Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? (11299 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Mad At Me / When A Man Asks A Girl If She Ever Had Sex With Her Ex-boyfriend? / What Will You Answer You Wife/girl If She Asked You This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by henrybomb(m): 12:10am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
But what if she is not very beautiful kwa? will bleaching be ok?
bleaching is irritating but most gals dont know..coke and fanta skin
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 12:10am On Aug 16, 2016
henrybomb:
bleaching doesnt make u beautiful
So it makes you uglier?
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 12:12am On Aug 16, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
*SIGH*
No, they dont .
They're just sooo loud they give the illusion of being many
Winning? Ms.Nairaland wad a dark skin woman .
And her 2 runners ups?.... Dark skin
Did you follow the contest see how the makes on her raved on those DARK skin women?
No,I'm sure if you viewed with clear eyes you wouldn't have asked me that question 1st question.
Yer 9ja most all yer ads are dark girls.
I've seen them up above or down below on this very form
But again you didn't note this did you?...NO.
I am Finished with this back and forwards .
You are set absolutely set on seeing this the way You've decided they are inseat of what's before yer eyes.
.......Bye-bye wink
Oh now i see your confusion. You are not a Nigerian
Why did i waste my time arguing with you sef.

Oya bye bye.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 12:14am On Aug 16, 2016
nuelzz04:
I v seen fair unbeautiful pple o.....d worst one is coke n fanta kind of fair grin
Hmmm o your eyes have seen things
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by henrybomb(m): 12:14am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
So it makes you uglier?
I don't av issues with gals dat are light skin naturally but u r dark and u decide to bleach..does dat mean guys will be drooling after her?
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Princejboy(m): 12:15am On Aug 16, 2016
y on earth wld she want to bleach cool
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2016
henrybomb:
I don't av issues with gals dat are light skin naturally but u r dark and u decide to bleach..does dat mean guys will be drooling after her?
yes na. It means more guys. Bigger runs, for runs girls. Increase in self confidence
But i notice only guys that behave mumuish drool
And the mumu guys outnumber the correct guys
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by nuelzz04(m): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Hmmm o your eyes have seen things
yes o.....I concur [color=#990000][/color] wink
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Oahray: 12:18am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Do you need an estimate to know dark skin is condemned in all parts of Nigeria? From the north to south, God help you if you are ugly and dark on top. Nobody remembers black is beautiful
But people dont even chant fair is beautiful because deep within them they dont think its necessary to. But thats a distorted mindset.

People may not openly condemn dark skin but if they bleach and give all honour and glory to fair skin, it means they have done that in their hearts
I don't do emotional arguments jor. I know why I asked her for a number estimate. Most times we confuse frequency with population. If one hears something frequently, it doesn't necessarily mean the people saying it are by far the majority. Anyway, dark skin isn't condemned where I come from. I have some really dark relatives and they haven't gone bleaching/toning their skins either.

The Black is Beautiful chant didn't originate in Nigeria, so don't expect a fair-is-beautiful equivalent. It has its roots in anti-racism campaigns.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Oh now i see your confusion. You are not a Nigerian
Why did i waste my time arguing with you sef.

Oya bye bye.
No no. I know of the bleaching epidemic
And the light vs dark skin women is a trail in every Aro/Black group,nationailty notwithstanding.
Just know everbody not even most body's think that way.
Chica you grab??
I hope so because, I REALLY have ta go now grin Bye
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by henrybomb(m): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
So it makes you uglier?
LoveMe4real:
yes na. It means more guys. Bigger runs, for runs girls. Increase in self confidence
oh really...lol does dat mean u support bleaching
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by henrybomb(m): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
its just dat dis days most gals r just too conscious of deir skin...I actually left a gal cos of dis bleaching issue
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 16, 2016
Wetin concern me? If u like enter inside a drum filled with boiling oil and stay there for hours.
Ntchew.....u no know say BLACK IS BEAUTY b4?
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Oahray: 12:35am On Aug 16, 2016
Beamborla:

You got it all wrong.

This is way different from your interpretation.
The point is, a dark skinned lady often come second to a fair skinned lady. While a fair skin could earn a pass mark even if the lady is facially plain, it's not so far a dark skinned lady... Comments like 'she no fine but I like her dark skin is hard to come by'
You know why I asked for an estimate? To show you that the 'few' and 'majority' you've been talking about is an offshoot of limited experiences.

