Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians (51649 Views)

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / Akin Alabi Blasts Adeboye Over Comment On Type Of People To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by mechanics(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
I wonda if dat primate is reali a child of God, has he forgotten d bible dat says God neva sleep nor slumbers, does he knw wat d men of God he cald are doing in their closet to halt every form of violence and terrorism, has men of God, d only instrument of war we have is prayer, so we must all pray dat God shud avert all forms of violence and terrorism.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by alexarelano(m): 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
sad
Didn't know it's not Rev'd Olushola Ayodele Areogun
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by kessler53(m): 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Benita27:
So their prayers for this country isn't enough. You want them to fight the muslims?.

Sorry Sir!, you sound like you envy these names you just mentioned.

Their silence is the best.
I dissagree.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Chuksxyview(m): 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
He expects them to comment and condemn the ill acts as they represent a great number of christian folks, not remain silent as if they are not men of God with much followers. Even the Pastor Vice President remained deaf, dumb and blind to all this evil act, and you can only deduce envy from a clear opinion of the cleric, its well. Who does not pray for this country, what makes the pastors own special?The silence might look like the best and continue till the killings draw closer to you.

Benita27:
So their prayers for this country isn't enough. You want them to fight the muslims?.

Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Clinton207: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Forwetinnah:
It really baffles me...im a Living Faith Member and I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the quietness of Bishop Oyedepo, even more disappointed in Adeboye. Why are they being silent over the persecution of their members? Oyedepo used to be very vocal about nonsense like this but of late he's been rather too quiet
prophets and apostles are meant to speak the mind of God and not just talk for talking sake
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by inertiia(f): 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
were u expecting dem to carry machetes and guns to go and fight,do u knows how much they labour in prayer for this country?holding crusades,fastings,prayers,stop judging, if u start the protest there will be no problem
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Lush100(m): 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
from his statement, Rev Ayodele is angry.
he has a right to be angry cos he is human, because of the evil happening to his fellow brothers/sister.

however not everything he said is as it is.

And yes the Pastors mentioned are supposed to speak, to act but not just in this manner. I mean not without preparation.

Take a look at Esther, her people were being prepared to be killed.
Mordecai was angry.
bit Esther went on to fast before reaching out to the King.

bihari is Nigeria's president.
he is a Muslim &_Fulani.
the pastor need to take up the case to God.
in fact how do we know that some of the pastors did not heed God's warning of what will happen (Pastor Bosun Rev comes to mind).
so they take the issue up to God. once God gives them the key to act. then they will speak. &even the president will "_bow"

my take
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by omoneyoj(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2016
How many problem can words of mouth solve, uncountable criticism from owolowo, bola ige, gani faweyihin, taiye solarin about Nigeria system of government, and even fayose self still dey der, as anything change?
Abi as he forgotten what the Bible said,

"that the weapon of our walfare are not canal, but might through the pulling down of stronghold"
Even imam's herbalist, all this spiritual men's understand this, that why they talk a little, but act more in their closet.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by teejay3087(m): 12:30am On Jul 30, 2016
And what is going to happen if they speak up
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by tim1256(m): 1:11am On Jul 30, 2016
MadCow1:
Who be Ayodele? angry angry angry Is he related to Fayose? angry angry angry

Does he have Private Jet? angry angry

If not then he is not annointed and so should not talk to God's annoited Men of God like that. angry

Are you this mad?
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by AndrewFarms(m): 2:36am On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You're not worshipping your god

You're worshipping a man

First, you called yourself son of god

Now you're son of Oyedepo

Mathew 10:41
He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. (KJV)

I believe in God's prophet and not man for my reward.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by brunoMcJaY(m): 2:48am On Jul 30, 2016
blackfase:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/29/primate-ayodele-blasts-adeboye-oyedepo-kumuyi-silence-killings-christians/

Why must public speaking the only way this "big pastors" can react? They have a better and surer way that has never failed them - Prayer. Screaming and ranting to the press would not change the mindset of someone that wants to commit murder. Let us get our priorities right and concentrate on what matters not what some pastors are saying or not saying!
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Afinn01: 3:09am On Jul 30, 2016
What d elders see n shake their heads,even with ladder the small ones can't see it.this men kept quite because something is coming.when men like them keep silent!!it means >>>God fight this battle for me.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Anas09: 6:41am On Jul 30, 2016
blackfase:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/29/primate-ayodele-blasts-adeboye-oyedepo-kumuyi-silence-killings-christians/
I can't see one single scripture quoted by this prophet to back his assertions up. And who instructed him to wear what he is wearing calling himseld a prophet? Which Bible passage gave him that permission?

