Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? (29518 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Jidibia(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hausa sheep get sense pass you. Olodo
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by IDnoble1: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

FG is afraid of the US, because the deal does not go well with the US and will greatly affect the effect of their currency in Nig. If you can remember, immediately the FG made the relationship with China known, US with their body language went against it and started releasing some implicating news or info about FG. so I think FG is trying to avoid US trouble,that's y they back off for now
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by ayobamiakinrind(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
spytime:
Is not a currency swap but the deal is to make it easier for importers that are importing from China to get the currency from local banks and use the Chinese currency to import instead of using the dollar the CBN is working on that so relax.

Since when, till when? Try to be logical in your lies.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by DonCortino: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
louqas:

The currency swap deal was made to ease doing business in China for Nigerians and it's only for people importing from China. Ask anyone you know importing from China
Shift abeg! China importers still pay in us dollars with d current evil exchange rate!
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by DonCortino: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
vareal:
1.The deal was anulled because of the negativ implications. If we do currency swap, that means all our purchases wil be in yuan. This means ignorin the dollar nd the USA wil nt b happy wit that, remember our long lastin relationship with them. 2. The conditions in the agreement is to the benefits of the chinese govt e.g the loan was actually meant for capital projcets one of the conditions is that the chinese govt will provide the xpertriate fo those projects, this indirecly sucks all the money bak to china. 3.if we hav a currency swap, that means all importations will be done in three currencies I.e naira, yuan nd dollar. Now the original plan was to convert naira in to yuan then to dollar. This us because doller will be cheap tru the. Yuan. But the trouble lies with the sanctions the US govt will impose on china if they discover that china is helpin nigeria get dollar at a cheaper rate. It will hav a negative reversal effect if the xchange rate fo yuan nd dolla increases. 4. Lastly, if we decide to buy chinese products only. Then our contry will be flooded with inferor products, this cos we donot hav a good std organisation. SON is nt wokin nd cannt giv international specifications f products

That means buhari the dog was just gallivanting round d world in vain, wasting our money upandan.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by honor4me: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
HAH:
It baffles me too that this very good idea that will reduce some pressure on the Naira has not yet been implemented, I still believe the deal has been made but is being delayed by some bureaucratic bottleneck within the Nigerian civil service as usual..

The greatest bottleneck and hiccup in business in Nigeria is the civil service and their corruption most likely someone has been paid by geedy beneficiaries of dollar scarcity to delay the deal.

Another reason may be the slow nature of Buhari, though his intentions are very good to be frank he is very slow, the word hit the ground running is strange to Buhari, imagine how long it took him to appoint his cabinet and just imagine till today no replacement for James ocholi that died several months ago thereby short changing Kogi people.

Another reason may be from the Chinese it self, they may given it a second though and are frustrating it deliberately among reason they may do that is they realize they need dollars in their economy.

Another reason may be the Almighty USA may have threatened Nigeria not to go ahead with it, because going on with the deal means making the US dollars less attractive in Nigeria and the moment that succeeds in the Nigeria other african nations can follow suit, thereby making the dollar irrelevant, also there is a cold war between the west and the east(ie china and russia) so there may be an economy war being by the superpower and Nigeria is the battle ground.
Powerful good analysis from someone who seems to have a deep knowledge of international political economy. From onset, that kind of government moves was not to be a celebrated headline sensation. We ought to perfected our act before it becoming public. But who knows maybe a lot of efforts are still going on to make the deal work through. Let's be positive
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by mfm04622: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
LastSurvivor:
Buhari is just an embarrassment to the country.
meanwhile, how do you expect someone who has never ventured in any enterprise all his life to make a reasonable deal. Banana can never produce apple..

China is a serious country, they know that nothing good can come out of such a stack illiterate dullard..
Truth must be told, buhari shouldn't be a president but EFCC chairman.. Simple..

