Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? (29521 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by vareal(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2016
1.The deal was anulled because of the negativ implications. If we do currency swap, that means all our purchases wil be in yuan. This means ignorin the dollar nd the USA wil nt b happy wit that, remember our long lastin relationship with them. 2. The conditions in the agreement is to the benefits of the chinese govt e.g the loan was actually meant for capital projcets one of the conditions is that the chinese govt will provide the xpertriate fo those projects, this indirecly sucks all the money bak to china. 3.if we hav a currency swap, that means all importations will be done in three currencies I.e naira, yuan nd dollar. Now the original plan was to convert naira in to yuan then to dollar. This us because doller will be cheap tru the. Yuan. But the trouble lies with the sanctions the US govt will impose on china if they discover that china is helpin nigeria get dollar at a cheaper rate. It will hav a negative reversal effect if the xchange rate fo yuan nd dolla increases. 4. Lastly, if we decide to buy chinese products only. Then our contry will be flooded with inferor products, this cos we donot hav a good std organisation. SON is nt wokin nd cannt giv international specifications f products

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Stanbeto: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Pls who get NOKIA small pin Charger?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by atirolu(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2016
So some people still take apc govt serious?

Since 1983 we knw them noting good can ever come from the that side
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by berrystunn(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2016
lofty900:
what proof do you need when you were there apc was crying genocide against Nigerian army under gej

They are losing support every day...
Lie lie government.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
louqas:

The currency swap deal was made to ease doing business in China for Nigerians and it's only for people importing from China. Ask anyone you know importing from China
40% of our import is from China.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
obinoral1179:
coming to party with you. Even if now water we go pop am...

Lolllll......Aiit
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by IamThrive(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2016
They are just there to trade blame game after wasting many months to select his school prefects and to plan and release the money for family up-keep.

God help you guys not even worthy to call my leader or leaders.

Shameful thing!!!
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by danniyal(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2016
Only foolish nigerians think that kind of idea will work. The chinese are not fools.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Dhanidhamy(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2016
That useless currency,happy whatever they swapped didnt make a change,ill rather wait for the naira to appreciate or be optimistic abt the president N1=$1 I dnt bliv it though,was kidding
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2016
Its all mirage. Fela called it government magic
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by onatisi(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

Nigerians are the easiest people on this earth to fool. So u really believed that china will swap their currency for our naira,abi
The problem with Nigerians is that they believe everything their leaders tell them.
The china trip was basically for loan and he got it but they know they has to tell Nigerians something to make them dance on the streets and hail the dullard so they cooked up the story of currency swap. I remember some few intelligent people raised this points then that the bank of china never said anything about any dumb currency swap,Nigerians no dey listen. No wonder a person like buhari is their president

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by IamThrive(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2016
If you ask me, na who I go ask...the matter wey you see so ooo...

Good question, my Oga too wise.

I wonder what our rulers think each and everyday of their life in rulership.

God help his people
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by IamThrive(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2016
If you ask me, na who I go ask...the matter wey you see so ooo...!!!!

Good question, my Oga too wise.

I wonder what our rulers think each and everyday of their life in rulership.

God help his people
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by obinoral1179(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Lolllll......Aiit
I love food ooo.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by cornel994(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2016
D real story in nairaland is in d comments section
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by mightyhazell: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2016
Heromaniaa:
Odumegwu Ojukwu once said that The term coitus interruptus best describes policies in Nigeria. It is a sexual term where the man withdraws at climax and pours his juice outside the woman to avoid impregnation . In Nigeria, from the onset, whenever we seem to be getting it right, whenever we seem to have reached the climax, we withdraw and pour it all away. We are all smoke and no fire, all bark and no bite, all Motion and no movement. A wretched Third World wasteland
lol! U no sabi spell co.itus for nairaland?? Dem don help u change am 2 reproduction well well

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2016
lofty900:
Fayose the lion of South West wrote a powerful letter to the Chinese government stopping the deal, same way apc wrote letter to USA stopping them from selling arms to gej. What goes around comes around embarassed
Ok..thats d reason GEJ, dasuki and others diverted d money into their pockets.....
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2016
obinoral1179:
I love food ooo.

Okkkk......hope you can cook? If yes begin de come I get rice
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by kodded(m): 8:10am On Aug 28, 2016
onatisi:

Nigerians are the easiest people on this earth to fool. So u really believed that china will swap their currency for our naira,abi
The problem with Nigerians is that they believe everything their leaders tell them.
The china trip was basically for loan and he got it but they know they has to tell Nigerians something to make them dance on the streets and hail the dullard so they cooked up the story of currency swap. I remember some few intelligent people raised this points then that the bank of china never said anything about any dumb currency swap,Nigerians no dey listen. No wonder a person like buhari is their president
sad
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by GP15: 8:16am On Aug 28, 2016
Even Fashola wrote a very long article on that deal, But all na WASH
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by sonety2k(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2016
The Currency Swap with China Will Start on the 1st of October.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by 2sexynet: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Lolssssss......can't step out been raining cry......so let me celebrate it here....lolssssss....thanks dear
happy birthday Ada... errrmmm make I marry you na cheesy as a special birthday gift
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2016
Another scam gone wrong! The dumb/ill-prepared nomad is a WASTE of my vote!...O! 2019 where's thou?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:21am On Aug 28, 2016
spytime:
Is not a currency swap but the deal is to make it easier for importers that are importing from China to get the currency from local banks and use the Chinese currency to import instead of using the dollar the CBN is working on that so relax.
Brother, you are the first person that made a salient point. Many Nairaland only read the headline. The currency swap deal is for business men and women that import from China just like the way Kenya gives free visas to Nigerian business men only.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by abduolaye(m): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2016
It was denied by the Presidency to have any bilateral talk with China on Currency Swap deal.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by obinoral1179(m): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Okkkk......hope you can cook? If yes begin de come I get rice
for you to have rice at home in this change era, you are veli veli rich but the cooking aspect, what will you be doing if am cooking at your home?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Emestar1999: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2016
mumumugu:
china no gree again
Why China no gree?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2016
obinoral1179:
for you to have rice at home in this change era, you are veli veli rich but the cooking aspect, what will you be doing if am cooking at your home?

Dancing biko........its my born day
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by obinoral1179(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Dancing biko........its my born day
ok oooo.... No service today?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by XaviDayo(m): 8:26am On Aug 28, 2016
ApC keeps providing material for anybody planning to oust them by 2019. Useless party. Their zombie followers were jubilating and shouting. ...my joy be say, they are also feeling the pain. GEJ was giving 10million as Youwin grant, they also collected o....All of a sudden, they feel a secondarian will help them. God catch unable. Una neva see scam, etc go still knack Una big one.
Soon, APC will announce that it will do a currency swap deal with England.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by onatisi(m): 8:26am On Aug 28, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Brother, you are the first person that made a salient point. Many Nairaland only read the headline. The currency swap deal is for business men and women that import from China just like the way Kenya gives free visas to Nigerian business men only.
louqas:

The currency swap deal was made to ease doing business in China for Nigerians and it's only for people importing from China. Ask anyone you know importing from China
louqas:

Keep deceiving yourselves

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by otukelechi(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2016
buhari has been lying to Nigerians since 1960

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash / Naira Tumbles To 391/dollar / Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.