Managing Director and she is also the Executive Vice Chairman of her family’s oil exploration and production business, FAMFA Oil Limited , seeing to its strategic planning and day to day administration. In addition to these, Folorunso is the Executive Vice Chairman of Dayspring Property Development Company Limited, a real estate company with investments in different parts of the world.

When reflecting on her achievements, Folorunso’s foremost reaction is always to give glory to God and to share the secrets of her success. A born again Christian since 1991, she draws her strength from her unfaltering belief in the power and glory of God. With a sincere desire to give to those in need in the name of the Lord, her philanthropic endeavours, such as the Rose of Sharon Foundation, continue to influence her native land positively by empowering widows and their families, as well as orphans, to be successful through educational programmes and scholarships. In obedience to the word of God and working according to His will and purpose, Folorunso and her husband founded a house fellowship which has grown to become a full-fledged Christian Ministry known as the Rose of Sharon Glorious Ministry International. She has authored several books including, “University of Marriage”, “Alone with God”, (a free Christian Devotional) her autobiography, “Growing with the Hand that Gives the Rose”, and “The Cry of Widows and Orphans”. Most of them are available online at – www.amazon.com.

At 64, Mrs. Alakija oversees her businesses and philanthropic enterprises working tirelessly and with boundless energy. She follows her evangelical calling with unbridled devotion, hoping to inspire the public, most especially the youth and women from all walks of life by sharing her values and her motto: “whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well” through motivational talks and speeches. In her speeches, as an encouragement to others, she reveals and introduces her covenant keeping God.

She accepts many invitations to speak and is acclaimed, nationally and internationally, in recognition of all her philanthropic work and endeavours.

She lives in Lagos, Nigeria with Modupe Alakija her beloved husband of almost four decades, their four sons and grandchildren.

[size=14pt]Mama in her 60s ....... Yoruba's black don't crack grin grin grin[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2206410_folorunshoalakija_jpegfd026fe64e6661ba0dad4e553d2cb9ad

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by ObikeNkem: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just look at how we Igbos ended up disgracing ourselves on a thread we created. The Yoruba's are our Lord and Masters. We Igbos have been condemned to always worship them

5 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CEO & Founder of Zapphaire events[/size]

Diminutive, bright, sparky and creative. Funke Bucknor-Obruthe is the CEO of Zapphaire events; one of Nigeria’s biggest event management companies. She’s also the author “The Essential Bridal Handbook,” and is set to begin airing her own television series on events management.

Zapphaire Events is an Event Consultancy, Marketing, Planning and Management company. We are also Event Producers and Public Relations Consultants with the sole mission of consistently providing excellent services for all event needs.
Recognizing the immense significance of managing every event – individual or corporate – with great poise, our visionary Creative Director - Mrs. Funke Bucknor-Obruthe, founded Zapphaire Events in 2003.With a staff strength of over 10 Event Co-ordinators and over 200 liaison staff, Zapphaire Events has become the benchmark of planning all categories of events. At Zapphaire Events, the emphasis is on making each event unique, distinct, and excellent.
Our organizational flair and serious attention to detail provides the platform upon which we transform the mundane to magical.

OUR STRATEGY
From our initial consultation, our team of Event Designers will take your brief and make it peculiar to you or your company on your ideal event. Every information obtained from you will be handled with our expertise to ensure that your vision for the event is realized. A proposal is presented which outlines every aspect or area for which we would be working on and once approved, the job agreement is signed.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by lisimmo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
SONofYORUBA:
Yoruba

[size=18pt]The richest black woman in the world[/size]

The richest black woman in the world, Folorunsho has business interests spanning fashion, oil and gas, and printing. She’s also a philanthropist and is the founder of the Rose of Sharon Foundation.

Mrs. Folorunso Alakija is a businesswoman who has forayed into uncharted territories. She is a philanthropist with a sincere desire to help the needy, a fashion icon with an infallible sense of style, a loving wife, a caring mother and doting grandmother, a friend in deed. Educated in Europe, she first embarked on a career in office administration, then she went into banking where she remained, until she took a leap of faith and followed her heart and creative calling to establish her own business in the Nigerian fashion industry. Her fashion house “Supreme Stitches” rose to prominence and fame within a few years, and later, as “Rose of Sharon House of Fashion”, became a household name.

As National President and lifelong Trustee of the Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN), she left an indelible mark, promoting Nigerian culture through fashion and style. Ever the entrepreneur, Mrs. Alakija has set up related businesses: The Rose of Sharon Prints & Promotions which specializes in monogramming, heat/picture transfer and screen printing for promotional and gift items, and Digital Reality Print Ltd which specializes in highly technical digital large format printing. She remains the only female in that industry in Nigeria to date. She included a direct imaging paper printing press to coincide with her 60th birthday in July 2011. She oversees the Rose of Sharon Group as the Group Managing Director and she is also the Executive Vice Chairman of her family’s oil exploration and production business, FAMFA Oil Limited , seeing to its strategic planning and day to day administration. In addition to these, Folorunso is the Executive Vice Chairman of Dayspring Property Development Company Limited, a real estate company with investments in different parts of the world.