That man doesn't know his Bible, neither can he read the SIGNS of time.
If Jesus Christ were alive today, and his fore running John the Baptist gets beheaded by the King, but instead of Jesus saying a single word, he departs from that area, by now the Prophet Ayodele's would have tagged him, FAKE call him weak.

Followers of Christ who do not know Christ.

Satan must be about his own ministry. This is his time, IT IS WEITTEN. and once it's written, it must come to pass. Cry, kill yaself, deny Christ, It won't change a thing.
If these things do not happen, then we Christians have a reason to be concerned about.

Revelation 6:9-11 When the Lamb broke open the fifth seal, I saw at the foot of the altar the souls of those whose lives had been sacrificed for [adhering to] the Word of God and for the testimony they had borne. They cried in a loud voice, O [Sovereign] Lord, holy and true, how long now before You will sit in judgment and avenge our blood upon those who dwell on the earth? Then they were each given a long and flowing and festive white robe and told to rest and wait patiently a little while longer, until the number should be complete of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Christianity goes with suffering for Christ's sake.
Stop talking nonsense Prophe,t and go and read your Bible.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by conine: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2016
They don't want their names be mention to avoid EFCC visitation.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Anas09: 7:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Stelvin101:

Shey the Bible says Prayer without works is dead? In as much as they are praying, their voice is also needed because secretly Muslim are building a big cage around Christians in Nigeria and waiting for the right time to strike!
The Muslims work to bring to pass the prophecies of Christ. They are not working agsiant Christ. It may seem so, but it's not. Faith without works means, you who is saved by grace should also go out for those who are still lost. Leave satan to do his own.
What Xhristians shd do now is massive evangelism. And Winners Chapel has been on it, since close to a year now, Its been OPERATION WONDER DOUBLE to Rescue the lost.
ALLAH IS SATAN and we are not to stop satan, we are to rescue lost souls. Life on earth is not ours to keep. Life is beyond the grave. And beyond the grave, Satan can't do shit. Here is what Jesus said;

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew:10:28

You dont know why Allah is so bent on killing people?Allah is not just killing Christians and Jews,because , If he is done killing us, he will turn aganst Muslims too. Satan's frustration is against 'Man', but man is to daft to understand that. See the prison he put the muslims.

Let the Muslims build their cage and 'YOU' be very afraid. The only reason you shd be afraid is not because the Muslims are coming, it's because, after they kill you here, Christ will kill you laterlater when you die, for he has to power to kill your spirit. So be afriad, OR receive Christ and secure your eternity.
That one na it matter the most oo.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Benita27:
So Sorry that we have different views. grin

You won't blame me, christianity is my path, call it watever you like.
no need to apologise, oh! NO ! I Don't blame you! I blame your parents who made you, perhaps even forced you from childhood to believe in some fairy Stories about a God some were that no one can see, because he is a spirit and that if you didn't obey what he said you will go to hell grin (i wonder which country this hell is located). Without given you the chance and freedom to choose, I was told the same story perhaps to keep me in a straight and narrow and your so called pastors are helping to peddle the same stories, obviously you will never have chosen any other part.

i would like to ask, if i may? Are you one of those who believes when a child is been naughty (which common with every normal child) that he/she must be possessed by evil spirit ( one wonders which country evil spirits comes from and which language they speak grin) and why is it always children? Is it because children can't defend themselves. Hence the appauling accusation By Adults who claim to be christians.

Also these so called pastors who are preaching about enternal life in heaven yet are acquiring huge mansions and hellicopters ( at the expense of their Gullible followers) on earth, is either they are not interested in enternal life in heaven or the are just telling porkies to their Gullible followers. Pardon my long epistle tongue
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Anas09: 7:16am On Jul 30, 2016
vislabraye:

You are missing the point. He's not saying Christians should not be persecuted but when theres institutionalized killing, we shouldn't be quiet. Even in the bible, the apostles and prophets of old challenged the authority. Jesus called Herod, "that old fox."
We don't live in the stone ages again. This is civilization. The question you should ask yourself is, " is it it acceptable to kill or destroy properties ?" If not, then Christians should not be killed. Even apostle Paul challenged the Jews who flogged him that he was a Roman citizen.
Hahahahahahahaha. Christians never challenged the authorities and pls stop quoting the scriptures out of context. Wasnt that same Herod who beheaded John the Baptist? What did Jesus do or say? And Jesus, Paul and all the Apostles and other followers of Christ,how did they die? In their old age lying down on their beds with their children surrounding them?
Deny suffering as a Christian, and deny Christ.

Na now we go know true Christians. True Christianity doesnt do well when there is no persecution. Dont worry dear, God is in charge.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by MadCow1: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2016
tim1256:

Are you this mad?

Before Nko? angry

Is it you that is Mad?
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by philips70(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2016
Benita27:
Help me as the pastor.

