Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28259 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by LaExpert: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Icecomrade:
[b]
Stories we get from "Abstinence teachings" on social Media.

1. Help!!! My husband has a small ddick. What should I do?

2. Help!!! My Husband is a 1 minute man. He cannot satisfy me in bed. What should I do?

3. Help!!! My Wife does not like sex, I am tempted to go outside. What should I do?

4. Help!!! My Husband touches me once in 6 months since after our marriage. What should I do?

5. Help!!! My wife cries each time we make love. I am even afraid to touch her. What should I do?

6. Help!!! My husband has a weak eerection. I don't feel his ddick inside me. What should I do?

7. Help My wife is not Good in bed. She lies like a lug of wood. I don't enjoy sex with her . What should I do?

When you refused to check what your buying before you pay, please don't come to me for any silly advice. I have stopped contributing on threads on such topics for a very long time now.

Sexual compatibility is key to a successful marriage.

Be wise + Be smart

[/b]

These 'complaints' are usually heard when one party has been abstinent and the other has been exposed.

You'll hardly hear all these from an abstinent pair.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by jmoore(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yes, very possible.

Sex is not food!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Laredojohn(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
I have always thought of this too,but to be sincere its realistic for those who have the grace too,i know some peeps will come and quote scriptures etc, but to be realistic even those who preach it must have fallen before(though not all) ,but whosoever has kissed, had lust by mere looking at a woman , masturbated , or done any sexual act thats not even penetration is a good as having sex , we truly have those who can abstain and i salute them because it takes the grace of God too, i once spoke with a lady friend, she told me she was abstaining from sex till marriage , but when we spoke further she said she only kisses , i was like , u fink a guy will just always be interested in kissing u always and will not wanna go further someday ..anyways it takes the grace of God .
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
braithwaite:

Very simple and yet a complex question . Personally, am of the opinion that sex is so significant, so powerful and so dangerous if misused, that it requires the type of long-term commitment, deep trust and strong mutual understanding that marriage conveys,sex is an integral part of human nature. almost no one would argue that ,indiscriminate sex with no concern for the physical, social or moral consequences is a good thing. Even that's exactly what our instincts would tell us to do. Human instincts don't care about long term consequences or social sanction, but human need to. The notion that sex should only be the expression of selfess, enduring love is not supported by science,so it would be a religious convicetion you either do or don't have.

Does science say sexually transmitted disease is a good thing?

braithwaite:

The act to delay or lemme use the word ABSTINENCE is really important to develop,but can constant self denial of the fleshy desire makes human happier?. People with low sex drive ,abstinence can be on the normal side for them.

If abstinence is important why can't they get married before having sex?

braithwaite:

Sex comes in many ways, different flavour..No youth wants to enter a marriage been ignorant of the common explorations and variations that puts them on a huge disadvantage unless they're certain they and whoever they wnats to marry will be happy with plain variation of Sex...so ABSTINENCE is just WEIRD when you start rationalizing it as anything more than an act of practical necessity,

Can't the so called variations be explored after marriage? What's the rush?

braithwaite:

If you can abstain.. No wahala.. and if you can't, Enjoy the rides or circumstances that it birth

Penetration or Non-penetration ?

And if you can't abstain before marriage would there be any wahala? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by holluphemydavid(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ur contributions is needed here Torlah232
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by jmoore(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage. Those that claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.
Taaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]http://media./media/zWuh7jYoiq74s/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by realmindz: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jamean:

and I put it to you that some people are so committed to abstinence that they don't even embrace/hug each other, talk less of kissing or pre-intimacy. It's just like saying it is impossible to be great and affluent in life without been through formal education at any time in life, and that if you investigate they probably dropped out of school at some point.

The fact that it seems impossible to you doesn't mean people have not totally abstained in the past even till this present terrible end time.

Ok bye. undecided
now tell us, ve u?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by atirolu(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
No test market
Will lead to fight btw seller and buyer
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Klare(f): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
"Is abstinence before marriage a realistic message?" Most people are going to have sex anyway, so why bother even teaching abstinence?

Many in the modern culture have declared that sexual morality is dead, that abstinence isn't realistic, but it is instead old-fashioned and outdated. Is abstinence before marriage even reasonable in today's "hook-up culture"?

Very possible deaerie
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Icecomrade: 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
LaExpert:

These 'complaints' are usually heard when one party has been abstinent and the other has been exposed.

You hardly hear all these from an abstinent pair.

What would tame the complaints among abstinent pair?

Low libido caused by abstinence or lack of sexual exposure?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by chukz999(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy Though In Our Modern Society Sexulal Immorality Is The Order Of The Day.... But I Still Believe That Abstenance Is A Realistic Message
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
holluphemydavid:

U get my thumb up for d advantages u listed above

Thanks
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Adesiji77:

@"Nobody": This is a fallacy of hasty generalization. Not everyone follows the crowd...

Good point. It is not just good to go against the flow it is also good to turn the tide. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by DTRUMPER: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No sexually transmitted diseases

No unwanted pregnancy

Low rate of heart break and so on

SAME advantages LESBIANS have for going into the devilish act
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by DTRUMPER: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage. Those that claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR THAT GOOD COMMENT
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by joseph1832(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

So your reason for engaging in pre-marital sex is because the unfaithfulness? undecided
Did I say that? Ask me a clear cut question and I'll answer you.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

Some people can't do without taking hard drugs should we stop teaching against it? Some are kleptomaniacs should we also not bother to talk it? Because my little boy will always want to watch TV 247 I should allow him and not caution him since he will always choose TV over most other things?
If you don't believe in God your view will definitely be different from those that do so why bother? Your realistic view may not be another realistic view.

