Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672224 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by jeniver64(f): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
HERE IS MY TRANSCRIPT...
I LEFT IBADAN FOR LAGOS ON WED, 17TH AUG... MY FLIGHT WAS SCHEDULED FOR 6:30AM.. VIA ROYAL AIR RAMOC.

THE CHECK IN STARTED AROUND 2AM.... I DID THE NORMAL CHECKS,WEIGHED MY LUGGAGES, WENT TO THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS AND NDLEA TABLE TO CHECK MY LUGGAGES... NIGERIANS LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH CORRUPTION. THE WOMAN IN CUSTOM UNIFORM TOLD I HAVE TO PAY 2,000 FOR THE FOODSTUFF I WAS CARRYING AND OR ELSE I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE OFFICE TO MAKE THE CERTIFICATION. EVENTUALLY I PAID THE WOMAN 1K. FROM THERE I PROCEEDED TO THE COUNTER TO GET MY BOARDING PASS... WENT THROUGH THE IMMIGRATION CHECKS ... AND PROCEEDED TO BOARD MY FLIGHT.
THE FLIGHT TOOK OFF FOR CASABLANCA AT EXACTLY 06 :30AM.. WHILE ON BOARD WE WERE SERVED COFFEE, JUICE, YOUGHURT AND WATER.. AT 10:30AM WE TOUCHED DOWN AT CASABLANCA, AND MOVED TO TRANSIT LOUNGE FOR THE 17HOURS.
WHILE WAITING FOR THE 17HOURS TO BE OVER, WE WERE AGAIN SERVED THE MOROCCOAN FOOD THAT I COULD NOT TELL HOW IT TASTED. IT WAS SERVED FOR LUNCH AND DINNER.. I MANAGED TO EAT THOUGH.
ON FRI.18TH AT EXACTLY 1AM, THE 17HOURS LAY OVER CAME TO AN END... AND WE WERE TRANSFERED FROM THE TERMINAL 1 OF THE AIRPORT TO WHERE WE TO CATCH THE FLIGHT... WE WERE CHECKED IN AGAIN... AND FIND OUR WAY TO THE BOEING 787-8 AIRCRAFT.. VERY LOVELY AIRCRAFT... WE TOOK OFF FROM CASABLANCA TO NEW YORK AT EXACTLY 04:30AM... I ENTERTAINED MYSELF WHILE ON BOARD.. WATCHED MOVIES AND LISTENED TO THE MUSIC OF MY CHOICE... AGAIN WE WERE SERVED THEIR SO CALLED FOOD (NIGERIANS CAN CALL IT 'EBO'). I SHA MANAGED TO EAT IT AGAIN. WE GOT JFK - NEW YORK AT EXACTLY 7:05AM(LOCAL TIME).. I STEPPED MY FEET ON AMERICAN SOIL FOR THE FIRST IN MY LIFE... IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDED TO THE CBP OFFICER FOR CLEARANCE.
HERE IS MY SHORT CHAT WITH HIM

CBP:GOOD MORNING
ME: I PASSED HIM MY DECLARATION FORM, PASSPORT AND I-20
CBP: CHECKED THEM, CAPTURED MY RIGHT FINGERS PRINT AND TOOK MY PHOTOGRAPH... STAMPED MY PASSPORT AND RETURN MY DOCS TO ME.

I WENT IN TO CLAIM MY LUGGAGES AND EXIT THE AIRPORT FOR MY DESTINATION.

AFTER THE WHOLE PROCESS I WELCOMED MYSELF TO AMERICA... GOD'S OWN COUNTRY.

am trying to picture ur face,did we watch the match together??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Anuoluwapo89:
Good VO, this the first time I would be talking because have been a silent follower who enjoy this platform a lot even tho I join not long ago.
I went for interview yesterday at Lagos was at window 7 And was refused the man ask why my sch which is Virginia international university fair fax I gave some reason and he said out of over 100 university in us why the sch I spoke he den refused me but now u have re apply and going next week and my sch is resuming on the 29th of this month what are my chances and what can I do to scale through this time pls God bless.

Lemme ask do you apply to VIU yourself or an agent did that for you?

