Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,987 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Hidden truth about Igbo - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden truth about Igbo (37072 Views)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / See What I Saw On Facebook About Igbo / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]World’s youngest filmmaker - World's Youngest Diplomat
[/size]

In the African Independent, she is described as Africa’s youngest diplomat: “She’s 13 years old but Zuriel Oduwole has the experience of a seasoned diplomat. She has addressed more than 23,000 children in nine countries about the need to get an education, and interviewed 14 heads of state, including the presidents of Tanzania, Liberia, Kenya, Malawi, South Sudan, Nigeria and Cape Verde.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
36xtr09r:

[s]Yaribanza chest-pounder, here lies the answer you seek as provided by sensible Yorubas. If you've any query or grievance do well to give them a call.
"For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don't forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective."
Maj. Gen Adebayo Adeyinka (rtd.)
https://www.nairaland.com/3173893/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu[/s]

Trash

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by xmich(m): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
YorubaFynest:
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CEO of Intern Avenue
[/size]

Modupeola “Dupsy” Abiola said on her appearance on the Deagons’ Den; “I come from an entrepreneurial family, my father was a big entrepreneur, and I have always been passionate about business…he was a very successful entrepreneur and philanthropist…He is an inspiration to me, he was really passionate about business.” Modupeola “Dupsy” Abiola is 31 year old daughter of Nigerian business tycoon and philanthropist, M.K.O Abiola.

Dupsy Abiola is a British barrister, entrepreneur and businesswoman. She is the founder and CEO of Intern Avenue, an online internship website designed to connect employers with students and graduates.

Described as a “serial achiever”, Dupsy appeared on the Thomson Reuters Power List named as one of the most influential black businesswomen in Great Britain in 2013.

At aged nine, Dupe Abiola independently set up a business producing and selling Puzzle magazines at school with a friend at school making a “tidy profit”. MKO Abiola was a strong influence on her interest in business.

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Bestselling Authors in Hollywood, United States Of America[/size]

Nigerian author and respected motivational speaker, business consultant, wealth strategist, Bunmi Apampa has won the 2015 Quality Award of the “Golden Gail” awards, from the National Academy for Bestselling Authors in Hollywood, United States Of America.

Apampa, who is the first Nigerian to win the prestigious award outside the shores of the country, won the coveted prize after joining a select group of entrepreneurs from around the world along with, Mark Victor Hansen to co-write the bestselling book Boom.

The project saw the world’s leading entrepreneurs and professionals reveal their secrets to improving health, wealth and lifestyle through their explosive techniques.

Apampa, who hails from Idanre in Ondo State, explained that the bestselling book; Boom is all about experts coming together to make impact on how to live a wealthy, healthy and wise life.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
[s]
YorubaFynest:
Trash
[/s]

[size=14pt]Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians[/size]

"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
- Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
36xtr09r:
[s][/s]
[s]Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians
"...my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity...."
- Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye
https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html[/s]

Trash

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Professor Honored by National Geography Group
[/size]

[img]http://www2.cortland.edu/resize_image?path=/dotAsset/bf0c1535-fb78-49bd-8c25-570dea9acf07.jpg&w=250[/img]

SUNY Cortland Professor Ibipo Johnston-Anumonwo will be recognized for her innovative and transformational approaches in curricular and co-curricular activities by the Association of American Geographers (AAG).

Johnston-Anumonwo, who has served on the Geography Department faculty for 28 years, will receive the 2016 AAG Distinguished Teaching Honors on Saturday, April 2, in San Francisco. Including her, only seven people have received the award since 1996.

AAG Honors are the highest awards offered by the AAG and are presented annually to recognize outstanding accomplishments by members in research and scholarship, teaching, education, service to the discipline, public service outside academe and for lifetime achievement.

Johnston-Anumonwo is credited by the association with maintaining an exemplary record as a teacher-scholar in undergraduate research, graduate courses, in-service teachers’ workshops and pre-K to high school presentations during her career at SUNY Cortland.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by 36xtr09r: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
[s]
YorubaFynest:
Trash
[/s]

Here's a message from a Nigerdeltan:

WombRaiders:
Yoruba wants one Nijeriya because they are afraid of having us in the better south (ND and SE) Leave them alone with ab0ki.

