Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

I Have Lost Faith In This Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lost Faith In This Government (19843 Views)

President Buhari Urges Nigerians Not To Loose Faith In His Administration / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 11, 2016
obailala:
Fuel marketers/importers were being owed their subsidy entitlements by the FG for 9 months (since August 2014), they suspended importation, FFK the head of GEJ's campaign team at the time blamed APC for the importers stopping their importation, and here we are, someone thinks that talk by FFK was sensible?.. And you think your line of reasoning isn't 'spurious and illogical'?
more lies, can you substantiate such tentative assertion? the fact is, Importers were lobbied to halt importation by APC, and destroyed some major pipelines. Stop focusing on who is talking, rather than what is being said.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by fmlala: 11:55am On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=48377731]Just last year, I joined the many Nigerians who actually thought a dogged fourth time contestants woild be the best thing to happen should Jonathan be kicked. A year after, I have lost my voice around friends and family each time a political discourse comes up, most especially about the state of the economy.

Problems bothering on insecurity, power, state of the economy and corruption have all grown worse than it was under Goodluck Jonathan. Not like Jonathan would have been able to redeem the nation a second time though, and I would have still clearly voted against him if I had caught a glimpse of the anomalies ongoing before hand, but this time, I would have just given my vote to Kowa or Hope.

Without mincing words, Nigeria is presently on autopilot; President Buhari clearly has no idea on what should be done. The BBOG Buhari used as a tool during his campaign have been forgotten, more than ever Fulani herdsmen have been armed and fortified as they impact roads and streets with cow dung and horrible flies. The budget padding saga is still an issue to watch while daily corruption charges hover around the president and his minions.

Every government must come with her challenges, but loosing your voice among your people means you just voted PMB simply cos others are doing so, as far as am concerned there is light at the end of the tunnel for those that believe. As for those that against WAI, its a form of employment. I still believe things will get better soon.
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by odomanis: 11:56am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:
Okay, president Buhari "has no idea what to do", agreed. Now, my question is: kindly suggest one thing he could do to pull us out of the doldrums.

Recession of this nature where your reserve has been drastically depleted and your major forex earner has lost over 50%
of its value is most difficult to surmount.

If you wanna diversify, where do you get the money to do so (remember you need forex to import the equipment for this since they aren't produced locally)?? You wanna export more of your nearly useless forex earner so you can start taking steps towards diversification and some criminals literally make that impossible.

I'm glad you admitted Jonathan wasn't an option no matter what.

Where are they getting money for oil exploration in the North East ? They should get money from same source to diversify.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Isoni(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:
Okay, president Buhari "has no idea what to do", agreed. Now, my question is: kindly suggest one thing he could do to pull us out of the doldrums.

Recession of this nature where your reserve has been drastically depleted and your major forex earner has lost over 50%

If you wanna diversify, where do you get the money to do so (remember you need forex to import the equipment for this since they aren't produced locally)?? You wanna export more of your nearly useless forex earner so you can start taking steps towards diversification and some criminals literally make that impossible.

And my questions are:

(1) where are the billions recovered from looters?
(2) where are the billion generated from stamp duties daily?
(3) where are the trillions generated from TSA?
(4) FIRS, Nigeria Customs and other agencies are generating trillions on the pages of newspapers.

Are they no countries faring well without oil?
The rhetorics of government of the past not saving and the fall in the price of crude oil is now stale.

Does it mean that without oil Nigeria will cease to exist?

I pay PAYEE tax of more than N60,000 annually, but what has government been giving me in return. No medical care, high cost of living, no light, dilapidated roads to name a few.

Everytime discuss like this comes up, Apologist of the Government will ask what have you been doing to improve the economy?

As a tax payer I believe I am contributing my quota to the economy, and the government on their part have an obligation of must of providing better Living conditions for me and other citizens of Nigerian.

The government is not been fair to all of us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2016
Why are you making common sense?sad

MadCow1:

Forgive me but I feel like you didnt even know why you voted against Jonathan..

