Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (30783 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ZUBY77(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Tell me what its about then.

Google is your friend.
I don't like engaging in religious arguments with minds that has been programmed with one book or another.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by timpaker(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
plaetton:

Poetry that only exalts a religious belief is far from being poetry.
Real poetry is rich in free expression, not restricted to religious praise or exaltation of doctrines.

To prove my point, kindly name one female Islamic poet that you know or have heard of.

Even the so-called Islamic art is completely devoid of life and soul.
How could it, when Islam is aversive to love, merriment and joy ?

[b]That's not true.
The female poets may not be that popular like the men, but there are quite a number of them. At least I have about 3 of them as friends on the most popular social media hub. But we are talking about poetry in Islam and not Islamic female poets.

Just incase you're not satisfied with what I am saying and would want to argue further, here is a piece of poem by a Muslim lady, her name is Jenne Zaghloul (a Convert) and her poem is tagged "I am a Muslim Woman"

I am a Muslim woman
Feel free to ask me why
When I walk,
I walk with dignity
When I speak
I do not lie

I am a Muslim woman
Not all of me you'll see
But what you should appreciate
Is that the choice I make is free

I'm not plagued with depression
I'm neither cheated nor abused
I don't envy other women
And I'm certainly not confused

Note, I speak perfect English
Et un petit peu de Francais aussi
I'm majoring in Linguistics
So you need not speak slowly

I run my own small business
Every cent I earn is mine
I drive my Chevy to school & work
And no, that's not a crime!

You often stare as I walk by
You don't understand my veil
But peace and power I have found
As I am equal to any male!

I am a Muslim woman
So please don't pity me
For God has guided me to truth
And now I'm finally free!

There are countless of them, just because you don't know one does not mean they don't exist.

Even little Malana (I hope she forgives me for calling her that) writes and speak poetry (though I can't find any now, not as if all poetry are written).

Lastly, the religion is not aversive, just that they are mostly conservative. Permit me to ask, have you listened to there songs or you are just basking on your perception about them?

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
ZUBY77:

Google is your friend.
I don't like engaging in religious arguments with minds that has been programmed with one book or another.
Lol. Let's be realistic. Who's programmed here. The person who thinks people must be theist to question atheist logic or the one questions it? Be frank, bro.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
timpaker:

[b]That's not true.
The female poets may not be that popular like the men, but there are quite a number of them. At least I have about 3 of them as friends on the most popular social media hub. But we are talking about poetry in Islam and not Islamic female poets.

Just incase you're not satisfied with what I am saying and would want to argue further, here is a piece of poem by a Muslim lady, her name is Jenne Zaghloul (a Convert) and her poem is tagged "I am a Muslim Woman"

I am a Muslim woman
Feel free to ask me why
When I walk,
I walk with dignity
When I speak
I do not lie

I am a Muslim woman
Not all of me you'll see
But what you should appreciate
Is that the choice I make is free

I'm not plagued with depression
I'm neither cheated nor abused
I don't envy other women
And I'm certainly not confused

Note, I speak perfect English
Et un petit peu de Francais aussi
I'm majoring in Linguistics
So you need not speak slowly

I run my own small business
Every cent I earn is mine
I drive my Chevy to school & work
And no, that's not a crime!

You often stare as I walk by
You don't understand my veil
But peace and power I have found
As I am equal to any male!

I am a Muslim woman
So please don't pity me
For God has guided me to truth
And now I'm finally free!

There are countless of them, just because you don't know one does not mean they don't exist.

Even little Malana (I hope she forgives me for calling her that) writes and speak poetry (though I can't find any now, not as if all poetry are written).

Lastly, the religion is not aversive, just that they are mostly conservative. Permit me to ask, have you listened to there songs or you are just basking on your perception about them?

[/b]
All respect to you and the poet but the only attribute of poetry in the above poem is line.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by maclatunji: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
ireneony2:
i never wanted to comment but i ve to.

Like seriously...someone being an atheist does not mean he lacks moral upbringing thou grin

Your comment is the worst post on this thread.

Actually, my post is based on the premise of Seun's assertion that religious rules make people unhappy. I just expanded his principle for him in a way he will understand.

