Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,567 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. (5499 Views)

6 Clichè Lies Nigerian Girls Need To Stop Telling - The Herald / Big/fat Girls Need Love Too / Guys,would U Go To Gym To Please Ur Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whitelexi(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2009
Gyming is good for the health, watching both what u eat and what time u eat also helps. Also many people tend to do the wrong things at the gym, i used to spend so much time there but now i just do my required work-out 3 times weekly and i'm good.

I used to be a classic example, but now i'm just shedding pounds every other week and now that i see the results of being fit, i cant stop. It feels good when i feel my stomach now, i can actually define the abs developing. . .  grin grin grin

Here's a few tips:

Exercise areas of your body with the largest muscles more: Legs, stomach/Abs, and arms

Eat smaller quantities and spread your meals out - that way u still eat as much but in smaller quantities across the day [this makes your body burn calories faster]

Do much more weight work than cardio, cardio burns a much lower ratio of calories and only does this over a short period of time. . .  Weight workouts rips the muscles and then the body spend more time and nutirents/calories repairing all the muscles [thats when u feel the pains in your muscles] - the body can end up doing this for the whole 24hrs and so u lose more. Cardio builds your overall endurance, so u can run longer without feeling your heart pounding so hard etc.

Always try to do 15 reps minimum of any exercise or weight lifting workout, even if u feel like u r gonna break, take a break in mid-air and then continue until u hit 15. Take regular 20 second breaks between each 15 reps. . .  As time goes on, you'll be able to push for higher numbers. I started at 15 but now i do up to 50 for some really heavy lifting jobs.

Do more activity daily, stop at a bus stop or two away from your normal stop and just walk the rest of the journey. . .  u cannot imagine how much calories u burn by just walking.

Swim more, it is very very good for blood circulation, and body toning. . .  I could continue but hey, i reckon if u do this, u'll be good.

Finally, you always achieve more when pushed to do so. . .  Get a fitness adviser and work towards a set goal! Their services cost a little extra after your gym subscription, but it helps.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by no1madman(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2009
For health wise,i understand;but i'll choose orobo over slim girl anytime,anyday.
Beauty is skin deep.i find BBW attractive--i like d large breast and butt dat come with a larger package.
so make una shut up and leave me 2 enjoy my food.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by mikesleek(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2009
The one that pisses me off most is the large tummy that looks like a bail of cloth, and the lady would still wear tight cloth on it and look like michellin tubeless tire. Not to talk of all the stretch marks associated with it. Yuck! lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2009
Nobody is saying become Agbani-thin overnite. Whitelexi framed it quite well. Lets all watch our health n become better people. Flab everywhere does u no good stop fooling urself that men like it like dat, there's wat is known as overweight. Everyone's got weight but u be over!
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by chic2pimp(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2009
mikesleek:

The one that pisses me off most is the large tummy that looks like a bail of cloth, and the lady would still wear tight cloth on it and look like michellin tubeless tire. Not to talk of all the stretch marks associated with it. Yuck! lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin Abi ooooo. U get am well well.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2009
@poster you got guts grin
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sexyback1(f): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
rokiatu:

@poster you got guts grin

why is the truth so hard to accept?yeah i have got guts and if u arent down with dat,then jump into d lagoon.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sexyback1(f): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
lord reed and whitelexi,thanks u for helping me out.

@thiefofhearts,u seem to have a problem with me.did i insult u in my post or have i ever insulted u?pls lets keep this thread clean.if u dont agree with me,then write what u think and dont start picking at me.be wise
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by lalorescub: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
, Yeah right, l currently weigh 72kg which am seriously bathling to reduce, The era of fatness beign a sign of being rich is gone, now is the era of keeping fit, Our male partners too re not helping matters at all, if ur girlfirend is fat n u dont like it, tell her,let her know and make her work on it.(someone said my boyfriend likes it that way, i pity u,,,stay there and right underneath ur eyes he will stop going out with u,u cant attend a party together,he will start looking for someone slimmer and wellfitted).

Though l love eating a lot, especially sweet things, l pray to God to help me cut down my intake everyday.l noticed if u love eating  alot,it takes away mental alertness and also spiritual alertness which is most dangerous.

Abeg my ladies,if ure fat or ure getting fatter than necessary, and ur guy /man is telling u, he likes it that way, ITS A LIE, he tells u its not about u while its really about u.Even if he likes it or not, its for ur own good, work down that fat and keep fit, trust me he will give u more attention than before.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sexyback1(f): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
topup:

So you're criticising other women who you think need to go to the gym, yet you are the one who wants to join soon??

I'm confused, if other women don't want to go to the gym, then they don't have to, what about the ones who are naturally thin??

Gyming isn't ALL about how you look, but keeping healthy, but most of all about a personal choice to change your life.

All this said, I think daily exercise is the key. .

Swimming??
Aerobics??
Dancing??

madam,thanks for the constructive critism.besides,i wasnt criticising anyone.

@ibkaye, respect urself o.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by EngrT1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2009
I hate girls with BIG TOMMY, it's kind of irritating,
they should watch their eating habit and lots of SIT UP morning snd evening
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
sexy back:

why is the truth so hard to accept?yeah i have got guts and if u arent down with dat,then jump into d lagoon.
whatever, now just be careful to not insult me. and by the way it should
be all fat girls not only Nigerian girls tongue
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2009
I agree with most of the points written that we need to exercise more and drop the fork.