Do you know that some persons on this NL call some light-skinned persons albinos? Do you think that's a compliment? If you doubt me, run a Nairaland search on albino. Some others accuse anyone that's very light-skinned of being a "low-esteem bleacher". Yet when one tries to remember persons obsessed with skin colour, it's easy to mention Mr Cork as anti-darkskin. Why? He's louder than most.

What's more, when something touches us personally it's easier to notice and remember it. I guess you've gotten negative vibes about your complexion and you think light-skinned persons are always on the greener side of the comments fence.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
No no. I know of the bleaching epidemic
And the light vs dark skin women is a trail in every Aro/Black group,nationailty notwithstanding.
Just know everbody not even most body's think that way.
Chica you grab??
I hope so because, I REALLY have ta go now grin Bye
hmmm ok i hear you miss.
What's chica o hehehe
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Maxcollins042(m): 12:39am On Aug 16, 2016
She dare not bleach. She has a nice complexion. By the way,I like ebony girls.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Lastking147(m): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2016
I'd be damned
I mean why would she?
I believe she's hot tongue
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Owoplenty(m): 1:00am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
so why do black boys and girls bleach?
inferiority complex could be the only rationale behind it
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by pbs4real(m): 3:38am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Who is responsible for that? oyibos?
too much questions undecided
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by bayoojo68: 3:59am On Aug 16, 2016
That would be the height of it , if she does.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Lovelynature(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Lol na you sabi o
Hey dear. Is that your final answer? Wait oo. These could be us you know

Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2016
pbs4real:
too much questions undecided
good morning
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2016
Lastking147:
I'd be damned
I mean why would she?
I believe she's hot tongue
good morning. But if she is not hot nko? will you still praise her complexion? Will the average naija say nice things about her dark skin? talk true o
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2016
henrybomb:
its just dat dis days most gals r just too conscious of deir skin...I actually left a gal cos of dis bleaching issue
Dear who is making them conscious of their skin. Animals and trees?
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Lastking147(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
good morning. But if she is not hot nko? will you still praise her complexion? Will the average naija say nice things about her dark skin? talk true o
Why nat? I'd praise her complexion a thousand times
Its beta than those girls bleaching and carrying dark spots errwia like a leopard grin
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by LoveMe4real(f): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Lastking147:

Its beta than those girls bleaching and carrying dark spots errwia like a leopard grin
ok thats very good of you o. But will the average naija boy/girl do same?

Just so you know people will bleach if the average person has no compliment for dark skin except to chant black is beautiful like ndi ara.

Why are you comparing dark skin and bleach skin sef? So you think its nice to do that bah
If you say its better than skin with multicolours, why cant you say its better than fair skin? or it has the same attractiveness like fair skin
Instead of comparing it to bleached skin
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Beamborla(f): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2016
Oahray:
You know why I asked for an estimate? To show you that the 'few' and 'majority' you've been talking about is an offshoot of limited experiences.

Do you know that some persons on this NL call some light-skinned persons albinos? Do you think that's a compliment? If you doubt me, run a Nairaland search on albino. Some others accuse anyone that's very light-skinned of being a "low-esteem bleacher". Yet when one tries to remember persons obsessed with skin colour, it's easy to mention Mr Cork as anti-darkskin. Why? He's louder than most.

What's more, when something touches us personally it's easier to notice and remember it. I guess you've gotten negative vibes about your complexion and you think light-skinned persons are always on the greener side of the comments fence.

I'm actually one of the black skinned ladies who get compliments on their skin. My argument is not based on emotion

On this forum, only one person so far has been referred to by people as an albino because of his skin color. Yes, sometimes an extremely fair person is accused of bleaching. What I make of that, story for another day. Nevertheless, most times, smth negative about that person is involved.

Omotola and Jenevive picture was once uploaded on this forum and majority went for Omotola. A handful, Jenevive and few seem indifferent about the skin color. A thread asking guys to chose between fair skinned and dark sinned lady once came up and the same thing still played out. For me, Mrco.rk does not count in this issue.

I'd use my people as an example. You hear majority of them saying things like 'Omo Pupa' fair skinned and it's often in admiration while when they say this; 'Omo dudu' the chances that it's said in admiration or insult is 50:50.
It's no secret which skin complexion is favoured by most of the South Easterners.