Lets address your issues one after the other;

1. Insecurity: This government has recorded laudable strides in security. People seem to quickly have forgotten when bombings like the Madalla Buspark, the Kano Central Mosque Bombing, the Nyanya Bus park Bombings, the Emab Plaza Bombing, the Independence day Bombings, the Mubi Polytechnic Massacre, the Adamawa state College of Agriculture killings and the likes were a normal occurrence in Nigeria.. Not to sound insensitive but the Fulani Herdsmen issue pales greatly in comparison. Short spam memories and Attention deficit disorder?... How easy it is to forget that the elections of last year was put off by a couple of weeks due to fears that the Terrorists would strike during the elections..

People even forget that Louis Edet Building (NIGERIAN POLICE HEAD QUARTERS BUILDING) was bombed and the Inspector general of Police only escapes death by the hair of his chinny chin chin.. grin The Nigerian Army mechanized Division in Borno was taken over by Boko Haram at some point and they drove Nigerian army equipment out without meeting any resistance.. grin

Notice I didn't mention any Church attacks oo! grin

I'm sorry but with regards to security, we are in a much better place today Nationwide and the battles we are facing now with herdsmen pales in comparison.

2. Power: Why is it that all of a sudden people are talking about power as if we are Ghana that went from 24hours a day availability to Power to struggling for 6 hours a day light? THIS IS NIGERIA.. We have never had an ideal power situation. It was President Olusegun Obasanjo that started the power Road map barely 16 years ago and its just a few years back that PHCN was unbundled. IPP's projects have sprang up nationwide, many still uncompleted.. But above all, the increased attacks by Militants on Oil and Gas installations have been the primary reason for the drop in Power.

These Militants that seemed to have calmed down under the Government of Goodluck Jonathan have all of a sudden returned and acting like it was this government that failed them.

Power has always been bad.. Atleast this Government through Fashola seems to be consolidating on the strides made by previous governments.. Power generation is a journey that we are still on and far behind.

3. The Economy.. Its easy to jump down the throat of this government and blame them for the situation we are in today, but please know that we didnt just arrive here, this is also a journey.

We went from a period where oil sold at 120USD/barrel with maximum output to a period were Oil is selling for 45USD/Barrel with minimal output due to Militancy. For me, this is very key to our problems.

Like even Okonjo Iweala herself said, in the time of plenty, we didn't save but rather wasted and looted. NNPC was misplacing and misappropriating Billions, the entire Government was looting by any means possible, Subsidy scams were being perpertuated, No local refineries were built, Infrastructures were left to rot with lip service being paid to its repairs, e.t.c... The Government of Obasanjo before it left office negotiated Nigeria's debt forgiveness, paid off our debt and started a savings account called Excess Crude Account to save the excesses we were making from Oil to serve as backing for the Naira.. Late President Yaradua came and continued in the path of Obasanjo and were coasting along.. Please remind me how much Jonathan met in the federation account and excess crude account and how much he left behind also tell me Nigeria's debt profile when Jonathan took office and when he left office.. I will wait..

Nigeria lost soooo much to the financial recklessness of the previous administration. My previous job was a new oil field that had a build budget of over 10 billion Dollars.. Today its shut down or rather suspended because the project was based on an estimated oil price of 65USD/barrel.

If you forget where you are coming from, you will never appreciate where you are now and where you are going..

4. Forex... yup, this one is the clear litmus test for the average Nigerian to judge the state of the economy.. Shiit is definitely not looking good.. USD, UK Pounds, European Euros and Chinese Yuan are not our legal tender here in Nigeria, trade to earn it. I remember the PDP touting the Agricultural strides made by the Jonathan administration... Please tell me what produce we are exporting that is bringing us the required FX we need? Don't tell me about the Anambra State 5 Million Dollar Ugu and bitter leaf. angry

Corruption.. How can you say corruption is worse under this government? Are you sure you live in Nigeria? Seriously?!! Tell me how it is worse now..

See Bros, lemme leave long story for story tellers.. The Nation is damaged. I am losing faith in the President myself but not for the things you stated. I feel like he is overwhelmed by the things he is seeing on ground. I am afraid he underestimated the level of work required to start the Nigerian Engine up talkless of getting the Nation moving. Not a single sector is working or near where it should be. The work is plenty and the interests that need to be overcome are strong.

I have told myself that we gave him 4 years... I will patiently wait for the 4 years to elapse and then judge him.

God Bless my President Muhammadu Buhari..