Also are you going for undergraduate or graduate course ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:28am On Aug 20, 2016
mrsharpman:
Good morning everyone. I am new in this thread but have been following for like 3days now. I want to ask if schools in US don't accept IELTS. I have a 6.5 over all band dat ll expire DEC, 2017. Can I use it in place of TOEFL? Thank you for ur response

Most US schools accept Ielts for toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:29am On Aug 20, 2016
lekan96:
@walspring . Please help me with TOEFL materials. lekan_27@yahoo.com

Message sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:35am On Aug 20, 2016
elkiddo:
Hello everyone. This is a very informative thread and has opened my eyes to some things. pls if someone can help with materials for the new SAT I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Go to college board website to download or you go to yaba railway side or Ojuelegba and get a copy there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:35am On Aug 20, 2016
benjijosh:

Found this helpful, Thanks man

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36am On Aug 20, 2016
SAMUELS3:
Good day, Good people.

Is in-law (elder sister's husband) credible to VO to use as sponsor?

As long as you can explain to the VO why the person is your sponsor then it is credible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36am On Aug 20, 2016
surgeonheric:
hello I want to write TOEFL and I need someone to help me with the procces

www.ets.org/toefl and register then pay with paypal or you naira debit card

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:46am On Aug 20, 2016
KPhantom:
Hello please I need help. I went to an approved testing centre(Mikon institute in Benin) to make inquiries about SAT registration, and I was told that the registration plus study materials plus tutorials is N105k.. I shock.. i simply told them to give me the price for just the registration, i was told N55,500.I tried to tell them that the reg fee on the college board website is $45 without eassy+$35 add ons for non US residents, bringing the total cost for registration to $80 which is N28k In naira (N350/$), I even asked them if I can just register by myself online and choose their institute as my testing centre(it's the only approved centre in Benin) but they told me that it's not possible. That I must go through them. please i'll appreciate advice thanks.

Forget those people, go to college board website and register the test yourself with paypal or your naira debit card, but the exchange might not be $350 since its not stable but after making the payment you will know how much your bank charged you.

Also you dont need to go through them before writing the exam in their centre, don't let them deceive you..

It is possible to do it online yourself now and not like before because registration method has changed..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:52am On Aug 20, 2016
smithsydny:
Please pop am trying to book a hotel on booking.com I want to book on hold but it's telling me to put credit card to book on hold. If i put it now won't dey remove money from the account? Am trying to book it now.

You will be charged but the funds will be returned if you didn't show up.

Ebay did the same to me but i was charged $1, i dont even know if it was returned and when but my bank told me that after 30 days if ebay didn't ask for their money, the funds will be reversed back to my account..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:56am On Aug 20, 2016
Teeboy22:

Boss, what's up ,what's good

Longest time

Greetings to my brothers

Walspring, deetus, imperiouxx,

Bless

Yes big boss..

Hope you are good ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Chiznonso:
Pls When does the admission reply usually comes for Spring admission? I need the answer urgently please

It depend on schools..

Most schools attends to deferment first before new admission.

Most schools will start attending to applicants 2-3 weeks after resumption for previous semester.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:58am On Aug 20, 2016
surgeonheric:
please gurus in the house I try to search for cheap school in USA I hardly see it, can someone help me with the list of some cheap one

make use of www.usnews.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:06am On Aug 20, 2016
dickoflife:
ITIN costs 200 dollars and ready in 3 weeks. I been here for 2 months do the maths

Its not up to two months..

Try solve the maths again, maybe typo error

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:15am On Aug 20, 2016
dickoflife:
we left july na dis is august... isnt that 2 months?

If nah joke, abeg stop am..

Its not up to 2 months... if i am not wrong you left last week in july and we are about to approach last week in August..

Maybe you don approximate am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:16am On Aug 20, 2016
dickoflife:
oh my so sorry just checked it also. I think it was middle of july but dis is 18th of august abi thats still more than a month abi.. no worry jere i guess was just calculating july and august..

Correct!

