Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (79773 Views)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by biola44: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2009
candylips:

commot that one because naija babes no dey foot bill under any circumstances

confirmity!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2009

What if she doesn't live close to her? He lives in California, she lives in New Jersey? Does she send her e-food? Will she order foods online for him just in a bid to make sure he has something to eat?

If a lady doesn't know how to cook, she'd learn how to do so; in the process of doing that, she should demonstrate willingness to do so when she has learned.

If she cooks insipid meals, he might complain or at least just murmur about it.I don't see anything wrong if she decides to cook for him out of her money without the guy funding it, but that should be once in a while.

If she dosent live close to him, of cos 80% of my post wont apply, will it?  undecided

Even if she lives far away or she dosent know how to cook, she should still be interested in wheter he eats or not. Someone can 'nag' someone to eat, even if she's not dere to make the meals or she dosent know how to!!  . .  have you eaten, what did you eat, when will you eat . .  okay drop the phone now and go make yourself something to eat!! The idea is that you should be intersted in his meals!!

If he's clean and his girlfriend is dirty, she'll be forced to adapt-ably conform with his environment or she'll start feeling uncomfortable. But I still want to know what kind of help you recommend she gets? Is that to curb laziness or to imbibe cleanliness in her habits?

Yea, get a cleaner who comes in once or twice in a week to clean up the place!! I mean I dont actually expect her to do the whole clean-up herself. If she works round the clock like most ladies these days, it wont be reasonable to expect her to clean not only her house, but her BF's house as well. Of course some guys can handle the sanitaton aspect of their homes, but the GF should also partake in a way.

Well, if it's a responsibility as you say, she should foot the bill if she can't wash and has to take them to the laudro-marts, otherwise the guy should pay but then it shows it's not her responsibility, will it? If she washes them, will he pay her? Of course not. I think it's a matter of choice and not responsibility.

If she doesn't wash for me, will I not wash them? If she has to wash them, well, it's her choice (which I will greatly appreciate) and if she chooses not to, I won't bite myself on it, and I don't think any guy should.

Did I really say responsibility? I said duty!! And remeber its still a relationship, not marriage. I'm sure you know that personally I dont subscribe to a girl taking up financial resposonsibility for a guy she's dating! I mean I can pay for my clothes at the laundry, but dont expect me to pay for yours too! OF course you can do you laundry yourself. Some guys prefer to. But I think a girl should help her BF out occassionally.

And if he doesn't have a girlfriend he should remain a pig? LOL! All these are things a guy should do on their own without it being necessarily some loads on his girlfriend. Does my girlfriend have to remind me when to have my manicure/pedicure, haircut, shave and other things? No!

OF course if he dosent have a GF, he has to take care of himself. Most guys dont even need their GFs to do that for them. But ask yourself . . .  if you have a friend, who forgets to shave, forgets manicure, forgets to get a haircut  . .  and you know he has a GF, what will you think of the girl?

Nice one! Scintillating point. But how many women will do this without thinking he's turning her to his slave at the expense of his friends?

Nothing you do for your BF/GF should be taken for granted. Believe me guys have done really silly things for me in the name of BFs and I still dont think they are slaves!! What you gain is the joy you get from making h/her happy! Its only little minds that see it as slavery!!

You're right on this one! What if he's afraid of electric shock like me? LOL! It'll take God to be right by my side where I can see and look in his eyes before I can tamper with electricity. LOL! But I get what you're saying - he should be good at DIY (Do it yourself). I get it.

What if he can't handle long and very distant driving? Not all guys love driving you know? But if I could drive from here to heaven or space, I'm so game!

Well you are man aint you? . .  so be the man!!  cheesy

Ain't that some real shit?! Cool! Can I be your boyfriend so I burst some head wipe open?

Sorry the position's not vacant!  wink  cheesy

Generally, I dont beleive in strict rules and proceedures. I beleive a lot in compromise. But the rules should be dere to guide us. MEanwhile, what I posted is just my opinion. I dont even  do half and Most guys dont even do them at all!! Maybe that's why most relationships crumble these days!  undecided
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by scottN(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2009
@poster
Nice one there! I totally agree with u on this one.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2009
whitelexi:

@Topic:

Just do your bit and i'll do mine!

BTW, i think i need a pedicure, are u also skilled in that dept? tongue

Well, I know the way to the best Manicurist in town  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by candylips(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2009
maybe u are one cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2009
candylips:

maybe u are one cheesy

Hahaha . . I guess that'll be very convenient for me wont it?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by No2Atheism(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2009
whitelexi:

@Topic:

Just do your bit and i'll do mine!