God Bless my Country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2016
bakynes:

My brother am tired of this IPOB/ SS/SE tribalist. For God sake you people are the same people cheering the militants to keep blowing Pipelines and you turn around to blame the President for the bad state of the Economy. With Oil price low, Vandalization of pipelines, low production output, no foreign reserves how do you expect the Country to be like? Eldorado. As if they dont know oil is our mainstay. The only area i fault the president is the poor handling of the Fulani Herdsmen, the statement he made about working for the people that voted him more.

People who say they regret votinf him are just plain stupid what do you want the man to do with Low Oil price and Vandalization of Pipelines.
Although I don't support the tantrums thrown at Buhari, but I see your post as hypocrisy. You accuse the SE/SS of cheering pipeline bombings and sabotaging PMB's government. When did it become bad to cheer pipeline bombings and militant activities? Did it start today? I can bet my last kobo that you joined those who cheered Boko-Haram terrorist attacks on GEJ's government all to paint him as clueless. Did you support the previous government as a patriotic Nigerian? What positive part did you play in assisting your country when it needed men to salvage it. Because I know you were one of those who used every opportunity to rain insults on the gentleman. So keep mute, because you have no justification for your argument. In law it is said, that he who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by MadCow1: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
daretodiffer:
Why are you making common sense?sad

I am sorry.. cry cry cry cry
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by obailala(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
madapcmod:

Neither was d former minister of power and GEJ the ones u lots accused of incompetence even they were complaining of sabotage. APC advised he police the pipelines, i wonder y samr apc is giving excuses now.

Do d damn work and stop complaining.
I never accused any minister under gej of being responsible for the darkness, or being responsible for the blowing up power station gas pipelines.
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by mastermaestro(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
joseph1832:
If that alternative have you writing epistles for him, then I'll say it's a no goer because history here have told us whoever you support always end up doing nothing.

Thank you for your level-headed response. grin

But this is how I would have responded considering how irritated I am at that dude's frequent political swings. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by MrTour: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
When you place an "akpa amu" in charge of a country what do you expect?

5 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by obailala(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:
more lies, can you substantiate such tentative assertion? the fact is, Importers were lobbied to halt importation by APC, and destroyed some major pipelines. Stop focusing on who is talking, rather than what is being said.
When you are not in the know, asking should be a virtue instead of accusing people of lying. Besides, the hard biting fuel scarcity which Nigerians experienced before handover was in May 2015, long after APC had already won the election. I don't know what planet or country you live in to not know this or to argue over something which happened just last year.

Nigeria hit by fuel shortage as marketers cut imports over unpaid subsidies
Lagos (Platts)--2 Mar 2015 519 am EST/1019 GMT

A fresh round of gasoline shortages has hit Nigeria as fuel importers drastically cut imports following the government's delay in settle over Naira 264 billion ($1.41 billion) on debts owed on subsidies for previous imports....

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/oil/lagos/nigeria-hit-by-fuel-shortage-as-marketers-cut-26027400
http://www.platts.com/latest-news/oil/lagos/nigerian-fuel-marketers-say-still-owed-315-mil-26067047

The owed money was eventually paid in Dec 2015.
http://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-oil-subsidies-idUSL8N13Y47E20151209
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/11/buhari-approves-n413b-subsidy-payment-to-oil-marketers/
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Eazybay(m): 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

Most times I don't get. You are just happy he said Jonathan was not an option. Sincere question: Do u love Nigeria or Hate Jonathan??
Even if GEJ was to inc fuel price he would NEVER have dreamt of 145.
The contractors would never have lost faith in the govt even if they wea owed a yr areers.
Our investors would have continued to express faith in our system.
NOI would have rallied her team overdrive to make sure we remain afloat. She did it b4
Adeshina would have ensured food price stability and continued sustenance.
Besides 9jeria being SELF DESTRUCTIVE, some of PMB's problems are SELF INFLICTED

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by slap1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
OP I don't have any pity for people like you who claimed to be educated only to be hoodwinked by a man without WAEC result. You contributed to this hardship we are in. angry

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Almajiri1: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP I recall how passionate you were for Buhari, it is so sad that his policies and style are disappointing.

I'm also glad that you admitted that PDP is nor an option (the party must rest in peace)...

Be assured that a viable alternative is cooking and shall be unveiled in 2019...
I guess deji and co refused to pay handsomely?

