Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (219022 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Project Fame Season 9 Grand Finale: Drop Your Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
cheesy ;DDid anyone see uncle Ben's face when Winner was singing? It was like what rubbish is she singing.

Project fame should please bring Kaffy back...... These current dancers are foolishly distracting me from watching a wonderful show. Constume and dance routine is nothing to right home on.

Okemute is a born star....... her dazzling smile is blinding.

Eli's voice gave me goosebumps. The guy is good, No he's pleasantly unique.

Mirabel and Yusuf are the weakest link at this stage.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by shugacane(f): 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
gara11:

I agree wit u. Today's performance was poor. Imagine steve singing as if he was abt to loose his voice. however, that evbd on probatn tin is nt usually fair. West africa will nt vote base on performance but who dey like best and it cld mk dem loose gd singers while pple like yusuph remain there because dey had enof vote.
true sha
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by UjSizzle(f): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
luvmijeje:
cheesy ;DDid anyone see uncle Ben's face when Winner was singing? It was like what rubbish is she singing.

Project fame should please bring Kaffy back...... These current dancers are foolishly distracting me from watching a wonderful show. Constume and dance routine is nothing to right home on.

Saw the Winner look from Uncle Ben grin grin

Loved Eli and Kitay's performance.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Solitin40: 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
pere winner Yusulf Solomon Mirabe
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
UjSizzle:

Saw the Winner look from Uncle Ben grin grin

Loved Eli and Kitay's performance.

Kitayy....... He also did well but with him I'm beginning to feel like his song delivery is becoming predictable. The way he sang today reminds me of his opening performance and last week performance.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aboooyowa(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Okiemute is really good.
luvmijeje:

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
In my opinion, Worst performance for the night goes to yusuf, closely followed by mirabel then winner, finally elizabeth. Judges shuda swapped solomon for elizabeth
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Whiteee(m): 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
luvmijeje:

Eli sounded so much like timi dakolo. he's just amazing.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
Whiteee:

Eli sounded so much like timi dakolo. he's just amazing.
I'll like to hear him Sing a Michael bolton song. Wld mk so much sense
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Whiteee(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
gara11:

I'll like to hear him Sing a Michael bolton song. Wld mk so much sense

I couldn't agree more..he's got it
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gbemmy0209: 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
Dear Okiemute, it's PF, not MBGN. D way she stood on stage like she was waiting to be crowned queen.
@samhay, wusup?

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by reasonwitme: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
can anything good come out of this season's contestants,from choreography to dancers to back up singers to costumes?it's all disastrous. I give up already.when u think DAT winner and pere will consistently shine,they flopped real bad.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by fabfunmi(f): 12:16am On Aug 08, 2016
Hmmm...am i the only one that finds dapo's voice the best in the academy....the guy got the voice😊...#okbye

4 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 1:09am On Aug 08, 2016
Like someone earlier said, Today's show was generally boring. Even the wildcard contestants did waayy better than the lot. Only Eli, Okiemute & Kitay did well. Elizabeth tried.

Yusuf & Mirabel need to go cash their probation cheques at home.. Honestly.
I think the judges were fair on today's probation I won't lie. If they were to exclude anyone, Maybe just Solomon.

By the way, who else noticed how Yusuf opened his mouth when he was called out? Guy, did you really think you did well today? LOL.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by jasmine21(f): 1:13am On Aug 08, 2016
reasonwitme:
can anything good come out of this season's contestants,from choreography to dancers to back up singers to costumes?it's all disastrous. I give up already.when u think DAT winner and pere will consistently shine,they flopped real bad.

Those back up singers honestly! shocked They spoil the songs for the contestants and drag down the Tempo. I noticed it on Okiemutes turn.

I expected more from Pere. Winner was just overdoing things that didn't help her. Well that's what probation is for. Hopefully they all sit up next week.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 3:45am On Aug 08, 2016
jasmine21:

Those back up singers honestly! shocked They spoil the songs for the contestants and drag down the Tempo. I noticed it on Okiemutes turn.

