Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rhoda - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rhoda (61781 Views)

Rhoda Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhoda by smokeydrinky: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2016
Mobecs:
But what Lade has done is against the ethics of her profession. She is not supposed to (under any circumstances) reveal the content of her sessions with a client.

Rhoda pele sha, maybe this will make you start thinking like a human.

My thoughts exactly. This lade needs to be dealt with.
Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lade! Lade! Lade!
Why do you have to do this ?
Your client privacy should be your top priority
Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Lade! Lade! Lade!
Why do you have to do this ?
Your client privacy should be your top priority
hello bae u just forget ur husband naxo life be abi
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
Thanks for all the comments, will update later today and again please o somebody is posting my story on facebook his name is Newton Trent he has blocked me sef after I accused him he has also blocked my friends that told me too. Please if you know him warm him o
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
U all should check my IG page @frozenfirenaija for my photo story. Thanks

Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
hefelove:
hello bae u just forget ur husband naxo life be abi
I didn't forget you my love, was just taking a vacation but now I'm back cool
Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rukkydelta:

I didn't forget you my love, was just taking a vacation but now I'm back cool
well come back yet u won't reply my pm abi just send me ur number der jo
Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
hefelove:

well come back yet u won't reply my pm abi just send me ur number der jo
Replied
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Episode 64
I picked my clothes and strolled to the bathroom with my heads up. I wasn't going to leave being the loser, I placed a fake smile on my face silently praying lade didn't notice that the edges of my curved lips was shaking and that my eyes were glittering with the tears I could hardly hold back in.

I closed the bathroom door and sat on the water closet burying my face in the clothes in my hands hoping my muffled sniffs didn't leave the bathroom but the seat became uncomfortable within a minute and I hung the clothes on the shelf and laid in the bath tub.

My legs were weak and it was nothing close to the aftermath of sleeping with Adam but in shame and humiliation. This wasn't what i had planned to happen when Adam woke up by my side. He was supposed to bring me dinner in bed and then we talk and have sex again. I never pictured Demilade's visit even though I knew there was something fishy about her, her questions and the stupid wall frame she hid so dearly, the one I now know held a picture of her and Adam. One which Adam probably had the widest smile any man could ever have. A picture that showed how in love they were and how much they meant to each other before I, the devil came to put them asunder.A picture that held my Prince Charming, the one who I though I was in love with, The one who looked at me as if I were a psycho. The one who wouldn't love me even though I was garbage.

I took a quick shower and when I got out I looked in the mirror and watched my naked reflection, studying how the water trickled down my skin, every droplet reminded me of my joy and how it continued to slip out of my life as if a curse had been placed upon me. As if I was born to be sad.

I rose my fingers to my soft lips and counted my problems. The inordinate affection my father had for me that's if he even had anything for me at all and then there was my mother's nastiness, lack of attention and child preference.
Then there was a dream I thought was going to come through which just became a nightmare, anyone's worse nightmare.

Oh, wait... There was something I failed to count. It isn't my relationship with Kwame which went down like the Titanic or his second coming where I had blown him away like a rusted leaf from a fig tree. It was Mofeoluwa's question. It replayed in my mind like a studio record: loud, clear and discreet bringing along the same ache it had caused my heart when she asked earlier with determination lining her voice. If her question could have such an effect on me then it only meant one thing. I still had feelings for Kwame.

I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. Adam was dressed now and Lade was not in sight. I walked over to the table by the bed ,picked my bag and phone ignoring Adam's stare which had followed my every movement the whole time.
"so you have nothing to say?" Adam smirked and I stopped halfway to the door. The many things I had planned to talk about over dinner evaporated from my head and the fake smile on my face was spread into a genuine grin.
"I do have something to say to you, Adam" the grin deepened and was just like Father's.
"Go learn how to Bleep cause Father bleeps me hard-er, long-er and he knows how to shave his dick"

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Replied
also replied u back
Re: Rhoda by mrsnow94(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2016
That's so so touching

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2016
lmaooooooo those last words really gat me grin but Adam! she never mean that o na play she dey play o. Rhoda is fuckin hurt sha.

story that touches cry
Re: Rhoda by rachealfst(f): 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lade will eventually tell Adam everything about her anyway, so I like d way she hinted Adam. Thanks for the update
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
Episode 65
I was dripping.
The streets were isolated and the few people on the road had umbrellas and rain coats shielding them from the harsh strokes of the November 1st rain. Most of the shops were closed and their verandas were filled with people who didn't have the weapon to protect them from the painful whips of nature's tears.

My hair was ruined as I didn't have a shower cap or nylon to cover my hair but I didn't mind since my weavon wasn't fake and could easily be dried with a manual hand drier. There was no space left in most of the buildings with spaces in front neither was there any other place left to hide. All offices had closed and with the current weather, no bike was going to leave the bus stop. That's even if they were at the bus stop.
I was stuck.

