Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian (942 Views)

When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? / "My First And Best Sex Experience Ever" - Shared By A Woman / "My Hottest Sexual Experience Ever" - Shared By Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Koval12(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
A cacophonous sound of cry filled the air as people trooped in their numbers to the hospital where her dead body lies. A motley group of people and friends gathered to mourn with Tina's parents. I wish she remained alive to know that I love her.
It was a Friday morning, the air was still and humid and the stars that twinkled in the night sky are gradually disappearing to give birth to a new day. The birds whistle in the silence of the sky to mark the threshold of a new day. Hardly did I know that the day will turn out to a tragedy. This is to prove the saying that no matter how life is spent at its end, become a tragedy and a mystery.
That fateful day, I woke up on time to prepare for Tina's arrival and declaration of my love for her. Tina is my childhood friend. I still recall the day when we first met; it was the first day of our primary four and we were in the same class. Unintentionally, I collided with her head trying to reach for my pen that had been knocked out on the floor. Hardly did I know that she was trying to reach for it too. From that day on, we became best of friends. She was like a sister to me. For the remaining two years in Primary school, we were toge remaining two years in Primary school, we were together, leaned on each other and did most things together.
After our primary six, things changed. We had been together for two implausible years; now we are living each other in pursuit of education to different boarding schools, located in different states. We never wanted to depart our homes, but it was not ours to decide. My new school was like a new world for me. My deep profound love for her was still there and I do not want to leave her.
Two years passed, Tina's parents could not allow her to come home, rather, they will compel her to stay with the uncle in Lagos. It was on the third year that we met only to notice that my feelings for her just increased. My feelings were so strong, but I never had the courage to confess my love before her. I have taken her as friend and sister but now I can feel something much stronger. I was afraid I may lose her if I tell her that I love her. Childhood memories still vivid to me: a feeling that have never given me the chance to declare my love. But I wonder why it stayed for quite a long time to say, 'I love you'. She has shown me true friendship and I will never regret being with her for the short holiday. As it is said that true friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of hearts, our friendship had improved our happiness and abates misery by doubling our joys and dividing our grief.
Two days before her departure to school she told me, but I was upset because I wish the holiday never ends. I planned to meet her at the airport so that my last words to her will be, 'I love you'. I tried to go realizing that I had to confess my love for her before she leaves but I was too late to meet up with the flight. I am going to miss her so badly. All the good times we had will never be forgotten. I wish I could come with her. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I realized that I have failed for the second time. Many thoughts came to my mind in the quietness of the moment, but I cannot help the situation. A man does what he must in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures. As john Kennedy once wrote: the courage of life is a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. I have lacked the courage to declare my love for Tina but now I must say it no matter what it will cost; though it must wait till the next time I see her. I left the airport despaired, knowing that I have failed for the second time.
My deep profound love for her is still there and I do not want to leave her. The thought of missing her for one or two years makes me sick. I decided to take consolation in watching the picture she left for me, but instead, watching the pictures puts me in a considerable resentment, since it cannot fill the deep hole that her absence has created.
One year had passed and still no sign of her. I tried calling her uncle in Lagos every once in a while and he would always say 'oh! She is not around, but I will tell her you called' and I would be depressed sometimes thinking that she is just avoiding my calls. However I had my doubts. What if she forgot about me? What if she has got a boyfriend and been busy to talk or even stay in touch with me? A lot of what “ifs” are on my head.
Two years had passed and still no sign of his letters or phone calls. The more I tried to get over her, the more the thoughts of her fill my memory. One month later, on that faithful Thursday evening, Tina's sister had came to my house to inform me that Tina will come back the following day being Friday. I woke up the following morning thinking how our reunion will be. I saw Tina's sister coming, hoping to hear her say that Tina is back; lo and behold, she said that Tina was involved in a ghastly motor accident that left her in the hospital unconscious.
I proceeded to the hospital she was admitted in. I was so worried to see her; when I got in her room my heart raised and kept thumping on my chest. I noticed her lying there in total blackout with bandages all over her body. I stood still as I watched her lying on the bed helplessly. I thought of the smiles that she normally lavish generously on me whenever we meet, the gapped teeth and the nice textured ebony skin that distinguishes her as an epitome of an African beauty and a true replica of God's artistic and creative ingenuity. The accident could have disfigured all these except that her essences can never be destroyed.
I sat beside her bed, with tears rolling down my cheeks. I thought if she survives it, I will not fail to tell her how much I love her. 'Oh! Tina wake up, I love you, don't leave me now. Please Tina, I wish you will show me your heart because if you do, I will guard it with my whole being and with my life. Without you, there is nothing and life is not worth living without you, I know you can hear me'. I was still speaking when I heard a beep. I was stunned. I ran out and started calling the nurses.
I came back, behold her eyes was already open with a stream of tears gushing from her eyes; with a little beatific smile she said, 'I love you'. I carried her on my arms and watched her as she say the final goodbye on my arms and gave up to the ways of all flesh; hence, before I could tell her how much I love her, it is over. 'Stay with me', I screamed, 'please stay with me... don't leave me. I can't let you leave me. I love you'. I cried and as the tears fell I was shaking. I did not want her to die. I did not want her to leave me. I want her to be here by my side comforting me, and telling me that it was all a joke. But it was not a joke. It is reality. She is dead and here I am living my life through the pains of regret especially as I have known that she loved me but I have failed for the third time to tell her how much I have loved her.
Sorry my love; until we meet to path no more.
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by cruzita(f): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
touching !!!!
reading and crying !!!!

take heart bro

that's life ,it doesn't go according to plan
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by tempem: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
cruzita:
touching !!!!

reading and crying !!!!

take heart bro

that's life ,it doesn't go according to plan
That's so touching!! cry How I wish it wasn't real.
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Heromaniaa: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
A caco what?
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Drclassic(m): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
so touching
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Koval12(m): 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Life is not fair at all
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Headlesschicken(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
grin d 1st sentence u made dia,jst turned my belly n i cld'nt kontinue reading it anymore,buh wateva led u 2mk such a magnimonious sentence @ 1st must b vry aggreviating,tk hrt bro...
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Koval12(m): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Headlesschicken:
grin d 1st sentence u made dia,jst turned my belly n i cld'nt kontinue reading it anymore,buh wateva led u 2mk such a magnimonious sentence @ 1st must b vry aggreviating,tk hrt bro...
It's fine
Re: When Love Is Not Expressed.. A Pathetic Story Shared By A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
very touching

(1) (Reply)

Choose One / Please I Seriously Need Advice Now.. / Happy Birthday To A Priceless Damsel.. ... Kherry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.