Your head don boot now..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:16am On Aug 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Hehehe what kind of LIE IS THIS

ITIN is not for F1 Student .... grin . U are funny oo

Foreign students on F-1 are eligible to be employed in the United States, and are therefore eligible to apply for an SSN if they are actually employed in the United States..... so ITIN is only for people who cannot apply for or eligible for SSN. ....

2 months entry, so u are turning to pinky toes that you forget the 30 days rules so how can u have been there 2 months ago . When your previous post said you are a fall semester student

You never hear the new discovery that 1 day in Bubaland is calculated as 2 days in obamaland due to the change era

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:19am On Aug 20, 2016
Ruffy147:
Hello house..... Pls I need your advice... I did applied for student visa... Applications submitted on May 5 2016 and medical June 16. and I tracked my application last week and it says dispatched to Lagos and since then i haven't recieve any message from Lagos. The school I applied to will be resuming in 3 weeks time.

You posted this in a wrong thread.

I guess you wanted to post this in the Canadian thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Christian129:
Are you serious? What University is that? Admission for spring in August?

Sure it possible in some schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 1:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

As long as you can explain to the VO why the person is your sponsor then it is credible

Thanks baba, you too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:23am On Aug 20, 2016
tolanibb:
some people like to carry unnecessary wahala for head like gala sha.

abeg explain.... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:24am On Aug 20, 2016
gunther6:
I see dickoflife is the trending topic here, although I would be the first to correctly deduce dickoflife is an oaf he did not lie about being in the states. We left the same day and met at the boarding gate which was his last sane day I'm afraid. I don't know what he is or isn't lying about, been in the States isn't one of them @warriboy. And he probably isn't lying about the ITIN too at least in Maryland, anyone can apply to the office of the Maryland comptroller and get it in 3 weeks, I leave you to deduce why he needs ITIN.

NB: And please no one should mail me asking redundant and seriously offensive questions about my 'relationship' with purplesummer , it was and off-cuff joke, get over it and if you like her tell her or if you want to know ask her, I will not be replying such mails again.

No be small thing and nah wah...

It is well if our people are still doing this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:28am On Aug 20, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Thanks baba, you too much.

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:29am On Aug 20, 2016
Christian129:
off? Student dey get off? I smell...... grin

Smelling what

You dont know maybe the meaning is that he doesn't have class or lecture for that day..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:30am On Aug 20, 2016
tomisinobbm:

It's possible. A pal got his decision this month for spring.
But he was working towards fall, and told them to defer as he didn't want to rush things.

Sure its possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:31am On Aug 20, 2016
nellyalph:

I don't mean to support his claims but I think he meant "no school today"..

or no class or lecture for today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Flosslive:
My Visa was approved on Monday morning. After the first denial. I scheduled for August 8 I used the same old DS-160 and I was turned back. I believe everything works for a reason and God favored me after paying the third visa fee. Thank you to everyone that scolded me after my first interview. I went back did a research on the school and contacted @Lagosismyhome I forwarded my revised transcript and she was glad to effect some changes to it, after roasting me on the phone saying I bleeped up. Lol
But I didn't shy away from her scolding. Contacted walspring a day to my interview, baba ginger me gave me some hints also.
God bless everyone that have contributed to the thread.

No document was asked just my passport and I-20. Was interviewed by a young lady who had glasses on.