It is not just a matter of financial exigency but a matter of survival.

For all the hatred they show towards the Ibos, the Yoruba needs the Ibo to thwart any jihad from the north.

So to my Ibo brothers and sisters, what I can conclude from this yoruba madness and obsession towards Biafr@ movement is actually shrouded in deep fear of being left alone with their northern masters.

Adeboye will be converted to Islam. Tunde Bakare will return back to Islam.

The Yoruba is actually throwing tantrums over Biafr@ because they need YOU IBOS to remain to protect them just as they need us in the ND to keep feeding them.

The Yoruba is an ingrate coward!

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Meet The 24-Years Inspiring & Ambitious Young Nigerian Whose New Juice Is Taking The UK Over![/size]

Tola James is a 24-year-old Nigerian and British entrepreneur who is the owner and founder of Nari Juice, a drink made from coconut palm sap. He is also co-founder of Go Getters Global, a network for entrepreneurs based in the UK with a passion for Africa and managing partner of investment firm Bridgewater Holdings. He’s raised £60,000 from investors and Nari Juice is stocked in some of the best shops in the UK. He talks about his Nigerian grandfather, his belief in God and what’s next for coconut sap.

Nari is now sold across 21 outlets after one month of trade within the UK including Selfridge, one of the UK’s most prestigious and premium department stores.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]How Youtube Helped Turn A 30 Year Old Nigerian Graduate To A Millionaire Motor Mechanic[/size]

Somewhere in Nigeria’s commercial nerve, Lagos, 30-year-old Taiwo Abiri is living his dream of making money by getting his hands dirty. For years he watched Youtube videos on car repairs and tried his hands a couple of times on things after learning on Youtube. In fact, Taiwo’s first engine oil change for a car was done following steps he had learnt on Youtube. To him, the video streaming platform played a critical role in shaping his dream for the future. Years of watching such videos and reading a lot of books about how automobiles work had piqued his interest in car repairs and he never went for the MBA his parents wanted for him. Two of his friends studied with him ahead of their application and they both did well; one went to France, the other to the United States but Taiwo chose to stay back in Nigeria and learn how to repair cars. His friends are doing well now, but Taiwo is not doing badly either; last year he made a revenue of N25 million ($126,000) at his makeshift shop. He moved to a bigger place towards the end of last year and he said he was just getting started. “I haven’t even done up to half of what I have in my business plan,” Taiwo told me.

“I wanted to go to a technical school in the U.S. to learn about car repairs but I couldn’t because my parents were not supportive. I did not want to go for my NYSC. The school had already taken me but the money was a lot. I couldn’t pay. They just wanted me to do an MBA. My Dad said being a mechanic was bad of a university graduate,” Taiwo Abiri recounted.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Prof. Deji Akinwande Named Recipient of Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers[/size]

Deji Akinwande has been selected to receive (link is external) a 2016 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) by President Obama, the United States government’s highest honor for scientists and engineers in the early stages of research. Prof. Akinwande is an associate professor in electrical and computer engineering and the Jack Kilby/Texas Instruments Endowed Faculty Fellow in Computer Engineering in the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin.

He is among 106 recipients announced by the White House on Thursday. The winners, who will be honored at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., this spring, were selected for having research that is both innovative and beneficial to society. Prof. Akinwande is one of two PECASE recipients from The University of Texas at Austin. The other recipient is Prof. Keji Lai from the Department of Physics.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]How This Power Mom Disrupted the $121 Billion Skin Care Industry From Her Kitchen
[/size]

Funlayo Alabi needed a natural, effective solution for her son's eczema, so she turned to a tried-and-true West African remedy, shea butter. Seven years later, she is running a skin care company that is poised to top $300 million by 2020.