I expected more from Pere. Winner was just overdoing things that didn't help her. Well that's what probation is for. Hopefully they all sit up next week.

God bless you,dose back up are messing things up.

Wen Okeiemute started,they almost pulled her down,was almost screaming, but am happy for her.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 4:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Today's show is kinda beta considering what we av witnessed.

My take

Blessing - This bae needs to work on her notes especially wen switching to high note(I will cut her some slack,she just came in)

Benjamin: Nice Baritone but it was like he was singing a church song(Just coming in as well,I will take that)

Okiemute - Nice performance (YOU ARE FREE TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH THIS WEEK)

Oluchi: Adele's song is difficult to mimic,but adding her own style and making herself audible would av helped. And she doesn't have any emotion (her boy friend go try o)and also poor when she wants to fake it. Girl buckle up.

l. Yusuf: Was he singing Drake's sing? Even Bolanle had to tell him u did ur own version.was right.Still wonder how he got here while Benjamin was left hanging at 1st.I said dis before,because they ask you to own a song doesn't mean you remove the honey in the tea and start pouring sugar. Its not good at all.

Dapo: I dint knw if we can be patient for this voice to mature

Eli: GREAT VOICE,Nice performance. Like some1 rytly said. I want to see him do MICHEAL BOLTON

Pere- This boy just going off and the backup not recalling helping matter,blv he can do beta

Gbemmy0209,I c u,where av u been

6 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 4:24am On Aug 08, 2016
Steve: He'a gat the voice,so much soul Chai.... Think his movement affected a bit,but over all it was good. Lacks emotion too,especially singing a love song to a Bae,u gotta do better. I pray he take mummy j's advice and ignore all d knocks he is getting from other housemates. They are attacking him cos he is a silent threat.Bro maintain your lane,u r not here ti make friends. I see a bright future. Your Dad will be ashamed he abandoned u. Go boy!!!

Winner: Nit a poor performance but a wake up call,glad ita coming early wen u can adjust. You are safe.

Kitay: Voice ON POINT
Use of Stage. ON POINT
Emotion. ON POINT

Warry no dey carry last . One of the best performances for today.
Nice 1

Mirabel - Still wondering how she got here and this far,not impressed

Solomon - He is gradually improving

Gabriel - The only thing I always hear is his accent,needs to get singing bro

Elizabeth - Average in the song,body movement and stage presence saved the day.

Top Performer: Okiemute, Kitay and Eli

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 5:41am On Aug 08, 2016
Somebody will still come here and call me hater for criticising Yusuff

But for God sake, He has been so lucky to get Popular sings back to back
Something he should av taken advantage of and ride on the popularity of the songs to win Fans, Viewers and Judges,He was just flopping

Why did he open his mouth that wide wen he was called on probation.

So for ur mind u sang '1 dance' abi,?

Bro u sang 'No dance'

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 5:52am On Aug 08, 2016
But are these the best 15 Nigeria and Ghana could produce this year?

For what I av seen MTNPF is below par if placed side by side with Atleast previous edition's 2weeks.

Season 7 has been my best
Emekus's first rendition of Ada Ada has been my best ever

Talents were Oozing in the house.

Maybe cos we av more youngsters this edition or wat

Dnt even Knw aw to place it.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 6:53am On Aug 08, 2016
@samhay u ve tlk d tlk fnsh u didn't leave any1 for us to tlk. Gud job

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Solitin40: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2016
gara11:
In my opinion, Worst performance for the night goes to yusuf, closely followed by mirabel then winner, finally elizabeth. Judges shuda swapped solomon for elizabeth
You are right Elizabeth performance was bad she can't perform WORK chai mirabel was just looking she confused Yusulf am waiting for your Fuji after just pack and leave

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gbemmy0209: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2016
samhay:
But are these the best 15 Nigeria and Ghana could produce this year?

For what I av seen MTNPF is below par if placed side by side with Atleast previous edition's 2weeks.

Season 7 has been my best
Emekus's first rendition of Ada Ada has been my best ever

Talents were Oozing in the house.