I agree that not everyone is guilty of this. Some even do it unconsciously...I'm not talking from limited experience. Present a man with a beautiful fair skinned and a beautiful dark skinned lady...I can be my khaki that he would go for the light skinned.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Beamborla(f): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2016
Lastking147:

See that's the point. It's only acknowledgebl when it's not bleached...
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by henrybomb(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2016
LoveMe4real:
Dear who is making them conscious of their skin. Animals and trees?
idk
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by 007Nasky(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2016
I luv her as she z. #BLACKISBEAUTHFUL
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Oahray: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2016
Beamborla:

I'm actually one of the black skinned ladies who get compliments on their skin. My argument is not based on emotion

On this forum, only one person so far has been referred to by people as an albino because of his skin color. Yes, sometimes an extremely fair person is accused of bleaching. What I make of that, story for another day. Nevertheless, most times, smth negative about that person is involved.

Omotola and Jenevive picture was once uploaded on this forum and majority went for Omotola. A handful, Jenevive and few seem indifferent about the skin color. A thread asking guys to chose between fair skinned and dark sinned lady once came up and the same thing still played out. For me, Mrco.rk does not count in this issue.

I'd use my people as an example. You hear majority of them saying things like 'Omo Pupa' fair skinned and it's often in admiration while when they say this; 'Omo dudu' the chances that it's said in admiration or insult is 50:50.
It's no secret which skin complexion is favoured by most of the South Easterners.

I agree that not everyone is guilty of this. Some even do it unconsciously...I'm not talking from limited experience. Present a man with a beautiful fair skinned and a beautiful dark skinned lady...I can be my khaki that he would go for the light skinned.
if I'm that man, you'd have successfully lost your khaki. I have a preference for dark skin (but I acknowledge and respect differing preference). That's why I tackled your first post where you implied that there's no one chating "Black is beautiful" who truly believes it. Don't presume to know what goes on in the minds of others. You only have access to yours.

So you even have people complimenting your colour and you are arguing that people do not truly think darkskin is beautiful? You believe they are all lying, right? Or perhaps you think yourself so stunning that they 'forgive' your complexion. Or maybe you just think it's inconsequential that people have praised your complexion... It's the ones against it that count, right?

Persons who think darkskin is ugly are simply louder as are many critics . There are a considerable number of persons who prefer darker skin. You are the one reading meaning into every expression and drawing conclusions.

Only one person so far? See what I said about you making assumption based on limited experience? You assume you've read every post since NL inception and know their content. Are you willing to bet your next FGN 'alawee' that it's just one person? If you are right I'd give you the equivalent.
Re: Will You Be Mad At This Girl If She Bleaches Her Skin? by Beamborla(f): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Oahray:
if I'm that man, you'd have successfully lost your khaki. I have a preference for dark skin (but I acknowledge and respect differing preference). That's why I tackled your first post where you implied that there's no one chating "Black is beautiful" who truly believes it. Don't presume to know what goes on in the minds of others. You only have access to yours.

So you even have people complimenting your colour and you are arguing that people do not truly think darkskin is beautiful? You believe they are all lying, right? Or perhaps you think yourself so stunning that they 'forgive' your complexion. Or maybe like many persons you prefer to dwell on negative comments and discard positive ones as untrue and inconsequential.

Persons who think darkskin is ugly are simply louder. There are a considerable number of persons who prefer darker skin. You are the one reading meaning into every expression and drawing conclusions.

Only one person so far? See what I said about you making assumption based on limited experience? You assume you've read every post since NL inception and know their content. Are you willing to bet your next FGN 'alawee' that it's just one person? If you are right I'd give you the equivalent.
My 'alawee'? Hell no! Let's leave it at the khaki.

Maybe I was wrong when I mentioned it's just one person so far...
Like I mentioned earlier, you still don't get my point. It's one thing to say black is ugly and it's another to prefer light skin over dark skin.

Most people don't find dark skinned ladies as attractive as they find light skinned ladies. I hope this conveys my message.

Reason I used this illustration, if you are light skinned and ugly, you could still earn a pass mark... 'at least she is fair in complexion' 'if no be say she fair, she for worwor' 'she no fine jor, na her fair skin dey help her'. If you are dark skinned and ugly, you don't get to enjoy such privilege rather, your dark skin makes the ugliness more pronounced...'she no fine and she still black join'

From those expressions, I hope you see my concern.

I didn't use no one, what I wrote was people who are guilty of rating dark skin second to light skin.

The fact that people do tell me I've got a nice skin doesn't mean they don't prefer light skinned ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Think I Am Falling For a Yoruba Guy, What Do U Think Abt Them / Woman Spotted Cooking Her Vagina Leaves Twitter User In Shock(video) / Gap Tooth Vs Dimple (which Is The Cutest Deformity)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.