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by kings09(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
@ur first paragraph, it is not OP's job to suggest solutions. Buhari/APC was voted in cos they said they had d solutions. But if u insist d OP shld suggest any solution then u jst affirmed to the Op's argument dat truly Buhari has nothing to offer except an empty brain. Progressive01, pls how much r they payin u for dis job cos ur fellow zombies hungerbad, keneking, madridguy, beremx, modath seem to have changed their voice as a result of lack of pay or probably it's peanuts
Progressive01:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by madridguy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Change voice as in how? I will stand with Buhari till final whistle.

kings09:
@ur first paragraph, it is not OP's job to suggest solutions. Buhari/APC was voted in cos they said they had d solutions. But if u insist d OP shld suggest any solution then u jst affirmed to the Op's argument dat truly Buhari has nothing to offer except an empty brain. Progressive01, pls how much r they payin u for dis job cos ur fellow zombies hungerbad, keneking, madridguy, beremx, modath seem to have changed their voice as a result of lack of pay or probably it's peanuts
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
yomz1e:
You are so dim-witted with that statement. when you plant coconut , does it start sprouting coconut under 1 year. since you were born , have you ever had constant light? sometimes i read the comments here then look at some of the profile pictures or handle and realize how the internet has made some stupid people managed to be on social media

The same fashola made so many foolish statements under the GEJ administration, saying that it is not a serious government because it couldnt guarantee steady power supply.. Now he has been appointed to fix the power problem and you are here talking nonsense.. So if fashola cannot fix the power as minister, he should be rewarded with presidency? I dont blame you... The average IQ of a Nigerian is in the negative due to poverty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by ore16: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Sanchez01:
Just last year, I joined the many Nigerians who actually thought a dogged fourth time contestants woild be the best thing to happen should Jonathan be kicked. A year after, I have lost my voice around friends and family each time a political discourse comes up, most especially about the state of the economy.

Problems bothering on insecurity, power, state of the economy and corruption have all grown worse than it was under Goodluck Jonathan. Not like Jonathan would have been able to redeem the nation a second time though, and I would have still clearly voted against him if I had caught a glimpse of the anomalies ongoing before hand, but this time, I would have just given my vote to Kowa or Hope.

Without mincing words, Nigeria is presently on autopilot; President Buhari clearly has no idea on what should be done. The BBOG Buhari used as a tool during his campaign have been forgotten, more than ever Fulani herdsmen have been armed and fortified as they impact roads and streets with cow dung and horrible flies. The budget padding saga is still an issue to watch while daily corruption charges hover around the president and his minions.

Who is going to solve Nigeria problem ?

Just a handful of the many APC faithfuls who are fast realizing that the Change we have is in reverse, it is worthy of note to clearly state that I have lost faith in the Buhari-led administration.

I sincerely hope Kowa would come out stronger with young, vibrant, intelligent and dynamic candidates in 2019.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by globe16: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Pls what has Pete obi in common with looters educate me pls, if he has any corruption allegation over his head. Sullivan? Am not talking about looters am talking about a man who managed anambra state well read my post again for more comprehension. What am saying is that pdp still have him as a material and we should not throw either apc or pdp away cos they have other Good presidential materials apart from buhari and gej is that too hard for ur comprehension?
Peter obi is not different from the looters... His aide was once causght in Lagos airport trying to ferry 250 million raw cash.. I expect you push people like Chime who have outstanding achievements in enugu with no corruption cases
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by gabe: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:
Tompolo, Boyloaf, Asari Dokubo et al were in charge of pipeline security during GEJ yet APC managed to bribe some people to blow up the same pipelines. Tiri gbosa for u.
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Obiwannn: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Rilwayne001:
I lost faith since..

I really regret voting this man.
Buahahahahahahaahahahah

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Obiwannn: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
MrHenshaw:
I have said it over and over again, abroad is not better.People on ground can tell better.With d advantage of dollar,euro and pounds rise,y are d people over there not building etc.We have insensitive leaders but do we still need to be insensitive to yourself ?Time is passing and age is going!Advice yourself early ooo,don't say i didn't tell u.Thank me later.

Really?

Dont kid yourself myfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by kings09(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
Indeed. The hunger wey de wire u wey no gree u type complete na frm Jonathan
madridguy:
Change voice as in how? I will stand with Buhari till final whistle.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by madridguy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
I can still afford to dash you a bucket of Garri and full pack of pepperish Kuli-Kuli.

