Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

I'm Heart Broken - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Heart Broken (3939 Views)

Why Do Nice And Faithful Guys Always Get Heart Broken / I'm Heart Broken, Wat Do I Do / Why Guy Get Heart Broken Than Girls This Day And Its All The Guys Fault (strictly 4 Guys To Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

well, fair enough. Although i do not see the big deal in me asking the question . .

but you still haven't answered the question though?

Isn't it obvious?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

Isn't it obvious?
cool cool

Uju, there are some pithy questions i'd like to you.
A bit personal though. Hope you don't mind?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by amebono1: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2009
Uju. . .

How long have u been on this "road"?

For me its like morning sickness
Im worst hit in the mornings!
Yesterday was especially baaaaad for me
But today's better. Maybe it's cos I was awoken by a call that might get me the job.
It's especially harder when you arent busy. . .

That shld distract me a bit from the pain, right?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2009
!amebo no1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hahahahahahahahahahahaah.
see am. see am.
It is not what you think.
Make you slow down.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by amebono1: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaah.
see am. see am.
It is not what you think.
Make you slow down.

what do i think? onye aruruala tongue

@topic

Before these men dump you gurls or break your hearts, don't you gurls get the signs or read the hand writing on the wall prior to the whole thingy? or do you just go blind on it all?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by jaybee3(m): 9:53am On Sep 23, 2009
i heard someone called the love doctor
my forte is mending broken hearts cool
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2009
Deep Soul:

Uju. . .

How long have u been on this "road"?
For me its like morning sickness
Im worst hit in the mornings!
Yesterday was especially baaaaad for me
But today's better. Maybe it's cos I was awoken by a call that might get me the job.
It's especially harder when you arent busy. . .

That shld distract me a bit from the pain, right?

Well, its been 2 years now and it doesen't get easier. Of course getting busy helps. Life goes on. You meet new people, you meet someone who truly loves you for who you are, you do things that makes you feel better with yourself, but its still hurts like hell.

I guess it's probably because you never imagined it could happen to you or it could come from him!!

I've learnt to live with it and even if he comes back, I wont take him back. But you dont just stop loving him and you dont ever stop feeling the pain.

At least for me  undecided

OMO IBO:

cool cool

Uju, there are some pithy questions i'd like to you.
A bit personal though. Hope you don't mind?

Aha! Here comes the question . .  fire away!  cheesy I dont mind!
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2009
!amebo no1:

what do i think? onye aruruala tongue
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Me?? onye aruruala??
Far from it.

I'm a nice guy and nairalanders can attest to that.  wink
Re: I'm Heart Broken by heather(f): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2009
let it out and u will be fine. take it easy, lighten yourself up. men trouble is not worth killing your self for, i know u are heart broken just look at it as it's not meant to be it is better now than latter.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2009
Two years is a lot of recovery time. Pretty scary to think two years from now, I'll still be. . .

You are so right. Thot it'd never happen to me. Thot it'd never come from him

Initially, I was the one most likely to break a heart and not him, how ironic eh?

I will definitely meet people who want 2 love me, maybe even better. Already know some.

But that does not in any way help me. Thank God for God.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

Aha! Here comes the question . .  fire away!  cheesy I dont mind!
You've already answered part of the question when you responded to deep souls post.

Of recent, you've been on a mission. . . . .  . bashing guys. Obviously, you have your reasons.
I'd like to believe the opinion you hold of guys is/was born out of the fact that your last relationship did not work out.

Before your relationship ended, I never read a post where you went on a man-bashing-spree. These days, e be like say you don turn am to your part-time job.

My question is this: is this guy and the deceased relationship really  the reason behind your rants? or have you always had this opinion and felt like this?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by C2H5OH(f): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2009
Dust upon dust. Your heart lost its virginity and . . . . undecided
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2009
Deep Soul:

Two years is a lot of recovery time. Pretty scary to think two years from now, I'll still be. . .

You are so right. Thot it'd never happen to me. Thot it'd never come from him

Initially, I was the one most likely to break a heart and not him, how ironic eh?

I will definitely meet people who want 2 love me, maybe even better. Already know some.

But that does not in any way help me. Thank God for God.

I dont see it as 'recorvery time' per say!!

I've of course come out of that 'out-of-the-world-experience-feeling'. SOmewhere along the line you'll realize he just wasnt worth the hearthache!

I'll love again, I'll get married, I'll love my hubby and my family. But I dont know if I can ever get over the betrayal and pain I felt then.  undecided
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 10:45am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

I dont see it as 'recorvery time' per say!!

I've of course come out of that 'out-of-the-world-experience-feeling'. SOmewhere along the line you'll realize he just wasnt worth the hearthache!

I'll love again, I'll get married, I'll love my hubby and my family. But I dont know if I can ever get over the betrayal and pain I felt then. undecided

Hmmmm. Cant wait to get to that line.
C2H5OH:

Dust upon dust. Your heart lost its virginity and . . . . undecided

Such a comforting way to put it. . .
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

You've already answered part of the question when you responded to deep souls post.

