Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! (4542 Views)

When Your Babe Shuns A Decent Mama Put Meal For An Expensive Eatery. / 10 Statements Ladies Often Make To Appear Decent Before Guys / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2009
Just one of those topics that "grounds" will be shifted till prostitution is defined as a white collar job.

Seriously now,i believe decency borders on moderation as perceived by each individual/group of people.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Just one of those topics that "grounds" will be shifted till prostitution is defined as a white collar job.

Seriously now,i believe decency borders on moderation as perceived by each individual/group of people.

undecided undecided undecided

Well, I think that makes sense!
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

I asked people's opinion, but why didn't you leave yours?

Just wanted to know the angle you're coming from before answering. You can't tell me you're totally clueless what it entails. tongue
Anyway, I judge indecency on character or habits or what you say, also the way you dress and how you present yourself.
Indecent people hate to be told they are not decent. I don't see people in shades of gray cheesy tongue. It's either you're black or white, hot or cold, no "inbetween". Nevertheless it's possible to be decent in an aspect of your life but indecent in another. Yeah, we are not perfect but we should not use that as a reason not to strive to perfection.
These days indecency has been substituted for self expression.
If you smoke, sorry that's an indecent habit. grin
If you cannot construe a single sentence without saying f**k, that's a straight ride on your path to indecency. grin
If you cannot dress according to the occassion at hand due to self expression, you're leaning on being crass and indecent. grin
If you just have to drink to stupor, sorry that's an indecent behavior. grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
Ujujoan:

If you are addicted to anything intoxicating, its indecent!

If you are not addicted to smoking, then why do it at all? undecided

There's a reason why smoking is considered an anti-social habit. There are 'no smoking' signs everywhere I turn to. Drinking's intoxicating, but its not anti-social!

Moderation or not, smoking is frowned on . . adddicted or not.

I wont want to date/marry a smoker. I wont want to intorduce a smoker to my family . . I'm not saying I wont ever smoke or I've never smoked, I'm just saying its not something I'll be proud of!
So if I'm not addicted to what's not intoxicating, then it's not indecent? OK! I still haven't found a reason smoking is an anti-social habit, and I believe the only reason smoking is detested is because of the risks it poses to health. You choose to smoke, and if you choose to be addicted to it, then it all borders to choice. . . . well, if choice now equals to indecency then I'll understand.

Smoking isn't allowed in public places because of young kids who get to try everything they see -- this is so understandable. So if I'm addictive to sex, am I indecent? Remember also that sex isn't meant for public eyes, and smoking just might fall a little along into this category.

And your last statement about not being a smoker or whatnot, that's a classic 'obamanian' answer grin grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
stillwater:

Just wanted to know the angle you're coming from before answering. You can't tell me you're totally clueless what it entails. tongue
Anyway, I judge indecency on character or habits or what you say, also the way you dress and how you present yourself.
Indecent people hate to be told they are not decent. I don't see people in shades of gray cheesy tongue. It's either you're black or white, hot or cold, no "inbetween". Nevertheless it's possible to be decent in an aspect of your life but indecent in another. Yeah, we are not perfect but we should not use that as a reason not to strive to perfection.
These days indecency has been substituted for self expression.
If you smoke, sorry that's an indecent habit. grin
If you cannot construe a single sentence without saying f**k, that's a straight ride on your path to indecency. grin
If you cannot dress according to the occassion at hand due to self expression, you're leaning on being crass and indecent. grin
If you just have to drink to stupor, sorry that's an indecent behavior. grin

Tell me if these are indecent too:

Going to church too much
Going to parties too much
Joke around too much
Getting upset at every little thing
Eating too much food at a time
Drinking too much water
Having too many boyfriends/girlfriends?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2009
The Seeker

are you ignoring my question in the culture section?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
if i decide to give my guy a beejay at a nigt party, wold you say that is indecent.

decency is an attempt at being polite when you want to do what really interests you

indecency is that thing that you do with yourselves that others frown at.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2009
tpia.:

The Seeker

are you ignoring my question in the culture section?
I didn't know there was any question waiting for me there. Is it on the OSUN thread?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

I didn't know there was any question waiting for me there. Is it on the OSUN thread?

yep

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Friend's Wedding Or Boyfriend's Birthday Get Together? / Is Seun Handsome? / MUST READ: The Shocking Truth About Being A 'too Nice' Person!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.