The standards that religion sets is for the adherents to determine if they want to abide by not a certain person called Seun to tell us whether or not it makes us happy.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
ZUBY77:

Google is your friend.

Sshh ... Im 99.8 percent sure he has read more books than you tongue
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
ireneony2:
i never wanted to comment but i ve to.

Like seriously...someone being an atheist does not mean he lacks moral upbringing thou grin

Your comment is the worst post on this thread.

Every atheist who was once a Christian got his morals from Christianity .

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
The logic of some atheist. Once you question the very foundation of their 'faith' you become a theist. Why are you an atheist?
Because I don't believe in God.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

Nice. That means you are sure that gods do not exist?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Then you've either completely closed your mind to the points put forth by atheists (like many theists automatically do) or you're deluding yourself.

No offense, but I genuinely fail to see how any reasonable person who has processed & understood atheist arguments can make this claim.

Baby girl , logical arguments don't come from misconceptions or conjectures . Reyginus is right , I've never seen a logical reason for atheism .

"if" , "assuming" , "suppose" only lead to false conclusions - there is nothing logical about a false conclusions

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

lack of belief in God =! God does not exist

Let that sink in

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ZUBY77(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sshh ... Im 99.8 percent sure he has read more books than you tongue

You are sure?
Have we met?
Have we ever discussed about books we read?
So how exactly do you know who has read more books between us?

Well, have a good evening.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
Acidosis:

I can see you know NOTHING about your HISTORY. This English you're typing everywhere on Nairaland, who gave it to you?

Let me remind you, your forefathers were murderers, they kill to worship OGUN, OSUN, OYA, SAPONNA, AHMADIOHA, etc. They know nothing about Education, they speak only in Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, etc. They enslave the weak, kill, and bury the innocent at will in the name of ORO, Abobaku, etc. That's the reason people are called with generational names like Ogunyomi, Fagbemi (IFA), Ogungbemi, etc.

The whites came (all thanks to their bravery), and they gave you education and religion with sanity, moral and decency. They gave your forefathers reason its bad to kill twins, albinos, etc.

They weren't just whites, but RELIGIOUS fanatics and missionaries. Now before you brag about education, Harvard University was created in 1636. University of Ibadan being the 1st in the history of Nigeria (right?) was created around 194*? Do you know what that means, Nigeria only had a university 300 years after UK citizens got theirs.

They didn't leave the shores of their country to give you only education by the way, but quality education enshrined with the belief in a supreme being.

I'll reiterate this again, religion (especially Christianity) is the least of Nigeria's problem. Our problem has nothing to do with a belief in God, but individual literate level, understanding and capacity to make things happen.

Again, we shouldn't brag too much about this education as though we built it. No! It was delivered to us ALONGSIDE Christianity. How can you then blame Christianity for the failure of Education? Why can't Education take its own blame independent of Christianity. Didn't they arrive at the same time?

Christianity as a religion is making impact! People don't patronize idols that encourage shedding of blood (Ogun), barbaric laws that were hitherto considered abominable (e.g. allowing twins the right to life) have become history. The belief that widows should be severely punished for their husband's death as previously practiced in IMO state and others have been wiped out through the instrumentality of Churches, etc.

Finally, the fact that people do wrong, does not nullify the existence of good people. Whether we like it or not, some pastors and churches will fail to abide with the true calling. Their failures will never change the existence of GOD. People like you and others who look up to pastors to define Christianity will always find faults.

I know GOD personally, and frankly speaking, if Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Kumuyi deny God today, I Acidosis WILL NOT.

If Bishop Oyedepo commits a sin today, people like you would take to the Internet to give us 1000 reasons Christianity is fraud. You forgot that some of us know God personally. Why should we deny what we know?

Stop looking up to Pastors, seek God personally and you will find HIM.

One love bro.

And you claim to be educated?

It was at the emboldened I stopped reading your tripe.

For you, the History of your people sarted with the advent of the colonialist and life became better for you with the European incursion.

Many of us know, prior to the period of renaissance, scientific revolution and industrial revolution on Europe - there were no 'universities' or any social or political or economic progress. When Europe began to question religion & shed religion then it began to grow astronomically in all spheres.

Europe had long dropped religion from the top of its head to the sole of its feet before bringing it to you in Africa.

