Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! (33849 Views)

Man Dumps His Girlfriend Of 5 Years After Discovering She Has A Secret Child / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Of 5 Years On A Plane (Photos) / Man To Marry Elder Sister Of His Girlfriend Of 5 Years Who Turned Down Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by bignigerian: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hi guys I have to open an account to let out this story.

My girlfriend of 5 years, she was 18 and I was 23 both students when we met. We have shared everything together, I mean everything u can possibly think of. She told me she can't continue the relationship. That we can't marry each other.

Her reasons
She met 2 pastors who told her we are not compatible with each other. One told her in 2014 and the other in 2016 of which she told me about both of them. But last 3 weeks she broke the ice on the grounds that
1. she needs to choose her husband with all diligence. That her grandmother has 2 husbands, her mum has 2 husbands and she can't thread that path because those pastors told her we shall split if she marries me.
2. She doesn't want me to hear that she got married to someone else.

Her mum doesn't like me and doesn't want me to marry her and recently she is pestering her to marry another man, her Pastor. This man talks with her every time, calls her, gives her and her mother gifts. Well I give them gifts to my capacity too. But pastor is playing son-in-law game well because he (pastor) said God told him that she is his wife. The pastor anyway happened to be a real pastor, I can attest to that, but I can't vouch if his vision is from God or self induced.

But babe told me she has not made up her mind yet and that she didn't break up with me to marry that man. That she will take her time to decide what she will do and maintaining a single status.

We all stay in the same neighborhood, bae is a nairalander too. She will see this and get angry but...
I need matured views on this issue...

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Homeboiy: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2018
Cry like a sissy tongue

21 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by donstan18: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
What opinion do you need?

C'omon will you move on!!! undecided

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by sinaj(f): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2018
She is in love with her pastor not you.

She already told u that u not a husband material grin
So what else do u want to knw.

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by yusasiv(m): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bro, i know how it feels, honestly.. I wish there is a better way to counsel u on this but it's all good.. All u need right now is prayer bro, for everything that's good or bad demands prayer... I was once in your shoes bro, a story for another day... Don't let desperation makes u jump into what is not meant to be, take your time to observe how things goes and make sure u never deter from praying.. Btw, am a Muslim, i don't believe in someone being too real as a clergy man, all i believe in is GOD that i worship.... DON'T allow anyone to intimidate u or makes u feel like u don't deserve what u have, believe me, the Creator hasn't revealed the future to anybody yet

201 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by cyndy1000(f): 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
Just take courage n move on I know it's hard cos it's seems you are obsessed with but sincerely speaking I don't think she's your wife. If she can just break up like that based on what her pastor said n not what she feels. It's for your own good you will wife a your destined life partner as you move on. Just let her be n marry the person that gives her gifts. All that giltters are not gold.

25 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by haywire07(m): 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bros, leave her for the scammer. Forget her and move ahead.
Don't cover up for the pastor that he's a real because you know ur babe will see what you say about him.

If she is in love and obsessed as you obviously are, then no pastor can fake a prophecy to snatch her.

Make money and make money and make money, her mum will comman beg you to marry her

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by crismark(m): 9:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
pls enuf of all dis shitty stuffs...i knw it wont be easy but jst let her go.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by divinehand2003(m): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
This advice goes to the ladies;

If any man comes to tell you that God told him that you will be his wife, my advise is that you should let him know that God has to inform you about it too. Both Joseph and Mary were informed about Jesus's arrival. Yours shouldn't be any different.

Most people dey use God Name dey lie to women ooooo.

216 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Mariangeles(f): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Don't let her keep you hanging with her indecisiveness, she has held you hostage emotionally.
You have to have a serious discussion with her to know where you stand in the relationship or she will keep hurting you with her indecision... You are not some lab rat.
And you have to hope for the best and prepare yourself for the worst but do what you have to do even if it means you have to break up with her and getting hurt in the process.

