Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW (24093 Views)

Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency / ICT For Change - Huawei Partners FG For Training And Employment Opportunity / Budget 2016 Slashed From 500bn To 75bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by nonjebose(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
aresa:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/07/21/14-companies-partners-fg-on-1-75bn-solar-power-project/
." He expressed dissatisfaction with the low rate of the tariff
regime in the sector, adding that the investors had
expected high tariff in the energy industry". Low rate indeed! It will soon get lower, mtcheeew
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
nonjebose:
." He expressed dissatisfaction with the low rate of the tariff
regime in the sector, adding that the investors had
expected high tariff in the energy industry". Low rate indeed! It will soon get lower, mtcheeew

am i n*tts or wat i should assume the first responsibility of the minister is watch the wholistic chain supply from production to consumption.We trully see who we are in the world and in people,sumthin has gone wrong with our guys always talking up tarliff on power constantly.

Na wa .

Produce power Nigerians we pay..Lol..I enjoy 18hrs power daily in my location.. grin

While where i put my hommies they have power just once in 5days and it last just 90mins..lol

How won't rape and early birth rates increase when night time activites will be oushed up by lack of power?
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by snezBaba: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:
smh...

is it that we lack understanding or the will power to make effective change

For God sakes who builds a 1125 MW plant with $1.75 billion?

You guys may see it as progress, but damn how much do you really know about power generation, its not about the number of stations, rather the capacity. These plants will not be able to deliver up to 45% of their rated capacity to the Grid...

the largest dam in world was built at a cost of $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW of electricity, spare me all the bullshit of littering the whole country with mini-power plants...

build something tangible, power generation is not rocket science all it takes is just some level of responsiveness to the plight of your people

this is how they will keep on taking us for granted, if we just take anything they bring to our table without us questioning them

so much for change...
See yourself Mr CommonSense.oya do the math

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
amazingspiderma:

we should be making solar panel through research,or ask the companies to come and manufacture them here in Nigeria.

makes sense now.

Yes. I see some sense now.

However, this is not about making solar panel, this is about addressing our immediate needs.

Making solar panels is a different issue for the private sector to address based on economics, supply and demand.

Even sef, you still need uninterrupted power supply to effectively support such operation.

Stable power first before anything.

We are losing billions of dollars in industrial activities and endless manpower hours because of stable electricity and even solar panel manufacturers still need stable power supply..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Skmoda360(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:
smh...

You guys may see it as progress, but damn how much do you really know about power generation, its not about the number of stations, rather the capacity. These plants will not be able to deliver up to 45% of their rated capacity to the Grid...

the largest dam in world was built at a cost of $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW of electricity, spare me all the bullshit of littering the whole country with mini-power plants...

build something tangible, power generation is not rocket science all it takes is just some level of responsiveness to the plight of your people

this is how they will keep on taking us for granted, if we just take anything they bring to our table without us questioning them

so much for change...
say that one more time my bro, you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Mackson01: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nigeria is making progress. Let continue to support this government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by nonjebose(m): 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
supersystems:

am i n*tts or wat i should assume the first responsibility of the minister is watch the wholistic chain supply from production to consumption.We trully see who we are in the world and in people,sumthin has gone wrong with our guys always talking up tarliff on power constantly.

Na wa .

Produce power Nigerians we pay..Lol..I enjoy 18hrs power daily in my location.. grin

While where i put my hommies they have power just once in 5days and it last just 90mins..lol

How won't rape and early birth rates increase when night time activites will be oushed up by lack of power?
Exactly my point. Generate and distribute enough energy, Nigerians will pay. It is annoying how they constantly inundate us with increase in tariff
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by musicwriter(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:
smh...

so much for change...

Thank you!.

I wanted to say something along this line when I saw your response.

China generated over 50,000 MW with about $300 Million and here we want to generate little with over $1 Billion!. If the FG give me just $10 Billion I'll solve Nigeria's electricity problem, cause I've discovered myself ''electricity generation is no rocket science'' as you said.