Send me your contact address if you care for it.

kings09:
Indeed. The hunger wey de wire u wey no gree u type complete na frm Jonathan
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Obiwannn: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
PaulIdu:

You guys still don't get it nobody has lost faith in Buhari because the economy is bad we have lost faith because we have seen he lacks the wisdom and vision to lead any nation .. See an example below from my previous post

I stopped supporting Buhari not because the economy is bad or slow ..I did because I found out he lacks wisdom and vision required to steer any economy either one in boom or in a recession .. okay let me me give you an example if you are President of a Country that depends on oil from most of its revenue and Oil prices drop at a time when you haven't diversified the economy ..What would a wise president do ? 

Ans: A wise president will know that to meet up the revenue deficit from low oil price you will have to improve out put and try expand your agreed quota by any means. (Just yesterday Saudi Arabia hit is record out of 10,650,000 million barrels a day like any wise leader would)

What will a visionless president do?

Answer : He will tense up the fragile peace in the Niger delta by first revoking a proposed university of Niger delta, he would order the EFCC to start investigating ex militants for corruption, he would then order the EFCC to declare Tompolo wanted and infact give him a deadline to turn himself in (who does that) without remembering that till recently Tompolo was in charge of pipelines surveillance for year so had good upstanding of how they work.

Another instance is in a country that has an employment and productivity deficit and depend on small 4 stroke Petrol Generators to drive most of the small businesses because of poor power supply ..what does Buhari do ? He orders the minister of power to increase the electricity tarrif by 50 percent and then goes ahead to increase petrol price by almost double . A wise president would increase petrol and maintain the electricity tariff as it is till the economy improves because increase both at the same time will increase the cost production by over 100 percent thereby driving a rapid inflation..

Bro I can go on and on ..Buhari lacks good decision making abilities infact if you give him the Swedish economy today he will destroy it in a year.

You just made governance look so easy.
Thumbs up. We need more youth in Leadership. People who can actually think.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by youngalex(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
Am tired of Criticizing a DEAF GOVERNMENT...I want to ask some few critical questions

Why are they romancing Non-Functional Refineries? Selling them Off to Firms with the technical,administrative and financial capacity to ensure maximum productivity.

Why will they remove the subsidy on fertilizers when an average farmer is finding it difficult to enhance output without fertilizer?

Why is this Government economical with the truth regarding the politics of Kerosene and Petrol Pricing Strategy? Why is NNPC MEGA STATIONS selling almost at the official price while they source forex directly from CBN?

Why is this regime allowing STATE GOVERNORS recieve allocation,SECURITY VOTES and other emoluments while owing a huge backlog of Salaries? ..I recently heard the Swiss Government wants to return ABACHA LOOT but insisted the FG must come up with a detailed plan on how such money will be spent with the constitution of Swiss/FG Joint Committee to ensure effective implementation..This strategy must be applied to STATES,before allocations are released the STATES should come up with the amount to be disbursed for Salaries with an effective follow -up

Why is FG shielding an obviously Corrupt Parliament from Probe regarding Parliamentary Finances,Budget Padding etc

Why is FG shielding IBRAHIM LAMORDE from Probe,The man in whose tenure as EFCC CHIARMAN about #1Trillion recovered cannot be traced

These questions must be answered for us to have a genuine economic sense of direction

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by mrmetoo1: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
This Op never supported Buhari. He just wants to take advantage the fact that his supporters are complaining. How anyone can say insecurity is worse under Buhari is a liar. Anyone that says or suggests that things could have been better under Jonathan is a liar. People's frustration with this government is that they feel they could be doing more. I for one thought, the difference between this administration will be like light and dark are disappointed. There's no part of me that misses Jonathan for one second, I just need this government to do better.

You talk insecurity, when last have you heard about a bomb blast in the NE. The militants that misbehaved in the SW were decisively dealt with. We're not out of the woods yet obviously but there's evidence miscreants are being dealt with. Management of funds have been better with stuff like the TSA and curbing of corruption. I just expected a lot more, stuff like CBN restricting money transfers is one of the things that keep me scratching my head, the perceived lax attitude of fixing this economic crisis is what bugs me. Comparing however to Jonathan abeg let that guy enjoy his retirement.
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by kings09(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
I go collect oo. To increase the food stock I have or u think I ll reject? Jst admit u r hungry. In ur hrt, buhari period don de hit u. Even ur income no de reach anywhr
madridguy:
I can still afford to dash you a bucket of Garri and full pack of pepperish Kuli-Kuli.

