Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (25167 Views)

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? / Is Tinapa Failing? / Harrods, Wal-mart, Mc Donald´s And Others Head For Tinapa City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

WHAT are you talking about??
We all know Mc Donalds is Isreali. The whole world knows that. Mc Donald isnt in Nigeria because they fear the north and the explosive nature of our classhes. Thats whats up. Outside Nigeria, we're seen as unbelieveably unstable and people think we're experiencing the calm before the storm.
Now you are just rambling! When people think McDonalds, they do not think the original nationality of the founder. They think the country in which it was started. What you have above is as ridiculous as claiming Dunkin Donuts is Indian. Gosh! People !!!

Rosabelle:

What standards.
My friend, the white man is a 100 times more greedy than the black man. Show him the money and he'l run.
The point is, theyre not in nigeria because its not worth their while and not because Nigerians cant afford it. That was my point.
You go check that out!!!

Why can’t you read? McDonalds is a Franchise and a Franchise can be anywhere as long as the basic standards are met. The man said he tried to get a franchise license to run McDonalds in Nigeria but because of cost, he could not and you are here rambling about how your chosen delusion is the reason why he could not get it started here. Is Malaysia more worth their while then or do your delusions not apply there? Jeezzzz!!! Snap out of it!!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
Also tried to bring McDonald's Corporation to Abuja few yrs ago, the attempt was unsuccessful. 1 of the main reasons was the fact that an average Nigerian wouldn't be able to afford the products. And this totally contradicts the concept of the corporation.

Without any doubt affordability should have been the second factor to be analyzed during the planning process of the project.
Maintenance is still the number 1 factor.

And I can assure you that the master planners will not be able to clearly answer most of these concerns of the citizens.

@ROSABELLE:
It is sad that we sometimes allow our roughness to stop us from adding to what we already know.
This is a standard put together by this corporation or we can even simply say that this is their decision at this time.

So, what is the sweat for? Did I put this standard together? FYI, I was even disappointed to discover this decision.
We need not to make big deal out of things we do not know.
If you read and understand my original post, you will see where I stated that  1 of the main reasons; which indirectly means there are other reasons.
Relax urself, nobody is questioning your objection.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mustafar1: 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
the more expensive something is the more nigerians are attracted to it. the only reason McDonalds wouldnt want to enteer the nigerian market is because the cost of producing a burger would be high and would cut deep into profits.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
@Kobojunkie: Thank you.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
must_a_far:

the more expensive something is the more nigerians are attracted to it. the only reason McDonalds wouldnt want to enteer the nigerian market is because the cost of producing a burger would be high and would cut deep into profits.

That is not always the case. Just cause a person is attracted to something and able to afford it about once a year does not mean the business actually works well. We need to learn from corporations like Walmart, and McDonalds.  This get rich IMMEDIATELY mentality actually hurts our economy and our local businesses more than we know it. That is why international companies continue to get more of our local business than our local companies do. Plus, that would not work with the McDonalds model which is sort of what WalMart works on. Do you know that for every burger, McDonalds makes about 3 cents?

Sure, cost of production of a burger would mean the price would be high, and I bet higher than the company would like for a burger to cost since everywhere else, it remains food available to even the poor. McDonalds in South africa is almost as cheap it is here in the states. Same with the Mcdonalds in China and in Mexico. It would make sense for the company to continue the same even in Nigeria.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2009
must_a_far:

Thats my point.
Mc Donalds WONT come to nigeria becasue the stress and danger isnt worth their while. Franchise or not. They dont want it , period.

Depilot:

Also tried to bring McDonald's Corporation to Abuja few yrs ago, the attempt was unsuccessful. 1 of the main reasons was the fact that an average Nigerian wouldn't be able to afford the products. And this totally contradicts the concept of the corporation.

Without any doubt affordability should have been the second factor to be analyzed during the planning process of the project.
Maintenance is still the number 1 factor.

And I can assure you that the master planners will not be able to clearly answer most of these concerns of the citizens.
Thats what I was answering to sir. Nigerians will afford anythign you throw their ways. Dont let anyone hoodwink you.

Kobojunkie:

Now you are just rambling! When people think McDonalds, they do not think the original nationality of the founder. They think the country in which it was started. What you have above is as ridiculous as claiming Dunkin Donuts is Indian. Gosh! People !!!

Why can’t you read? McDonalds is a Franchise and a Franchise can be anywhere as long as the basic standards are met. The man said he tried to get a franchise license to run McDonalds in Nigeria but because of cost, he could not and you are here rambling about how your chosen delusion is the reason why he could not get it started here. Is Malaysia more worth their while then or do your delusions not apply there? Jeezzzz!!! Snap out of it!!!