Of recent, you've been on a mission. . . . .  . bashing guys. Obviously, you have your reasons.
I'd like to believe the opinion you hold of guys is/was born out of the fact that your last relationship did not work out.

My question is this: is this guy and the deceased relationship really  the reason behind your rants? or have you always had this opinion and felt like this?

I’m not talking about my past relationship (the one you know about) . .  

And no, my men-bashing is not because of the experience I had with him. Infact, most of the time I spent with him was wonderful and no guy has being able to be what he was to me.

I’ve always had a low opinion of men, because of what I see around me, from family and friends. I mean when I was in my first year in the university, before I even started dating, a friend’s Fiancée left her 3 weeks to their weeding and married someone else a week after!! That gave me an idea of what I could face with men and I have always been very careful when I deal with the opposite sex.

But then you meet someone, who you think is the one, who you think loves you and who you think will do anything to make you happy. And just when you start to believe . . .  he shows you he’s just like the rest of them!  undecided
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2009
Deep Soul:

Hmmmm. Cant wait to get to that line.
Such a comforting way to put it. . .

Oh you'll get there! You'll start seeing a life outside him . . it doesnt stop the pain but it helps you deal with it!!
Re: I'm Heart Broken by tci(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2009
very poetic
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

I’m not talking about my past relationship (the one you know about) . .  

And no, my men-bashing is not because of the experience I had with him. Infact, most of the time I spent with him was wonderful and no guy has being able to be what he was to me.

I’ve always had a low opinion of men, because of what I see around me, from family and friends. I mean when I was in my first year in the university, before I even started dating, a friend’s Fiancée left her 3 weeks to their weeding and married someone else a week after!! That gave me an idea of what I could face with men and I have always been very careful when I deal with the opposite sex.

But then you meet someone, who you think is the one, who you think loves you and who you think will do anything to make you happy. And just when you start to believe . . .  he shows you he’s just like the rest of them!  undecided

Fair enough.
I could pick a few hiccups from your recent post but i've chosen the highlighted.

The bolded bits in ur post shows that you can't be too careful when it comes to relationships.
If a relationship is set to turn sour then in most cases there is nothing you can do about it.

Not even setting high standards can stop a doomed relationship from going south.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by bomakris(f): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2009
Well, one thing i will say, the shit have to happen so that there can be story, you see, you now have a story to tell time after and after again.

Also you don't let a guy stolen and shattered your heart to bug u that much because you have no control over that emotion.

Girl, feel free, put smile on the face because is more audible than laughter.  get going, dress up and show off like never before.

The last is that don't put that stupid notion in your mind that guys are all the same, there is  still good one among them, if you keep thinking about negative that guys are bad then you keep on meeting the bad guys.  But be very careful and sensitive in handling them.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Segunagagu(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2009
@poster pls can u just summarise the story 4 us i want to know what happened
Re: I'm Heart Broken by KennyG6(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2009
whilst i sympatise with the poster, why is it that men always get the blame when a relationship breaks down, i can see all the ladies here saying stuff like men sha!, kill the guy yadda yadda yadda!
We havent had the priviledge of hearing the guy's side of the story, and should a guy continue in a relationship he knows is doomed just because he doesnt wanna hurt the girl?
while  break-ups are often hurtful, we should spare a thought for the guy as well!
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

Fair enough.
I could pick a few hiccups from your recent post but i've chosen the highlighted.

The bolded bits in your post shows that you can't be too careful when it comes to relationships.
If a relationship is set to turn sour then in most cases there is nothing you can do about it.

Not even setting high standards can stop a doomed relationship from going south.

Being too careful can't stop a doomed relationship from not working, but it can stop you from getting hurt!! And yes, setting high standards isn't even a guaranty, but it helps keep the other party on his toes!

Getting emotionally involved with somebody to the extent of falling in love is not as easy as it sounds. Sometimes you can't even help who you love.

But I've learnt not to expect much from a guy no matter how much I think I he loves me; I've learnt to trust/respect people based on their integrity/actions and not on what they say; I've learnt how not to be blind to the little things that we often overlook; I've learnt that no matter how perfect he seems/appears, he's still a man!!!

Now despite what you think, I love men! I have them as my best friends, I respect them at my place of work, I love to interact with them, I've dated really nice guys who I will always respect and I still enjoy having fun with men . . .  but I dont think there's a man who could truly give me what I want in life.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2009
Segun agagu:

@poster pls can u just summarise the story 4 us i want to know what happened

It really is a long and complicated story. He claims he loves me too much and I take that for granted.

I was once guilty of that but I changed and tried to show it wasnt being taken for granted.

I was not an angel. Had my flaws. But when complained about, I see reason and make amends.

We just got back together after 4months of "sabbatical". And in these "new" months, it's been issues upon issues

Mostly from the past. And I bliv in clearing out everythin so we can forge ahead

Unfortunately he didnt see it that way. He saw it as me bringing up unnecessary stuff.