Today, Shea Radiance has over 20 different hair and skin products that are distributed through their partner, Select Nutrition that services over 7,000 stores throughout the U.S. In addition to the brick and mortar sales, they are ramping up ecommerce and international channels, especially in Europe and the Gulf states that are desperate for their products. Based on current growth, sales for Shea Radiance products will gross over $300 million by 2020.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by ObikeNkem: 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
YorubaFynest:
This is how we Igbos develop Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is what you call TOTAL DECIMATION!

Choi!!! shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]LIHA Beauty[/size]

The founders are Liha Okunniwa and Abi Oyepitan who champion natural ingredients in skincare but also want to shine a light on traditional Yoruban beauty, where women make their own beauty products and learn how to prepare natural ingredients from a young age.

What and who inspires you now?

Abi: I think now what inspires me are the many women we’ve met since launching LIHA Beauty. I’ve been inspired and humbled by the support we’ve received from so many women who are also trying to build something and pave the way. Women like Sharmadean Reid who has been beyond supportive and her advice has been invaluable. Women like Michele Scott-Lynch founder of the brand Boucleme and Akosua Afriyie-Kumi founder of AAKs.

It’s a powerful thing when women are bound together as a supportive force to bring each other along.

Liha: Definitely all the women we meet, and all women in general! I find the fact that feminism isn’t a dirty word anymore inspiring, and the idea that some of that could be down to a book written by a Nigerian woman
I find the diversity of the Yoruba Diaspora inspiring. It’s amazing the impact it has had on so much of todays culture, and how you can see it everywhere from Brazil to Cuba to the United states.

I’m currently reading a book called A Time Before Crack by Jamal Shabazz about early hip hop culture, which is another constant inspiration for me, and a book called New Atlantis about how musicians survived in post -Katrina New Orleans.

Can you tell us more about Yoruban beauty?

Liha:[size=14pt] In Yoruba culture there it is normal for women to make their own beauty products from a young age, and learn how to use natural ingredients like coconut oil, or plantain ash which is used in Black soap.[/size] Now more people are into natural ingredients we wanted to shine a light on the amazing ingredients and techniques from Nigeria, which is why we have used Yoruba language for the names. We will take traditional recipes and tweak them, by adding a British twist. For example, we couldn’t leave the plantain skins to dry in the sun in rainy England! So instead we roasted them in the oven and added English Rose essentials oil, and carefully selected ingredients from Africa like Molasses and skin brightening Moringa. We are trying to think really far ahead, so that as our production grows in size, the crops we use will have a we can have a positive socio-political impact on the world around us.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]CNBC Africa’s Entrepreneur of the Week Show Features Inspiring Nigerian Women in Business
[/size]

The slot has featured the business stories of Ibukun Awosika of the Chair Centre, Nike Ogunlesi of Ruff ‘n’ Tumble, Nike Davies-Okundaye of Nike Art Gallery, Bukky George of Health Plus, Lisa Folawiyo of Jewel by Lisa, Tayo Bolodeoku of Hans and Rene, Bolanle Austen-Peters of Terra Kulture, Udo Okonjo of Fine & Country West Africa, Omoyemi Akerele of Lagos Fashion and Design Week, Bilikiss Adebiyi-Abiola of Wecyclers, Leke Alder of Alder Consulting, Anselm Tabansi of Fahrenheit Hospitality, Sade Awe of the Inner Circle and Funmi Victor-Okigbo of No Surprises. Bella Naija caught up with Didi Akinyelure for more.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
JohnXcel:
This what you call TOTAL DECIMATION!

Choi!!! shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

The only reason they call Ibos industrialist is because Yorubas are too quiet.