They gave you:

I. Religion to distort your mind & whip you in line. A foreign religion that condemns the ways of its adoptors not onl creates dividion amongs them but create a personal conflict of self hate where we see anything natural to us prior to foreign religion as an abomination.

II Education to further help you think in line of how they want you to not how you want to. European education do not necessarily add value to Africans; look at languages fast dying & look at supposed science graduates who have, after 50 years of university presence, are unable to invent anything but wait on Europe. Why? It is an European education designed along the lines of European language(s) which makes for easier understanding for them but creates confusion & struggle for those here. Ever wondered why Japa n & China took the system and flipped it in their respective languages?

The two factors above are tools of conditioning. Rather than give Africa a level of renaissance they had considering the many developments (poiticsl., economic & social) in Africa already, they set us backto their own pre-renaissance years --- lookat Africa in shambles.

As for deityworship & killings, you may want to flip through earpy European history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
ZUBY77:

You are sure?
Have we met?

that's why I left 0.2 percent for the uncertainty wink
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
9jacrip:

And you claim to be educated?

It was at the emboldened I stopped reading your tripe.

For you, the History of your people sarted with the advent of the colonialist and life became better for you with the European incursion.

Many of us know, prior to the period of renaissance, scientific revolution and industrial revolution on Europe - there were no 'universities' or any social or political or economic progress. When Europe began to question religion & shed religion then it began to grow astronomically in all spheres.

Europe had long dropped religion from the top of its head to the sole of its feet before bringing it to you in Africa.

They gave you:

I. Religion to distort your mind & whip you in line. A foreign religion that condemns the ways of its adoptors not onl creates dividion amongs them but create a personal conflict of self hate where we see anything natural to us prior to foreign religion as an abomination.

II Education to further help you think in line of how they want you to not how you want to. European education do not necessarily add value to Africans; look at languages fast dying & look at supposed science graduates who have, after 50 years of university presence, are unable to invent anything but wait on Europe. Why? It is an European education designed along the lines of European language(s) which makes for easier understanding for them but creates confusion & struggle for those here. Ever wondered why Japa n & China took the system and flipped it in their respective languages?

The two factors above are tools of conditioning. Rather than give Africa a level of renaissance they had considering the many developments (poiticsl., economic & social) in Africa already, they set us backto their own pre-renaissance years --- lookat Africa in shambles.

As for deityworship & killings, you may want to flip through earpy European history.

This is the most ignorant comment I've read this year well after JackBizzle's opinion on communism . You need to take serious history classes . Apparently you regurgitated this from an atheist website .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Every atheist who was once a Christian got his morals from Christianity .
flawed bro.

Most Christians are not morally upright. .bruh grin
the nicest person i know is not a Christian.

Morality and religion are two different thing.

Christians, Muslims, jews are outspoken. Pls allow atheist to voice her opinion. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by obinoral1179(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
ZUBY77:

You are sure?
Have we met?

boss some people don't deserve your reply.... NL has been taking over by kids. Responding is like wasting your time. Have a nice day sir.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
ireneony2:
flawed bro.

Most Christians are not morally upright. .bruh grin
the nicest person i know is not a Christian.

People can be very nice to anyone for different reasons . Only a true christian can be munificent for the right reasons .

Morality and religion are two different thing.

God is the source of morality , without God everything is permitted

Christians, Muslims, jews are outspoken. Pls allow atheist to voice her opinion. smiley

A rabid atheist is worse than a fanatical religious person . History does not lie

Atheism is falsehood - promulgating lies can be very deleterious to the society . Just like the young man I reprimanded for his lies . Imagine if he starts spreading such to his milieu and then the society at large .Think about it .

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
obinoral1179:
boss some people don't deserve your reply.... NL has been taking over by kids. Responding is like wasting your time. Have a nice day sir.

Take a look at your mature signature grin
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by 1o1o1o1: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
naijababe:
The problem that I have with atheists in general is not their lack of belief in God but in the unfortunate view that my choice to be a person of faith is based on nothing less than reason just as their lack of belief is based on same. I respect their choice and expect and demand the same of them. This whole idea that you have a superior reasoning or intellect just because you an atheist is not only arrogant but extremely dangerous.

