Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28254 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by madridsta007(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
#TeamAbstinenceTillMarriage

#TeamCelibateTillMarriage

#TeamWaitingForThatSpecialNight.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
goldeno10boy:
and zero number of children born out of wedlock (bastards)
There is no body that will be happy with his/her parents for making him/her a bastard

Nice one

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by joseph1832(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

You said for the fact that a partner (fiance) would begin to cheat with someone else as to the reason why you advocate for pre-marital sex. Correct me if am wrong. What will you advise your daughter if she asks you this (OP) question?
Kindly look at my post again and see the meaning behind the message there.

I'll advise my daughter to do whatever she believe is right.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
madridsta007:
#TeamAbstinenceTillMarriage

#TeamCelibateTillMarriage

#TeamWaitingForThatSpecialNight.

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by moststylish(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
queenfav:
True o,i did a divorce where the wife was knacking her husband's younger brother living with them in their matrimonial home.
my learned colleague
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Isaacmacdon(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
I see a deluded atheist talking trash. Abstinence is key. Your saying that "nobody practices abstinence" shows how disintegrated your mind is. This thread is dead on arrival. I just hope the populace can decide what's best for them. In this current time where formication is in our faces; Abstinence is key.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by delighteddell(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
I'll say it's an individual thing

If you can abstain from it, Great..you'll enjoy the rewards. If you can't, the good news is you'll also get the rewards...

1. Analyse the health and religious implications of either of them (Abstaining or not)
2. Make a list of some possible reactions u'll get from your peers if accidentally they get to know youre abstaining or not.
3. Weigh your results in 1 and 2.
4. EMPLOY THE SERVICE OF YOUR INSTINCT.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by doublefreez(m): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jamean:

and I put it to you that some people are so committed to abstinence that they don't even embrace/hug each other, talk less of kissing or pre-intimacy. It's just like saying it is impossible to be great and affluent in life without been through formal education at any time in life, and that if you investigate they probably dropped out of school at some point.

The fact that it seems impossible to you doesn't mean people have not totally abstained in the past even till this present terrible end time.

Ok bye. undecided

Thing is that It is widely practiced. I have a whole lot of first have experience on this. The only thing these guys dont do is penetrate. Only a few , really few do total abstenance.
A lot of us still advocate abstenance, even though we cant practice it.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
joseph1832:

Is this not post in question? undecided

joseph1832:
LOL. That's usually the message they preach to fool those who want to be fooled.

At times, even one of the couple is abstaining, the other might not be. I've seen this instance countless of times. That's why I'm a staunch advocate of pre-marital sex.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by PresVA: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage.
Those who claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.
There must be some exceptions though.
@bolded, you just contradicted yourself undecided

Op, whether realistic or not, the right and correct message has to be passed, those who want to abide by it will. ..

Eg, Should we now stop preaching against lies because almost everyone tells one form of lie or the other.. then adopt lying as a norm? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by rosy1992(f): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
There is always an exception out of every regularities.
Abstinence is the key.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by cliquevibes(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dats y it good 2 use condom

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by newnigerian: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
Gerara of here! I never touch my wife till we married and I know many others who have done so also.
The moral failure of the world cannot rewrite the Word.

Besides you save your self many troubles and reap peace and blessing if you abstain before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Does this mean that abstinence is not a realistic message? undecided
Some Church goers still go ahead to steal even after hearing the message against stealing. Does that means message against stealing is not a realistic message? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
joseph1832:

You definitely wouldn't have any problem with her bringing guys to your house to sleep with her. I am sure you wouldn't

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

Some Church goers still go ahead to steal even after hearing the message against stealing. Does that means message against stealing is not a realistic message? undecided

Maybe preaching against stealing is not the right message. cool
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobleking2000(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Stories we get from "Abstinence teachings" on social Media.
1. Help!!! My husband has a small ddick. What should I do?
2. Help!!! My Husband is a 1 minute man. He cannot satisfy me in bed. What should I do?
3. Help!!! My Wife does not like sex, I am tempted to go outside. What should I do?
4. Help!!! My Husband touches me once in 6 months since after our marriage. What should I do?
5. Help!!! My wife cries each time we make love. I am even afraid to touch her. What should I do?
6. Help!!! My husband has a weak eerection. I don't feel his ddick inside me. What should I do?
7. Help My wife is not Good in bed. She lies like a lug of wood. I don't enjoy sex with her . What should I do?
When you refused to check what your buying before you pay, please don't come to me for any silly advice. I have stopped contributing on threads on such topics for a very long time now.
Sexual compatibility is key to a successful marriage.
Be wise + Be smart
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Maybe preaching against stealing is not the right message. cool
And what do you think should be the right message?

