Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? (924 Views)

"Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / #3Billion Engagement Ring, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / When She Is Too Cheap...... Better Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by 0ubenji(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
Evolution has taught us to follow the crowd.
We are all influenced to some degree by mass behaviour of
other people as regards weddings and all. Researching what a person spends on their
engagement ring gives us a benchmark to compare our own
budget. Women do this job mostly, wanting everything related to their wedding completely unique. From the types, styles and designers of the gown and suits to the type of engagement ring to buy.
We, the men are usually obliged to cough out real handy cash to let the spouse get the best taste of that befitting engagement ring.
Spend too much and it could be viewed as overkill.
Spend too little and it might be considered as embarrassingly cheap. We are
all influenced by choking trends and tradition.
Tradition has suggested "classic-taste" men spend between 1-3 months of their
salary on an engagement ring. Around 66% of the average man buying
engagement rings spend below a month’s salary on their
engagement ring purchase.
Personal finances are stretched for most people and not so for others

Does the seeming cost of a couple's engagement ring create any impression of being too cheap a couple or being wasteful?...does it really matter the amount a couple splash on just a ring?

Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by curvysola(f): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
at least 500k hey i didnt force you to marry me! angry
Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by byvan03: 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
You go for what you can afford, if she won't accept, give it to someone that will.

1 Like

Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by DRISKLEF(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
LOL!
Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by ButterFrost212(f): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
My engagement ring had better not be cheap...ofcourse I won't want you to spend so much on a ring I'd be wearing for a couple of months tops, but then again it has to be above average
Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by osesology(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
byvan03:
You go for what you can afford, if she won't accept, give it to someone that will.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by charijee(f): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
Engagement ring
You should be thinking of how much you'll spend in your marriage till you both grow old and die
Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by MasterJayJay: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
curvysola:
at least 500k hey i didnt force you to marry me! angry
Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by curvysola(f): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
MasterJayJay:

oh please! are you my future husband? how does my issue concern you? who are you self?

Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by MasterJayJay: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
ButterFrost212:
My engagement ring had better not be cheap...ofcourse I won't want you to spend so much on a ring I'd be wearing for a couple of months tops, but then again it has to be above average

1 Like

Re: Any Amount Too Much Or Too Cheap For An Engagement Ring? by 0ubenji(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
ButterFrost212:
"Couple of months" tops kee?
U get divorce for mind ni?

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Young Female Doctor Killed In A Fatal Accident In Abia Sate / Every Girl Is A Potential Cheat. / Signs Your Guy Is Still In-love With His Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.