Nigerians and bandwagons. Seems atheism is the new wagon in town.
The most irritating thing about atheists is the sheer arrogance. If they are way smart than us why don't they prove to us that there is no God, instead of asking us to prove that there is a God.
Or atleast they should go and invent a new drug or technology or something to help humanity instead of parading around like the greatest minds around.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by JackBizzle: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is the most ignorant comment I've read this year well after JackBizzle's opinion on communism . You need to take serious history classes . Apparently you regurgitated this from an atheist website .

You are a local embarrassment that still denies that christianity was brought to Nigeria through our colonial slavemasters- the British.

The very british that have thrown most of their christianity in the dustbin

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

You are a local embarrassment that still denies that christianity was brought to Nigeria through our colonial slavemasters- the British.

The very british that have thrown most of their christianity in the dustbin

Ignorance ! Christianity was brought to Nigeria by the Portuguese not the British . The Britons only took part in slave trade for 300 years - this ended in the 1700s . They became fully involved with Nigeria from the 19th century .

Do you know that Africans enslaved the Europeans too during the Barbary Slave trade ?

Britain has been with Christianity for close to 2,000 years and only became arguably non religious in 2016 . This means that deists are preponderant in Britain . Only 7 - 10 percent of Europe's population are atheists .

Let this sink in . Take your time
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lack of belief in God =! God does not exist

Let that sink in
Did I say God does not exist? I only said I don't believe in God. Which means I am not claiming to be right.

And also belief in God=! God exist.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Loooooool!

Regurgitated?

cheesy

Some of us have degrees in History you know. History writing is actually a job for some of us..

And I'm no Atheist, I am an Olorisa who believes in God.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Nice. That means you are sure that gods do not exist?
This is ridiculous. I said I don't believe in God. I did not say I am certain that he does not exist.

Am an agnostic atheist which means I don't believe in God but am not claiming to be 100% unlike some theist

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is ridiculous. I said I don't believe in God. I did not say I am certain that he does not exist.

Am an agnostic atheist which means I don't believe in God but am not claiming to be 100% unlike some theist
I don't understand. How can one believe that the believe there's God is false but still say she's not sure there's no God?

Or isn't this the definition of atheism according to Wikipedia correct?

'Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist'

How can one reject the existence of a statement that something exists but still say that he's not sure of what he's saying? Isn't that a logical contradiction?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by cloudgoddess(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I think Atheism is a close minded position and shouldn't talk about open mindedness. The atheist is just like the Theist who has formed ideas without concrete evidence.
What is close minded about "show me evidence, and then I will believe, otherwise there is no good reason to"?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
9jacrip:

Loooooool!

Regurgitated?

cheesy

Some of us have degrees in History you know. History writing is actually a job for some of us..

And I'm no Atheist, I am an Olorisa who believes in God.

Lol grin

I usually take my time to refute with facts but his post was suffused with so much lies , logical fallacies and ignorance that I didn't bother rebutting it . Why would someone lie just to besmirch Christianity . Why ? Why do these atheists lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
cloudgoddess:

What is close minded about "show me evidence, and then I will believe, otherwise there is no good reason to"?

Errrm .

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by obinoral1179(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Take a look at your mature signature grin
. All you could. do judge me with is my signature? I laugh in swahili..... Its show the level of your thinking....
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
naijababe:

This thread should moved to the jokes section, it is one thing to say you are an atheist but quite another to state personal opinions as facts. I gave up yesterday after I read here that Buddhism and Shointoism aren't religions just because someone thinks so.
Scandinavian nations aren't largely Lutherans because they just merely check the Lutheran box in surveys.

If a fact does not suit my premise, the fact must be incorrect, how very logical indeed.

Remain blessed . 100 percent .

Atheistic logic :

I dont understand a particular bible verse therefore it is illogical

I dont understand various concepts in Christianity therefore they are irrational

The best part ...

I'm replete with 'logic and reason' because I am an atheist
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ZUBY77(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

that's why I left 0.2 percent for the uncertainty wink

Just like seun said, some degrees of aggression is required to nudge some of you back to reality. Unfortunately, that would have to be done offline to maintain the rules of this website.
But know this, you will soon switch to a different username just to listen to what I have to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / Grail Message Or Grail Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.