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nobleking2000:

Stories we get from "Abstinence teachings" on social Media.
1. Help!!! My husband has a small ddick. What should I do?
2. Help!!! My Husband is a 1 minute man. He cannot satisfy me in bed. What should I do?
3. Help!!! My Wife does not like sex, I am tempted to go outside. What should I do?
4. Help!!! My Husband touches me once in 6 months since after our marriage. What should I do?
5. Help!!! My wife cries each time we make love. I am even afraid to touch her. What should I do?
6. Help!!! My husband has a weak eerection. I don't feel his ddick inside me. What should I do?
7. Help My wife is not Good in bed. She lies like a lug of wood. I don't enjoy sex with her . What should I do?
When you refused to check what your buying before you pay, please don't come to me for any silly advice. I have stopped contributing on threads on such topics for a very long time now.
Sexual compatibility is key to a successful marriage.
Be wise + Be smart

Really? Are you saying sexual compatible marriages don't have other issues? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by delighteddell(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
cliquevibes:
Dats y it good 2 use condom
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

And what do you think should be the right message?

That is the question. If preaching abstinence falls on deaf ears what then should be the right message? undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by happney65: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nonesense..Me wey i go still have Sex this evening..If you dont want to fuckkkk,dont have a Boyfriend..Sogboo.... omolola15 how far that babe jare..I even forget to ask you,any update?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

That is the question. If preaching abstinence falls on deaf ears what then should be the right message? undecided
I don't know what you are seeking bro. Help yourself and others with the right message. Thanks
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by omolola15(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
happney65:
Nonesense..Me wey i go still have Sex this evening..If you dont want to fuckkkk,dont have a Boyfriend..Sogboo.... omolola15 how far that babe jare..I even forget to ask you,any update?

She's still forming voltron jare.....
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by joseph1832(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is this not post in question? undecided

Yes that's the post, and who does that post relate to un faithfulness?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by joseph1832(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

You definitely wouldn't have any problem with her bringing guys to your house to sleep with her. I am sure you wouldn't
There's a time for everything.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by happney65: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
omolola15:

She's still forming voltron jare.....

Na Ogun dey wire her pussy.Tell her you dey come Apata next week sef,make you hear wetin she go talk..Say you get something to do around there..
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by eph12(m): 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
joseph1832:
There's a time for everything.
Yea right. Once she clocks 18 years she is allowed to take as much dick as possible. It's her life and she's old enough. She shouldn't even be scared of bringing them home. It's even better you supervise it so it doesn't get out of hand. Don't worry you're in line to being the best dad in the world.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by tete7000(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
"Is abstinence before marriage a realistic message?" Most people are going to have sex anyway, so why bother even teaching abstinence?

Many in the modern culture have declared that sexual morality is dead, that abstinence isn't realistic, but it is instead old-fashioned and outdated. Is abstinence before marriage even reasonable in today's "hook-up culture"?

Ask God who called fornication a sin, I am sure he will tell you with him all things are possible. Including ones people like you think are unrealistic. Of course without him, his laws become burden to man, though that doesnt make those law outdated.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Ghost447(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

It has a lot of advantages and no disadvantage
It certainly has a lot of advantages, but for you to say it has no disadvantages shows your age bracket.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abstinence is not only good before marriage because of its advanges like unwanted pregnancy and STDs prevention but as a Christian required by God.

It is possible if you are determined. I was able to do that before marriage because my wife to be also was determined so there was no one to tempt any one.

We both said no even when the spirit was willing and the flesh was weak. grin
So it takes determination from both partners so that one would not tempt the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / Spiritual Grace; Amazing Pictures! / Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Bars Church Members From Public Comments - PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.