What about those who say they believe in God but still cut corners. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by miketayo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No unwanted pregnancy

first 2 r correct but the last isnt
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Klare:

Very possible deaerie

How? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by LaExpert: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Icecomrade:

What would tame the complaints among abstinent pair?

Low libido caused by abstinence or lack of sexual exposure?

Virtually everything in the quoted post has a solution, from low libido to weak erektion to quick expulsion.

Low libido is more of a psychological issue besides, there are ways to increase libido.

If I hit the gym with a first time gym user, I won't enjoy my workout session simply because I'll need to teach the newbie how to use the equipments... and he'll get better with time.
If we're both newbies, we'll enjoy the session as our trainer will easily put us through.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by clogogo(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No unwanted pregnancy

Disadvantages

No sexual experience

No Sexual awareness of your partner that leads to infidelity most time. Aka Sexual lapido

E.t.c
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Anjelus(m): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
"Is abstinence before marriage a realistic message?" Most people are going to have sex anyway, so why bother even teaching abstinence?

Many in the modern culture have declared that sexual morality is dead, that abstinence isn't realistic, but it is instead old-fashioned and outdated. Is abstinence before marriage even reasonable in today's "hook-up culture"?
First, let me correct this erroneous notion, sex is the least reason for marriage, is just the icing of the cake, the primary reason for marriage is companionship and it is because of the misplaced priority that we now have marriages fallen apart without remorse. Any marriage built on sex is already standing on a faulty foundation hence the reason for extra marital affairs. With abstinence, you are in a good frame of mind to start a relationship with your head rather than your emotions. You able to look at the pros and cons of your partner and decide whether it aligns with your goals and values, otherwise, you are at liberty to move on without any emotional attachments that come with a sexual relationship. This apart, the most important reason is that ITS A SIN BEFORE GOD!!!

3 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Icecomrade: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
LaExpert:

Virtually everything in the quoted post has a solution, from low libido to weak erektion to quick expulsion.

Low libido is more of a psychological issue besides, there are ways to increase libido.

If I hit the gym with a first time gym user, I won't enjoy my workout session simply because I'll need to teach the newbie how to use the equipments... and he'll get better with time.
If we're both newbies, we'll enjoy the session as our trainer will easily put us through.

You tend not to understand the last post you quoted.

My question is on sexual crave. That's why I asked you if its is sexual exposure that causes high libido against abstinence resulting to low libido

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by kennydotkom(m): 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Yes it is possible , only if the lady in question refuse the guy that has consecience wit joint agreement never to engage in premrital sex. But it will take a self control people to obey. This. because its not easy. We hv to face reality.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What about those who say they believe in God but still cut corners. undecided
They do so knowing fully well the repercussion. And they have most likely made their peace with it.
Do you know there is difference between saying you believe something and actually acting like you really believe.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
joseph1832:

Did I say that? Ask me a clear cut question and I'll answer you.

You said for the fact that a partner (fiance) would begin to cheat with someone else as to the reason why you advocate for pre-marital sex. Correct me if am wrong. What will you advise your daughter if she asks you this (OP) question?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by LaExpert: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Icecomrade:

You tend not to understand the last post you quoted.

My question is on sexual crave. That's why I asked you if its is sexual exposure that causes high libido against abstinence resulting to low libido

Your question was not clear enough then.

Sexual exposure does not always translate to high libido and abstinence does not also always translate to low libido.

Like I said, Libido is more of a psychological issue.

If your question is still not answered, kindly rephrase simply and ask directly.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Anjelus:

First, let me correct this erroneous notion, sex is the least reason for marriage, is just the icing of the cake, the primary reason for marriage is companionship and it is because of the misplaced priority that we now have marriages fallen apart without remorse. Any marriage built on sex is already standing on a faulty foundation hence the reason for extra marital affairs. With abstinence, you are in a good frame of mind to start a relationship with your head rather than your emotions. You able to look at the pros and cons of your partner and decide whether it aligns with your goals and values, otherwise, you are at liberty to move on without any emotional attachments that come with a sexual relationship. This apart, the most important reason is that ITS A SIN BEFORE GOD!!!

Why do we have this misplaced priority? How do we go about being abstinent without falling foul? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
kennydotkom:

Yes it is possible , only if the lady in question refuse the guy that has consecience wit joint agreement never to engage in premrital sex. But it will take a self control people to obey. This. because its not easy. We hv to face reality.

What is the reality? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by goldeno10boy: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No unwanted pregnancy

and zero number of children born out of wedlock (bastards)
There is no body that will be happy with his/her parents for making him/her a bastard

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Honestly it's really between you and the God you serve. I have found that keeping yourself for that one person really helps build a sexual bond.

Occasionally temptation seeps in but it's best to wait because men start to treat you differently once sex is involved and the center of the relationship

yes he can get it anywhere but everyone has a unique touch a unique way in which they make love like a fingerprint once you have a match if you like turn to rabbit you won't be able to deny it.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

They do so knowing fully well the repercussion. And they have most likely made their peace with it.
Do you know there is difference between saying you believe something and actually acting like you really believe.

Does this mean that abstinence is not a realistic message? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Bars Church Members From Public Comments - PT / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s / Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.