Maybe cos we av more youngsters this edition or wat

Dnt even Knw aw to place it.

Very nice analysis.
It's not as if they did poorly during the auditions. Its just that given a song totally out of your comfort zone brings out your flaws. I believe they are fairly good in their own rights. By the time 2 people leave this weekend, they will know it's not child's play.
The faculty re-watch the videos after every show. I don't know how come they'v not been able to c the havoc that these back-up confusion does. Plus, why did they renew the dance coach's contract? D excuse was cos Kaffy was busy with 'Dance with Peter'. The show's over. They shud av brought her back or dug for someone better. Their bodies are just stiff like firewood. Dancing is not about whinning the waist only.
God help this season!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2016
gara11:
@samhay u ve tlk d tlk fnsh u didn't leave any1 for us to tlk. Gud job

Oops, Am so sorry

I just felt like pouring out my heart,cos av nt been impressed.

No worry,I go remain talk for u next time

Lol.

U av a fav in d house already?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Whiteee(m): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2016
fabfunmi:
Hmmm...am i the only one that finds dapo's voice the best in the academy....the guy got the voice😊...#okbye

hmm are you sure its his voice or his looks :p
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2016
gbemmy0209:

Very nice analysis.
It's not as if they did poorly during the auditions. Its just that given a song totally out of your comfort zone brings out your flaws. I believe they are fairly good in their own rights. By the time 2 people leave this weekend, they will know it's not child's play.
The faculty re-watch the videos after every show. I don't know how come they'v not been able to c the havoc that these back-up confusion does. Plus, why did they renew the dance coach's contract? D excuse was cos Kaffy was busy with 'Dance with Peter'. The show's over. They shud av brought her back or dug for someone better. Their bodies are just stiff like firewood. Dancing is not about whinning the waist only.
God help this season!

I agree they got a song dat is way off their comfort zones,but nevertheless we are not seeing quality delivery yet.

For the back up,I gave up already

The choreographer is nt really doing a good job. I can do better than that.

I miss Kaffy.

#BringBackOurKaffy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2016
Whiteee:

hmm are you sure its his voice or his looks ;p

Lol, guess she was d only 1 dat fell for the voice
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Whiteee(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2016
samhay:

Lol, guess she was d only 1 dat fell for the voice
guess so too
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by fabfunmi(f): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Whiteee:

hmm are you sure its his voice or his looks :p
lol...maybe both,but he has a great voice..#sideeyes
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Whiteee(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2016
fabfunmi:

lol...maybe both,but he has a great voice..#sideeyes

its in ur borry..well I like him too coz we have a thing in common and that's our love for mirrors.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by fabfunmi(f): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2016
Whiteee:

its in ur borry..well I like him too coz we have a thing in common and that's our love for mirrors.

lol
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by temitee4me(f): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2016
samhay:
Today's show is kinda beta considering what we av witnessed.

My take

Blessing - This bae needs to work on her notes especially wen switching to high note(I will cut her some slack,she just came in)

Benjamin: Nice Baritone but it was like he was singing a church song(Just coming in as well,I will take that)

Okiemute - Nice performance (YOU ARE FREE TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH THIS WEEK)

Oluchi: Adele's song is difficult to mimic,but adding her own style and making herself audible would av helped. And she doesn't have any emotion (her boy friend go try o)and also poor when she wants to fake it. Girl buckle up.

l. Yusuf: Was he singing Drake's sing? Even Bolanle had to tell him u did ur own version.was right.Still wonder how he got here while Benjamin was left hanging at 1st.I said dis before,because they ask you to own a song doesn't mean you remove the honey in the tea and start pouring sugar. Its not good at all.

Dapo: I dint knw if we can be patient for this voice to mature

Eli: GREAT VOICE,Nice performance. Like some1 rytly said. I want to see him do MICHEAL BOLTON

Pere- This boy just going off and the backup not recalling helping matter,blv he can do beta

Gbemmy0209,I c u,where av u been
very nice analysis, to imagine Yusuf was chosen over Kissi....a total waste of slot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Reply)

Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free..,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.