When reflecting on her achievements, Folorunso’s foremost reaction is always to give glory to God and to share the secrets of her success. A born again Christian since 1991, she draws her strength from her unfaltering belief in the power and glory of God. With a sincere desire to give to those in need in the name of the Lord, her philanthropic endeavours, such as the Rose of Sharon Foundation, continue to influence her native land positively by empowering widows and their families, as well as orphans, to be successful through educational programmes and scholarships. In obedience to the word of God and working according to His will and purpose, Folorunso and her husband founded a house fellowship which has grown to become a full-fledged Christian Ministry known as the Rose of Sharon Glorious Ministry International. She has authored several books including, “University of Marriage”, “Alone with God”, (a free Christian Devotional) her autobiography, “Growing with the Hand that Gives the Rose”, and “The Cry of Widows and Orphans”. Most of them are available online at – www.amazon.com.

At 64, Mrs. Alakija oversees her businesses and philanthropic enterprises working tirelessly and with boundless energy. She follows her evangelical calling with unbridled devotion, hoping to inspire the public, most especially the youth and women from all walks of life by sharing her values and her motto: “whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well” through motivational talks and speeches. In her speeches, as an encouragement to others, she reveals and introduces her covenant keeping God.

She accepts many invitations to speak and is acclaimed, nationally and internationally, in recognition of all her philanthropic work and endeavours.

She lives in Lagos, Nigeria with Modupe Alakija her beloved husband of almost four decades, their four sons and grandchildren.

[size=14pt]Mama in her 60s ....... Yoruba's black don't crack grin grin grin[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2206410_folorunshoalakija_jpegfd026fe64e6661ba0dad4e553d2cb9ad

Oya chop knuckle. Wa gbayi. Keep em coming

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Emerging Female Entrepreneurs To Watch In Africa - Forbes[/size]

Imoteda Aladekomo, Heels In The Kitchen

No one expected West African food to emerge as the world’s healthiest when Lancet Global Health’s reviewed of dietary habits from around the globe earlier this summer. Unfortunately, you won’t find much African food on the world stage as other cuisines such as Italian, Chinese and Indian are the go-to choices for international palettes. Cordon Bleu trained chef Imoteda Aladekomo has plans to change that by globalizing African food, starting with her native Nigerian dishes. She wants to use television as a platform to show the richness and diversity in the dishes and make it more accessible to non-Africans. With a show already filmed and plans underway to expand to merchandising, Chef Tomi may become the next biggest cooking star.

[img]http://cofoundher.files./2015/09/tomialadekomo.png?w=662[/img]

Kasope Ladipo-Ajai, Omo Alata Foods

Omo Alata, the Yoruba name for spice seller is a budding food processing company that wants to simplify the way Nigerians cook their food. As a busy wife and computer science graduate Kasope Ladipo-Ajai no longer had the 2-3 hours it took to make a standard stew or soup after facing hours of traffic plus a full workday. Spending time abroad she saw how quick service and prepackaged meals made life easier for busy families, especially working moms. While busy urbanites are having trouble accessing and cooking fresh meals, millions of pounds of produce go to waste during long transit times to urban centers. Kasope and her husband Olatayo founded Omo Alata Foods to provide ready to cook pepper and stew products and tap into the rapidly growing middle class consumer and desire for high quality packaged foods.

[img]http://yafri.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Omo-Alata-2.png[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Multi-award-winning Journalist, broadcaster and blogger
[/size]

Iyanda is a multi-award-winning Journalist, broadcaster and blogger. She is the host of Talk With Funmi, a highly popular TV show which journeys Nigeria, from state to state, capturing people and conversations around the country. She is an African Leadership Institute Tutu Fellow and a fellow of the ASPEN Institute’s African Leadership Initiative.

She is an award-winning broadcaster, journalist, columnist and blogger. She produced and hosted Nigeria’s popular and authoritative talk show New Dawn with Funmi, which aired on the national network for over eight years. She was recently named one of Forbes 20 Youngest Power Women in Africa. Funmi is also something of a thought leader and a social commentator. We love her energy, her passion and her focus, and yes, we want her back on T.V!

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CEO & Founder of Gbemisoke Shoeline
[/size]

From her early days as an OAP on Cool FM, Gbemi has displayed a consistency and earthiness, that is so refreshing. Now at Beat FM, Gbemi continues to be at forefront of On Air Personalities that are a genuine delight to listen to.
She also launched her shoe line earlier this May- Gbemisoke.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CEO & Founder of Lotus Capital Limited[/size]

Hajara Adeola is the Managing Director of Lotus Capital Limited, a Nigerian pioneer in Shari’ah compliant Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Advisory Services and Financial Advisory Services. A first class graduate of Finance, [size=14pt]her company is also the first to successfully raise a Halal fund in Nigeria.[/size]

Hajara Adeola is the Managing Director of Lotus Capital Limited, a Nigerian pioneer in Shari'ah compliant Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Advisory Services and Financial Advisory Services. She comes to Lotus Capital from UBS Warburg where she was a Director heading their London Islamic Finance Desk. Prior to joining UBS, she was a Convertible Bond Research Analyst at BNP Paribas, London.

