Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (24838 Views)

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? / Is Tinapa Failing? / Harrods, Wal-mart, Mc Donald´s And Others Head For Tinapa City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
Vavavoom:

Okay Zomby, the Federal govt. apparently have failed us, what in your plan would be a fashionable way to get us to stabilising power supply? I mean give us something concrete instead of harping on the failure of the current leadership. At least that way we can follow your blueprint and fix our problems according to our priorities like you said. Oya over to you.

If he tells you the answer, are you going to work on implementing it? Or are you just going to read and say, OK and move on to the next thread, or subject afterwards? I have been here over 2 years, long enough to have seen hundreds who come in feeling almighty, and demanding folks provide tangible solutions rather than criticize as they know to. When provided these solutions, these folks never do anything with them. Is that what you are here to do yet again?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
Okay Zomby, the Federal govt. apparently have failed us, what in your plan would be a fashionable way to get us to stabilising power supply? I mean give us something concrete instead of harping on the failure of the current leadership. At least that way we can follow your blueprint and fix our problems according to our priorities like you said. Oya over to you.

1. Disable or break away the politics that is hindering us from moving forward with stabilizing power supply in this country.
2.Evaluate all sensible options that are available and also compatible with our environmental standards (it could be solar energy or wind and hydropower or corn/ethanol energy or electric power),.
3. Break down the selected option into 4 parts and introduce privatization. Allow private sector/investors to do the rest.

Obviously, it looks easier in writing than actually getting it done, but I have confidence that when the entire country starts crying and fighting together as one for stabilizing power supply in Nigeria, the Fed Govt will sooner or later get the message and do what is right for this nation.
But jubilating that Tinapa water park looks lovely will not solve any problem, but makes us look even dumber
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
@zomby,

There is nothing wrong with pushing the FG to recognise private sector involvement in power generation. This is not relevant to the Tinapa project because Tinapa is only one project from one state in the whole country. Rome was not built in one day.

Power supply on its own is of no value. People will need to utilise the power supply to their own advantage to make it useful to the people.

Tinapa is only one of so many possibilities. Tinapa project is a state project and it did not stop the other projects of the FG. Corruption hampered some other projects of the FG but we must not remain in the same position about tales of corruption.

Therefore, we must market the Tinapa project for everyone to know about it so that it will grow bigger than the initial dream. The bigger and more popular it is, the more staffs it will employ to provide support for visitors.

There will be many more projects in other states, not just Tinapa. In the meantime, we should shout loud about Tinapa so that foreigners and other people will come and patronise the place.

Let us plough together for better days ahead in our country.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
six flags wants to come to Nigeria?

I doubt all these developments are mainly for Nigerians.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Vavavoom(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
ZOmby

Obviously, it looks easier in writing than actually getting it done, but I have confidence that when the entire country starts crying and fighting together as one for stabilizing power supply in Nigeria, the Fed Govt will sooner or later get the message and do what is right for this nation.
But jubilating that Tinapa water park looks lovely will not solve any problem, but makes us look even dumber

While your summary of the problem is apt I think it will be beneficial to also highlight how our inability to manufacture serviceable parts when needed for any of the model of our choosing means of power subsistence. This can hamper our desire. My observation has been that we will need to copy or modify/develop what works for us as a country instead of staying with a technology whose manufacturers have moved on. I don't have the figures but a good percentage of the transformers in the country are colonial and need replacing. We failed to learn how to make the colonial ones <still not knowing makes us dependent, room for learning> and the makers have since moved on! So we are left with ailing structures with no necessary technology to fix them when broken. SO AS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY whatever mode we choose we must not fail to modify to suit us when the makers have long gone. The chinese are doing it, so too the small asian countries.

There's a program in Indonesia that ensures that every household has at least a light bulb lit at night. It is powered by solar mechanism, it is cheap, effective and sustainable at that small scale level and can be transfered down here as well. A private initiative can make it happen as it doesn't require transmission lines and power is generated by the user directly from sunlight.

As for unbundling NEPA/PHCN, the telecoms sector has shown us it will work perfectly and can be done. Each state or zone can look FODI and fashion what works for them based on there chosen model and comparative cost advantage.

Another problem will be getting the docile citizenry to demand for their craving, how we'll achieve this I frankly don't know.

Nevertheless, I'll be glad to learn from chaps who've got the statistics to back up any plan being made. I go even work for free to see any workable plan come to fruition.

By the way, Tinapa, maybe a mispriority but would be an added bonus if we get the power running like you said. Maybe the roads too, let's work together not break apart.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

I have been to Wet n Wild in Florida and beyond.

I do not intend to say more about myself here because it is not about me, it is about making Nigeria great.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
beknown:

@Kobojunkie,

I have been to Wet n Wild in Florida and beyond.