I've built a water powered electricity generator, the first in the history of the world. It's so simple I believe there's an eternal conspiracy to surpress the science by the electricity companies and the powers that control the system of things of this world.

Follow me cause I am going to post the technology here on Nairaland pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by mykelly(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
From the above it seems you are the ignorant party, firstly you complained about cost, you were corrected and now you are saying small power plants scattered around the country is not good....You want a gigantic project that will not see the light of the day abi? We are in this mess today we relied so much on gas coming from same place thereby giving NDA so much power
sammydemperor:

Nah, not today, not now... I won't insult you, Your ignorance has done that to you already

If you could read effectively maybe you'd have had a better understanding of where am driving at

some countries have the luxury of experimenting with solar powered plants, others like Nigeria don't, we currently have an installed capacity of not more than 7,000MW. Instead of building small plants everywhere, why not build something large to generate what can supply the entire country for about 18 hours daily...

You can say all you want, but i won't stoop to your level of immaturity by trading insults... I'd rather trade opinions with you

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
Skmoda360:

say that one more time my bro, you nailed it.

1125 MW plant with $1.75 billion and $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW = $1 Billion per 1000 MW = The same thing.

He did not nail anything, he exposed his ignorance and inability to do simple arithmetic, or maybe you yourself no sabi elementary arithmetic..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by kayo80(m): 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
aresa:

What's the difference between what we are spending and what other countries are spending on 1000MW. For 1125 MW, we are actually getting a good deal for our money.

The going rate for 1000MW is $1 billion.

Even the so called 22.500MW $22 billion largest damn you quoted = $1 billion per 1000 MW.

Do a little elementary arithmetic before spewing rubbish and even a little research before spewing ignorance on the internet. Hate and bitterness can not stop us.

I wish I can see u right now and buy you three bottles of big stout and a bowl of Nkwobi. Three gbosa for u jare

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Jaylone(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
aresa:

1125 MW plant with $1.75 billion and $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW = $1 Billion per 1000 MW = The same thing.

He did not nail anything, he exposed his ignorance and inability to do simple arithmetic, or maybe you yourself no sabi elementary arithmetic..
Simple arithmetic makes 1125MW =$1.125 billion not $1.75billion
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by muyibaba222(m): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Nah, not today, not now... I won't insult you, Your ignorance has done that to you already

If you could read effectively maybe you'd have had a better understanding of where am driving at

some countries have the luxury of experimenting with solar powered plants, others like Nigeria don't, we currently have an installed capacity of not more than 7,000MW. Instead of building small plants everywhere, why not build something large to generate what can supply the entire country for about 18 hours daily...

You can say all you want, but i won't stoop to your level of immaturity by trading insults... I'd rather trade opinions with you

Thanks

Your opinion is a good one but not for countries like Nigeria where some people will stand up tomorrow and say 'it their asset others should not use it because it is on their land'.
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by shamecurls(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
[s]
sammydemperor:
smh...

so much for change...
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by deleib(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
THIS IS A WASTE OF STATE RESOURCES. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT THEY PLAN TO BUILD? SOLAR POWER PLANT ISN'T RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT. THIS IS WHAT WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE AS LONG AS WE KEEP PUTING THE WRONG PERSON IN A POSITION HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HANDLE.
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by logicab: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
nextstep:
batteries
/https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_energy_storage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_energy_storage

Energy storage with a solar farm is different from a personal solar panel.
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by deligatus(m): 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
Its simple federal govt should subsidize solar panel for people to buy personally depending on the amount u want.
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Reference(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
Best news I've heard in ages. Good one Fash, good one. This is the direction we should be heading, diversification of our energy pool, diversification of our economy and investments. I hope the plants will be located in the north so that power injection and flow can be a true circuit, a proper ring transmission circuit that will hopefully open the way for true private participation in the supply of electricity.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by admax(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
You may think your comments is so on point but you know nothing about what you just commented on.

The Government is not the one dolling out $1.75billion but the investors. All Government will do is to buy the power they produce per kilowatt, that's how the investor will get their money back over a 20years period.