My friend. Do you watch tv Do you know what people outside Nigeria think of NIgeria. When people think of mc donalds, they think of the country it started in which people,
He tried getting a franchise and couldnt because they didnt want to give it to him. Simple. It had NOTHING to do with any rubbish standards my friend. Lets have peace.
There is a deep rooted bias against nigeria outside and sometimes, its just not worth it for them,
The franchise still belongs to someone. And in this case, they are Israeli and they have reservations about nigeria because of the north of nigeria. Evryone knows this.
You dont have to agree with me. You can shut your eyes you know.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
the only two Mcdonalds in Africa are in Egypt and South Africa.

even Subway has more African restaurants- Zambia, Tanzania, South Africa and Egypt.

McDonalds has no west African outlets yet because they're not yet ready to do business there. That's all.

and while it would be nice if Nigeria had a Mcdonalds, healthy eating is more important. Their burgers are packed full of calories, anyway.

McGym is what's needed, imo.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2009
tpia.:

the only two Mcdonalds in Africa are in Egypt and South Africa.
even Subway has more African restaurants- Zambia, Tanzania, South Africa and Egypt.
McDonalds has no west African outlets yet because they're not yet ready to do business there. That's all.
and while it would be nice if Nigeria had a Mcdonalds, healthy eating is more important. Their burgers are packed full of calories, anyway.

McGym is what's needed, imo.

Thank you. They know what theyre doing, and they know what money they can do without!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mustafar1: 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2009
im not saying we would be able to afford it before they decide thats what they want. we would decide we want it because we want to oppress our neighbour who walks into Mr. Biggs, we want to show them that we are walking into and eating McD's not we can afford McD's.

rosabelle, my point is different from ur point biko. all you are pointing to is danger this danger that. if you are talking about danger they wouldnt have an outlet in the middle east anywhere. they have a better chance of having their restaurants getting blown up in egypt than it getting burnt in lagos or abuja or warri.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

Thats my point.
Mc Donalds WONT come to nigeria becasue the stress and danger isnt worth their while. Franchise or not. They dont want it , period.
The same McDonalds that is in places like Malaysia, the middle East, even Iraq, and Mexico. Nigeria happens to be worse?? Roflmao

Rosabelle:

My friend. Do you watch tv Do you know what people outside Nigeria think of NIgeria. When people think of mc donalds, they thin kof the country it started in which people,

I am sorry but I don’t know what world you live in. McDonalds is considered one of the BIG AMERICAN CORPORATIONS. I don’t know what world you live in but people don’t think ISREALI Man founded McDonalds or they would think the same every time they go to see a Hollywood movie. The average people on the street are not that paranoid and racist. Some actually do not dwell on things as meaningless as that when they are chomping down on their burgers. Gosh!!

Rosabelle:

He tried getting a franchise and couldnt because they didnt want to give it to him. Simple. It had NOTHING to do with any rubbish standards my friend. Lets have peace.
He tried. Keyword “HE”, not you  or your delusions but HE. He came here and told you exactly why  his trial did not work back then. HE did not tell you what you are feeding us right now. Your mind is trying to speak for him when it ought not to even think of doing that at all. Let HIM speak for himself and his situation. If you want to tell us about your experience and why YOU were denied, that is something else. But when people tell you the truth of their situation, STOP pretending you have it all figured out for them.

Rosabelle:

There is a deep rooted bias against nigeria outside and sometimes, its just not worth it for them,
The franchise still belongs to someone. And in this case, they are Israeli and they have reservations about nigeria because of the norht of nigeria. Evryone knows this.
You dont have to agree with me. You can shut your eyes you know.
McDonalds is in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan but Nigeria is worse and the bias is because an Israeli man started McDonalds? Do you know how insane you sound? I mean it gets worse with each post of yours.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

Thank you. They know what theyre doing, and they know what money they can do without!

that's alright.

The food is very fattening and not in a good way.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Gamine(f): 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
This "Water-park" doesnt make sense.
i cant just wrap my head around it.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
Mcdonalds is currently in

a) Algeria
b) South Africa
c) Egypt
d) Morroco
e) Mauritius
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
@kobojunkie, you sound like a wacko  my friend.
If you watch the news, and read papers, you wont call me racist and you wont imagine what Im saying is paranoid.
People who talk like you must live in America, where the people there, cant differentiate between america and Israel.
WAKE UP boy.

You said : 'McDonalds is in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan '.