I do not intend to say more about myself here because it is not about me, it is about making Nigeria great.

You have actually been there and you are able to open up to say that it compares with what you see in those pictures? I seriously doubt that. The claim you made is as ludicrous as someone claming that Apapa amusement park compares to Disney world in Orlando. It is just not really honest.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

Wet n Wild was not created today. In fact, it has been around for a long time and it is continously being redeveloped by Disney. You should understand the principles of business now.

Also, the photographs you saw about Tinapa are not the best you could produce. The photographs were not doctored for marketing purpose. On the other hand, the Wet n Wild facility in Orlando is nothing like the promotional photographs published about it. Certainly, Wet n Wild is not like the animated graphics on its web pages.

Tinapa is good and presentable in its current form. I expect that it will grow over time to a better and brighter resort.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
beknown:

@Kobojunkie,

Wet n Wild was not created today. In fact, it has been around for a long time and it is continously being redeveloped by Disney. You should understand the principles of business now.

Also, the photographs you saw about Tinapa are not the best you could produce. The photographs were not doctored for marketing purpose. On the other hand, the Wet n Wild facility in Orlando is nothing like the promotional photographs published about it. Certainly, Wet n Wild is not like the animated graphics on its web pages.

Tinapa is good and presentable in its current form. I expect that it will grow over time to a better and brighter resort.
UUmm . . . . What has what you posted above to do with what I said or what you said earlier. You said you have been to wet n Wild resort. So what has doctored pictures to do with anything here. I specifically said that what you did there, comparing Tinapa resort to Wet n Wild Resort, is dishonest because Wet n Wild resort is way more better equipped and definitely all-round different from what you have in the pictures on Tinapa. Tinapa in those pictures is no where close to what you get at Water Parks in Lagos, let alone Wet n Wild resort.

We are not talking of promotional pictures here. We are talking of reality of things. Can we please stick to that rather than trying to go off on some tangent or finding something to blame whatever on?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by 2tait: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ walata44

Don't be discouraged. this is just a start. Please post more interesting /positive things about 9ja no matter how meagre. Most people are used to only negative things about 9ja. They have given up on the country, which shouldn't be.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nothing exotic or special about those photos.

Standard in most organised African countries,not to talk of advanced nations.

BUT still,
congrats C.River state govt
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by AjaraEwuro: 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nigerians are nothing but a bunch of idiots, goats and piglets. Criticising just for the sake of criticising?

Nigeria is a rotten dung hole, we know, Nigeria is primitive we know- for God's sake, leave us alone and let us be proud of the little things we have here in Nigeria- it is idiots who compare what is in Nigeria with what is in the UK or with anything in America- yes, these folks also started from somewhere- let us also start with somewhere and be proud of what we have- if the poster has written something negative about Nigeria, I am sure you all would have hailed him and helped him bash Nigeria the more-

Fools, we know we live in a hell hole, we know our country is shit, we know nothing works in Nigeria, but please, dont bamboozle us with happenings in Europe or America, we are happy with whatever little we can get in Nigeria - shit faces.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
How Nigerian leaders blew opportunities for growth –Obama
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/sept/17/national-17-09-2009-009.htm

We blew the opportunities for growth because our priority is not in place.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nigerians are nothing but a bunch of idiots, goats and piglets. Criticising just for the sake of criticising?
May be it will make you feel better about yourself as a Nigerian if we keep our mouths shut and watch others while they criticize our stupidity.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by beknown(m): 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

This will be my last post on this matter. You seem to be particular about my visit to Wet n Wild. You asked about it and I told you to show that I am not ignorant of the place.

When I visited Wet n Wild, some of the rides were put out of service as a result of heavy rain and wind storm. These are mishaps that will not be shown to potential visitors. These are realities of business.

You may hate Nigeria and think that nothing good will happen there. Well, you must be aware that somebody made USA great, somebody made sacrifice for great things to happen there. Nigeria will be great and I am prepared to make my little sacrifices for great things to happen.

@Walata44
Thanks for the sacrifice you have made in posting the link to the pictures. Many people will become aware of Tinapa through your effort. Your effort in posting those links to the photographs may look small but the impact is bigger than you can imagine. Your effort will collaborate with the effort of others and that is how change happen.

I am working within my small corner and collaborating with other like-minded people to make Nigeria great and it will happen. When it does, we will all reap the reward.

Greetings to you all.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by AjaraEwuro: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
zomby:

How Nigerian leaders blew opportunities for growth –Obama
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/sept/17/national-17-09-2009-009.htm

We blew the opportunities for growth because our priority is not in place.

Because a foreign president tells you that, you beleive, but instead of you to look inwards and check the group of idiots called Nigerians, and see how rotten and stupid they ARE, YOU COME HERE TO TALK RUBBISH.

