Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,752 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out (16469 Views)

Video, Photos: Female Student Cries, Begs Buhari To Resign Over Fuel Scarcity / Photos Of Baby Totally Disfigured After Boko Haram Attack - Burnt Face And Eye / Mother Of Slain UNICAL Student Cries For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
kuramo:

aisha 2,

Please can you update everyone on which hospital is performing the procedure on the young man.

Thanks.
University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Enugu
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2009
aisha2:

I think its unfair to complain about how much was raised. If you feel the amount is too low the better thing to do is to make it up. Platnukum spent time, energy and money raising tis money, the least they can get is some gratitude, 60 k may not be much to you but it means a lot to the boy getting help and the hospital has agreed to minimize to the barest minimum their charges because of this effort. Its easy to complain but one thing i have learnt is that it is hard to act, please, am not trying to be harsh to you but you should apologise to the people who donated this money, its really unfair to laugh at someones efforts. Haba, thats not nice, the people who gave this money are not millionaires, they work and sacrificed somethings to doante this money, please apologise

Pls dont get be wrong! I wasnt complaining neither was i laughing at his great guys efforts. Am simply shocked and speechless. Pls dont tell me about making it up cos you dont even know how much i have paid into those accounts that were early listed for this operation.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
chosen04:

Pls dont get be wrong! I wasnt complaining neither was i laughing at his great guys efforts. Am simply shocked and speechless. Pls dont tell me about making it up cos you dont even know how much i have paid into those accounts that were early listed for this operation.
I understand you now, am so sorry. Anyway, we also raised some money from here and entered a partnership with thier social welfare office, he will get better by the Grace of God and with your support. Thank you
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2009
I have just confirmed the theorem that Nigerians in Nigeria are better givers than Nigerians outside the country.
Aisha, You even got me rolling on the floor when you said Platinumnk spent energy and money( i guess thousands in foreign currency) to raise N.OO million in local currency.

Thanks to every one that has contributed:: But i still strongly believe that these foreign based guys could have done better. May God bless you all.
Platinumnk,
Theseeker,
Aisha2,
The amaka,
Chigo,
Aysometin,
Sauron,
Kuramo,
whitelexi,
===  to be continued
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by blacksta(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hi

Can somebody tell me what amount is Outstanding .
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
chosen04:

I have just confirmed the theorem that Nigerians in Nigeria are better givers than Nigerians outside the country.
Aisha, You even got me rolling on the floor when you said Platinumnk spent energy and money( i guess thousands in foreign currency) to raise N.OO million in local currency.

Thanks to every one that has contributed:: But i still strongly believe that these foreign based guys could have done better. May God bless you all.
Platinumnk,
Theseeker,
Aisha2,
The amaka,
Chigo,
Aysometin,
Sauron,
Kuramo,
whitelexi,
===  to be continued
LOL, Platinumnk is still raising more money, we will get there my dear, gradually. Thanks a lot.
@ Blacksta, amount outstanding is almost 400k
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
aisha2:

LOL, Platinumnk is still raising more money, we will get there my dear, gradually. Thanks a lot.
@ Blacksta, amount outstanding is almost 400k

Aisha, Pls lets get serious and think of generating the balance within. Infact, am recommending Platinimnk & co for the 'Guiness book of world records' for the greatest fund raiser of the century.

Pls is Platinimnk a she?
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by jaybee3(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
are they waiting for the balance before the dude can be treated or what?
what's the current situation?

@chosen
being abroad doesn't automatically qualifies one to be deep pockted. Majority are still students and the 20 dols donated should be accepted in good faith. Ain't no competition going on as the end goal is to get the poor boy out of his current predicament.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

@chosen
being abroad doesn't automatically qualifies one to be deep pockted. Majority are still students and the 20 dols donated should be accepted in good faith. Ain't no competition going on as the end goal is to get the poor boy out of his current predicament.

No, he is already being treated as we speak. I have said it, times are hard every naira and every dollar is greatly appreciated. Its not about Nigerians in Nigeria or Nigerians in diaspora, its about Joshua, never forget that pls
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by jaybee3(m): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
kk
lets raise the stake and go for another round of donation.
100 dols each by 18 nlers

I'm in. plat u wanna set it up?
i know sauron didn't mind donating 500 dols so that should leave us needing 12 more volunteers.
TKB where art thou?
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by redsun(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

kk
lets raise the stake and go for another round of donation.
100 dols each by 18 nlers

I'm in. plat u wanna set it up?
i know sauron didn't mind donating 500 dols so that should leave us needing 12 more volunteers.
TKB where art thou?

How much is hundred dollars in pounds?I will rather suggest we break down to another round of 30 pounds again which is something most of us don't need to go cash machine for,meanwhile it will save life.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by jaybee3(m): 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2009
should be around 65 pounds or thereabout.
plat set up options of 50 70 100 dols and lets get it rolling once again.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by blacksta(m): 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

I am in
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by redsun(m): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2009
I will like to send mine by western union to aisha this time.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

@chosen

@Jay bee.
I appreciate, infact we appreciate the effort of Nigerians in diaspora. I have them as Brothers, Sisters and relations so i know what am talking about. I just thank God that N61k is enough to get the poor boy out of his current predicament.

