Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN (32927 Views)

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) / 7 Latest Fashions That Christian Ladies Should Stay Away From / Christians, Stay Away From The Planned Protests & Pray For Nigeria - Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by udoh2k: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2016
May be its time Nigeria officially differentiate middle belt from north. The CAN presido b4 Ayo was Kogi...North central. Ayo from SS. This new man I think SW. Even if they want to zone like pdp , they shd be united. Ayo was more outspoken against BH than ...

ECWA shd not see it self as a northern church. They shd spread across Nigeria and beyond; there is no geographic divide in xtianity.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Caleycash(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Nigeria is full of double standard stupid Idiots, all of you here supporting the breakout are all hypocritical bigots and stupiid... you support this shame to Christendom and your Zoo country (Nigeria) but you can't support people who just want nothing but a sovereign nation (BIAFRA) of there own, you hypocritical setbacks be ready to face repercussions of what you support!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by wirinet(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2016
ndcide:

Look Bro, those of us who know, know that pastor Ayo remains the best CAN President of resent times.

Pastor Ayo was not playing games with the issues of boko haram with those who politicized it to fight GEJ. Recall he address the sultan directly on the why they are not speaking against boko haram.

Those of you who "know that pastor Ayo remains the best CAN President of resent times. " also know that Jonathan was the best president in the history of Nigeria, right?

Pastor Ago was not playing politics? So why did the Catholic Church withdraw from CAN in 2013 under his leadership?
Read the link below;
Why we pulled out of CAN — Catholic bishops
The Christian Association of Nigerian, CAN, an umbrella body for the country’s teeming Christians, descended into full-blown crisis Wednesday with the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria making public its decision to pull out of the fold over the way the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led executive is running the association.
The Catholic bishop’s action is perhaps the first time in the association’s 37-year history that any of its five blocs would pull out over alleged poor leadership and politicization of the association.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116774-why-we-pulled-out-of-can-catholic-bishops.html
So what did pastor Ayo led can do for northern Christians during the difficult boko haram days? What assistance or programs did he bring to alleviate the sufferings of northern Christians? He was more concerned about northern Muslims leaders speaking out. How is northern leaders speaking out against book haram going to help northern Christians when the same northern leaders and Muslims in general are being attacked and killed by Book Haram?
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2016
sinkhole:
This reminds me of what happened in my locality in Jos. There is this ECWA church there and they have both Hausa and English section, but the Hausa section is actually dominated by the Miango tribe of Plateau state. So, one day, the Miangos told everybody that the church belongs to them and hence they will be the sole rule/law maker of the church and whoever is not happy with that can clear grin The English section started worshiping outside the church compound after that and of course, some people left the church!
That ECWA,I have been meaning to ask, I only knew about it when I went to serve in jos, how come they are only in the north?

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by udoh2k: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2016
tete7000:

Jesus didn't promise you that. If in doubt, read this:

Gospel Luke 12:49-53 ©
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I have
come to bring fire to the earth, and
how I wish it were blazing already!
There is a baptism I must still
receive, and how great is my
distress till it is over!
‘Do you suppose that I am here
to bring peace on earth? No, I tell
you, but rather division. For from
now on a household of five will be
divided: three against two and two
against three; the father divided
against the son, son against father,
mother against daughter, daughter
against mother, mother-in-law
against daughter-in-law, daughter-
in-law against mother-in

This is a misinterpretation. Jesus was talking abt family members that will be divided between Christian religion and non-christian religion. Christians are to be united. He said *that they all may be one.* One Shepherd, one fold!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by mastermaestro(m): 7:55am On Aug 15, 2016
[s][/s]
Caseless:
just shut up! How many times have notherners held the leadership of CAN since its creation?
[s][/s]

I know you Muslims will grieve more than anyone else. Face your pissful religion. undecided

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by udoh2k: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2016
tete7000:

Jesus didn't promise you that. If in doubt, read this:

Gospel Luke 12:49-53 ©
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I have
come to bring fire to the earth, and
how I wish it were blazing already!
There is a baptism I must still
receive, and how great is my
distress till it is over!
‘Do you suppose that I am here
to bring peace on earth? No, I tell
you, but rather division. For from
now on a household of five will be
divided: three against two and two
against three; the father divided
against the son, son against father,
mother against daughter, daughter
against mother, mother-in-law
against daughter-in-law, daughter-
in-law against mother-in

This is a misinterpretation. Jesus was talking. abt family members that will be divided between Christian religion and non-christian religion. Christians are to be united. He said *that they all may be one.* One Shepherd, one fold!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Caleycash(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
oweman:

You forgot to add militants[

How about biafrogs they too should break into 2 !!!!
Your Family and your Generation will break into millions, Stupid fucck!!!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by sinkhole: 8:02am On Aug 15, 2016
2dugged:
That ECWA,I have been meaning to ask, I only knew about it when I went to serve in jos, how come they are only in the north?
I no dey worship there o grin
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 15, 2016
sinkhole:
ok,I was only wondering, saw big structures and I know finance wasn't a restrain, they just choose not to
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by eROCK247(m): 8:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Wen d north seeks independence, they r swift and decisive. But wen d south tries to attain d same, they r loud and divisive! Y nt save everyone d stress and at least institute a confederal system? That way we'll still be one Nigeria but every region will have absolute control over their 'destiny'!
mastermaestro:
Gullible southerners will run along with this poo, not thinking critically as usual. For once I will have to say this. Why do the northerners believe that they are the most pious trustworthy people fit for leadership in this country? Are they born to rule this country all round? For the pliable folks down south, Northerners are as depraved if not more than their southern partners.

Well it's good for them. They can now bear their own cross in their bloodletting region. I hope Nigeria is not gradually coming to an end. undecided
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by jamislaw(m): 8:24am On Aug 15, 2016
ndcide:

Guy open your mind. You cannot be subject to that level of thinking and still choose to remain that way.

I think the problem you may have is him owning a private jet and nothing more. It's understandable because when Idahosa bought a motorcycle those days people attacked him. When my uncle bought Peugeot 404 saloon car, it was still the same hate.

Ayo had a plane and leased it to cover his maintenance and parking cost. It is being handled by an aviation company.

They have been using the plan for chattered flight before then and they still use it up till now. Even if you want to use that plane today, you can pay for it and use.

The plane was used for the wedding of a son of a big transport company owner in this country . So what are you talking about?

Okay, they stopped the plane in SA, they called Pastor Ayo, he claimed it's his plane. He didn't deny it and they let it go. While the money was taken.

How on earth did pastor Ayo go wrong.

I know pastor Ayo, and the man really worked. He was always in Jos because of the killings. He spent and was spent for CAN.

Those who hate him do so because he stood by GEJ against all odds. They are both from the same area and he knew GEJ was being bullied.

Abeg no sentiments.
who was the owner of the arm? simple question
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by obc: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2016
Good News! This is a proof that we are not one. One Nigeria is a total scam. Please they should also secede from Nigeria or let Biafra Nation emerge. The story of a catholic priest in Kaduna being accused of having two kids secretly is a total disgrace to Catholic faithfuls. Please let them go.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity can never bring unity
But Christianity is the only way for unity. Don't be confused!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ndcide(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2016
wirinet:

Those of you who "know that pastor Ayo remains the best CAN President of resent times. " also know that Jonathan was the best president in the history of Nigeria, right?

Pastor Ago was not playing politics? So why did the Catholic Church withdraw from CAN in 2013 under his leadership?
Read the link below;

So what did pastor Ayo led can do for northern Christians during the difficult boko haram days? What assistance or programs did he bring to alleviate the sufferings of northern Christians? He was more concerned about northern Muslims leaders speaking out. How is northern leaders speaking out against book haram going to help northern Christians when the same northern leaders and Muslims in general are being attacked and killed by Book Haram?

Maybe you should tell me what you know and stop being emotional.

You should tell me why they were bombing churches and and killing people in church holding vigil.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Johnpaul1099: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2016
emeijeh:
It doesn't even make sense. Why breakaway? What happened to we are one body in Christ?

Some will be the legs, some will be the arms etc.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by tete7000(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2016
udoh2k:

This is a misinterpretation. Jesus was talking. abt family members that will be divided between Christian religion and non-christian religion. Christians are to be united. He said *that they all may be one.* One Shepherd, one fold!

