Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? (17218 Views)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

He's been boxed to a corner

Let's say atheists killed 1B people

Theists killed 10M people (just examples pls)

He's now saying we should go for the one that killed 10M because it killed less people; and he still doesn't see a problem in that logic
Brain na!!!!
You see, i choose my words carefully, i ddnt say we should stick to religion, i havent made such statement. This thread only exposes atheism. If anything, Jesus is the answer for the world.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Bros, now your dishonesty is laid bare

Deviates from believing in GOD (by God, you mean Yahweh) the same dishonesty I've always referred to

I've been straightforward in my posts here by making it clear that this is a "theism vs atheism" debate

[size=15pt]ALMOST ALL THE KILLINGS IN YOUR HOLY BOOK WERE CARRIED OUT BY THEISTS; ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE[/size]

now, back to the beginning of this argument; my post you're trying to counter is simply this

Bros, even neutrals can see that you've not countered that, you've only shown that both atheists and theists both have evil mentalities of their predecessors

[size=17pt]ALL YOU (WINNER01) HAS DONE SO FAR IS PROVE ME RIGHT; IF ATHEISM HAS EVIL MENTALITIES; THEISM IS NOT THE SOLUTION EITHER[/size]
[size=17pt]The only solution ive not proferred here is that A Relationship with God is the answer. And that is the solution. Ordinary theism will lead nowhere.[/size]
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

He's been boxed to a corner

Let's say atheists killed 1B people

Theists killed 10M people (just examples pls)

He's now saying we should go for the one that killed 10M because it killed less people; and he still doesn't see a problem in that logic
Brain na!!!!
You see, i choose my words carefully, i ddnt say we should stick to religion, i havent made such statement. This thread only exposes atheism. If anything, Jesus is the answer for the world.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
DeSepiero:
We don't try to understand or pick a point from another fellows argument while we debate. We rather look for conflicting ideas. This is a problem!!

Let's try to be empathetic.
We could learn a whole lot from one another.

Cc. HopefulLandlord, Winner01
I started by making claims and giving proof, have you seen anyone refute my evidence except strawman and ad hominems.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Those dishonest threads that you create every other day right?
You wish they were dishonest. I give proofs supporting my claim, else it would have been easy to refute them.
No one can dispute the evidences in my posts simply because they are the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
"Thus, according to Ward Churchill, a professor of ethnic studies at the University of Colorado, the reduction of the North American Indian population from an estimated 12 million in 1500 to barely 237,000 in 1900 represents a"vast genocide . . . , the most sustained on record." By the end of the 19th century, writes David E. Stannard, a historian at the University of Hawaii, native Americans had undergone the"worst human holocaust the world had ever witnessed, roaring across two continents non-stop for four centuries and consuming the lives of countless tens of millions of people." In the judgment of Lenore A. Stiffarm and Phil Lane, Jr.,"there can be no more monumental example of sustained genocide—certainly none involving a 'race' of people as broad and complex as this—anywhere in the annals of human history."
http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7302

Another one:

https://espressostalinist.com/genocide/native-american-genocide/

The American Indian Holocaust, known as the “500 year war” and the “World’s Longest Holocaust In The History Of Mankind And Loss Of Human Lives.”
Genocide and Denying It: Why We Are Not Taught that the Natives of the United States and Canada were Exterminated

Death Toll: 95,000,000 to 114,000,000

By mass-execution prior to the arrival of Columbus the land defined as the 48 contiguous states of America numbered in excess of 12 million. Four centuries later, it had been reduced by 95% (237 thousand). How? When Columbus returned in 1493 he brought a force of 17 ships. He began to implement slavery and mass-extermination of the Taino population of the Caribbean. Within three years five million were dead

Why do you ignore 100 million dead humans? Narrative doesn't add up, heh?

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
DeSepiero:
We don't try to understand or pick a point from another fellows argument while we debate. We rather look for conflicting ideas. This is a problem!!

Let's try to be empathetic.
We could learn a whole lot from one another.