Thats a blatant lie and anyone can go to their website to see theyre not in Iran, Iraq, libya, tunisia and syria in the middle east. These countries are the core muslim 'anti-israel' countries. Nigerian fanatic muslim sects are know to work with terrorists in these five countries.
Wake up. Wake up.
Yes I sound paranoid, but Im not. Read the papers and stop talking trash at me!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
oh, i forgot Morocco.

It seems there are 4 McDonalds there. And a Pizza Hut too.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
i dont know if there's a McDonalds in Iraq though one would expect it, because of the US army base there.

However, they have a McDonald's knockoff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaDonal

MaDonal is a restaurant located in the town of Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. It purposely resembles McDonald's, both in appearance and menu;for instance, MaDonal's menu includes "Big Macks." It is one of two McDonalds-like restaurants in the town; the other one, Matbax, claims that MaDonal is "cheap quality". The quality of the food has been criticized by some bloggers as well.

The owner, Suleiman Qassab, was a fighter in the Kurdish resistance during the 1970s. He became a refugee in Vienna, Austria, where he got a job as a cook at McDonald's. In the 1990s, he applied for permits to create a McDonald's in Iraq, but the McDonald’s Corporation turned him down. In response, he established MaDonal Restaurant, which became a successful business. Since establishing MaDonal, Qassab has offered free food to U.S. forces, been threatened by suicide bombers, and has become a "Kurdish celebrity."Qassab hopes to one day turn MaDonal into an actual McDonald's restaurant.

MaDonal is popular with Sulaymaniyah's youth, and the upper middle class. It is open even during Ramadan.

Sociologist George Ritzer sees MaDonal as part of a trend of other countries developing their own regional variations of McDonald’s. Journalist Christopher Hitchens said it was "reassuring" to see signs of progress like MaDonal "in an atmosphere that only a few years ago was heavy with miasmic decay and the reek of poison gas."

Qassab is just one of many who have requested permission to open up a McDonald’s in Iraq. Should this happen, there has been speculation by some about whether McDonald's will eventually take legal action against MaDonal. However, MaDonal appears safe for now, as one journalist notes: "The flow of applications to open an Iraqi McDonald's stopped as quickly as it started, and the corporate lawyers never came to Sulaymaniyah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaDonal

what a wonder. In Iraq of all places- with the unrest there.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

If you watch the news, and read papers, you wont call me racist and you wont imagine what Im saying is paranoid.
People who talk like you must live in America, where the people there, cant differentiate between america and Israel.
WAKE UP boy.

You said : 'McDonalds is in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan '.

My Mistake! I looked at the wrong list.  There are no McDonald’s franchises in Iran or Iraq.( Even though I swear there was one when the US army was there. Not sure if that was just for the millitary). But there are McDonald’s Franchises in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Jordan.

Rosabelle:

Thats a blatant lie and anyone can go to their website to see theyre not in Iran, Iraq, libya, tunisia and syria in the middle east. These countries are the core muslim 'anti-israel' countries. Nigerian fanatic muslim sects are know to work with terrorists in these five countries.
Wake up. Wake up.
Yes I sound paranoid, but Im not. Read the papers and stop talking trash at me!!

Interesting!! And so Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan, Algeria are not core muslim states? Roflmao!!!  Seriously, this post of yours already affirms my initial fears. You are just a wacko!!! Roflmao!!! A Fear-mongering wacko for that matter!! What next? If you eat McDonalds, you will be poisoned by the Israeli founder?? Roflmao!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2009
must_a_far:

im not saying we would be able to afford it before they decide thats what they want. we would decide we want it because we want to oppress our neighbour who walks into Mr. Biggs, we want to show them that we are walking into and eating McD's not we can afford McD's.

rosabelle, my point is different from your point biko. all you are pointing to is danger this danger that. if you are talking about danger they wouldnt have an outlet in the middle east anywhere. they have a better chance of having their restaurants getting blown up in egypt than it getting burnt in lagos or abuja or warri.

Sorry about that. I agreed with your point anyhow. You dont have to agree with mine
And Im not trying to spread fear.
I just happen to talk with numerous people and though I love Nigeria and I know the press here in Europe and elsewhere blow everythign out of proportion, the reality is, people listen to the press easier here than in Nigeria and they believe our country is not safe.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2009
@must_a_far, aren't you out in the same Europe? lol
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Gamine(f): 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
WAKE UP boy.

LWKMD!