Ibos think Fanyogo hawking, oil theft and drug dealing na business grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]How a Nigerian built an African e-commerce empire from his bedroom[/size]

Chris Folayan, founder and CEO of Mall for Africa, a new business empire on the rise that started with humble beginning

Mall for Africa is also a platform that empowers Africans. For example, we help schools with books, supplies, computers and educational material. We help hospitals order equipment they were not able to get shipped to them before. We have also helped many people start businesses. One day I got an email from a lady who was so grateful for the Mall for Africa platform as she was able to order a sewing machine no one else was ever willing to bring or ship to her. When she received the item she finally started her own small business with the only sewing machine in her small town.
[b][size=14pt]We plan on expanding to Ghana, Tanzania, Congo, Ethiopia, Botswana and more African countries[/size] [/b]where we are currently doing some market analysis. We also have great affiliate/reseller programmes that help with our in-country expansions. Allowing people on the ground and in-country become part of our family and growth story.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Onanuga: Making a mark in the IT world[/size]

It was quite easy for Obafemi Onanuga to build his profitable online business. The 29-year-old founder and CEO of Obiwezy.com, a site that deals exclusively with IT wares has always been passionate about technology right from childhood. This was further reinforced by his experiences at the Nigerian Institute of Information Technology (NIIT), where he got to learn the nitty-gritty details of IT operations.

The Ogun State indigene from Ijebu Ode grew up in Lagos and is the third child from a family of three. He had both his primary and secondary education in the southern part of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by Femiwilli: 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
[size=15pt]Igbo People this guy explains why Nigerians hate you so much.
Dem dey fear una
[/size]

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid the igbos will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Founder & CEO of Gamsole — a Nigerian gaming company[/size]

Olaniran, 27, is the founder and CEO of Gamsole — a Nigerian gaming company, Olaniran founded the company in 2012, and it has venture backing from 88mph, a Kenyan seed fund. The company’s games now have more than 9 million downloads both locally and internationally on the Windows Phone store.

Forbes has released a list of the most promising young African entrepreneurs under 35 for 2016. Abiola Olaniran, who made the list last year, reappears in this year’s list. He is joined by 4 other Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Dress Me Outlet
[/size]

Olatorera Oniru, 28, is the founder of Dressmeoutlet.com – a Nigerian e-tailer of fashion products, health & beauty products and home-goods. Dressmeoutlet stocks more than 1,000 products from premium designers globally. Dressmeoutlet ships worldwide and currently has customers in different states across Nigeria, Uganda and the United States of America. The company now employs more than 20 full-time employees and has funding offers from notable investors including Nigerian investor Tony Elumelu.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Femiwilli:
Igbo People this guy explains why Nigerians hate you so much.
Dem dey fear una

It's very pathetic that Ibos need to create IDs, pretend to be Yorubas to make soundless claims. You for example, you're Ibo but you're using a Yoruba name as your ID.
I pity una when this country breaks apart grin grin grin grin
Technologically sound ko lmaooo

5 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by totit: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
grin

This is what I call fin-li-shin grin

Kikikikikiki

I love these gan ni grin

3 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by totit: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
YorubaFynest:

It's very pathetic that Ibos need to create IDs, pretend to be Yorubas to make soundless claims.
I pity una when this country breaks apart grin grin grin grin
Technologically sound ko lmaooo

Don't mind the Mofo abeg grin
Dem plenty for N.L. Mind you, do they that when they are pained or their ego has been decimated. grin

4 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Niyi Okuboyejo’s Menswear Line Brings Ancient Nigerian Art Into Modern American Fashion
[/size]

Niyi Okuboyejo is worried one of his twin boys will get ahold of his scissors; a bookcase is all that separates his living room from the studio of his menswear brand, Post-Imperial. Silk scarves, bolts of fabric, pens and pads, and (yes) scissors festoon this corner of the Harlem apartment. As we sit together, dub music burbling in the background, Okuboyejo leafs through one of his textile books and reflects on the differences between Post-Imperial and typical Nigerian menswear.

"Nigerians, we like to dress well, but the way I dress is much more relaxed," he says. Okuboyejo's pants are roomy enough to let him sit cross-legged on his couch, illustrating the point. "Most Nigerians like to dress British. You know, sturdy suits, really padded, and to me, it makes no sense," he says, wiping imaginary sweat from his brow. He explains that by noon in Lagos, he's the last of his friends still wearing a jacket, because his is made of unlined cotton. "I guess it's part of the colonial mentality that we still have — we all want to dress like our colonial masters."