He sounds so bitter.

Am very sure he wants them to call Christians to war before he will be satisfied. Sometimes I just feel these men of God do not read their Bibles. People need enough restraint in this country to keep the fragile peace going. The media is not helping matters at the moment, it would seem they want the country burnt to pieces. Social media has made the matter worse. The headlines about the Sultan of Sokoto's speech he talked about was completely different from what the man said himself. If you read the report itself you will be shocked why such a headline, but the media just don't care. The Kaduna carpenter he talked about was another sensational story even taken to the extent somebody tweeted the guy died. Truth of that matter is the issue never had anything to do with religion as I personally followed it myself being that I was in Kaduna at the time and the guy was nowhere near death condition. As bad as the Kano incident was you could see agents of confusion sensationalized it to the extent an old man who was supposed to be mourning his dead wife had to come on TV to debunk rumors his wife was beheaded. These same people even called him a fool. You will be shocked there are some agents of destabilization that are not happy BH is killing people of all religions, with the highest casualties even being Muslims themselves.
I do not really blame the primate that much as both traditional and social media have been to much awashed with so much misinformation as of late.
And for those of you calling on Osinbajo, what do you want him do? Walk up to Buhari and give him a slap? How many percentage of the killings we have witnessed in the country in recent years is that of Muslim/Christians attack? Maybe less than 1% and commonsense should tell you this is not even an issue at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahaha. Christians never challenged the authorities and pls stop quoting the scriptures out of context. Wasnt that same Herod who beheaded John the Baptist? What did Jesus do or say? And Jesus, Paul and all the Apostles and other followers of Christ,how did they die? In their old age lying down on their beds with their children surrounding them?
Deny suffering as a Christian, and deny Christ.

Na now we go know true Christians. True Christianity doesnt do well when there is no persecution. Dont worry dear, God is in charge.
wow! People are been murdered, and you are talking about denieng christ, these murderers needs to be rounded up and sent to jail, besides what kinda Christ lets his people been killed? While he stands and watch and do nothing, he (christ) is not protecting his people is he? grin it boggles the mind
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2016
Lush100:
from his statement, Rev Ayodele is angry.
he has a right to be angry cos he is human, because of the evil happening to his fellow brothers/sister.

however not everything he said is as it is.

And yes the Pastors mentioned are supposed to speak, to act but not just in this manner. I mean not without preparation.

Take a look at Esther, her people were being prepared to be killed.
Mordecai was angry.
bit Esther went on to fast before reaching out to the King.

bihari is Nigeria's president.
he is a Muslim &_Fulani.
the pastor need to take up the case to God.
in fact how do we know that some of the pastors did not heed God's warning of what will happen (Pastor Bosun Rev comes to mind).
so they take the issue up to God. once God gives them the key to act. then they will speak. &even the president will "_bow"

my take

Shut up my friend. What preparations do you need before you respond when your house is on fire? These so-called MoGs are mostly selfish. As long as money is coming through collections and their schools and business centres they could care less if the entire country burns to ashes.
The Bible condemns keeping quiet in the face of injustice especially when it is in your power to make a difference. If all your church does is pray against social ill without acting correspondingly in line with the prayer, then your pastor needs flogging.
Christians are being killed and all you do is pray and collect offerings and prepare... If na your family member dem slaughter like cow, shey you go just tanda there dey pray?
If it's the family members of some of these big MoGs that were killed by the stupid mad cows, I am sure they would have acted differently.

A religious body must be socially responsible. The ones in Nigeria are altogether irresponsible...with the exception of the invisible few.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2016
gypsey:
wow! People are been murdered, and you are talking about dening christ, these murderers needs to be rounded and sent to jail, what kinda Christ lets his people been killed? While he stands and watch and do nothing, he (christ) is not protecting his people is he? grin it boggles the mind

I am as shocked as you are at that dude's misguarded self-destructive piety.

This is not a question of Christ allowing the Christians to be killed or Allah commanding the muslims to kill.
This is a question of Nigeria, a country where murder is a crime punishable under the law.
If a Christian desires to be a martyr let him seek out a fanatic that will kill him. And when both have achieved their warped religious desires, the Nigerian law should kick in and prosecute the killer. It's that simple.
Nigeria is not a Church.
Nigeria is not a Mosque.
Nigeria is a country with laws.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by DrinkWater10: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Benita27:

Silly you. The catholic church swiftly condemned the killing of the aged priests in France.
Where is Bsp Oyedepo now?
Religion should be banned in this country.
El Rufai's should be sent to the National Assembly.
Yesternight I couldnt sleep because two churches were competing as to who has the loudest voice sound equipments, and it shouldn't be so.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2016
bizme:

I am as shocked as you are at that dude's misguarded self-destructive piety.