Cc. HopefulLandlord, Winner01
I started by making claims and giving proof, have you seen anyone refute my evidence except strawman and ad hominems.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Weah96:

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7302

Another one:

https://espressostalinist.com/genocide/native-american-genocide/

Why do you ignore 100 million dead humans? Narrative doesn't add up, heh?
But why now? undecided
I want to know where the indians were killed because of their disbelief in God or because americans wanted their lands.

You dont always have to bring up anything just to meet up with the madness of atheism.

I always included non religious, non atheistic deaths in my proof. Im not a bias person.
Its like calling nigerian-cameroon struggle for land a religious war. Dont be desperate when you dont have answers na undecided
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3861249_img20160608072600edit_png0d6c36e885a2749ff7ee439996b28aaf
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
AmenRa1:

What did I just read!! Well am not surprised it's a "Christian thing" LIE!
Fact:
From the 11th century to the 18th century Christian have been killing I won't compair this to the atheist that av killed but I will compare it to Muslims. the amount of people the Muslims have killed up to this day, is not even up to quarter of the amount of people the Christian have killed an tortured for over 700years now. this is not to include the Jews O just Christian we have the holy war,the Inquisition, the Holocaust and what have U undecided
This is one of the reason m following this thread. not to even talk of slavery self our African men & women that were beaten nearly half to death by Christians and our women that we're raped? And U have the guts to make that foolish statement of urs??
Okay sir.

Mouth=100%

Proof with valid statistics=0%

You try.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Seun:
I don't think the OP really believes any of his arguments. I'll engage him when he is willing to be honest. He's just trolling us in my view.
Seun, do you want me to prove the intolerance of 2016 atheists to you, just say the magic word. Im not trolling you.
Ive made my comparisons and backed them with proof, that's not trolling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Bros, I've been very clear, if atheism is evil, then you have to proffer a "non-evil" alternative that opposes it, if the alternative that's opposing it has it's own evil, then its definitely not a solution
Ive told you. Religion is not the solution, Jesus is the solution.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Considering atheism is a mental yoke if we should scrutinize its principles I think y'all should become Christians and them help us extricate other religious people from their parochial beliefs so they can leverage their minds which have been decrepit . What do you think ?

I agree with you to a great extent though we are yet to establish what makes Christianity special from other ruinous religions..

I think what should make Christianity better is because it tells the truth. Right?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Winner, as usual, defying logic. My post simply gave you the context on which communism was founded, and the explanation to their antireligious statements. But as usual, you're not here to learn. Your mind is set in stone and you see what you want to see.
Its funny how religious nuts like him are quick to scream that atheists take things like bible verses out of context, but then quote statements without understanding the context behind them. I provided that for him and he says I'm 'changing history'. Smh
My mind is open to evidences that can disprove my claims, not emotional statements that seeks to dilute the truth.

You want to explain the contextual meaning of when one says: Religion is a disease and should be eradicated.
ok!
Go on, i'm listening.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
My mind is open to evidences that can disprove my claims, not emotional statements that seeks to dilute the truth.

You want to explain the contextual meaning of when one says: Religion is a disease and should be eradicated.
ok!
Go on, i'm listening.
I'm not diluting anything, I explained in my first post and then in my responses to king Ebuka, read those objectively first
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:

There's more, and I thought you'd draw the conclusion yourself. My elaboration on those points you raised are to show you that they don't support your claim that atheism is responsible for the killings.

You keep referring to atheism as a belief system - when you do that you are referring to people who hold hypotheses of some scientists as the ultimate.

Atheism in its real sense is just the rejection of belief in gods. Its not a counter-belief, its unbelief.
Most atheists rely on logic, facts, observed laws of nature.

The killings of religious people by Stalin are products of his delusion that he could force people to stop believing in fairytales. By using violence, you don't make people stop believing, you just induce fear.
KingEbukasBlog

Christianity is also the rejection of all other gods . Due to atheism , the founders of Marxism and Leninism developed several critical beliefs about religion . Communism , Marxism-Leninism , simply means "abolish religion and impose atheism " . It had nothing to do with the personal desires of those atheist potentates . They killed because their political ideologies were caused by atheism - the rejection of gods and religion

Atheists rely on different ideologies INDUCED by their disbelief in God and religion - atheism . Now look at this , the bellicose rabid theists kill because of the ideologies induced by their belief and religion , and bellicose rabid atheists kill or are malevolent because of the ideologies induced by the disbelief and rejection of religion Eg communism .

