Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28246 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2016
lilyqueen:

YES

I don't think so. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2016
Drdreyy:

You can see the little number of views and responses you have gotten since yesterday.
Any born again Christian and morally upright person that reads the title will not even bother clicking it talkless of commenting, except few ones that care to correct you.

Agreed. Thank God for FP exposure. cheesy

Drdreyy:

Premarital sex is a sin and not allowed by God. Ofcourse it's the right thing to do, because

1. You are obeying God.
2. You save your self from the risks of sexually transmitted diseases and heart breaks.

Good job!

Drdreyy:

Agnostic Christians and others who do not regard God or fear God.

Who are agnostic Christians? shocked

Drdreyy:

Bro, it's realistic. Anybody who feels the urge is too much for him/her should go and get a partner and be legally married.

Would getting married on the basis of satisfying one's sexual urge solve the issue of extra marital affairs? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2016
sunnyside16:

Even the virgins are not ready for abstinence. They dont want to be shocked by the what he has or capable of

If the virgin does not meet the standard of the next adventurer what should he do? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2016
cutebebe:

few people might be practising it, but there are people who have decided to keep themselves till marriage.

N.B: YOU LEAVE PART OF YOURSELF WITH WHOSOEVER YOU HAVE SEX WITH, WHETHER 2 OR 10.

#abstinence till marriage all the way.

Way to go! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Loonyy:

Abstinence is a NECESSITY just like food cloth water n money

Why would you say that? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

No fore-knowledge of the person you are about to marry.

Many marriage have collapsed because the wife or husband finds out that their spouse cannot satisfy them sexually.

That is 1 of the disadvantage

The only thing that can prevent sexual transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancy is faithfulness and mutual understanding. Human body is wired for sex

How can you be sure that your partner is faithful since he/she has refused to be committed to you in marriage? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2016
megabyte2:

You might be right, but are still some people who still abstain totally.

How did you know? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2016
Ayatul:

It depends on what you want for yourself. If you can abstain before marriage its best, but if you can't its better you talk up with your partner. Also being faithful with that single partner is key to avoid lots of risk and what it could bring.

Why is abstinence before marriage the best option? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2016
abdulkayus:

Seun, dont say on what u dont have much knowledge on. There are a lot of ppl who do not even hug, kiss or romance talkless of sex during their courtship. Many are practising full celibacy and more will still continue. Cos the world is morally depraved shouldnt mean that we shld move castigate the right thing.

Is this abstinence thing practised by one or both parties? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2016
Spells:

Yes abstain from sex is te best.... Any one who thinks otherwise should quote me wrong. I no holy pass sha

Why would you say it's the best? Have you got any reason?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2016
emymeeky:

Yes

Why?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Aug 24, 2016
darkid1:

Lol, there is time for everything. You see this sex of a thing, when done outside marriage only brings pain and regret .

Good point. cool

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2016
Yieldings:

Not so, Seun. Some people are disciplined enough to stand by their convictions, not cut corners and wait for marriage. Yes, some people do practice abstinence in every sense of the word.

How do you expect him to be so sure?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Aug 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

Celibacy in this our time and age where sex is like a cup of tea that people take every minute?

Is this your experience or is it just an assumption?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Maybe the person have not reached puberty stage. The body is programmed by nature for sex.

How are we then different from animals?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2016
queenfav:

Please get me a Royal cape,a crown and a throne,let's name him king!Thats the truth right there.On the flip side,i know very few true Christians still practice "TOTAL" abstinence from sex before marriage.Its very hard Sha..

If it is hard how do people still manage to abstain? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
olaolaking:

YES! We did it. So it is realistic

Bravo! Have you got a few tips to help those who think its not realistic?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2016
mira4u:

What happens if I tell you I never did any of them before I got married? If you or some people can't abstain, it doesn't mean others can't.

Yes, it's realistic.

I congratulate you. Can you share with us how you did it?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2016
holluphemydavid:

Oya clap for ur sef, but wait ooooo, hope u laid a gud example of dat?

I hope so, whatever that means. smiley
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by 9jatatafo(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is this your experience or is it just an assumption?
Reality on ground. Don't pretend as if you don't know it
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by megabyte2(f): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

How did you know? undecided
I know someone that abstain totally before she got married.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

How are we then different from animals?

Are we not animals?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

Reality on ground. Don't pretend as if you don't know it

I don't know if this is your experience or its just an assumption.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
megabyte2:

I know someone that abstain totally before she got married.

Are you also sure her man abstained?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Are we not animals?

No, are you?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

No, are you?

Yes I am.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by 9jatatafo(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I don't know if this is your experience or its just an assumption.

There is no point making an argument with you. Let it be as you think and let mine be the way it is. Many thanks for your time.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by sunnyside16(m): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

If the virgin does not meet the standard of the next adventurer what should he do? undecided

thats simply why abstinence is a facade
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by neocortex: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
Drdreyy:

Op, this is religion section this topic is better moved to the romance section.
Abstinence before marriage is the right thing to do, you don't need anyone to tell you that.

Whether it's realistic or not, you don't expect anyone that is a Christian and morally upright to say it's unrealistic. You can only get contrary response from Atheists here.

As for me, i say it's realistic afterall there are a lot of people practicing celibacy.

You are wrong check out this christians;

1. A pastor, Bromleigh McCleneghan ; https://www.nairaland.com/3307679/bromleigh-mccleneghan-sex-before-marriage

2. Christian Nairalanders;

pippimp:

I am a christian but a christian with sense. In Africa, religion is the bane of ignorant people.

gen2briz:
Thank you jare my pastor.

Computer age need computer decision.

NwaTeacher1:
Very right my Pastor. Konji na bastard. It has no respect whether you be born again or not. Fear konji

YourMajesty:
Nah dis kind church i go like attend. cool

PaulIdu:
Someone speaking with deep wisdom. .I expect shallow low IQ christians who secretly engage in out of wedlock sex to appear here and crucify her

Noblewhiz:
Hm... Right or wrong, i live my life. I believe on my belief:dont give a damn.
# grin

These christians can't be all wrong you know ?

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by neocortex: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
I see a deluded atheist talking trash. Abstinence is key. Your saying that "nobody practices abstinence" shows how disintegrated your mind is. This thread is dead on arrival. I just hope the populace can decide what's best for them. In this current time where formication is in our faces; Abstinence is key.

Don't be so hard on yourself, most christians don't practise abstinence even
if they are supposedly against it.
You hear words like, "let us be realistic",
"this is the 21st century for God's sake" etc.

Even a pastor claims that sex before marriage is okay;
https://www.nairaland.com/3307679/bromleigh-mccleneghan-sex-before-marriage

I have had enough debates here to know what am
saying, so abstinence has nothing to do with christianity
or atheism only that some hypocritical christian who claims
that there is no morality without god still engages in
fornication.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Drdreyy: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:

You are wrong check out this christians;

1. A pastor, Bromleigh McCleneghan ; https://www.nairaland.com/3307679/bromleigh-mccleneghan-sex-before-marriage

2. Christian Nairalanders;

These christians can't be all wrong you know ?

It's obvious those guys you quoted are not ardent or born again Christians.
By their fruit we shall know them. Imagine their comments.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by ViktorMartins(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
yinkhar:
it is easy for ladies to abstain. Most of d guys saying it, i wish i can meet one of u cos out here is diff....99% of guys want sex

its annoying
Easy for ladies? Tell me another story!
See, the girls dress provocatively to sexuually seduce us; how easy is it for you to blame guys when you don't know what we go through daily in the hands of you ladies!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Spiritual Grace; Amazing Pictures! / Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.