Post-Imperial is a far cry from that heavy, buttoned-up style, and in only four years, Okuboyejo has managed to mesmerize fashion cognoscenti like Yasuto Kamoshita and Scott Schuman while earning accolades in magazines like GQ and Vogue Italia. Complex included Post-Imperial among major labels like Public School and Hood by Air in its list of "9 Brands Who Are Breaking All the Rules."

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
totit:

Don't mind the Mofo abeg grin
Dem plenty for N.L. Mind you, do they that when they are pained or their ego has been decimated. grin

Lolllllll

You see that 3xxxrt troll trying to divert my attention with copy/paste? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
All Yoruba boys

[size=18pt]Nigeria’s Team Humane makes it to Microsoft Imagine Cup World Finals [/size]

Humane was developed by Victor Shoaga, Ayodele Obasegun, Oyatope Blessing and Otaru Babatunde

Following the intense Nigeria National Finals that took place in Lagos and other National Finals in various countries across the globe, more than 150 top teams from the National Finals events went on to the World Semifinals where they were judged by a global panel of MVPs, industry experts and Microsoft staff. The judges were asked to select only the best, most compelling projects from teams vying to move on to the World Finals, the final stage of the competition.

At the World Finals, the remaining teams will compete to be crowned as the champions in their respective categories and the chance to win $50,000. Then, one team will go on to win the coveted Imagine Cup and the grand prize, a private mentoring session with Microsoft’s Chief Executive Officer, Satya Nadella.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Mayowa Nicholas is the First Nigerian Model to be Featured in a Dolce & Gabbana Campaign![/size]

Nigerian model Mayowa Nicholas is now the first Nigerian to be featured in a Dolce & Gabbana campaign for their Fall/Winter 2016 campaign shoot in Napoli, Italy.

Signed to Beth Models Nigeria, Mayowa Nicholas is definitely making a name for herself since she won the Elite Model Look competition in 2014.

The campaign was shot on the streets of the Italian city of Naples by Franco Pagetti and will appear on billboards and magazines across the world. It features a cast of gorgeous models like Bianca Balti, Leila Goldkuhl, Sasha Kichigina, Mayowa Nichola, Cong He and everyday people, little children and grandparents in a celebration of the brand’s Italian heritage.

Mayowa took to her Instagram page to express her joy.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]23-YEAR-OLD NIGERIAN USES FUELEDUP APP TO ADDRESS FUEL SCARCITY IN THE COUNTRY
[/size]

Subomi Owo-Odusi, a 23-year-old Nigerian has said that by May 2016, his innovative app FueledUp will be fully functional. The app is designed to spare Nigerians the trouble of sleeping in queues while trying to get fuel in times of scarcity, like in the current crisis. As a result of incessant queues and black market activities, there are insane traffic jams (especially in metropolitan cities like Lagos) as well as a hike in the price of everything from transportation to foodstuff.

In a country where controversial issues are usually greeted with the occasional outbursts on social media and not much else, Odusi has been able to use the present situation in Nigeria to drive innovation and create a solution.

The FueledUp app will be available on a large scale by the end of May, and although a lot of Nigerians may think this is just another unnecessary invention from a ‘hungry’ young man, the app presents an alternative to waiting for hours to get fuel or being cheated by black market hustlers.

After downloading the app on any of the available platforms, the customer can discover the prices available through the “Get FueledUp” button. After this, they enter their car information and how much petrol they need as well as the delivery time. Odusi, who has worked at a fuel distribution company, says that customers do not need to be afraid of added charges as the cost of the fuel and transportation is relatively low. After requesting fuel, customers will pop their fuel tanks or be present during delivery and voila! they get their notifications on their devices that they’ve been refilled and they are ready to go wherever.

Customers are free to purchase between 20 litres to 40 litres of fuel with a minimum of 18 litres. For payment, customers will perform a cashless transaction for the services they receive from FueledUp. If you are worried about how Odusi plans to sustain the business in times of crisis, he says his background and contacts at depots in Lagos will ensure his company gets the fuel they need.