Learn to research about stuff.

sammydemperor:
smh...

so much for change...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
When we see the power. We will comment
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by idesylvester(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ok... that's nice let me go and sell my generator

12kva... for sell pls call me on 0706xxx88xx

Thank U
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by admax(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
God bless you!
aresa:

What's the difference between what we are spending and what other countries are spending on 1000MW. For 1125 MW, we are actually getting a good deal for our money.

The going rate for 1000MW is $1 billion.

Even the so called 22.500MW $22 billion largest damn you quoted = $1 billion per 1000 MW.

Do a little elementary arithmetic before spewing rubbish and even a little research before spewing ignorance on the internet. Hate and bitterness can not stop us.

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by ernieboy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
Rossikk:
One reason to not depend on a huge power station is that if war breaks out, and the facility is targeted, its destruction could send the entire country into darkness, and halt economic activities nationwide. So it makes more sense to spread out the plants to various locations.
In engineering there is a concept called "single point of failure". Concentrating the generation capacity in one location makes it susceptible to failure and endangers the entire country. Even more advanced countries are moving towards a decentralized generation system. The guy is either ignorant or is being mischievous.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by ernieboy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
nextstep:
"Ouch!"

That was the sound of me falling out of my tree from laughing so hard. $1.75billion, on solar for 1125MW. I'm a *huuuge* fan of solar, but this effort might do us more harm than not. Let me see if I can explain in between stifling my laughter.

First, we know that 1/2 the money will just be eaten, so we're down to $875 million

Second, our minister has not yet learned to successfully manage the hydro and thermal plants we have on ground successfully, but rather than fixing the problem (underperforming plants, woeful grid, and ne'er do well vandals), we're pouring money down the drain on new infrastructure. I know some towns whose transformers have blown for years now.

Third, does this involve huge banks of battery banks or are we only going to see electricity when the sun is shining?

Fourth, solar needs a good amount of maintenance (cleaning the panels regularly, battery replacement) to continue to work. I'm sure there's no money in this budget for maintenance or replacement. How do we dispose of (or recycle) all the used batteries? Are we just going to dump all that lead in our ground, every 2-3 years?

Fifth, show me a government-provided solar installation that worked after six months.

Sixth, have we trained anybody local to install and maintain? Or are we going to see rusted pieces of metal in about 1-2 years time?

Seventh, how are we going to pay for all this? Is it loan, bonds, or existing cash? Will tariffs rise 3x?

Anyways, good job, looking forward to seeing it work, now back up the mango tree I go.
Guy you don't know how solar farms operate. Let me try and educate you a little. The setup of solar farms are a bit different from domestic solar where u either store the energy in batteries or have a grid tied system. In solar farms the the DC power generated are inverted immediately and stepped up by transformers and sent into the grid for consumption. Secondly the solar farms are not going to be owned and maintained by the fg. The fg (which still owns the transmission sub sector) has only signed an agreement to buy the electricity generated by the solar farms established by the various companies.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by diegwu01: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
nextstep:
"Ouch!"

That was the sound of me falling out of my tree from laughing so hard. $1.75billion, on solar for 1125MW. I'm a *huuuge* fan of solar, but this effort might do us more harm than not. Let me see if I can explain in between stifling my laughter.

First, we know that 1/2 the money will just be eaten, so we're down to $875 million

Second, our minister has not yet learned to successfully manage the hydro and thermal plants we have on ground successfully, but rather than fixing the problem (underperforming plants, woeful grid, and ne'er do well vandals), we're pouring money down the drain on new infrastructure. I know some towns whose transformers have blown for years now.

Third, does this involve huge banks of battery banks or are we only going to see electricity when the sun is shining?

Fourth, solar needs a good amount of maintenance (cleaning the panels regularly, battery replacement) to continue to work. I'm sure there's no money in this budget for maintenance or replacement. How do we dispose of (or recycle) all the used batteries? Are we just going to dump all that lead in our ground, every 2-3 years?

Fifth, show me a government-provided solar installation that worked after six months.