I could not go back to Adam's apartment not only because I was already twenty blocks away but because even though i managed to alter his ego I didnt think I could face him anytime soon. I scrolled through my contacts for a new helper and the first number my finger clicked was Father's .I could not call Father. He was the last person I wanted to see at that moment.
I looked up Kwame's number ,pushed away my pride and dailed it. He was the only one that could come to my aid. He told me to wait for a few minutes that he was on his way. I shielded my face with my hand while I reminisced on everything that has happened in my life. Why was I so messed up? Why did I have ill luck. Why could I not do anything right? . I was still in my thoughts unable to answer my questions when Kwame's car pulled over. He ran out to me and apologized for being late. I didn't even answer as I walked into the car. I stood frozen as I got closer to the car.

Not frozen by the cold I felt beneath my soaked sweater but what made my hands stiff as I held the knob of the car was.....
What was she doing there? Who invited her? Why was she with Kwame at this time of the night?
"Hello Rhoda" was all Mofe said.
Now I think I need to see a pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
it's like Aye is doing this Rhoda
Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Mobecs:
But what Lade has done is against the ethics of her profession. She is not supposed to (under any circumstances) reveal the content of her sessions with a client.

Rhoda pele sha, maybe this will make you start thinking like a human.
Absolutely my dear but maybe her Naija instinct took over
Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wallahi talahi...Aye is duing Rhoda,kai!
Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wallahi talahi...Aye is duing Rhoda,kai!
@Op,I just saw this story today and iyaff already read errything,pls cuman update ehn
Re: Rhoda by Darmilollar(f): 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
This story is a masterpiece
@frozenfire,i pray God grants you more and more grace
Re: Rhoda by Chicent(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
No be small aye dey do the rhoda ooooo..... Now the mofe bae has acted fast..... She wanna enjoy kwame while the time was still available. At least before another trip to maybe dubai this time.
Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
i jst keep falling in love ur story. kip it up
Re: Rhoda by Fidelismaria: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hmmmmm Gurls Nd Dere Problems
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
lol it's like aye is truly doing her. Thanks for the comments, lemme continue
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Episode 66
I never planned today like this. Well it seems things never go as planned especially for me that's why I don't write a schedule.

"Hello Rhoda" that was all Mofe said that seem like a dagger pierced to my skin.
What was she doing with my Kwame. 'my Kwame ' didn't sound wrong in my mind. Even though we had broken up and things got very ugly, I still think I care so much about him. Even though he had cheated on me, I still think he deserves a second chance.

Although all indications where showing our relationship was over, didn't that kiss mean anything to him? The kiss that kept me thinking if we could work things out but for the devil I thought was the love of my life.
Mofe's trip to France really changed her. Although she changed boyfriends even faster than I change lingerie, she now seems to be a bitch. Merely looking at her she looks like one with her blonde hair. Speaking of which why would a black girl wear blonde? I guess the saying is true " Blondes got the beauty and not brain". Contrary to that statement she doesn't even look beautiful today with her black dress and hair. She reminds me of my bottle of Guiness foreign extra stout. They say Paris is the home of fashion but my dear Mofe got it real bad or maybe I was just beginning to detest her.

Kwame helped me with the door of the back seat before running off to the driver's seat. Mofe turned on the radio as Kwame started the car taking a peek through the rear mirror at me. Our eyes met and I looked away. I didn't want him to see that I was green with envy. To see how hurt I was to be treated as the second, pushed to the backseat like a maid, drenched and defeated.

The voice of Gbemi on The Drive Time Shows on Beat99.9 made me feel better. Gbemi happens to be one of my favourite OAPs. She is just so inspiring and she speaks the truth. Sometimes I wish I had the courage to speak out my thoughts to the world like her, the drive was long.

Kwame kept stealing glances at me and Mofe kept talking about the bad road to my parents house. She kept complaining about ache each time the car hit a sharp stone or entered a pothole. She kept getting on my nerves but I remained calm. It wasn't my car neither was Kwame mine and I was even too tired to start a fight. Another fight.

Kwame finally pulled over at my gate and walked me to the gate without saying a word. Mofe didn't come down from the car, she apologized saying she couldn't afford to get her Brazilian wig wet. Dayo opened the gate and I thanked Kwame for the ride. He wanted to say more but I was too tired to talk. Too tired to ask him about More. Too tired to think about my feelings for him.
I just slept off immediately my head touched the pillow.
It was a long day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Episode 67
The news of the previous day's rain filled the headlines of the ten 'o'clock clock news. I had woken up so late glad that no one had disturbed my peaceful rest. Even if Father had tried to, he wouldn't be able to come into my room. I hadn't forgotten to bolt it this time. After the occurrence between us on independence Day morning, I asked for forgiveness from God and promised myself it would never happen again. After Lade advised me.
I picked up my phone to call Kwame. To thank him for the ride home and ask him about the journey back to Yaba. Immediately I heard the news of the flood the rain had caused, I became worried about Kwame. He really went out of his way to help me out of a rough night and I owed him my gratitude.