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by HOLYDICK(m): 9:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bros double ur hustle and make money
Den see wonders

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by DivinelyBlessed: 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hmmm.....All dis Yahoo Yahoo Pastor....Squeezing innocent girls heads with prophesy stories....Hmmm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by BiafranBushBoy: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bring her to me.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by longjohnsilver: 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2018
Op, you need to move on.

She will probably marry that pastor before the end of this year. I know it will be painful at first but trust me you will survive the break up.

At least she had the dignity to break up with you before choosing another man.

Take heart, life must go on.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by mastermaestro(m): 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
haywire07:
Bros, leave her for the scammer. Forget her and move ahead.
Don't cover up for the pastor that he's a real because you know ur babe will see what you say about him.

If she is in love and obsessed as you obviously are, then no pastor can fake a prophecy to snatch her.

Make money and make money and make money, her mum will comman beg you to marry her

Your idiocy will not allow you comment without abusing the pastor as fake. Who told you money brings a good wife? You are obviously deluded!

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by bignigerian: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2018
I appreciate all your comments above... I see matured minds more. I half hearted posted this cos av seen so many people come her for advice. Oly to get immature minds jump in the matter.

So far you guys above has shown objective minds with constructive ideas.

This needs to be pushed to fp. There are still adults on NL. You guys av made me regret concealing my identity.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by mastermaestro(m): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
bignigerian:

My girlfriend of 5 years, she was 18 and I was 23 both students when we met. We have shared everything together, I mean everything u can possibly think of. She told me she can't continue the relationship. That we can't marry each other.

Her reasons
She met 2 pastors who told her we are not compatible with each other. One told her in 2014 and the other in 2016 of which she told me about both of them. But last 3 weeks she broke the ice on the grounds that
1. she needs to choose her husband with all diligence. That her grandmother has 2 husbands, her mum has 2 husbands and she can't thread that path because those pastors told her we shall split if she marries me.

Her mum doesn't like me and doesn't want me to marry her and recently she is pestering her to marry another man, her Pastor. This man talks with her every time, calls her, gives her and her mother gifts. Well I give them gifts to my capacity too. But pastor is playing son-in-law game well because he (pastor) said God told him that she is his wife. The pastor anyway happened to be a real pastor, I can attest to that, but I can't vouch if his vision is from God or self induced.

But babe told me she has not made up her mind yet and that she didn't break up with me to marry that man. That she will take her time to decide what she will do and maintaining a single status.

We all stay in the same neighborhood, bae is a nairalander too. She will see this and get angry but...

Never force anyone to marry you. If she doesn't want you, persuade her but don't force her to accept you. You'll regret it. People don't wake up and walk away from a marriage bound relationship for nothing. Respect her decision. Move on, no matter how hard it is.

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Demmtek(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
I wonder why all this devilish man in human uniforms, go around and brainwash peoples heads, with false prophecy a lot of home as been destroy cos of this, it high time we all need to understand God doesn't need a third party to send you message believe in yourself and he will guide.
Op just move on, if she is meant for you she will come back, life such moreover there are plenty species of fish in sea, go fishing my broda

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by XINZ: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
Move on.

Destroy some careless pussy's while you're at it. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
some of these fake pastors cheesy.using fake predictions and vision wen dem wan chop snail grin.op just move on and leave her for the fake pastor.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Dajugba: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
hmmmm
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by haywire07(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
mastermaestro:

Your idiocy will not allow you comment without abusing the pastor as fake. Who told you money brings a good wife? You are obviously deluded!
i can see the pastor is ur own problem. And your shallow brain is what makes you fall for every religious scam.
Your type will obviously sell his father's house so pastor can buy himself another car.
I won't be surprised if u are d said pastor or his brainwashed sheeple

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by OneCorner: 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
Op no gree oo.
Sue d girl to court say she break ur heart cool

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by jasper83: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
bignigerian:

Her reasons

Life is just too funny. In fact it's truly a series of unlimited schools we all go through but at different stages of our lives as humans but mysterious taught with almost if not the same syllabus with little or no editing but with different teachers.