Sixth, have we trained anybody local to install and maintain? Or are we going to see rusted pieces of metal in about 1-2 years time?

Seventh, how are we going to pay for all this? Is it loan, bonds, or existing cash? Will tariffs rise 3x?

Anyways, good job, looking forward to seeing it work, now back up the mango tree I go.
the initiative would be privately run, The FG has no hand in the setting up or maintenance

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by iamdahmmy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nairadays:
Good development for Solar Energy Companies. Profit Time.

But what about generating power from wind? If that's possible, we can add that too to the national grid.

Anyway good development from the government.

U right..I was gonna suggest that too..why not try wind too..and do more more research on coal....we can tap from all this four...water, wind ,coal,solar..I don't support uranium tho..its too dangerous...
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
nonjebose:
Exactly my point. Generate and distribute enough energy, Nigerians will pay. It is annoying how they constantly inundate us with increase in tariff

he got taxation breeding and not implementation,u blame am who trained him and wat was d trainer's shobby ?
Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by dyn1800: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
save your Energy from that myopic minded brat .... His hateful perception has beclouded his reasoning ...

He has an option of disconnecting is house from the light generated from those projects.....
It's not by force for him to use the light

aresa:

Talking facts with ignorance and you still can not do simple arithmetic.

Modular power plants is the future of power supply, it's the direction the rest of the world is heading, read up on it and educate yourself..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by tundexijim(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
musicwriter:

Thank you!.

I wanted to say something along this line when I saw your response.

China generated over 50,000 MW with about $300 Million and here we want to generate little with over $1 Billion!. If the FG give me just $10 Billion I'll solve Nigeria's electricity problem, cause I've discovered myself ''electricity generation is no rocket science'' as you said.

I've built a water powered electricity generator, the first in the history of the world. It's so simple I believe there's an eternal conspiracy to surpress the science by the electricity companies and the powers that control the system of things of this world.

Follow me cause I am going to post the technology here on Nairaland pretty soon.

undecided wake up pls... are u sleeping?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Reference(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
deligatus:
Its simple federal govt should subsidize solar panel for people to buy personally depending on the amount u want.

Pally you no dey taya for subsidy and corruption. Government should do no such thing. It will spike inflation and a further run on the naira. We don't need consumption subsidies but production incentives. What we need is massive investment in component production, components like solar panels, deep cycle batteries, etc. Government should either identify offshore manufacturers (particularly the Asian ones) and drag them kicking and screaming with every incentive in the book to set up shop in Nigeria or identify top, top private Nigerian industrial concerns (and they can give it their usual geo bullshite colouration) such as the Dangote, Innoson and Honeywell, and give them World War II type marching orders (like the marching orders given to Ford and Boeing in America; Porsche, Volkswagen, Fokker and Krupp in Germany and Mitsubishi in Imperial Japan), to manufacture a set number of components within the tightest time schedule in the history of Nigeria or face the gulag. That is the one certain way of kick starting an industrial power revolution.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by dyn1800: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
At least they will see a football match in 5 days grin cheesy grin
supersystems:

Na wa .

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Reference(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
Izontubo:
Very good....NDA helping this government think outside the box....very good

That's what I've been saying all along. The biggest economy in the world, the US has the second world war to thank for all its main manufactiring concerns. The third largest economy in the world, Japan was nuked in 1945, the fourth largest (if I'm not mistaken), Germany was turned to the largest stone quarry on earth by american, british and russian bombers. Why on earth can the black man, the Nigerian not profit from adversity. We are the only country in the world that has fought a civil war and gained nothing from it, rather retrogressing steadily since the war ended in 1971. Even Rwanda has changed for the better, unrecognizable. Why are certain sections so damned incensed, angry that free oil is going when it is the best thing to happen to this country when we all know it will soon run out or technology will overtake its appeal. Why do we resist the inevitable like a junkie resists his crack pipe being taken away......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Youths Protest Against Rice Donations By Senators (Photos) / Afenifere Suspends Omisore Over Osun Elections / Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen Of 69 Senate Committees (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.