Me: Good morning
VO: {No response} Pass me your passport and I-20
VO: where are you going to in the US
Me: I'm going to the university of Maine, Orono.
V0: Who's paying for this ?
Me: My father
VO:What does he do
He is a medical doctor and the CEO of ......... Hospital.
VO: your dad owns a clinic?
Me: Yes, he owns a hospital.
VO: Where is the hospital located?
Me: ........ Lagos.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to two other schools,
Arkansas state Uni and the University of Kansas,
VO:Why did you choose this school?
Me:I chose the University of Maine becaause they offer undergraduate's mentorship research opportunities which was my basis for selecting an institution, As I would love to be a competent and practicing clinical laboratory scientist and medical technologist when I return to Nigeria. Also, Going through the Faculty Webpage of UMainle I found an undergraduate research opportunity in Dr. Francis Drummond research where volunteers are needed for modelling the population dynamics {VO looking at me surprised} of insects/pathogen and insect/predators.
VO: What year did you finish your diploma?
Me: I finished my first diploma in 2011.
VO: and the second?
Me: And my second diploma in 2014.
VO: What course did you study?
My first diploma was science laboratory technology and my second diploma Second was environmental health technology.
VO: Did you take any exam?
Me; yes, SAT and TOEFL
VO: when did you take the SAT test?
Me: January 23, this year
VO: what was your score?
Me: 1580
VO: why are you not doing medical technology here?
Me: The Nigeria school curriculum focuses more on the theoretical part and does not offer hands on research opportunities that gives detailed knowledge for my preferred course.
VO: what year did you Finish school?
Me: my high school?
VO: yes
Me: I finished in 2008
VO: it says here you have a diploma in science laboratory technology, does it mean they don't offer medical technology in Nigeria?
Me: There are schools that offer Medical Technology here, but the Nigeria school curriculum focuses more on the theoretical part and does not offer hands on research opportunities that gives detailed knowledge for my preferred course.
VO: What do you want to do after graduation?
ME: I will return home to my dad's hospital to utilize the knowledge and research skills i have acquired in the US. I aim to work very closely with him and contribute our quota to a healthier Nigeria.
VO: did you do Germs?
Me: yes
VO: when?
Me: in my first diploma
VO: your visa have been approved................

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

@Bold

I still remember analyzing something on that and what if VO ask about the two ND degree and why not the course for your UG

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:46am On Aug 20, 2016
nikiihardehx:
Hello everyone.... Pls I nid help, my interview is soon
1. I got accepted to a private college dat run associate, bsc degrees on trimester base. But I was accepted for 2years associate degree course in computer information systems (major is computer/information technology services administration nd management). After completion of the course I plan to proceed wif bsc.in information technology... Just gonna ve to do a year top up in d same skul.
*the question is how will I explain this to the v.o wen asked why am going for associate nt bsc wen d same skul run bsc programs
2. I graduated 2010, got into a private uni here but stopped due to d poor lectures and facilities, also did ijmb program, got admitted to a federal school here but for education course so I didn't go, also did computer training.
*the question is how do I explain to the v.o, and for my D's160, I only entered high school
Pls help me out with tips
3. I have a valid UK visa is it right to tell d v.o dat i will b visiting ma dad nd uncle in UK for like 3wiks before resuming skul in oct 1
4. My dad also have a valid b1/b2, he hasnt use it alt all, it will expire april nwztyear, is it safe to tell d v.o dat my dad might be going wif ma dad frm london
Pls help

Why 2 years with your profile because the energy, effort, resources that you used to apply and admitted for 2 years can be used to get admission for 4 years, because since 2010 till now is almost 6 years VO will be interested to know what you have been doing since then..

Make sure you try and give answers to what VO ask you and don't tell VO what he didn't ask, i.e if you are ask about US talk about US and not UK. Moreover if questions comes from that angle then you can answer it but if not i do not see a reason why you should talk about it.

If i am not wrong what you planned to tell VO like computer training is just 6 months out of 6 years, In your words you dropped out of private university and didn't attend the federal university, Don't you think that VO will reason the same that when you get there you will do the same since that was the trends you did here and there is probability that you will do the same.

You have work to do..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:48am On Aug 20, 2016
nikiihardehx:
Pls @just wise and others,
I have an expired UK visa, and a valid UK visa, but while filling my ds-160, there wasn't any question on it... Like. "Do you currently hold a visa or something" was thinking it's gonna be an added advantage......
Or is it wen am in for interview that the v.o will look up ma profile..... Just curious....

But you are asked if you have travel to any country before in you ds160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Christian129:
Hi all. Abeg can someone apply to two different schools in the same city. For example, University of California and California State University. Abeg, won't those send a wrong message to those guys at the embassy..

Sure it will send a message that you have someone there and you might end up not going to school and stay with the person in CA

But you need to prove and convince the VO why the two schools are in CA only
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 4:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

Correct!

Your head don boot now..
lol. My bad... i have accepted my mistake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 4:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Christian129:
off? Student dey get off? I smell...... grin
lol guy use 1+1 na.... if i say off what does that connote?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.