Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? (48594 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Feanah(f): 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2016
The women insulting OP, I just pray & pray & pray you get someone like this to stay with,then we'll see whether or not their attitude will annoy you.
OP jare don't mind the ones insulting you,just treat him as nice as you would a brother ;I understand how you feel,especially him dropping the plate he ate with when you're washing..so disrespectful.Sit him down and explain the daily chores you expect him to do , if he doesn't listen ...sit him down with your husband and talk to him again.
We've someone living with us too,infact my mum was the person who brought him,he wanted to do the same o but when he realized my mum wouldn't take it from him,he pulled himself together.We live peacefully together and he does his daily chores like he should.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by dprof2016: 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2016
If he is nt doing houz chores,u shld abandon dem den, dnt do dem
b'cox he dnt wants 2 help let's c hu wil get divorce amongst u 2.I dunno d problem wit al dese modern wives,if he z ur relative would u ve cum here 2 say al dese abt him?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
See attacking grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by paragon40(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
lolaluv1:
OP

Don't be carried away by the erroneous propaganda that it is because you are a woman, you don't want to see your in laws, you shouldn't want privacy, if it is your brother, wont you endure, bla bla bla. Me I don't blame you.

You have every right to want your privacy.
1. Your husband can go out all day if he wants and avoids the visitor. As such, he is still living his life.
You are the one stuck at home, with the boy's shitty attitude.

2. The boy sees you as a lesser being, so why should you happily cater to someone who does not appreciate your little efforts? Even our father in heaven wants us to thank him for his mercies. How much more we humans?
Is it too much to say: Aunty, thank you for this meal. Then go to the kichen and wash his plate?

3. The boy obviously lacks both home training and empathy. I remember then, I just graduated and visited an uncle of mine. I would sweep, wash and help babysit. I saw the kids cloths soaked and washed them.
It was when I saw they wanted to defeat my purpose of job-hunting by stopping me from going to the cafe to apply and baby sit, that I now left.

MEN ARE EVEN WORSE, WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR IN LAWS STAYING.
That is when you hear:"But I just bought Milk. How come its finished". "Haaaaaa, soup finished. Again?"
Sometimes, they will even disappear without food in the house.
Making you feel like your sibling has finished consuming all the food in the house.

Before you know it, they start carrying face, staying out late or misbehaving till your sibling finds his/her square root.
Even you sef can be the one to tell your sibling: "Can you see how my husband is behaving, please it seems like you will go home for now.
And your sibling will go without grudges as he wants your home to work.
Meanwhile your sibling 99%of the time would assist with chores, unlike his sibling who is coming to give you more work and probably spy on the house to go back and tell his people.
tongue

hahaha this got me cracking (soup has finished again, but i just bought milk) damn funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
I never esperred it grin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
ststyreal:

If the boy like, make him senior me hundred times, e no concern me, since him no no the right thing to do, I go teach am nawwww, abi, wetin you say make I do. If him go continue to dey stay with me, I go tell am wetin him go dey do for the house and if him refuse, na to show am say, na me get my house, person no go poor come add witch join nam for me. I don tell you wetin me go fit do. Seniority no dey for this one. Respect is reciprocal and if person behave like a child you treat am like a child. Na my own I talk so, full stop.......

See this woman ooo.....Na you get your house....yan yan yan yan yan ..since the husband that brought him isn't complaining....wetin be your own....because say ur family dey feed am now...e gaz turn house help.....ure very funny....no be by force nao...the only person that has the right to compel him to do anything is the husband...and since the husband decides to say nothing ...he's cool with the guy. ...if her body dey hot make she jump enta pool.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Adex097: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Aunty Rose, why not meet me personally and pour out your mind instead of tabling my matter before Nairaland angry. Anyways, ah wee start packing my things first thing tomorrow morning sad. I thank you and uncle for the hospitality.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Feanah(f): 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by iWise(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
The OP appears to be an easy going person, who abhors confrontation. From the little info available, the guy knows this and is foolishly taking advantage of her "niceness". Under the given circumstances, the best person to solve this problem is the lady's husband, not her. Because that dude has no respect for her and any confrontation between her and the dude can get ugly very quickly.