But I knew if they werent trashed they wld come up again. He decided "it isnt working"

And said the love he felt for me could kill him. Claimed he was admitted in the hospital for something relating to his heart cos he couldnt breathe properly. because of me! How does that happen? I thot it was just him being dramatic. But suddenly he attributes everything going wrong to me. because according to him, he cant focus. Lots of stuff

I tried to talk with him and all. . .He just said a lot that can never be 4gotten

We'd been 2geda for over two years. And in all of these years, it was him ALONE.

It's not even the issues per se. It's the manner in which they are being handled by him.

It's not about passing blames. We both had parts to play for where we are today. But it was handled the wrong way.

Thats the heart breaking thing. That sm1 who loves u so much can do and say such damaging things.

He'll come back eventually. But. Dont think I can go back
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2009
Kenny_G:

whilst i sympatise with the poster, why is it that men always get the blame when a relationship breaks down, i can see all the ladies here saying stuff like men sha!, kill the guy yadda yadda yadda!
We havent had the priviledge of hearing the guy's side of the story, and should a guy continue in a relationship he knows is doomed just because he doesnt wanna hurt the girl?
while  break-ups are often hurtful, we should spare a thought for the guy as well!

Men don't always get the balme. Sometime we ladies are also responsible for what goes wrong too. But in this case, even though the poster hasn't really told us the full story, its obvious she thinks he's at fault!!

Nobody expects the guy to continue in a relationship where he's not happy, but its the way you go about it that matters.  undecided

Like I said, I dont know what really happened in her case, but I can guess the guy was a jerk!  tongue  cheesy
Re: I'm Heart Broken by AIRMARSHA: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2009
it not the end of the world baby.
Re: I'm Heart Broken by posakosa(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2009
Hmmmm, u ok?

Yes, justwise im fine. tongue tongue tongue
Re: I'm Heart Broken by LordReed(m): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

but I dont think there's a man who could truly give me what I want in life.

O boy! Is dat a stony heart, a disappointed heart, a disillusioned heart or a I-no-longer-care heart talking?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2009
Being too careful can't stop a doomed relationship from not working, but it can stop you from getting hurt!! And yes, setting high standards isn't even a guaranty, but it helps keep the other party on his toes!
How can being too careful stop you from getting hurt if the relationship goes sour?
i thought the whole point of being in a relationship or any relationship is 'something gives'

But I've learnt not to expect much from a guy no matter how much I think I he loves me; I've learnt to trust/respect people based on their integrity/actions and not on what they say; I've learnt how not to be blind to the little things that we often overlook; I've learnt that no matter how perfect he seems/appears, he's still a man!!!
hahahahahahahaha
I LAUGH IN WAZOBIA
Uju, this post is riddled with hypocrisy and it counters some of the comments you've made in other threads.
i'd like to believe this is a mistake.

Now despite what you think, I love men! I have them as my best friends, I respect them at my place of work, I love to interact with them, I've dated really nice guys who I will always respect and I still enjoy having fun with men . . .  but I dont think there's a man who could truly give me what I want in life.
all women go on about how they love men but they cant stop themselves from bashing them and the slightest opportunity
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2009
Omo Ibo, Pls.

You guys deserve all the bashing you get. I personall y think it's not even enough bashing.

Abeg leave Uju alone
Re: I'm Heart Broken by DeepSoul(f): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

. . . but I dont think there's a man who could truly give me what I want in life.

Now, Uju. That, I disagree with.

You arent God. And you dont know what the future holds really.

So take that back. Power of the tongue. . .?
Re: I'm Heart Broken by ebila(m): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2009
Heart Broken. Me.

I used to read about it. Listen to it in songs. Thot it was all a big exagerration.

But here I am. It's happening to me. Me. I feel like I'm having an outer-body experience.

Feels like I'm watching someone else feel pain. Feels like I'm feeling someone else's pain.

Feels like I'm in a bubble looking down on the rest of the world.

Feel like I'm falling from the sky but will never reach the ground.

I'm so sad I feel it in my sleep. I'm awoken by my sadness, just like an alarm clock.

Sometimes, like when I eat that crazy chocolate cake or when I'm in God's presence, I feel I'll be ok.

But sometimes, like now, my heart aches, my head feels woozy, I feel like I'll pass out.

Bn on NL for over 2 yrs but this is my 1st eva post. This must be serious.

Me. I used to have so much strength. Never thot it'd ever happen to me. But he came along.

Stole my heart. Didnt mind cos I thot he was stealing it to keep in a safe place.

But he stole it. And shattered it. This sounds so cliche and weak (@least I used to think so). But how can I ever love again?

Why should I? How can I? How?

How do I get thru this?? How??

Wake me up when September ends!
Is this a poem or an actual story?Either ay,heartbreak is wot one shud pray to experience cos if u do experience it,love will mean more wen u find it subsequently! Heartbreak doesn't kill,it makes stronger!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Furstrated / Girlfriend Are Hard To Kip because / My Friend Says She Is Pregnant For Me But I'm Not Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.