Send me your contact address if you care for it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by mrmetoo1: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Isoni:

And my questions are:

(4) FIRS, Nigeria Customs and other agencies are generating trillions on the pages of newspapers.

The rhetorics of government of the past not saving and the fall in the price of crude oil is now stale.

I pay PAYEE tax of more than N60,000 annually, but what has government been giving me in return. No medical care, high cost of living, no light, dilapidated roads to name a few.

Everytime discuss like this comes up, Apologist of the Government will ask what have you been doing to improve the economy?

As a tax payer I believe I am contributing my quota to the economy, and the government on their part have an obligation of must of providing better Living conditions for me and other citizens of Nigerian.

Tell me one country that's dependent on oil that's faring well. Please just mention one. Please don't come here to mention countries that are surviving with their huge reserves because I'll ask you where our own reserves went. Let's no even talk about Venezuela. Go see what's going on in Angola. Saudi Arabia has suspended so many projects leaving a lot of migrant workers without food. I saw something on CNN were the Indian government had to send food to Indian workers in Saudi because they're not getting paid anymore. Power has been cut from the camps they stay in, no more money so no food. They can't leave because their employers have their passports. Venezuela is like a scene from those apocalypse movies.
Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by mokset123: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

Difficult solutions need to be enforced by this government now instead of hoping on increase in crude oil

1. Cut cost - reduce all salaries of government workers on CONTISS, CONUASS, CONRAISS, CONTOPSAL, CONMESS, CONHESS, CONJUSS, CONPASS except for those on conpss as they have the least remuneration in civil service.

2 operate a unilateral assembly, senate should be scrapped leaving only the house of reps and cut their salaries and allowances to that of government workers

3 pension for former heads of states, presidents and chief of staff, heads of civil service, etc be slashed to something reasonable

4 pensions of other government retirees in excess of 400000 a month be slashed

5 The numbers of executive aides for the president and ministers cut, their salaries and allowances cut drastically

6 promote transparency and accountability in use of government funds

7 fomulate policies that would drive industrial development and growth

8 all the money saved can then be channelled into funding education, ict, agriculture, manufacturing, road and rail construction

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by Atk1nson(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Progressive01:

Truth is Jonathan was bad, but Buhari is worse. He is not competent enough to run a free market economy. His policies are out-of-touch with reality and poorly planned, hence constant policy back-and-forth that has characterized his government. Nigeria is not the only import-dependent country deriving most of its revenue from oil. Developing economies like angola, mocambique and Algeria are similar comparables, but they have faired way better. It is sheer stupidity to compare our situation with Venezuela, given that their issue started even before the current oil glut and is closely linked to sanctions they are facing and the communist system they are trying to practice in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Faith In This Government by mrmetoo1: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Isoni:

And my questions are:

Tell me one country that's dependent on oil that's faring well. Please just mention one. Please don't come here to mention countries that are surviving with their huge reserves because I'll ask you where our own reserves went. Let's no even talk about Venezuela. Go see what's going on in Angola. Saudi Arabia has suspended so many projects leaving a lot of migrant workers without food. I saw something on CNN were the Indian government had to send food to Indian workers in Saudi because they're not getting paid anymore. Power has been cut from the camps they stay in, no more money so no food. They can't leave because their employers have their passports and that's Saudi with their huge reserves. Venezuela is like a scene from those apocalypse movies.

There's no painless way out of this mess. The solution is less dependence on oil for our forex earning, that won't happen in one year, it won't even happen in 10. All we can do as citizens is take advantage of the opportunities that arise from this mess. The oil and gas folks i know are already looking to other businesses. I know one that went to sign a deal with middle East developers, he wants to get into luxury real estate. If it'll work out is yet to be determined but we can't just sit around and wait for government to come share money. Btw, your taxes you pay made them share N559B (faac) last month up about N300b from the previous month, a lot of it was due to collection agencies like Firs so thanks for paying your taxes, it's been shared to your state and lg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Lose $466m In Military Scam / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos / We’ll Take 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.