Madam, if your husband can afford to pay the dude's house rent for a couple of semesters, I suggest you try to convince him to do so. No point getting all worked up over his lazy ass.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Frankicent(m): 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
his is name Maxwell or Chukwuyem
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by lordkhalifa(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?
op u want advice right used this snipper if u were caught in the act, blame bughari

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
''A goalkeeper's saves is not counted rather the missed is counted''op you'r sounding like as if there is no single contribtion from him. A single flaw of him can be corrected maturely and not making the little one obvious.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Calebosko(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rossy99:
Am even ready to accomodate him cos i knw his family is not financially buoyant to get accomodation for him while still in skul,i expect him not go beyond his limit but he refuse.he is not d 1st person dt wud stay wit us.He is now causing division btw i nd hubby cos dey see me as d bad person,wen he want to get money frm hubby he wait till am out or go to meet him at d gate,is not that i do ask him not to give him.even wen he see dt i av wash all d dirty dishes in d kitchen,is he not suppose to wash d one he jst used in eating,he drop it nd i still go to wash it without saying anytin.i dnt knw wat he expect me to do again.he see me as a subordinate dat can't authorise him to do anytin
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Calebosko(m): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rossy99:
Am even ready to accomodate him cos i knw his family is not financially buoyant to get accomodation for him while still in skul,i expect him not go beyond his limit but he refuse.he is not d 1st person dt wud stay wit us.He is now causing division btw i nd hubby cos dey see me as d bad person,wen he want to get money frm hubby he wait till am out or go to meet him at d gate,is not that i do ask him not to give him.even wen he see dt i av wash all d dirty dishes in d kitchen,is he not suppose to wash d one he jst used in eating,he drop it nd i still go to wash it without saying anytin.i dnt knw wat he expect me to do again.he see me as a subordinate dat can't authorise him to do anytin
woman,i understand what ur goin tru,av been tru it before,mine was my workplace asking me to permit him to stay with me,he knws that if i send him away,they wil tag me a bad person,n i deal with him with a political mind,what u wil do is to make d house uncomfortable to him on a polite way,politicaly,or u ask ur husband to marry him,who knws ur huby might be gay,if he is not a gay,he wil realy felt ur absent and tink twice,remember d rule"be nice to those who are nice to u"fight ur fears,dnt mind what people think if ur not comfortable with somthing
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by yeyeboi(m): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tel the boy to come and explain his own side of this matter una go see sey him own yannings go different cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by stuntman007: 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
greatgod2012:

ko le to yen!
This life is very simple!
And the world is a global village.

He needs your help now doesn't mean you can't need his help in the future.

It may even be your children that he will render help to in the nearest future.

We shouldn't use today to destroy our tomorrow.

Instead of making life miserable to him, speak out your mind to him, ask him if he too can accept what he's doing to you from another person. Not with screaming or cursing or throwing tantrums but maturely and patiently.

Remember, nobody is totally bad!

My dear, I don't know what your brand of drink is, pls go to the nearest bar and order. I promise to pay.

You are so mature with your advice and it shows you are a good WIFE material.

100yards!!!
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by JayJustus(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
SOLUTION

nobody should live in your matrimonial home...be it from either the man or womans side...they tend to cause katakata one way or the other...live as a nuclear family!!!

this bullshyte is how I solved most issues in our house...keep all relatives distant and watch peace RETURN... it's not rocket science it's MAGIC...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by bikefab(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
Get a househelp...gaskia!
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by nuelzz04(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
fellis:
Is the boy an id!ot?

How can a jobless person be complaining about the food he is given while living under another persons roof and not even doing anything to assist in the house, my God people like that irritate me. What does he think he is? A king that came to your house to be pampered? At least he should help with something to show you and your husband gratitude for taking care of him instead of just sitting around from morning till evening asking for more food.

What a lousy human being.

OP next time you and he and your husband eat on the same table or in the same room make sure you pile his plate of food very high to like twice or three times the amount you give your husband, if your husband says its too much tell him politely the boy is always complaining that you don't give him enough food so you want to make sure you serve him enough henceforth.

Do it like four times in the presence of your husband and unless he is a millionaire that has money to throw away he will call the boy and caution him on his eating habits.
u r very quick to judge ....der r always 3 sides to a story her side ...his side n d truth ....u heard one side n u passed judgment angry
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by blackpanther25(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
dprof2016:
If he is nt doing houz chores,u shld abandon dem den, dnt do dem
b'cox he dnt wants 2 help let's c hu wil get divorce amongst u 2.I dunno d problem wit al dese modern wives,if he z ur relative would u ve cum here 2 say al dese abt him?

This has nothing to do with modernity. He has been given free accomodation and food and he can at least clean up after himself. If he was at hostel who would be washing his plate and fetching water for him? Is the women is wife or age mate that he feels entitled to same benefits?

Honestly am not one for nonsense. If someone was behaving that way in my house and after speaking to him, there was still no difference then he needs to gp and stay in hostel.