Why is it that Nigerians go to other countries and constitute themselves into nuisances and destroy other people's country up to a point where they dont even want to see them in that country - what is dat called? Whose fault is that? the leaders or the stupid in animate devilish spirits in Nigerians whereever they go?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
I am not being particular about YOUR visit to Wet n Wild. Unless you can show me there where I said YOUR visit is the issue. I made it clear that your comparing Tinapa to Wet n wild is just as dishonest as comparing Apapa Amusement park to Disney. They are just too different for anyone to do that. By the way, you have not guessed by now that I may have actually visited Wet n Wild, Apapa Amusement Park, Disney World, Six Flags, Disney?

beknown:

You may hate Nigeria and think that nothing good will happen there. Well, you must be aware that somebody made USA great, somebody made sacrifice for great things to happen there. Nigeria will be great and I am prepared to make my little sacrifices for great things to happen.

What is it with people like you? When you are pushed to the wall and asked to answer to claims made, you resort to mind reading and pretending to understand all about the person you are involved in a debate with, someone you are likely never to meet? Jeeezzz!!! How in the world can I HATE Nigeria? What has USA being great to do with this? See me see wahala with these kind people ooo!!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Ajara: How doesn't it feel when a country spends so much on incredible airplans, but has no airport?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2009
Because a foreign president tells you that, you beleive
A foreign president doesn't have to tell me that your leaders suck. It is written all over the country.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by bukavu(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
Very nice pictures
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Ajara: How doesn't it feel when a country spends so much on incredible airplans, but has no airport?
The answer is: waste of time, waste of money, lack of clear vision, lack of common sense and an intellectual method to loot govt. resources.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by blackspade(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2009
Is Tinapa still the white elephant project it was upon completion?

Do they still power the whole complex on generators? Do they even attract enough visitors?

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
Wet n Wild

http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/attr_04.html

that's the blueprint for a water themed park.

The bigger problem for Tinapa here is having an adequate water supply, imo.

but I really doubt all these developments are targeted at Nigerians alone, because I doubt they'll be able to sustain it.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by pritypeety(f): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
The whole concept of tinapa I think is aimed more at tourism, Its a very nice concept, every country does dat. my fear is that, Nigerian is known with poor maintenance system. Would the foreigners be willing to visit Tinapa? If the Tinapa management can try and convince everyone that they actually carry out proper maintenance(of which they must do), make sure the price is ok, then i guess more internationals and Nigerians would be convinced in touring the place. Things like dat wet'n' wild needs a lot of maintenance u know? (NOBODY WANT TO HAVE THE FEAR OF FALLING FROM A HEIGHT OF 30FT BECAUSE OF LACK OF MAINTENANCE) This going to create a lot of job opportunity u know, xcept they refuse to employ safety men etc.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by walata44(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
@
walata44

Don't be discouraged. this is just a start. Please post more interesting /positive things about 9ja no matter how meagre. Most people are used to only negative things about 9ja. They have given up on the country, which shouldn't be.

Thank u, with the passion shown by both sides I know we all love this country to be great.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by walata44(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
@beknown

@Walata44
Thanks for the sacrifice you have made in posting the link to the pictures. Many people will become aware of Tinapa through your effort. Your effort in posting those links to the photographs may look small but the impact is bigger than you can imagine. Your effort will collaborate with the effort of others and that is how change happen.

I am working within my small corner and collaborating with other like-minded people to make Nigeria great and it will happen. When it does, we will all reap the reward.

Greetings to you all.
Great contribution to the dabate, if we all join hand together we can live in Nigeria of our dream.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
It is obvious that we all want this country to be great again, but we must also pay attention to basic common sense or else the country will continue to be in a circular motion.

Water park in a city that fails to provide water supply to 85% of the populace.  
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
zomby:

It is obvious that we all want this country to be great again, but we must also pay attention to basic common sense or else the country will continue to be in a circular motion.

Is the Water Park publicly funded or privately owned? I know Tinapa was funded by the government, but I would like to believe that the waterpark is not being run and maintained by the same government, as we all know what the likely result of such an experiment would be.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by udezue(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2009
Cross River isongo. grin Mmekom Abasi.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zomby(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2009
Priority = highest or higher in importance
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Gamine(f): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2009

Too funny. grin
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by OvieE: 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
blackspade:

Is Tinapa still the white elephant project it was upon completion?

Do they still power the whole complex on generators? Do they even attract enough visitors?

I do not think tinapa attract visitor at all talkless of foreigners. Waste as usual. Building a fancy thing does not provide education or food to poor Masses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar / From Peddling Clothes On The Streets To Owing His Own Clothing Shop (Pics) / Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.