I have learnt one thing about giving. "Its not enough to give what doesnot cost you anything"

jay bee:

Thanks for waking up from slumber
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by platinumnk(f): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
@all- I just woke up and ill be heading to work- ill be back soon
@chosen- yes I am a female, I don't understand how it matters-
and for ur info thanks for the insult- it wasnt My donation but rathers what others gave as my efforts have been somewhat hampered by Seun and co! u think that's the only money I raised true that might have through the website, but that is not the ONLY money that was sent! I had already said I was doubling what was sent on MY OWN, and my friends in nigeria that I personally called donated as well! And yes most Nairalders in the states are students. I can only thank them for giving, nothing more. Thanks for exposing how you feel thanks.
--I don't think I have anymore to say to you.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by jaybee3(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
@plat
we appreciate you still so don't let the few that obviously don't count get to you. Lets look at the bigger pic.
You gonna set another one up?
i think instead of posting the link on here we can drop our names on this thread and u either contact us with the link via YIM or something.
Lets get going.
Reward is in heaven remember. tongue
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by TheSeeker(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
Is chosen04 here to mock the efforts or boost it? undecided
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by redsun(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
platinumnk:

and for your info thanks for the insult- it wasnt My donation but rathers what others gave as my efforts have been somewhat hampered by Seun and co! u think that's the only money I raised true that might have through the website, but that is not the ONLY money that was sent! I had already said I was doubling what was sent on MY OWN, and my friends in nigeria that I personally called donated as well! And yes most Nairalders in the states are students. I can only thank them for giving, nothing more. Thanks for exposing how you feel thanks.
--I don't think I have anymore to say to you.

Look man,you are one in a million,don't let the negatives get you down,just do what you can to save that poor boy's life.

In england,NHS(national health service) would have done it for but nigeria is place without a caring system or rather without a system at all.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
TheSeeker:

Is chosen04 here to mock the efforts or boost it? undecided

Good Question!!
Am here to boost the effort and to appreciate the effort you guys have gone through to raise the money especially for Platinumnk & co. But at same time state that we can do better.

Platinumnk, I still dont understand why you are taking what i said as an INSULT. How does using sarcasm to state that more than be done amount to insults. Pls i have no reason to insult you. I infact i have been praying for you and others since this project started. So dont get me wrong!!
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by redsun(m): 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
Criticism could be a blessing in disguise.The ones that are mostly free from criticisms are the very worthless ones,the invisibles.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
platinumnk:

I have been asking God to Bless HIM and not SHE. Hope u understand my reason for asking?
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by platinumnk(f): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

Well the orginal idea was 320 people donate 20$

And the hindering part many ppl came and looked in said their sympathies and gave nothing.

And Banning by Seun didnt help at all!

Nigerians online and the Nigerians I talked to here.

If You have enough people that are willing, Im all in , Ill change the donations amount in about 30 mins.

i cant log on to Yim at work, but u can email me at {Ask Jaybee} and I'll ping you the link .

^^ Dont quote me o cheesy

@Chosen- I try to see things with an open mind, I really do, but what you see as "sarcasm" can easily be percieved as insults. If they were not meant to be, I apologize, but that is what Im feeling from your words.

I cannot force people to give, only to let them know about and hope that my efforts impact their hearts to help.

@ All any other ideas to raise the funds faster is much appreciated.

Im defintely in for $100 donations.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by jaybee3(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
got mail
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by chosen04(f): 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
platinumnk:

@Chosen- I try to see things with an open mind, I really do, but what you see as "sarcasm" can easily be percieved as insults. If they were not meant to be, I apologize, but that is what Im feeling from your words.

I cannot force people to give, only to let them know about and hope that my efforts impact their hearts to help.

Im defintely in for $100 donations.

I have no reason to insult you. I apologize if you think i did. I was only trying to see if "we" can get angry in spirit and increase the bar. I really appreciate your effort as well as others.
However, i really regret just making my payment and going to sleep cos i believed the funds from 'away' will be more than enough.
Nne, May God richly bless you as well as others.
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by DisGuy: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
platinumnk:

You can replicate the thread on the Sports section, jobs Career section, Religion and
maybe romance some mugu might need a popularity vote!

And instead of changing it to from the current amount, you might want to include higher amount

Goodluck
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
Thanks all you people, @ Platinumnk, I have sent you a mail with all information. Sent all the documents to the hospital too. Called Joshaus Mum too. You guys are great, please lets make this a reality and raise all the amount needed for Joshua, Yes we can do It. Bless you all. Anyone who wants to get in touch can send a mail at lsfoundation08@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by blacksta(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2009
cool
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 19, 2009
Good work Peeps, we are up to N67523.20k. God Bless you all
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by platinumnk(f): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
now what happened to 'someones' transfer of 100k, aisha, did u receive it yet?
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
platinumnk:

now what happened to 'someones' transfer of 100k, aisha, did u receive it yet?
Nope, not received any 100,000 oh. I have not heard from "Someone Yet". How are u doing?
Re: Help Me! Disfigured Teenage Student Cries Out by platinumnk(f): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
hmm im gonna speak with him today on that- im cool-

@blacksta a $100 option was added- letting you know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

PDP Will Regain Its Power In 2019 Election – David Mark / INEC Presents Certificates Of Return To Wike, Lawmakers In Rivers (Photos) / Adeleke Arrested: Stop This Madness - Fani-kayode To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.