What happened to you bros happened to my elder bro almost a decade ago, in fact if he is privy to read this thread na laugh he go dey laugh. Now quick one, do you want an honest advice devoid of emotions? please drop that lady asap. God has just saved you from a future marital crisis, as a man you must have a discerning spirit and try to be less emotional. I know it's not easy but that the only way to life a long and fulfilled life and it's an hard way. I have learnt in a very hard way to adopt it and it's working for me.

Your girlfriend mum not liking you is a huge red flag for me, secondly concerning that pastor lover boy na dia way be that always intimidating people with God say this and that, let him have her by taking undue advantages like closeness to her mum, the spiritual inclination to the story blah blah. Na dia wahala be that, I know it's painful when you think of the great times you have shared together, maybe the smoochings, hugs, great sex etc, you are now imagining her doing it with the pastor, no think am, na dia wahala let him have her.

Bros fear anybody that over analyses issues,what does she mean by my grandmother married twice, my mum same thing, you see na dia way be that always trying to spiritualise and rhyming stuffs together.
God forgive me ooo, something tells me it's that pastor during the wooing that deposited that consciousness in my heart coupled with her mum unlikeness for you. But they have forgotten that marital bliss comes from God only, marrying a pastor doesn't guarantee that evident by what we read daily. She saying that she hasn't choosen a bae is a lie, from abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, she just doesn't want to hurt you so she wants to gradually withdraw. Just watch and observe her tactically withdrawing, she is gone, please forget her and move on. If you forcely marry her any time the union has any minor issues she will always refer to this time that she doesn't want to do but you coerced her into the union and nothing makes a man go mad like that ugly statement which will surely leads to domestic violence and the end of the union. Hasn't she said it? that your union with her will be unblissful abinitio? Bros abeg think without emotions...

This is the best time of your life to run your race without distraction and shine like a star, when the time is ripe you will surely get yours. Set the record straight at the start, do genotype test, medical compatibility, spiritual blah blah no time for story. Be strong we have passed through that route before, welcome to the CLUB of strong men!

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
bignigerian:

Her reasons

Why you Niggas lying on God so much though ! People have given religion a bad name. Why can't she see or hear from God herself concerning this issue?

If I were you, I will accept my loss but Beat the Crap outta the Pastor. Atleast for lying against God for no Fvcking reason.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
Point of correction she is no longer your Bae so don't give a fucck if she gets angry when she sees the post and try to move on while you work on improving your life.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 03, 2018
Mariangeles:
Don't let her keep you hanging with her indecisiveness, she has held you hostage emotionally.
You have to have a serious discussion with her to know where you stand in the relationship or she will keep hurting you with her indecision... You are not some lab rat.

And you have to hope for the best and prepare yourself for the worst but do what you have to do even if it means you have to break up with her and getting hurt in the process.
great word
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Mariangeles(f): 1:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
great word
Thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by MONITZ: 1:05am On Feb 03, 2018
divinehand2003:
This advice goes to the ladies;

If any man comes to tell you that God told him that you will be his wife, my advise is that you should let him know that God has to inform you about it too. Both Joseph and Mary were informed about Jesus's arrival. Yours shouldn't be any different.

Most people dey use God Name dey lie to women ooooo.

It always sounds funny to me whenever I hear people say God told them the particular lady to take as a wife...The name 'God' is now commonly used to perpetuate evils because they know there is no way to verify their claim,there is no such thing as fear in humans anymore,they lie their way thru just to get what they want..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by EWAagoyin(m): 1:06am On Feb 03, 2018
Go and watch this movie "confessions of a marriage counselor" and allow her stray in peace. .. please watch the movie and you will find all the advice needed in it ...

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by talk2fitz(m): 2:01am On Feb 03, 2018
opinion on what again undecided....
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by HerXLNC(f): 7:24am On Feb 03, 2018
Never beg someone to marry you because if you beg them to marry u, u ll keep begging them to stay in the relationship..... Feelings for marriage should be mutual if not just walk away....you won't regret it

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shares Screenshot Of The DM She's Getting From A Married Man / Most Beautiful Girl on Nairaland June 2012**GRAND FINALE** / Why Do Men Patronize Prostitutes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.