But women who have had kids will find it difficult to shift the weight(I know you say what about hollywood moms, well they all have plastic surgons, dieticians and personal trainers at their beck and call luxuries your average 9ja mom cannot afford embarassed)

Brisk walking is a fantastic exercise and like Whitelexi so rightly put it, hit the weights because muscles burn more fats.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whitelexi(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
Funny stuff is that some girls come on here and talk of guys with pot bellies when in reality, those are the only people they can end up with in a relationship grin grin grin
I even thought my stomach was a bit on the big side but i've seen them date older, shorter men, with even bigger pot bellies! grin grin grin

Stop living such a fake life tongue tongue
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
Funny thing is that most guys look like they could be 20mths pregnant. They still think they are fly though and deserve a model-type girl grin
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whitelexi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Funny thing is that most guys look like they could be 20mths pregnant. They still think they are fly though and deserve a model-type girl grin

How am i sure your bf has rocks in his belly?? tongue tongue
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
sexy back:

No problemo, u're welcome.

Ebonyeyes:

I agree with most of the points written that we need to exercise more and drop the fork.

But women who have had kids will find it difficult to shift the weight(I know you say what about hollywood moms, well they all have plastic surgons, dieticians and personal trainers at their beck and call luxuries your average 9ja mom cannot afford embarassed)

Brisk walking is a fantastic exercise and like Whitelexi so rightly put it, hit the weights because muscles burn more fats.

I look at my mum n I've got to marvel 6 kids n her 2nd to last kid borrows her clothes n shoes. All dat without plastic surgons, dieticians and personal trainers.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whitelexi(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
Lord_Reed:

I look at my mum n I've got to marvel 6 kids n her 2nd to last kid borrows her clothes n shoes. All dat without plastic surgons, dieticians and personal trainers.

Dude, those are the good genes we talk about all day everyday grin grin grin
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
whitelexi:

How am i sure your bf has rocks in his belly?? tongue tongue
Sorry to disappoint you hun wink
Lord_Reed:

Thats a rarity in 9ja and you know it smiley As lexi quite rightly put it, she got the good genes.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sexyback1(f): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
rokiatu:

whatever, now just be careful to not insult me. and by the way it should
be all fat girls not only Nigerian girls tongue
dont be foolish girl.no one forced u to reply .u could have just snobbed the thread instead of complaining as if u own nairaland.mugu
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whitelexi(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Sorry to disappoint you hun wink

Well if he does, then i say kudos to u, at least u aint talking with nothing to show for it, but i tell u, many people talk on NL but even they live in glass houses grin grin grin

sexy back:

dont be foolish girl.no one forced u to reply .u could have just snobbed the thread instead of complaining as if u own nairaland.mugu

Haba, make una kool temper ohhh wink wink
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
sexy back:

arguing with a fool only prove one thing, you both are foolish!!!
so so miss fool I don't have your time you can continue being foolish
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
whitelexi:

Well if he does, then i say kudos to u, at least u aint talking with nothing to show for it, but i tell u, many people talk on NL but even they live in glass houses grin grin grin

Why should I lie or big-up myself on here who am I impressing? cheesy
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sistajay(f): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
Me. . . . I no like F.A.T at all, I do the sensible thing by watchin what i eat o, wether the food is free or not. I do a lot of exercise/sex to keep me trim.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Basildon1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
I could be wrong but i think u might have misunderstood Rokiatu, I actually thot the same, There are enuff 'big' gals on NL that are ready to devour you (no pun intended) for highlighting an issue like this.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Gamine(f): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
But @Poster, is it only for christ's sake?

What of for the sake of your own life, friends and family
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
sexy back:

@thiefofhearts,u seem to have a problem with me.did i insult u in my post or have i ever insulted u?pls lets keep this thread clean.if u dont agree with me,then write what u think and dont start picking at me.be wise

No problem here. Just saying while Naija chics should be in the gym, you should be getting English lessons. Just being truthful is all. I mean there are quite a number of us who do work out, you dont see us making noise about it.

anyway you be newbie so whichever way to gain popularity abi? I wish you luck
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
Personally I don't like fat ladies,

It's disgusting and totally a turn off to me  

It's good for the ladies to be fit. They look more sexy and attractive.

Likewise the males.
Take Note:
Guys that got pot belles are those ones that drink alcohol a lot, especially beer.

When you start consuming beer consecutively, it develops pot belles.

That is why you see guys looking as if they are pregnant, walking like a TEDDY BEAR  grin Shit men  grin

Source: Too much of beer,   grin
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
Guys who drink beer are gross
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
Lord_Reed:

yes, she got the good genes but its not uncommmon for girls to borrow their mum's clothes and shoes.

For one thing, they're most times of very good quality.
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by whiteroses(f): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
its true ati baje kini yen ju lol i'm not over weight in fact no where near fat but my pooch belly is a no no i think i should register myself too o lol
Re: Naija Girls Need To Gym For Christ Sake. by sexyback1(f): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
@ROKIATU,
BITCH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Effects Of Failed Promise(s) / Would You Date A Female Smoker? / 15 Most Outrageous Sex Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.