This is not a question of Christ allowing the Christians to be killed or Allah commanding the muslims to kill.
This is a question of Nigeria, a country where murder is a crime punishable under the law.
If a Christian desires to be a martyr let him seek out a fanatic that will kill him. And when both have achieved their warped religious desires, the Nigerian law should kick in and prosecute the killer. It's that simple.
Nigeria is not a Church.
Nigeria is not a Mosque.
Nigeria is a country with laws.
exactly! What i was trying to articulate, even during the so called christ time he advised his followers to obey the law of the land,( muslims included) i also believe that in them days they had laws and they expected the people to obey it regardless of their religious surscriptions.
In the case of nigeria criminals and murderers are been let to roam the streets and commit artrocities and some warped mind believes it's a way of establishing or in his own words, it's the way of " knowing true christians". what? By murdering them? It boggles mind.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2016
gypsey:
no need to apologise, oh! NO ! I Don't blame you! I blame your parents who made you, perhaps even forced you from childhood to believe in some fairy Stories about a God some were that no one can see, because he is a spirit and that if you didn't obey what he said you will go to hell grin (i wonder which country this hell is located). Without given you the chance and freedom to choose, I was told the same story perhaps to keep me in a straight and narrow and your so called pastors are helping to peddle the same stories, obviously you will never have chosen any other part.

i would like to ask, if i may? Are you one of those who believes when a child is been naughty (which common with every normal child) that he/she must be possessed by evil spirit ( one wonders which country evil spirits comes from and which language they speak grin) and why is it always children? Is it because children can't defend themselves. Hence the appauling accusation By Adults who claim to be christians.

Also these so called pastors who are preaching about enternal life in heaven yet are acquiring huge mansions and hellicopters ( at the expense of their Gullible followers) on earth, is either they are not interested in enternal life in heaven or the are just telling porkies to their Gullible followers. Pardon my long epistle tongue
You don't have to blame my parents, or i could likely blame yours for ur religion.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by amazingspiderma: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2016
Benita27:

Which prayers,abeg park well.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Benita27:
You don't have to blame my parents, or i could likely blame yours for ur religion.
okay i apologise for blaming them, do not blame my parents either, to be fair to to them they sound like you (so called christians) and i grow up with them brain washing me with their believes (which they thought and still thinks it's the right thing to do) which is christianity i was a child i had no choice, now i am a grown up, i can choose, so it's not their fault i have chosen what ever part i desire.
And do not continue assuming i am an atheist, i don't even know what atheism means tongue
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Anas09:

The Muslims work to bring to pass the prophecies of Christ. They are not working agsiant Christ. It may seem so, but it's not. Faith without works means, you who is saved by grace should also go out for those who are still lost. Leave satan to do his own.
What Xhristians shd do now is massive evangelism. And Winners Chapel has been on it, since close to a year now, Its been OPERATION WONDER DOUBLE to Rescue the lost.
ALLAH IS SATAN and we are not to stop satan, we are to rescue lost souls. Life on earth is not ours to keep. Life is beyond the grave. And beyond the grave, Satan can't do shit. Here is what Jesus said;

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew:10:28

You dont know why Allah is so bent on killing people?Allah is not just killing Christians and Jews,because , If he is done killing us, he will turn aganst Muslims too. Satan's frustration is against 'Man', but man is to daft to understand that. See the prison he put the muslims.

Let the Muslims build their cage and 'YOU' be very afraid. The only reason you shd be afraid is not because the Muslims are coming, it's because, after they kill you here, Christ will kill you laterlater when you die, for he has to power to kill your spirit. So be afriad, OR receive Christ and secure your eternity.
That one na it matter the most oo.

Keep on deceiving urself. Christ was prepared to die to save humanity. Muslim are not prepared to butcher Christians like Ram and Annihilate us from the surface of this world. There is nothing in being alive, grow old and die and still walk the path Christ too. If u don't value ur life, u can go to Sokoto or Kano and preach at night, dat way I will understand all you just said.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2016
gypsey:
okay i apologise for blaming them, do not blame my parents either, to be fair to to them they sound like you (so called christians) and i grow up with them brain washing me with their believes (which they thought and still thinks it's the right thing to do) which is christianity i was a child i had no choice, now i am a grown up, i can choose, so it's not their fault i have chosen what ever part i desire.
And do not continue assuming i am an atheist, i don't even know what atheism means tongue
We live with the choices we make, goodluck!.
Re: Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians by Deepfreezer(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2016
donem:
all the aforementioned from one tribe, maybe their scared.
they are all COWARDS you should know by now its in their DNA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) / Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / Leaked Audio: I Will Not Campaign For Anybody Till I Go To Heaven - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.