When you are living with some one else you generally go out of your way to not make them get fed up with you and if a simple thing like cleaning after yourself is too hard then i really don't know.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by ststyreal(f): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
Freiden:

See this woman ooo.....Na you get your house....yan yan yan yan yan ..since the husband that brought him isn't complaining....wetin be your own....because say ur family dey feed am now...e gaz turn house help.....ure very funny....no be by force nao...the only person that has the right to compel him to do anything is the husband...and since the husband decides to say nothing ...he's cool with the guy. ...if her body dey hot make she jump enta pool.
Taaaaaa! Forget that thing. Which husband get only the right? Wetin be marriage? It simply means 1+1 equals to one. God forbid make I marry another person husband, as far as say na my husband I marry, na wetin I like, him go follow me like and na so e go be for him own case too. A total stranger no go come inconvenience me for my house and u say make I swallow am, na lie, e no fit work. Na my house him come and since wey him no wan behave himself then, i go show am the way. Bible say anything wey go hinder you from entering the kingdom of God, make you cut am throw way. So my brother, don't let us drag this issue, am honestly stating what I would do, even though I fervently pray not to experience such in my home but peace is paramount for a fruitful and a happy family and whatever that would hinder such should be jointly dealt with by the couple.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by nwamehn: 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Op, in order to stop appearing like the bad one as u claimed here, just ask ur husband that u need a house help to be helping out in the chores so that u won't have to mind whether the stupid boy sweeps house or washes plates or not. As for his complaint about food not being enough, pls, if the money is there, always dish out enough food for him, God has a reason for placing u in the position that u would be able to help people. Don't just mind the boy so that u won't start having issues with ur husband for no meaningful reason as u claimed. Leave him, he never see anything for this life.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Feanah(f): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
delishpot:

It is a shame how men are not helping the younger men grow up to be responsible. Why allow your wife to be treated like shit in her own house? Many of the twisted men talking down on this woman would be the first to cry blood if their wife's brother does this type of shit to them.
You think being a wife and mother is easy? Why not sit at home and do the easy chores and,let your wife go do that very difficult work outside the home?
Anyway, I blame the Op for seeking advice on Nl where most of the people are kids in their teenage years. Who are happy to be lazy and believe marriage is for women to do as they are told and not complain.
Op, go seek advice from some mature person who you trust abeg.

As in,you know this. The way some people reply to posts,You'll think they're 11 or 12...very immature and insensitive

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by lolaluv1(f): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
paragon40:
hahaha this got me cracking (soup has finished again, but i just bought milk) damn funny.

But you know it is true.
But nobody wants to talk about it.

It is the woman's own people always talk about....wink
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Sankabson(m): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oh Allah, Please bless me so I can take good care of my family. So my family won't stay with this kind of people for any reason.

Op, You need to get a maid. And for those advising you wrongly, I bet most them are still living with their parents or just finished Uni. They have little or no experience of life.

Sanusi.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Feanah(f): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
bikefab:
Get a househelp...gaskia!
That's if the husband can afford getting one now
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Organs(m): 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
can you imagine the rubbish angry if I were you I would make his life miserable until he leaves angry

Rossy99 do not listen to "crazyquinn" oh?? She is crazy already and no condition is permanent Be nice to him do your part, its not forever and we are only hearing your part. I also lived with people growing up at some point and some were like Crazyquinn, unnecessarily mean, now i send the family $$ and the wife is always ashamed cos she sabi as she treat me back then, but i am not bothered, it was good training, i survived, the husband was an excellent and good man and now they all need help and i see it as God placing me in a position to assist so i do assist wella. conclusively, GEJ, IBB etc lived with family members growing up now see them today.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by banzuz(m): 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry

See your name, crazy quinn... you type pf wife ehn, i cant keep.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by banzuz(m): 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
how can you allow your in law to stay with you for a year? There will be no privacy and he will be involved into their private affairs. Would you like your in-law to be involved with you and your wife's private affairs. So what's the point of getting married then

I see you like a lot of private affairs ... affairs minister, your kind of wife i need to change bed every year...
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by kid7soccer(m): 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Come oooo when them marry u i dash am give una as wedding gift. dear If u can't leave with him pls send him away sharp sharp, na so monkey dey take style grow long hand oooo. Also let ur hubby no u can't take it any more. Tell ur hubby to get the guy his own place or let him stay in the hostel. I no marry i and ur hubby together na haba
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Bizibi(m): 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rossy99:
He is not even an inlaw or relative,hubby nd his father attend dsame church back den
you say wetin!!!!oya time Don reach fr the boy to sit up or leave.....shuuu!!!! 1 yr....una try.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Organs(m): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
lordkhalifa:
op u want advice right used this snipper if u were caught in the act, blame bughari

lordKhalifa: You might take it as a joke but you dont know how crazy some people are or how they think and reason, just today on NL, one man in Akura lured his girlfriend into the bush and killed her and said he cant explain what came over him, ... just remember that someone might read this and actually carry it out cos you dont know what people are going through in their mind and head and You might end up having blood on your hands because of a stupid joke.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ajibola And Adeboye Taiwo And Their Sextuplets (Photos) / Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.