For the rabid theists they want to impose their religion because of their religious ideologies and for the rabid atheists they want to impose atheism and abolish religion because of the atheistic ideologies e.g communism .

Plus you have to impugn their morality - subjective morality , whereby what is morally wrong or right is due to a person's personal perceptive. What was their perspective on how to annihilate religion ? Kill the contumacious religious people . Why is it the right thing to do ? Because they are perceived as encumbrances to development due to their beliefs . See ? The killings were justified from their personal perspective . Of course we know that the religious agrees to objective morality .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
chijiblaze:
Nobody killed anybody with the aim of promoting atheism. Stalin and Pol Pot killed thousands in order to perpetuate themselves in power not for the religion they believed in.
Maybe you need to read the quotes of those individuals in the op.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
But why now? undecided
I want to know where the indians were killed because of their disbelief in God or because americans wanted their lands.

Christians exterminated them in order to occupy their lands. The fact that they were indigenous heathens had everything to do with it. Can we divorce purpose from identity?

Stalin killed those opposed to his ideas, did he kill because people believed in god? That's a real narrow way of presenting an argument.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I'm not diluting anything, I explained in my first post and then in my responses to king Ebuka, read those objectively first
You did not give any evidence refuting my claim, you've only tried to redefine what communism stands for albeit in a disgraceful manner.
KingEbukasBlog has dealt with those sorta dishonesty smoothly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Ranchhoddas: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
You wish they were dishonest. I give proofs supporting my claim, else it would have been easy to refute them.
No one can dispute the evidences in my posts simply because they are the truth.
Like the truth about Hitler being atheist right?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Weah96:

Christians exterminated them in order to occupy their lands. The fact that they were indigenous heathens had everything to do with it. Can we divorce purpose from identity?

Stalin killed those opposed to his ideas, did he kill because people believed in god? That's a real narrow way of presenting an argument.
Should I provide you with 10 quotes from stalin against religion and religious people while you provide me with just one religious quote from any of the leaders of the Amer-indian wars?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Weah96:

Read my post above and refute if you can . Atheists killed because they rejected gods and religion and wanted to impose atheism . It had nothing to do with personal beliefs . For Christ's sake , we have posted their atheistic views about religion and quotes about life and did not surmise but indeed proved with evidence that atheism is culpable for those deaths .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Like the truth about Hitler being atheist right?
Should I provide you with 5 quotes of Hitler against christianity and the dates, while you provide for me just 1 pro-christian quite from Hitler after the dates i will provide?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
Ive told you. Religion is not the solution, Jesus is the solution.

One man is the solution to the problems of the whole world, and he's Israeli by origin.
Ok.

Sounds like Donald Trump a few weeks ago. He called himself the ONLY solution for America's problems and got riduculed for expressing megalomania in public.

But i get your point. This your Jesus created the whole universe. Before he became an Israeli human and died.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Weah96:

One man is the solution to the problems of the whole world, and he's Israeli by origin.
Ok.

Sounds like Donald Trump a few weeks ago. He called himself the ONLY solution for America's problems and got riduculed for expressing megalomania in public.

But i get your point. This your Jesus created the whole universe. Before he became an Israeli human and died.

If Jesus were to come from Nigeria, israelites will say the same thing, if he was to fly to earth from heaven, you'll still say the same thing
Jesus had to come from somewhere bro.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Ranchhoddas: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
Should I provide you with 5 quotes of Hitler against christianity and the dates, while you provide for me just 1 pro-christian quite from Hitler after the dates i will provide?
Please explain to me how opposition to Christianity equates atheism. Show me one quote where Hitler renounced belief in a Higher Power.

