Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money (1038 Views)

She Doesn't Want To Apologize: Should I Forgive Her? / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist / My Fiancée Wants To Break Up With Me Because She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by marvelck: 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
I once had a discussion wt a lady about marriage and how most women used to depend on their husband for everytin. Which according to her is not right. She went on to say she wud never depend on her husband when she gets married. Since she already has enough money of her own (she is from a rich home), she would only demand her husband to take care of their kids very well, while she takes care of herself with her own money made from her sweat...she said when a woman depends on her husband for everything, it reduces her value before him. That its advisable for every woman to be self sufficient...
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
She is right

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by tutaboi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
I will show her d exit door...
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
Her decision is a beautiful one.

I would love to have a woman like her for a wife.

Men will be quick to say she's selfish or self-centered, but as a Man, you have to drop your ego and look beyond the money to understand what she means. All is well.

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by drsmith1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
She has a valid point..The issue there is she must exhibit it without pride and most importantly, consign the husband with absolute respect!!!
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Lexusgs430: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
marvelck:
I once had a discussion wt a lady about marriage and how most women used to depend on their husband for everytin. Which according to her is not right. She went on to say she wud never depend on her husband when she gets married. Since she already has enough money of her own (she is from a rich home), she would only demand her husband to take care their kids very well, while she takes care of herself with her own money made from her sweat...she said when a woman depends on her husband for everything, it reduces her value before him. That its advisable for every woman to be self sufficient...

The man should look after himself, the house and the children.
The way should look ONLY after herself? What a selfish, self centered and egoistic perception. And she would be wondering why her husband keeps cheating on her or seeks for a divorce.
Is it his child/children or their children?
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Lexusgs430: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
lilyqueen:
She is right

Very right indeed. Would you subscribe to that level of thinking? Really?
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by dominique(f): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
It is never advisable for one spouse to be totally dependent on the other.
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Very right indeed. Would you subscribe to that level of thinking? Really?

YES
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by AnodaIT(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
My problem with most Nigerians is that they are extremist

One would be depending on the husband for everything
The other would form independent and be off to make her money so that she would not be dependent

Where is the virtuous woman that will make just enough to contribute to the family yet still giving the husband the opportunity to provide for her and the family.

You can not stay in my house and form Independent Power Plant, if I can not provide for you at least the essential things while you take care of the nitty-gritty, I have failed as a husband
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Lexusgs430: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
lilyqueen:

YES

Are you married?
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Lexusgs430: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
dominique:
It is never advisable for one spouse to be totally dependent on the other.

Left hand washes Right hand & Right hand washes Left hand. No be so?
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Are you married?

No
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by vizkiz: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
marvelck:
I once had a discussion wt a lady about marriage and how most women used to depend on their husband for everytin. Which according to her is not right. She went on to say she wud never depend on her husband when she gets married. Since she already has enough money of her own (she is from a rich home), she would only demand her husband to take care their kids very well, while she takes care of herself with her own money made from her sweat...she said when a woman depends on her husband for everything, it reduces her value before him. That its advisable for every woman to be self sufficient...

Same thing bro... No man wants a liability but a self dependent and sufficient wife who can make things happen on her own.
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by NaWetinDey(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
funny

so the man will take care of the kids with his money while you use your own wealth to lavish on yourself and, undeniably, your sugar sons?

that's no marriage, no; not with all these gender equality and women empowerment going on.
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Pouyan: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Smh. What a foolish thing to say
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by theEYe21(f): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
lilyqueen:
She is right
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Lexusgs430: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
lilyqueen:

No

In two years after marriage, kindly come update this thread.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by Gabaleve(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
please, don't urinate here
Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by dominique(f): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Left hand washes Right hand & Right hand washes Left hand. No be so?

Na so o. But a woman that wants to be completely self dependent shouldn't be regarded as arrogant.

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Says She Doesn't Want Your Money by IamLEGEND1: 6:52am On Aug 17, 2016
which kyn yeye logic be that? I work to support the whole family while she works to support herself?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! How Do I Choose Between This Two Lovers / What Kind Of Gift Do Ladies/girls Appreciate? / Prophet Who Makes Members Get Naked In Church For Deliverance ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.