There was an unread message on my phone from a strange number.
I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YESTERDAY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO BREAK THE TRUST YOU HAD FOR ME. I GUESS I'M NOT A GOOD THERAPIST FOR YOU. ADAM AND I HAVE BEEN DATING FOR EIGHT YEARS, I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU BUT I COULDN'T.... I'M SORRY YOU FOUND OUT THAT WAY. I'M VERY SORRY
-LADE

My eyes ran through the message a second time and then a third. It wasn't because I always thought the use of caps lock in a sentence while typing was to make emphasis or shout at the reader but the emotions in the letter. They were too genuine to be true. Lade had fought the urge to tell Adam my secret but I still believe she could have fought harder instead of blowing my cover and turning the tables around and accusing me falsely. Aye, she did make a wrong accusation. I never cheated on Adam, I had actually sent two text messages the night I was drunk, but only Kwame's message was delivered because I ran out of airtime. I only found out after having sex with Father which literally meant I was single during the act with him but who could I explain this to. I was still a LovePeddler. I had still slept with my Father.

Sadness painted heavy brush strokes on my face and I felt the hairs on my neck stand at attention. I wanted to throw my phone against the wall and bury my face in the pillow and cry again but a call came in and I stared at the name of the caller.
It was Kwame.

I braced my self, cleared my throat and picked up the phone hoping I didn't sound like a spoilt radio.
"hello dear, how are you? " he sounded very concerned and my face lit up with hope. I realised how much I had missed his care. If only I had fallen back in love with him as easily as I fall back in bed with Father. I hadn't seen him that morning.
My voice was hoarse as I replied but kwame has known me too long to care about a soar throat. "i'm fine, all thanks to your ride. I must say I really owe you for your kindness, even after all I said...." i hesitated as I heard him talking to someone under the phone. He asked who it was at his front door and I heard the creaking of a door.
"hmm...yeah, I'm fine too. The ride was nothing... I'll call you back later..take care " I knew he sounded worried but I wasn't sure what it was that made him brush me off so hurriedly.

"morning sunshine, hope it's not--" the line became dead. I could never mix up that tiny high pitched voice that was very suitable for a soprano singer in a church choir. It didn't belong to just anybody.
It belonged to Mofe

5 Likes

Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
Speechless
Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
That means mofe slept at kwame's house ni yen and it rained, and kwame na sharp guy, chaiiii. Rhoda right now

4 Likes

Re: Rhoda by smokeydrinky: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rhoda is just am unlucky girl. She deserves happiness.
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Episode 68
Cursed be the day I left Kwame
Cursed be the day I met Mofe
In fact Cursed be the day I was born.
The walls of the room was closing on me. What sort of friend makes it an habit to date everyone's ex? Just immediately, the answer to that thought came as another question. What kind of person makes it an habit to wear only second hand clothes when they can obviously afford Mr Price wears? It all made sense.
I have never done anything to hurt Mofe so this wasn't payback time. It was just sheer stupidity and I didn't plan to curtail it. If Mofe wanted to play the game of chess on me, trying to seduce Kwame with her size thirty two waist and fake eyelashes, I was born to play.
Having Kwame for myself wasn't the number one goal. I just didn't want Mofe to have him and start feeling important and successful. The thought of it was irritating. She could be rich but her with that disgusting attitude and continuous complaint, no guy would manage her for long. She would only suck them dry before breaking up again. I still don't know what she did to Shalewa's ex. I really should have asked before leaving the saloon but because I was in a rush to see you-know-who.

I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. Looking at my reflection always gave me the best advices and helped me realise my mistakes. I looked like a widow with my wet hair and smeared overnight makeup. I ran my hand through the hair, no wonder Kwame was getting interested in Mofe, she didn't wake up lazying around and thinking about the past. She made sure she looked good and focused on her mission. Getting Lame wrapped around her fingers. The mission I could make sure she fails but this time I swear not to use my body, I've suffered too much using my body as a weapon.

The sound of music from the next room startled me. My sister was home and I had no idea. I had been so tired the previous night I didn't notice her car in the compound. I quietly opened my door and went over to hers. The music was actually the ringing of her phone and it was lying on the table. The new table used to replace the one that I had carelessly set on fire.
I looked around the room. It was cozy and warm, as spotless as ever and looked just the way she had left it. Well laid bed sheets, proper folded clothes even in the laundry box! I rolled my eyes, who folds a dirty cloth? Aye, my sister or any other cleanliness freak out there. Where was she?

I walked over to the bathroom and pushed the door open. The water closet was covered with toilet seat and the shower was running but through the shower curtain, i couldn't see her standing. I yanked it aside and revealed the horror.
Shock shot through my entire body system. My eyes popped out of its socket and my mouth fell ajar.
'Oh my God!' was all I could blurt out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by bukunmitemmy(f): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
nice story...can't wait for the next episode .
Re: Rhoda by Chicent(m): 5:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Dont tell me father is at it again.... More update frozenfirenaija..... Still i read
Re: Rhoda by nkemdave(m): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
All have been taken from her but there is one thing left
Well, got to find out before its late.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / African Nerd / Out Of The Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.