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Christianity is also the rejection of all other gods . Due to atheism , the founders of Marxism and Leninism developed several critical beliefs about religion . Communism , Marxism-Leninism , simply means "abolish religion and impose atheism " . It had nothing to do with the personal desires of those atheist potentates . They killed because their political ideologies were caused by atheism - the rejection of gods and religion

Atheists rely on different ideologies INDUCED by their disbelief in God and religion - atheism . Now look at this , the bellicose rabid theists kill because of the ideologies induced by their belief and religion , and bellicose rabid atheists kill or are malevolent because of the ideologies induced by the disbelief and rejection of religion Eg communism .

For the rabid theists they want to impose their religion because of their religious ideologies and for the rabid atheists they want to impose atheism and abolish religion because of the atheistic ideologies e.g communism .

Plus you have to impugn their morality - subjective morality , whereby what is morally wrong or right is due to a person's personal perceptive. What was their perspective on how to annihilate religion ? Kill the contumacious religious people . Why is it the right thing to do ? Because they are perceived as encumbrances to development due to their beliefs . See ? The killings were justified from their personal perspective . Of course we know that the religious agrees to objective morality .
You've presented a really good case here. Tell your friend winner how to debate. Its not about saying derogatory words to your opponent in order to attempt to intimidate them.
However, I would like to point out one thing. Atheism and Anti-theism are two distinct philosophies. . . the former is unbelief, and the second is a counter belief. There are many overlapping principles, common to both, but there are differences. The quote 'abolish religion and impose atheism' - it crosses the thin line from atheism to anti-theism. Communism as an ideology is can only be successful in an atheistic community. However, forcefully imposing communism will lead to anti-theistic actions. If you recall, in my first reply, I said this Marxist idea was ideal, but not practically applicable.
Imagine theism as a person saying 'Blue is the best color! Everything should be painted blue!' An atheist would say 'Blue is not the best color. . . there's no best color lol' . . . an anti-theist would say 'Nobody should have a best color because there's no such thing! So if you have a best color I'll kill you!' You can see the overlap and the difference. Slight, but it's there.
As for their morality, I could say that most atheists depend on secular rules, devoid of any religious influence. Such as the human rights by the United Nations. Morality being subjective doesn't mean that you can do whatever you like. Morality in our case is determined by what is best for all of humanity. I think I've made a post about this before. When crabs are climbing out of a bucket, each one drags the other back down and none of them escape. Our intelligence has made us understand that working together will help all of us escape from the bucket. Therefore our morality is based on whatever is best for mankind. Giving everyone an equal chance to contribute. That's what we mean by subjective. 'What is best for mankind' can change over time, depending on our understanding of things. Killing of another human being violates that. If your argument is that 'they believe in religion and religion has hindered development' then you also need to remember that religious ideas are intangible. Religious people are not the hindrance, its the ideas which they believe in that make them religious and those ideas can change at any time. If a cup is full of acid, the solution isn't to break the cup, but pour away the acid and replace it with whatever's better.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please explain to me how opposition to Christianity/religion equates atheism. Show me one quote where Hitler renounced belief in a Higher Power.
hahahahaha grin, Na so you wan do am undecided I tire oo.

You people ehn undecided grin
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
AnonyNymous, what exactly do you believe in?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by winner01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I don't call for a total ban because that'd be irrational and against freedom of expression. But I think that religion should not be elevated to the level that it is today and should be more personal, to the point that no one cares but you yourself, just as nobody comes asking you on the street if your bellybutton is in or out.
How do you intend to do this, you would have to kill someone like me to try to seperate me from my Creator. Many other people are like me.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
If Jesus were to come from Nigeria, israelites will say the same thing,

EXACTLY. See, you can follow clues when you wanna.

Jesus had to come from somewhere bro.

No bro. Why must someone come bro? You envision a small minded creator bro, one burdened by human constraints and ideas.

If Jesus was Nigerian, I would have kept quiet. Although that Olumba Olumba fellow is looking increasingly promising.

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
How do you intend to do this, you would have to kill someone like me to try to seperate me from my Creator. Many other people are like me.
Nobody is separating you from your creator, nobody cares - thats the way it should be. Religion has too much influence and power over things that should be secular.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
winner01:
AnonyNymous, what exactly do you believe in?
How is that relevant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Adeboye Urges FG To Emulate Obiano’s Diversification Programme / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.