Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria (21875 Views)

An Amazing Beachfront Estate With Title Documentation C Of O +2348167350289 / Dry Land With Title Document At Abraham Adesanya / Land Behind Shoprite Sangotedo Ajah @N5m Promo(Royal Flex Estate With Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by chopnaira: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
As shared by statisense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Goodvibes007: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
Interesting stats.

Some region are very low for reasons like misogyny and cultural inheritance laws.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.

285 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Ezeama400: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Most educated regions ( Christian regions) will always have less in women property acquisition because they despise polygamy...

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by mandarin: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
With low female education in the Nortwest, this may have to do with marriage, May be also in the Northeast.
The one of Southeast may have been influenced by culture despite the level of educated female in that region.

This is an important data .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Devine288(f): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
Data is indeed powerful. Would never have imagined what I am seeing.

70 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by paxx: 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
Let's show female education rates. Percentage that reached college.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Okwyjesus(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
chopnaira:
As shared by statisense.

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1723417177213002136?t=biN42WBzEkqhn2Kx_m4_cw&s=19

SE has high regard for men in matrimonial homes. So men owns property and pass it to sons. Women buy in their sons name or Co own with their hubby.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Entprys(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
So infidelity helps.
Cos level of unfaithfulness among our women in SW might have influenced this progress

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by chopnaira: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
More interesting stats:

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Localemperor: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Looking at the data, it's clearly means that it's has less to do with education and wealth and has move to do with culture of inheritance. In the South East it is assume that a woman would marry and join a new family where her male children can inherit her husband's landed property and pass it down to their male sons till infinity. This is not to say women can not buy lands in their names, they could if they want, but they did prefer to do that in their sons or husbands name.

The situation in the North is a direct opposite, female can inherit landed properties in her name and pass it down to who ever she pleased. This is not to say that one is better than the other, but culture has played a great part on both divide.

The lands that was passed to me by my father, was cultivated by my grandfather and the father before him, of which my sons and their male sons would lord over till the end of time.

Igbos are territorial in nature and are ready to go to war, to the last man over a territory. After all, a man bows to no one except his chi, it is a good cause to die for. Many had died for less.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Wawuuu cool

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
chopnaira:
More interesting stats:
This is expected. Religious reasons. Polygamy is popular in regions with lots of Muslims.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by chopnaira: 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
More interesting stats related to women..

spousal control by zone.
Women experience of physical violence.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by mandarin: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife.

It also relates to the high rate of polygamy, women have higher tendency to own property in their own name if the husband is polygamous. In that case each wife tries to secure the future of their own children. Statistically, South East is least in polygamy in Nigeria because of the influence of Christianity, so their women will be the least in owning landed property in their own names.

Polygamy and divorce could contribute but can't tell the whole story.

12 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by omenka(m): 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
Normally, Gbajue Talibans, just like their Afghan cousins, no dey rate women at all.

Congratulations APC. We did it again!!🙂

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by omenka(m): 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Data is indeed powerful. Would never have imagined what I am seeing.
But you should have known this long ago. By their culture, women have no rights to inheritance. So this doesn't in any way come as a surprise.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by paxx: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
omenka:
But you should have known this long ago. By their culture, women have no rights to inheritance. So this doesn't in any way come as a surprise.

according to your king, igbos and yorubas are twin civilizations. But keep on insulting your brother :p

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by sagitariusbaby(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
It's natural, where you have a predominant polygamous families, you don't expect women not to buy properties in their own names instead of joint or their husband's name.

For instance, my wife does not buy anything in her name including lands, she either use my name or our son's name to buy it, she wouldn't do that if I have other wives or if I had previously had male children with other women.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
mandarin:

Polygamy and divorce could contribute but can't tell the whole story.
Thry are the main reason a woman could own a propertt in her name. Cultural side of inheritance is too minute to make an impact.

Apart from these what else could be the reason?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
omenka:
So all the woman in the other regions got their property through inheritance?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by slivertongue: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
PHIPEX:

some good points up there

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by deji17: 4:58am On Nov 12, 2023
Waoh.
For SS, Im sure Benin is responsible for most of their figures. Some of their women are widows who inherited husband properties....
For SE... Hmm
Only 2%,. This explains why their women loves to marry outsiders. Slavery!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by ATEAMS: 4:59am On Nov 12, 2023
Wow
Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 5:02am On Nov 12, 2023
Facts are facts! But wait a minute...

Do they really own the houses or are those from some corrupt men who use the names of their sisters and wives to buy houses?

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by YourKarma: 5:10am On Nov 12, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Interesting stats.

Some region are very low for reasons we all know i.e. misogyny and cultural inheritance laws.
Not at all. The reason is polygamy. That's why you see the rates are higher in the north than even in the south east. The SE has the least number of Muslims

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Lanretoye(m): 5:11am On Nov 12, 2023
Polygamy is one factor in the north but in the south east,most of our mothers are full house wives who ties wrapper from morning till night,if you dont gerrit...
KingOfAllIgbos:
shocked

Damn! No wonder Amaka and Ngozi desperately grip my waist with yamlegs during kerewa.

Who wants to drink corpse water or fight with in-laws over inheritance? undecided
will you stop this nonsense,i didnt come here to laugh this early morning. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by Dafresh: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2023
deji17:
Waoh.
For SS, Im sure Benin is responsible for most of their figures. Some of their women are widows who inherited husband properties....
For SE... Hmm
Only 2%,. This explains why their women loves to marry outsiders. Slavery!
some of you de yern rubbish. Igbo girls love to marry outside their region you're a liar

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by nkpommpko(m): 5:13am On Nov 12, 2023
PHIPEX:
There is a close relationship between this stats and Divorce rate. The higher the divorce rate, the higher the potential for a woman to own a property IN HER OWN NAME. Why should my wife own a property in her own name if we are happily married, the least is co-ownership of property between the husband and the wife. Very very correct.

Re: Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:14am On Nov 12, 2023
shocked

Damn! No wonder Amaka and Ngozi desperately grip my waist with yamlegs during kerewa.

Who wants to drink corpse water or fight with in-laws over inheritance? undecided

30 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / What Survey Plan Is All About / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.