Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? (29519 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Xeedorf: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

Inconclusive Gonvernment

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by sarutobie(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2016
XaviDayo:
ApC keeps providing material for anybody planning to oust them by 2019. Useless party. Their zombie followers were jubilating and shouting. ...my joy be say, they are also feeling the pain. GEJ was giving 10million as Youwin grant, they also collected o....All of a sudden, they feel a secondarian will help them. God catch unable. Una neva see scam, etc go still knack Una big one.
Soon, APC will announce that it will do a currency swap deal with England.
the youwin programme vex me pass..two years ago I posted pictures of a budding agricultural enterprise here on nairaland, in a very remote community in delta state..they got loans from the youwin programme and started producing their own feeds(broiler mash, layers, chick mash)..I even posted a lot of pictures of this wonderful initiative here on nairaland..i worked as the production supervisor back then. they were making gains and mechanizing their farm..a lot of people here downplayed the youwin initiative....now it has been scrapped under the allegation of corruption.. last time I heard from the agro-company, they could barely produce just enough for their birds these days,not to talk of selling again...I can never understand the mind of Nigerians.. it defies logic!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Barigaboy(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:
Its my day.... Hurray ama be on all the topics today
Happy Birthday
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by gidjah(m): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2016
HBD sis,may d Almighty make IUbiggger Daily.
Ada9103:
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by ephi123(f): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2016
Can you people please stop derailing the thread?
Nairaland really should create a section where those that choose to can be trolling for birthday likes from strangers.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by ehijoe(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=HAH post=48863465]It baffles me too that this very good idea that will reduce some pressure on the Naira has not yet been implemented, I still believe the deal has been made but is being delayed by some bureaucratic bottleneck within the Nigerian civil service as usual..

My Brother. Y ar u cracking ur head for nothing. u want to speak for Buhari abi? Wot happened to the Change we voted for? U see a man that likes flying on a private Jet, just to chill out, u ar there guessing to defend him. my only challenge now is, the man agrees to rule for one tenure. but d way this man is going. He's ready to ring any election to enable him come back to that sit. Aboki-man Don Wise.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by onatisi(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2016
Nigerians still dont realize the wahala they voted in as president. Smh
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by marvelyole(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2016
Taeewo:
If u can provide the letter APC wrote to USA, i will dash you #200....
You are so senseless, i know say you be apc person, even the abokis are rejecting apc na only the oduduws no 1 gri
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:
happy born day ooooooooooo dont forget my cake ooo
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by nancyberry(f): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2016
DLuciano:
This is a blind and confused government that has nothing to offer but makes big talk with nothing to show at the end just leaving everyone embarrassed.

may GOD almighty bless you. ...for hitting the nail on the head....
have a nice day ahead. kiss
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2016
BlackSeptember:
you derailed a thread i found interesting with those 19 year old kids drooling over you and now you ve come back to start again with this.

Open a thread for your birthday and stop derailing topics that we came here to learn something about

I don't wanna open a thread....besides you ain't even the OP. Why take it personal? Anyways its my day won't let anything or anyone ruin my happiness.....Enjoy the rest of your day dear
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 10:08am On Aug 28, 2016
gbotemicomm:
happy born day ooooooooooo dont forget my cake ooo

Thanks.......sure I wont
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2016
gidjah:
HBD sis,may d Almighty make IUbiggger Daily.

Thanks dear
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by ClintonDal(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2016
HAH:
It baffles me too that this very good idea that will reduce some pressure on the Naira has not yet been implemented, I still believe the deal has been made but is being delayed by some bureaucratic bottleneck within the Nigerian civil service as usual..

The greatest bottleneck and hiccup in business in Nigeria is the civil service and their corruption most likely someone has been paid by geedy beneficiaries of dollar scarcity to delay the deal.

Another reason may be the slow nature of Buhari, though his intentions are very good to be frank he is very slow, the word hit the ground running is strange to Buhari, imagine how long it took him to appoint his cabinet and just imagine till today no replacement for James ocholi that died several months ago thereby short changing Kogi people.

Another reason may be from the Chinese it self, they may given it a second though and are frustrating it deliberately among reason they may do that is they realize they need dollars in their economy.

Another reason may be the Almighty USA may have threatened Nigeria not to go ahead with it, because going on with the deal means making the US dollars less attractive in Nigeria and the moment that succeeds in the Nigeria other african nations can follow suit, thereby making the dollar irrelevant, also there is a cold war between the west and the east(ie china and russia) so there may be an economy war being by the superpower and Nigeria is the battle ground.
These are all bunch of wanton speculations. Answer the question and stop rigmarolling.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by aminho(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2016
lofty900:
I don't have a copy
that is becuz it doesn't exists
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by BlackSeptember: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

I don't wanna open a thread....besides you ain't even the OP. Why take it personal? Anyways its my day won't let anything or anyone ruin my happiness.....Enjoy the rest of your day dear
if i descend on you, your birthday will be ruined. Take your cheap bag and hike out from here.

Ozwo

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by GabdelandAgro(m): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

the china currency swap deal met a brick-wall, buhari was disappointed. But the FG is covering it up. Thats the info i got from someone who was privileged to know about it. I was actually glad about the yuan currency swap deal. Also, dont expect america to stay idle about that deal, the american govt also covertly hindered the deal from succeeding
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2016
BlackSeptember:
if i descend on you, your birthday will be ruined. Take your cheap bag and hike out from here.

