Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake (4344 Views)

"First Time Of Having Sex With My Boyfriend Who Has Bigger Dick" - Owerri Girl / This Young Couple's Prewedding Photo Will Make You Fall In Love Again (pictures) / How To Make A Man Admire You, Chase You, Fall In Love With You And Marry You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by ayokujero: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Why You Fall Asleep within Minutes of Having Sex And why she’s still wide awake

There’s a common nighttime occurrence happening in bedrooms around the world: After sex, men fall into a deep sleep, while women everywhere lay awake silently cursing their snoozing partner’s name.

You can thank the hormone prolactin for your male post-coital sleepiness, Prolactin suppresses dopamine—a stimulating neurotransmitter that makes you feel awake.

And your body releases it in spades when you come. Your wife’s body, however, doesn’t produce nearly as much.

But prolactin isn’t the only reason you can’t keep your eyes open.

The “feel-good” hormone oxytocin also surges during sex, which can vanish any stressful thoughts from your mind, making it easier to relax and fall asleep afterward.

And if you have sex with the lights out, you’ll signal to your body’s internal clock that it’s time for bed. When that happens, the hormone melatonin ignites your sleep cycle.

When prolactin, oxytocin, and melatonin all come together, you have the trifecta for a fantastic snooze.

But what if you don’t want to feel tired afterward?

Maybe you’d like to stay up for a bit with your partner.

Or maybe you just finished a mid-day romp, and you want to seize the day afterward (or at least be a functioning human being, and not a zombie).

Then make sure you pick a sex position that’s not horizontal. Sure, it obvious, but lying on your back signals to your body that it’s time to sleep

You should also keep the lights on. That way, you won’t kickstart your sleep cycle, he says.

And get out of bed once you’re finished. Over your lifetime, your brain has come to associate the bed as a location for dozing. It’ll be nearly impossible to fight the urge to hit the hay if you just lie there quietly. So no snuggling allowed.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by arsgard: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2016
nonsense , I should sleep I just lost some strength

1 Like

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by bitchcrafts: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Alien to me tho, it's more often than not the other way round where I'm still lurking awake while she quickly drifts away in slumber; knocked out.
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 31, 2016
grin

RoyalBlak007 is this true? shocked
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by harrysjones(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2016
he said is true... cool cool
TrapQueen77:
grin

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by harrysjones(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2016
cool cool
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2016
harrysjones:
he said is true... cool cool

So, have u experienced it often?
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by harrysjones(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
many times dear even yesterday night..... cool
TrapQueen77:

So, have u experienced it often?
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by wordbank(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
This is one reason I vowed not to fvck olosho, immediately u sleep, omo ur prick don loss
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by yomi007k(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one op
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by olaleks007(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Abeg my people

AFTER work,,,,no b to rest

Abi no b men dey do d up and down
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by sinaj(f): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Ilegend is this true grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2016
harrysjones:
many times dear even yesterday night..... cool

grin lucky u....

I need to prove this by myself if it's true grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by harrysjones(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2016
hw would u prove it..
TrapQueen77:

grin lucky u....

I need to prove this by myself if it's true grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by RoyalBlak007: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

I think it is... cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ur indoor today?
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2016
harrysjones:
hw would u prove it..

I'll find if royalblak007 can prove this to me tonyt grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by harrysjones(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2016
realy cool cool
TrapQueen77:

I'll find if royalblak007 can prove this to me tonyt grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

I think it is... cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ur indoor today?

I juz came back... Heading out soon to print out my itinerary ticket. ..

Juz checking u out grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by calabardick(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2016
After everything, I cuddle and watch her as she sleeps off like a baby.
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by RoyalBlak007: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2016
TrapQueen77:

I juz came back... Heading out soon to print out my itinerary ticket. ..

Juz checking u out grin

Cool....
Just took my pills....
Ur always travelling grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by decatalyst(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2016
Nah lie jor!

Not when I hit you like trailer wey jam wheelbarrow
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by decatalyst(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Nah lie jor!

It's the other way round for me
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by sinaj(f): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2016
iLegend:

Yeah, but as a romantic man grin I turn the table around. I make her exhausted and sleepy while I'm still active waiting for more rounds. When she falls asleep, I'll sneak into the bathroom and bring out my James Bond. This rest is history.

Every man feels sleepy after orgásm, but I have made it my duty NEVER to be everyman. Hihi. Come over to my house. Ok, I have changed my mind — forget it.

How u dey?
me is fine o!

Happy Sunday smiley

Would have loved to come over to visit but I dunno if u still have diccck tongue

Dis one there is 'f' on ur Monica tongue
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by sinaj(f): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
decatalyst:
Nah lie jor!

It's the other way round for me

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by decatalyst(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2016
sinaj:

Sinaj, there is only one way to find out.

It's not by mouth! Ain't happy I am saying this in a public forum
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by sinaj(f): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
decatalyst:

Sinaj, there is only one way to find out.

It's not by mouth! Ain't happy I am saying this in a public forum
lol

Pls which way grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by sinaj(f): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
iLegend:

Same to ya.

Hmm! You want to spoil me, abi? God no go gree. I cover my **** with and blood of aquatic habitats in Biology.

I'm the latest transgender in town. Are you in town?

how can I spoil a kworupt person like u grin
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sinaj angry
Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Cool....
Just took my pills....
Ur always travelling grin

What's wrong? Are u sick? undecided

Yeah I will travel nxtwk not always unlike before smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Fall Asleep Within Minutes Of Having Sex And Why She’s Still Wide Awake by RoyalBlak007: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
TrapQueen77:

What's wrong? Are u sick? undecided

Yeah I will travel nxtwk not always unlike before smiley

Yeah am getting the symptoms again....

So where you going this time......Antarctica? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Just Told Me She Likes Her Admirer / Randy Couple Were Filmed While Having Sex On Upper Deck Of Traveling Bus / Peter And Paul Okoye Are Simps And Are Very Stupid!! - Redpill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.