Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye (1293 Views)

Don't Marry Guys Who Have This 10 Habits... / My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! / 'Why Good Girls Don't Marry First' - Nigerian Lady Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
“Don’t marry a girl simply because she can sing! In the choir there are some people that can sing but they are fallen angels! Marry a prayer warrior! If a girl cannot pray for one hour, don’t marry her.

“Don’t marry a girl who is lazy! Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time. “Don’t marry a girl who is worldly! If you do, you have carried what you’ll worship for the rest of your life!” he advised.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/adeboye-restricts-pastors-from-growing-beards/
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by teejaypee: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
what is on the link is totally different from the topic
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by madridguy(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ok
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
Yeah. Its the same link. This is a two paragraph extract from the page
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
lol
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
cheesy
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Very good.

Honestly a non-praying wife is a No No!

If our mothers and grandmothers were not prayer warriors, they wouldn't have maintained a home or raised us well.

That is why I laugh at those who downplay spirituality when it comes to choosing a life partner, you will soon know!

The man is the priest in the home, he remains responsible for how spiritually vibrant and sou d the home is. He stands in front with the shield of Faith to disarm every arrow of the enemy.

While the man is at it, his wife is the power house, cooking up missiles from the back and giving her man a spiritual support.

If this equation isn't complete, be ready for a lot of defeats in your marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by hungryboy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Pray for one hour?
even Jesus sef no tell us make we do so,
Oga pastor,
Farm for your farm abeg,
As long as she fine small, get good character,
If she like make she be Hindu, Muslim, Jew or Buddhist,
I go marry am.

3 Likes

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Most times, women are the spiritual bedrock of the family. Behind every successful man is a praying wife.
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
I learnt how to pray very well from a female. When ever I join them to canna land, She will be in charge. she usually start with praises, there after praying. She is so good with it, she is caring too and am positive she will make a good wife.

1 Like

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ok. I am down for this idea. Beht, why one hour? That's legalism. As long as she can pray at all....It's not "quantity" but "quality" of prayer that matters. Y'know, if aint' in the bible to pray one hour, gauddetabootit.
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by ojun50(m): 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
My ladies wht yr take on dis matter
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
Praying is a spiritual exercise. The more you keep at it, the better you get at it

Xiadnat:
Ok. I am down for this idea. Beht, why one hour? That's legalism. As long as she can pray at all....It's not "quantity" but "quality" of prayer that matters. Y'know, if aint' in the bible to pray one hour, gauddetabootit.

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by psucc(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
I wonder what one will be saying for an hour as prayer. I believed on the 'finished work of the Cross' and the ever present leadership of the Holy Spirit. We actually do not know what to pray but the Spirit gives us what to.

We are not heard in the multitude of our words.

1 Like

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by flexyfit(f): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
just 1hour? he should make it 24hours, I agree with him,why would u marry a girl that can't cook and do house chores,why is she a woman then,I agree with him
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
psucc:
I wonder what one will be saying for an hour as prayer. I believed on the 'finished work of the Cross' and the ever present leadership of the Holy Spirit. We actually do not know what to pray but the Spirit gives us what to.

We are not heard in the multitude of our words.

YES!!!!!!!! A lot of times, when I do not know what to pray for or words to use. I either "pray in the spirit or "tongues" or I just pray the "lord's prayer...our father, who art in heaven...... That's the model of prayer Jesus laid out for us. And, It doesn't take one hour. Geez. Now, you can fill in specifics to your life using the model of Lord's Prayer.

It is not necessary to pray any specific "time". If it you begin and it leads there, great. But, not necessary. Abeg, it is the heart that God looks at, not the clock.
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
It is good to tarry in prayers. We don't need to hurry into and out of the presence of God. Jesus prayed at Gethsemane and by the time he came back, his disciples were already fast asleep. Obviously he tarried at the place of prayer for hours. There is immense power in prayer and a praying wife can move mountains for her husband.
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
sanky346:
It is good to tarry in prayers. We don't need to hurry into and out of the presence of God. Jesus prayed at Gethsemane and by the time he came back, his disciples were already fast asleep. Obviously he tarried at the place of prayer for hours. There is immense power in prayer and a praying wife can move mountains for her husband.

OK. Fair enough. There is a time for everything under the sun per King Solomon. So, yea. There is a time to "tarry" and "wait" on God in prayer. That is my weakness, I always "on the go" and a very very active "mind" that wonders.

I know. I sometimes have a "microwave" prayer life. And, in fact, many churches have a "microwaves" and "program structure" services that somewhat "hurries" God.

I get it. Thanks for that reminder.

1 Like

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
We are all guilty of that. The pressures of everyday life has deprived us all of quality time in place of prayer. I always shudder anytime I read Luke 22:44 "And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground”. We should keep praying to God to give us strength in our moments of weaknesses

Xiadnat:

OK. Fair enough. There is a time for everything under the sun per King Solomon. So, yea. There is a time to "tarry" and "wait" on God in prayer. That is my weakness, I always "on the go" and a very very active "mind" that wonders.

I know. I sometimes have a "microwave" prayer life. And, in fact, many churches have a "microwaves" and "program structure" services that somewhat "hurries" God.

I get it. Thanks for that reminder.
Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
One hour daily? What else does she want to be saying if not repeated prayers that Bible doesn't support. Prayer is good but our own too much for Africa, we don't care about anything else other than spiritual life, that is why we are obsessed with reading spiritual books rather than scientific journals. Sometimes we are clouded to use common sense embarassed always relating things to spirituality. I Taya, as if people that are not spiritual aren't enjoying their marriages wink
Nobody should quote Bible for me.

1 Like

Re: If A Girl Cannot Pray For One Hour, Don't Marry Her- Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Apart from marriage issues, prayer keeps a christian spiritually fit. We all take our cue from Jesus. In spite of his status as the Lord and son of God, he still prayed. He still tarried in prayer. In Matthew 26:40-46, Jesus was shocked to see his disciplines sleeping when he went to pray. In his words "Couldn't you men keep watch with me for one hour?". From this, we can deduce that probably the first session of prayer lasted somewhere around one hour. After the first prayer session, Jesus returned to pray two more times. In both cases, the length of prayer was sufficient for the disciples to fall asleep, despite having been admonished and asked to stay awake. It would not be unreasonable to think that these two sessions also lasted an hour or so.

Bottom line for me is, prayer is an exercise that sharpens our christian lives. The devil must spoil your prayer life first before he can spoil anything around you. A praying wife is an invaluable asset to a man

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Will Make A Better Wife? / Whatsapp Club For Weed Smokers / African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.