Hajara Adeola began her career as a consultant at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). From there she joined ARM Investment Managers as a pioneer staff and rose to Vice-President and Head of the Research and Financial Advisory Units. In all, she has over 20 years of international experience in research and analysis, investment management and corporate finance.

She holds an M.Sc in Finance from Durham University where she specialized in Islamic Finance. She also holds an MBA in International Management from Exeter University and a B.Sc in Pharmacology from King's College, London. Mrs. Adeola is the first President of the Fund Manager's Association of Nigeria and a West African Fellow of the Aspen Leadership Initiative. She is also the Chairperson of the Securities & Exchange Commission’s non-interest capital market 10 year master plan committee and a Director of the Aliko Dangote Foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Helen Paul[/size]

Entrepreneurship
Helen opened a bridal and fabric boutique in Lagos in 2012, called "Massive Fabrics and Bridals". She has since proceeded to open three other outlets of the Boutique in different parts of Lagos. In 2014, she opened a film and theater academy, named "Helen Paul Theater and Film Academy". The Academy is equipped with the latest facilities in the world of technology. It consists of a dance studio, a makeup studio, a recording studio, a rehearsal studio, a photo studio, a mainly digital library, an editing studio, and a hostel for students who enrol for courses in the Academy and are interested in taking up such accommodation. The Academy is a multi-million naira project and Helen would later state, in the various interviews she granted, that the opening of the Academy is a dream come true, "having nurtured the ambition from childhood". She further explained that the initiative is geared towards contributing her own quota to the development of the entertainment sector, and education in general. Some of the courses that will be offered in the institution include Cinematography, Acting, Video Editing, Photography, Dance, Basic Presentation, Costuming and Sewing, Hair Styling, Sound Engineering, and Graphics Design.

Apart from these projects, Helen continues to work on several others that are in the pipeline. These include a talk show, movie projects, music projects, etc.

Endorsements
In 2014, she was appointed as an ambassador by Telecommunications giant, Globacom. Speaking about the endorsement, she admitted that she is extremely happy about it, as Globacom is a massive brand that everybody loves to be associated with.[9] In 2015, she was appointed as Ambassador for the Harpic brand. She was also appointed as an ambassador for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which appointment was made before the March 28 General Elections in Nigeria. She also has other endorsements to her credit, including GoTV,[10] a cable television station owned by Multichoice, and Olumide Emmanuel's "School of Money[11]".

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
[size=18pt]Yoruba women - You have my respect[/size]
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by SONofYORUBA: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Founder and CEO of The Chair Centre Group[/size]

Ibukun Awosika is the founder and CEO of The Chair Centre Group- The companies in the group include The Chair Centre Limited, Sokoa Chair Centre Limited, Furniture Manufacturers Mart Limited, and TCC Systems and Services Limited and are involved in furniture manufacturing, retail and bank-way security systems services. Ibukun serves on a number of corporate and not-for-profit boards amongst which are: First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Cadbury Nigeria Plc., Convention on Business Integrity (CBI), and the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority.

She chairs the boards of FBN Capital Limited; Afterschool Graduate Development Centre (AGDC) - a facility which she promoted to help address youth employability and enterprise issues in Nigeria; and was past Chairman, FBN Life Assurance Limited. Ibukun is a graduate of Chemistry from University of Ife, Nigeria; an alumnae of the Chief Executive Programme of Lagos Business School; the Global Executive MBA of IESE Business School, Barcelona-Spain; and Global CEO Programme of Wharton, IESE and C.E.I.B.S Business Schools. With high interest in social issues including women, Ibukun is a co-founder and past chairperson of Women in Business and Management, and Public Service (WIMBIZ). An ordained Pastor and founder of the Christian Missionary Fund; Ibukun, through this faith-based organization works with hundreds of missionaries spread across Nigeria to change lives through provision of medical, educational, and other supplies.

As a fellow of the African Leadership Initiative and Aspen Global Leadership network, member of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG), served on National Job Creation Committee (NCJC), and sits on the International Advisory Board of IESE Business School, Barcelona-Spain. She loves to watch investigative and legal series in her leisure time. She is happily married to Abiodun Awosika and they are blessed with three wonderful sons.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Uche Ogah Inspects His Master Energy City Project In Abia State(pics) / Priests Visit Nnamdi Kanu And His Wife In Umuahia (Photos) / Sanitary pads, 19 others excluded from VAT hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.