It extends beyond biological family. In any type of human gathering where people are on different side of the divide - truth and falsehood, there won't be peace as truth is opposed to falsehood. What we have within the christian family is that many who parade themselves as agents of truth are actually agents of lies, confusion and falsehood. If that's the case, I don't see how unity can be forged within people with discordant tones.
Proliferation of christian sects in itself is already a manifestation of the fact that people have different ideas of what God's truth really is. What is unity when deeper life believes that catholics will go to hell - Kumuyi told the world we don't celebrate christmas because it is a pagan worship, when mfm will rather have nothing to do with anglicans as regards worship, etc. If we all have to remain one we probably would have been under the same denominational umbrella. Association like CAN are just political movement formed to counter threat posed to Christianity by our common enemies. Of course where people of different ideologies or beliefs are united for the purpose of protecting themselves against common enemy, once they recoil to their tent and common enemy is gone, cold war develops and their differences are amplified. Sadly that's what we see in CAN. Jesus 'prayed' that they may be one as him and the father are one - spiritual unity more than one borne out of political expediency. He prayed that they may all come to his side of truth. He told Pilate 'Those on the side of the truth hear my voice'. If people share the same spirit, they won't find it difficult to unite. Politics of CAN is secular rather than spiritual. Maybe one day when islam or some other movements seriously threaten our common existence CAN will be able to galvanise itself together again.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Triple333: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2016
One nig is falling fast indeed! To God be the glory!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by heysquare(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2016
CAN has become PDP tool to win election. oritshajafor utilised his power as d president to campaign for Jonathan re-election forgotten that God select whom he likes. since dey want d power back come 2019 and they need massive support from south west he gave d CAN president to a southwestner christian same reason PDP chairmanship is bn zoned to southwest. PDP and their sympathisers would b disgrace come 2019 God's willing for what they've caused in d land and for corrupting Christian's body by dragging d leaders into dirty politics. South West christians and muslims has been leaving peacefully since, until Jonathan re-election campaign period. some nairalanders wud even b referring those voted for Buhari as Yoruba muslims as if no christians voted for Buhari. We youth of this nation need to stop any form of hypocritism racing in ds nation for d growth of our country. if we cud blame Lord Lagarde, blame Obasanjo or any of our past leader how much more Jonathan dat just left yesterday! those blaming Buhari now r just doing that in a hurry or out of hatred because he s not done yet wt hs tenure. lets pray for ds nation, lets support ds govt to succeed to av nigeria of our dream because ds may ds last chance to turn around our nation and if he fails, we all fail same way PDP wud fail anytime dey come again.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by peteradamu: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2016
WHAT A SHAME! IN CHRIST KINGDOM
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by skydeexie(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2016
sinkhole:

Yet you are reporting a one-sided story. Get the facts of the matter before you rush to write.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ndcide(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2016
jamislaw:
who was the owner of the arm? simple question

No, it's a lame question.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by jamislaw(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2016
ndcide:

No, it's a lame question.
stop defending something you know nothing about.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ndcide(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2016
jamislaw:
stop defending something you know nothing about.

I've told you what I know and it's the truth. You that know so well you are free to talk but make sure it's the truth.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Cekpo34(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
Suprnov3r:
This is really bad

This is what happened in TURKEY before the Ottomans wiped out Christianity there and changed Constantinople to Istanbul

Since they can use CAN for their means, they will seek to divide it. Pa Ayo was very vocal with the boko haram menace. He had been in the cross hairs of these northern elements for letting the world know that it is the same spirit at work in ISIS that is in Boko haram

Why not simply make your point without distorting history? The character and nature of Christianity in Constantinople had nothing to do with the violent Muslim marauding of the city...
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Suprnov3r:
This is really bad

This is what happened in TURKEY before the Ottomans wiped out Christianity there and changed Constantinople to Istanbul

Since they can use CAN for their means, they will seek to divide it. Pa Ayo was very vocal with the boko haram menace. He had been in the cross hairs of these northern elements for letting the world know that it is the same spirit at work in ISIS that is in Boko haram
nonsense why are u being hypocritical? U sound like it is the Muslims that are behind this. The new faction just stated why they are leaving and yet u want to give it another coloration. U are evil.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by sinkhole: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
skydeexie:

Yet you are reporting a one-sided story. Get the facts of the matter before you rush to write.
I was reliably informed by the member of the church!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by omojeesu(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
THEY ARE POLITICIANS NOT DISCIPLES OF JESUS.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by omojeesu(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2016
udoh2k:

They are either ignorant or just mischievous.

The entire CAN is a politico-religious association not representative of Christ on earth. Such organization can only do more harm than good to the cause of Jesus Christ.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by gemale(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
CAN is just d cover name 4 d gathering of pple masking as MOG 2 arrange their stomach infrastructure. No wonder allegations of corruption, ethnicity & oda vices abound dere. Nw dt their grand patron oga jona can no more dole out cash 2 dem, dey hv started fighting & separating. I nw c y my church (Catholic) left dem a while ago.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by stroller2: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
What happened to turning the other cheek?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder / House Of David Loses Multi-million Naira Lagos Church To Fire / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.