No venture in his life and he is a farmer with herd of cattle?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by DonCortino: 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
onatisi:

Nigerians are the easiest people on this earth to fool. So u really believed that china will swap their currency for our naira,abi
The problem with Nigerians is that they believe everything their leaders tell them.
The china trip was basically for loan and he got it but they know they has to tell Nigerians something to make them dance on the streets and hail the dullard so they cooked up the story of currency swap. I remember some few intelligent people raised this points then that the bank of china never said anything about any dumb currency swap,Nigerians no dey listen. No wonder a person like buhari is their president

Fayose told them of the scam o! Instead they rained abuses on him.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by LastSurvivor: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
mfm04622:

No venture in his life and he is a farmer with herd of cattle?

Ur funny man, have you not heard about buhari 100 cows from 2003 to date, have ever heard the number increased?
In fact, a typical wondering fulani man is more successful than him in cattle business..
Then apart from cattle, what other venture u can link a whole former head of state to grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Spain007(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

Forget stories... Pmb just went there for vacation.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by tiwiex(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
lofty900:
Fayose the lion of South West wrote a powerful letter to the Chinese government stopping the deal, same way apc wrote letter to USA stopping them from selling arms to gej. What goes around comes around embarassed

There is noting we won't hear from APC and its supporters. Are you saying the currency swap was a success but Fayose went to China and stopped it? Maybe I didn't understand your response.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by justhenry(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ada9103:

Thanks biko
you're welcome o'jare. what about the "I love you" part? what d'you say?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by LEGENDP(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
Earn10$ per 10 seconds task, earn 2000$ monthly-onlie job. Visit http://Money4Task.com/?ref=244231
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by misscall247: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
spytime:
Is not a currency swap but the deal is to make it easier for importers that are importing from China to get the currency from local banks and use the Chinese currency to import instead of using the dollar the CBN is working on that so relax.
the qtn is hw far ve thy gone?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
tiwiex:

There is noting we won't hear from APC and its supporters. Are you saying the currency swap was a success but Fayose went to China and stopped it? Maybe I didn't understand your response.
Thats exactly what I'm saying
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Maxikingz: 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
SnowJay92:

I meant to ask this same question a few days before now, because our importers are still bemoaning the dollar and imported supplies are currently skyrocketing!
May be something is wrong with that deal,we need for info.about it.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
justhenry:
you're welcome o'jare. what about the "I love you" part? what d'you say?

kiss
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by franklin000(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
That deal was a mirage it never happened
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by maxzzo1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
APC govt is deceitful n full of lies ....even d zombies are tired

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by whitecloth: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrPresident1:
It was a format grin.

They were trying all kinds of coded spiritual experiments including symbolically handing over the woman to Moab. But it is not written that Moab will be the one to feed the woman, this is the duty of the serpent (now rather than feed her, the serpent is impoverishing her).

So the deal failed grin
am curious to know what this is.
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by justhenry(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
justhenry:
cool

Kilo nshele.....what hapun grin
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by papaa4: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
If dis happen USA n Britain will divide Nigeria because dey hv d key 2 unlock n 2 lock Nigeria
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by mfm04622: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
LastSurvivor:

Ur funny man, have you not heard about buhari 100 cows from 2003 to date, have ever heard the number increased?
In fact, a typical wondering fulani man is more successful than him in cattle business..
Then apart from cattle, what other venture u can link a whole former head of state to grin

He also own farms where he cultivates crops. For the cattle, so you think he is keeping them as Pets? Don't you think he does sell them?
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by LastSurvivor: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2016
mfm04622:

He also own farms where he cultivates crops. For the cattle, so you think he is keeping them as Pets? Don't you think he does sell them?

No wonder wailers call you guys zombie because u only wanna justify every bit of nonsense even when you know the real truth..

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by mfm04622: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2016
LastSurvivor:

No wonder wailers call you guys zombie because u only wanna justify every bit of nonsense even when you know the real truth..

Please tell me the truth since you know so much
Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Udehtitus(m): 7:54am On Sep 13, 2017
150$ at 350/$ come and pack all.
Come wid your escrow oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Recharge And Get Paid Straight To Your Bank Account. / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.