MaDonal?? lmao
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Interesting!! And so Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan, Algeria are not core muslim states? Roflmao!!!  Seriously, this post of yours already affirms my initial fears. You are just a wacko!!! Roflmao!!! A Fear-mongering wacko for that matter!! What next? If you eat McDonalds, you will be poisoned by the Israeli founder?? Roflmao!!

My point was never against Israel (now I know you MUST be an ignorant american). My point was WHY Dipilot didnt get the liscence for a franchise. Get your points straight and stop talkign trash as usual.
I didnt call them core muslim states, I called them core muslim anti-israel countries. Syria and Iran are the main hubs.
The whole world knows the 'antagonist groups' have base in Syria and Iran. Thats why I say to read the papers and watch the news.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

I didnt call them core muslim states, I called them core muslim anti-israel countries. Syria and Iran are the main hubs.
The whole world knows the 'antagonist groups' have base in Syria and Iran. Thats why I say to read the papers and watch the news.

yeah right!!! would that also be the reason why there are no walmarts in the same countries? Core-muslim anti-israel states my foot. And Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, where the world knows people to prreach ant-isreal rhethoric, are not? I don't know what SPECIAL papers and news you watch but please COME BACK DOWN TO THE WORLD sometime. It will do your head a whole lot of good. better yet, step away from the computer sometime and go see the real world AS IS.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

yeah right!!! would that also be the reason why there are no walmarts in the same countries? Core-muslim anti-israel states my foot. And Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, where the world knows people to prreach ant-isreal rhethoric, are not? I don't know what SPECIAL papers and news you watch but please COME BACK DOWN TO THE WORLD sometime. It will do your head a whole lot of good. better yet, step away from the computer sometime and go see the real world AS IS.

Thats why I urge you to read the papers and watch the news.
Anyhow, in lagos, they say not to be caught chasing a mad man cos no one would know the difference. Youre probably just one of the ignorant americans runnign to Israels aid when the point of the matter is completely different.
WAKE UP boy!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
Guys Macdonald is not the issue for debate here.

the issue is walataa concept of tourism in calabar and donald duke definition.

my piont is that it shouldnt b referd 2 as tourism - but amusement park.

cus as far as i am concern. I regularly go on holiday with Thompson international and Virgin Travells. And i have never seen calabar in their books as a holiday destination.

walaata are u reading this.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2009
fegflu:

Guys Macdonald is not the issue for debate here.

the issue is walataa concept of tourism in calabar and donald duke definition.

my piont is that it shouldnt b referd 2 as tourism - but amusement park.

cus as far as i am concern. I regularly go on holiday with Thompson international and Virgin Travells. And i have never seen calabar in their books as a holiday destination.

walaata are u reading this.

LOOOLLLL cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dont even know how that happened anymore.
Sorry, so back to water parks Calabar,
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2009
Rosabelle:

Thats why I urge you to read the papers and watch the news.
Anyhow, in lagos, they say not to be caught chasing a mad man cos no one would know the difference. [size=14pt]Youre probably just one of the ignorant americans runnign to Israels aid[/size] when the point of the matter is completely different.
WAKE UP boy!

Oh, how the paranoid reveal their own selves !!! I said it!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@must_a_far, aren't you out in the same Europe? lol

For your info KoboJUNKIE, Europe is a continent, not a country.
I know you ignorant folk tend not to understand this.
So must_a_far also in europe and therefore ? a wack comment
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
If Donald Duke really believes in his ponzy tourism concept- why did he choose to live in ikoyi insted  of calabar.

This is wat i am saying- the type of pple in gvernance in our country are daft
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
The man never buy house for UK or US ? lol
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by soloqy: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
Dang, You guys are ruthless.

The title was lovely pictures of *Tinapa Water Park* .

Yeah, he did say Water park so I guess you people raised your expectations to see what, maybe Disneyland or something.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by soloqy: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2009
Donald duke is a crook. Have any body seen his house in IKOYI.

300MILLION NAIRA WORTH HOME.

Some people buy only land in Banana Island and Old Ikoyi for twice that amount. Some others buy old houses that are in that 300m range, then break it down to rebuild to their hearts desire. So his own is small grin

Ask the Bank Chiefs(And I dont meant the ones currently in Sanusi's trouble).
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by zmurda(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2009
Is it just me, or is it that I do not see anything special in Tinapa?

Maybe I am just a spoil sport, but that place looks drier than Gobi desert. Just a senseless waste of money, no business plan/model.

Anyone ever seen any of their expected income and projections?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics) / Naira Inches Towards 1000 Naira To A Dollar / Nigerian Man Protests At MSC Shipping Office In Toronto Canada Over Exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.