BTW, i think i need a pedicure, are u also skilled in that dept? tongue

this man are u not supposed to be in London, which one is the picture that looks like u are in Leeds . . . grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by whitelexi(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2009
No2Atheism:

this man are u not supposed to be in London, which one is the picture that looks like u are in Leeds . . . grin

Now i don dey suspect u ohhhh, cos that was taken over last weekend when i was at Leeds with me sis cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by candylips(m): 11:27am On Sep 16, 2009
mr london
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by whitelexi(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2009
candylips:

mr london

My partner in crime cheesy wink
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by okeey(m): 11:31am On Sep 16, 2009
good info
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by candylips(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2009
whitelexi:

My partner in crime cheesy wink

ol boi na which kain pose be that for ur pic grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nezan(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2009
Must this thread be on the home page? angry
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by candylips(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2009
Nezan:

wetin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by DISTINCT89(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2009
All what u ve said is true ok, Uju, lol

Love can only be seperated by death.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2009
Nezan:

See beaf oh! Abeg allow Seun to use me to tell people what they should do for their BFs/GFs jor! angry
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Oluschenco(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2009
Nice write-up, i hope Kafayat read this, saying no to sex during this ramadan period.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by titsqueez(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2009
lame lame lame
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

Nice write-up, i hope Kafayat read this, saying no to sex during this ramadan period.

LOL cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by touchmeder: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
i disagree with most if not all (well excluding maybe number 6) what poster expects a girl friend to do for a man.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by kellorah: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
I can pick up things off the floor and what not, but clean his apartment?! No way!! I'm a clean-freak and everything but I really wont be cleaning his apartment. . .nahh man. Llow it!! undecided undecided

And, doing his laundry?! Hahahahahahaha. I don't think it will ever cross his mind that maybe I should help him, or that it'll be nice if I did stuff like that. I can help him fold and iron after it's been washed, but wash it?! He's a clean person himself, and prolly isn't bothered with puttin his clothes in the machine. But if I have to do it, I guess I will. It just hasn't come up. I guess until then, I shouldn't really be saying anything.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by whitelexi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
candylips:

ol boi na which kain pose be that for your pic grin

Na new dance step, we dey call am "Standing in motion" grin grin grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by koolchicco: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hmm, I hope my GF reads this 'cos she never satisfy me in bed very well. lipsrsealed tongue cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by koolchicco: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2009
@Whitelexi

Now i know where u live.very ugly! grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by bblacky(f): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2009
kellorah:

I can pick up things off the floor and what not, but clean his apartment?! No way!! I'm a clean-freak and everything but I really wont be cleaning his apartment. . .nahh man. Llow it!! undecided undecided

And, doing his laundry?! Hahahahahahaha. I don't think it will ever cross his mind that maybe I should help him, or that it'll be nice if I did stuff like that. I can help him fold and iron after it's been washed, but wash it?! He's a clean person himself, and prolly isn't bothered with puttin his clothes in the machine. But if I have to do it, I guess I will. It just hasn't come up. I guess until then, I shouldn't really be saying anything.
grin grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by kellorah: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2009
bblacky:

grin grin

I'm confused!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by bblacky(f): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
so some gurls dey wey no dey like to clean their guy's apartment? n u go in there relaxing n d messed up room, dtz nt serious oooo,

come on the cooking part, nt every guy wud want his gurl to prepare his meal for some personal reasons known to them,

for the ladies

footing of the ladies bill, hmmm nt all guys especially wen the lady is the working class type, some guys are so stingy n missers dt nothing will make them give a gurl kobo until wen they feel to on their own.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by kellorah: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
My bf is a tidy person. Prolly why I haven't thot bout stuff like this.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by ralphoo03: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
Duties in relatopnships goes far beyond the discuss.
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]My woman should always wake up before me to boil water  run water for my bath.
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]She should stay up while my getting ready for the office if she doesn't have to get off early herself.
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]it's not only the man that should do the calling, she shld also call to find out how am doing in the office.
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list] tongue
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TheSeeker(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
So this topic is still going on?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by nmachizzy: 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
lol grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by MUZBO(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
No wonder most guys are opting for a sex change and hormonal therapy. @Uju, se na me kill Michael Jackson wey I go dey do all those things? My only duty to my GF is to be by her side looking handsome and scaring away the competition! Sue me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart / Between This Man And His Fiancee’s Backside In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / The Craziest And Most Dangerous Pre-Wedding Photo Ever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.