Ozwo

Alright......thanks..... Its my birthday make some noise

Hehehhehehehehhhhhehehhehehe
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Michel2013: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2016
it took the greediness of tinubu to foist this dullard on us even when he knew well that bubu has nothing to offer.now see how former biggest economy in Africa is nose diving into bottomless pit of hell.i guess you are feel the beat.enjoy ur ride till 2019. sophistication my foot.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by plaetton: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2016
LastSurvivor:

.... how do you expect someone who has never ventured in any enterprise all his life to make a reasonable deal. Banana can never produce apple..

Bingo!

This is the most glaring point that Buhari promoters like Dele Momudu, Wole Soyinka, Obasanjo , etc deliberately sidestepped in hoisting this Dinosaur, this vestige of a long bygone era, on Nigerians.

Buhari was never vetted in the same manner that an employer vets a typist, talkless a President.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by insomnia1234: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2016
scam, just like everything about the APC INCLUDING BUBU THE DOG
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Taeewo(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2016
marvelyole:

You are so senseless, i know say you be apc person, even the abokis are rejecting apc na only the oduduws no 1 gri
U r the senseless uncle cus i only asked him to provide evidence of the letter cus we all knew no letter was written by APC then.....it was just fabricated. ....

How did that statement proved am APC....

Onyochi, onyara, oyinberibe, nkpogi, ozuanya
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by valarinz: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2016
HAH:
It baffles me too that this very good idea that will reduce some pressure on the Naira has not yet been implemented, I still believe the deal has been made but is being delayed by some bureaucratic bottleneck within the Nigerian civil service as usual..

The greatest bottleneck and hiccup in business in Nigeria is the civil service and their corruption most likely someone has been paid by geedy beneficiaries of dollar scarcity to delay the deal.

Another reason may be the slow nature of Buhari, though his intentions are very good to be frank he is very slow, the word hit the ground running is strange to Buhari, imagine how long it took him to appoint his cabinet and just imagine till today no replacement for James ocholi that died several months ago thereby short changing Kogi people.

Another reason may be from the Chinese it self, they may given it a second though and are frustrating it deliberately among reason they may do that is they realize they need dollars in their economy.

Another reason may be the Almighty USA may have threatened Nigeria not to go ahead with it, because going on with the deal means making the US dollars less attractive in Nigeria and the moment that succeeds in the Nigeria other african nations can follow suit, thereby making the dollar irrelevant, also there is a cold war between the west and the east(ie china and russia) so there may be an economy war being by the superpower and Nigeria is the battle ground.

Oga, Abeg all these explanations ain't the question here, these long stories would have held sway if they haven't come to tell us they signed a freaking deal and they got all the political praise accruing and bashing the gej as incompetent as a result, now months later nothing to show for it

Major question now is: didn't they know all these before going ahead to embark on the public show of shame?

Were they not supposed to have handled all these and come to a conclusion on the way forward before embarking on the deceitful announcement, does this actually depict the govt as one that is organised and capable of proper planning

If there were many issues to be tackled with underground before this becomes a reality, Why rush to announce a deal still not totally worked out?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by plaetton: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2016
HAH:

Sharap dia.

Blame everyone but Buhari.

" Buhari The Blameless" should be his new epithet.

How can you say that Buhari means well for the country when the ASO Rock Villa and key apparatus of governance are filled with his nephews, nieces and cousins?
That, by itself, should tell everyone out there that NOTHING GOOD will come out of this government.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Taeewo(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2016
marvelyole:

You are so senseness, i know say you be apc person, even the abokis are rejecting apc na only the oduduws no 1 gri
You cant even spell SENSELESS grin
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Masculity(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2016
HAH:

Man, you are the type of people we need in this forum.
God bless you.

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by jcbillion(m): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2016
I really want to know if "Vote of no confidence" has been removed from the constitution

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by IykeWest: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2016
Heromaniaa:
Odimegwu Ojukwu once said that The term coit.us interruptus best describes policies in Nigeria. It is a sexual term where the man withdraws at climax and pours his juice outside the woman to avoid impregnation . In Nigeria, from the onset, whenever we seem to be getting it right, whenever we seem to have reached the climax, we withdraw and pour it all away. We are all smoke and no fire, all bark and no bite, all Motion and no movement. A wretched Third World wasteland
I'm utterly impressed with the way u put those words together. Very impressive!
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by myhotbrain: 11:21am On Aug 28, 2016
ephi123:

Is the Internet meant for select people? So because he is a trader he cannot make any meaningful contribution online? Sigh. I don't understand the faux social class and snobbishness Nigerians display at times.

Am sorry if I offended ur sense of rationality...pls what do have to say to the fact that when matters of national importance are being discussed here on nairaland, the usual response from these deprave yoots is: Buhari is a dullard.

Further, why is it that MAINLY South East, poor and illiterates are the ones who bent on destroying Nigeria's unity? Where are your upper class, mostly educated adults agitating for succession?

Rathet than take offence for my obsetvations, please EDUCATE YOUR YOUTHS, TEACH THEM TOLERANCE AND CIVILITY AND MUTUAL RESPECT FOR ALL NIGERIANS IRRESPECTIVE OF THIER ETHNIC TRIBE.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by dnawah(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:

it is on the way?they have to devalue the naira 1st($1=#400+) and make things difficult for the people(1 bag of rice #23k) be4 the swap.so that we don have any choice but accept it.(i no say 666 don start o!)my hand is clean
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2016
Lol e don enter black hole
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Coldfeets: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2016
ephi123:

Is the Internet meant for select people? So because he is a trader he cannot make any meaningful contribution online? Sigh. I don't understand the faux social class and snobbishness Nigerians display at times.

I wonder o!

When I read his statement, I just couldn't make the connection between the ipod trader and nonsense posts seen here on nairaland.

Maybe in his little mind, he believes that all traders are illiterates

Nnaa na wa o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recharge And Get Paid Straight To Your Bank Account. / Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.