Certainly, this is like a breath of fresh air for many Lagosians who would rather have fuel brought to them than have to go out scavenging for it but the question is, will FueledUp be willing to sell fuel to customers to power their generating sets? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]This startup wants to help you get round Nigeria’s formidable business red tape
[/size]

Founded by Bola Olonisakin, Funkola Odeleye and Odunoluwa Longe, the three ladies are already winning accolades just four months after opening shop. Last month, they picked up SME Empowerment Innovation Challenge for East and West Africa at the Innovating Justice Awards which aims to turn ‘promising and disruptive ideas into effective innovations’. The award also came with a $40,000 cash prize.

[img]http://qzprod.files./2016/01/diylaw-press-release-picture-2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=640[/img]

1 Like

Re: Hidden truth about Igbo by YorubaFynest: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yoruba

[size=18pt]Victor Adepoju's Wifi-Enabled Taxi In Ghana[/size]

“Ghanaians spend a lot of time stuck in traffic. Most of us understand just how frustrating that can be, but my new initiative in Ghana is making the gridlock just a little more bearable.”

These were the words of a Ghana-based Nigerian businessman, Victor Odepoju, who has kick start an internet-enabled-taxi cab business in Ghana’s capital, Accra.

According to Victor the idea to run a wifi-enabled-taxi cab business was to give the taxi cab business in Ghana a new facelift and keep passengers connected to the internet even as they spend several hours in traffic.

Explaining how he conceived the innovative idea to The al-hAJJ in an exclusive interview, Mr Adepoju noted “I have listen to folks complained about leaving their valuables in anonymous taxis and whenever they called the drivers insults them so I thought about it and decided to do something that will make the customers feel secure and comfortable”.

He added that “…also charges by taxis these days are quite unbearable so I have decided to make my services affordable. Then looking at the traffic in town; seeing passengers bored in the taxis I decided to add free wifi in addition to refreshment.”

The taxi-cab driver stated that he commenced business in Ghana with a Ford Fist 2012 model in June, but one of his customers “was impressed with my idea and decided to add one of his car to it for the same business. So now we have two cars we are using as taxis and both are wifi-enabled.”

“I was at Honey Suckle, a restaurant at Osu, picking clients and a man spotted the cab and he approached me…so he said he likes what I am doing that he had a car in his compound that he is not using. So he decided to invest it. I beg him to paint it yellow because that is how I painted the Ford I am using and he agreed,” he explained.

Giving insight into how he treats his customers, Mr Adepoju said “I added the free wifi so that when there is traffic customers can browse and not get bored. I also allow customers to choose their choice of music. I have a complimentary card which bears the wifi name and password at the back. I got the idea of adding the password to the business card because when I am driving customers ask me and distract my driving focus so I decided to give them card when they are on board.”

“Currently I use surfline. So when you're on board I ask you, please sir, do you care for free wifi to browse? I beg customers not to download and so far they have complied. I am using surfline but busy 4 G approached me recently that they want to take over. They promised to give us the wifi while they put a sticker on our cabs but we are yet to conclude that contract,” he explained.

Unlike the high charges of other taxi cabs in the capital, Mr Adepoju, who said he had to work as security officer “watchman” for several years to save money for his cab business, said his charges are affordable such that he accepts as low as GHC10 irrespective of the distant.

“When I meet you as a customer and I charge you, for instance, for GHC20 and you tell me you can pay GHC10 I don't ignore you I pick you. And this practice has really helped me because they keep recommending me to other customers. Just two days ago I drove all the way from Spintex to Dansoman to pick a tertiary student back to Accra mall. She gave me GHC20. And now she has recommended me to two people who pays better,” he noted.

Despite his affordable charges, Mr Adepoju who holds a Bachelor of Theology degree, said “business is booming to the extent that we have registered a company, BFCABSERVICE, and we also have a website were customers could log on and book for our services online. Last month I save GHC2000 and I am hoping to buy a new Ford by the end of the year because our client base is gradually expanding

www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/Taxis-go-Hi-tech-455122

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose's First Political Poster And How He Started His Political Career / Buhari’s CPC Seizes Control Of APC Party Structure - ThisDay / Adamu Abdulhamid’s Degree Is Fake - London Graduate School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.