Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism (10375 Views)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Deicide: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is there an increment , you lost 3 atheists to Christianity in the space of 2 months and gained only HCpaul cheesy . Considering Christ is a recourse to the atheist delusion , many atheists would abjure their disbelief in Him .
We didn't loose 3 atheist cause they where never atheist in the first. How did U know Hcpaul is now an atheist and was never an Atheist b4?? Answer this an ull get Ur answer
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

I disagree, First, complexity of something doesnt mean it was designed (an example would be Life).

Second, how can you assume a conscious creator for the universe when you have a sample of just one. its like seeing one snowflake and because of its beautifully structured crystalline shape assume that it was designed by a conscious creator. The argument doesnt hold, you would need to have a larger sample before claiming such a claim

So snowflakes are as complex as all we see around us?
Why do you people choose simple occurences like sand dunes and snow flakes to discredit God's infinite power?

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Deicide:

We didn't loose 3 atheist cause they where never atheist in the first. How did U know Hcpaul is now an atheist and was never an Atheist b4?? Answer this an ull get Ur answer
Is that even a reasonable question?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Deicide: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You gave yourself away so so cheaply . The "bubble maker" is eternal , precluding infinite regression . The existence of the "bubble maker" explains why life and the universe are intelligently designed .

Imagine the "bubble maker" being present ab aeterno do you think his creator would be required ?
Intelligently Designed? Are U kidding me? U see why U never learn??
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I decided to single this one out as the others held no importance.

Life in all its supposed randomness is still a product of our purpose and deliberate choices. Life (experiences, the world in the context of beauty, motion, transformation) cannot exist without us acting on it. Life isnt complex its just a collection of choices and errors!

I wasnt talking about life in terms of society, i was talking about Life in terms of biology...

And moreover you can only say that about human life not the rest of 99.9999% of life that lives today which stresses my point even further, we never see intelligence or purpose anywhere in other species, plants, planets e.t.c only humans.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Deicide: 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Is that even a reasonable question?
Yes it is answer it and ull get Ur answer
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me add to this . Atheist websites have experienced a massive decline in traffic over the last 4 years . This is congruent to winner01's thread " 3 Bad Trends for the atheist"
Atheists wont like this grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Thank you for being honest with the first answer now to my second and last question;
What do you do for a living and why?

I am a software engineer and i love it...

but i dont see how that relates to the universe having a purpose!
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

we never see intelligence or purpose anywhere in other species, plants, planets e.t.c only humans.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
So snowflakes are as complex as all we see around us?
Why do you people choose simple occurences like sand dunes and snow flakes to discredit God's infinite power?

How many complex things do we see around us apart for life(which we all know wasnt designed) and Artificially made things??
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
author=donnffd post=48735120]

I wasnt talking about life in terms of society, i was talking about Life in terms of biology...

And moreover you can only say that about human life not the rest of 99.9999% of life that lives today which stresses my point even further, we never see intelligence or purpose anywhere in other species, plants, planets e.t.c only humans.
[/quote]

So there is no intelligence in plants and no purpose?

Do you eat rocks? Do you breathe carbon dioxide? Do you

The clothes you wear are gotten from what?

The furniture you use is from what?

The medicine doctors use are from what?

Rubber is from what?

The nutrition your body makes use of is from what?

Do you still believe plants serve no purpose and have no intelligence?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

I asked 2 questions..i said what do you do for a living and why?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

True, i agree...The cause can be an accident or deliberate.

So which is more rational ?

I disagree, First, complexity of something doesnt mean it was designed (an example would be Life).

If you are suggesting evolution , it does not preclude design . Phones , laptops , Cameras all evolved into what they are today evidently orchestrated by intelligence .

Second, how can you assume a conscious creator for the universe when you have a sample of just one. its like seeing one snowflake and because of its beautifully structured crystalline shape assume that it was designed by a conscious creator. The argument doesnt hold, you would need to have a larger sample before claiming such a claim

The snowflake argument is banal , it fails to recognize that the snowflake is a product of natural processes . Nature is designed by a creator .

Still conjecture, no evidence to support your claim...

What evidence are you talking about ? If you mean showing you the creator as evidence then religion will be involved .

Arriving at a conclusion from a faulty premise would obviously give you a faulty conclusion.

The argument that God does not exist stems from the absence of a supposed contrary evidence . There is no proof yours is the right conclusion
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

How many complex things do we see around us apart for life([size=15pt]which we all know wasnt designed[/size]) and Artificially made things??
Do you really need an answer undecided
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I asked 2 questions..i said what do you do for a living and why?

its like you dont read the posts before you reply

donnffd:

is that not your answer

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

its like you dont read the posts before you reply

is that not your answer

So you are a software engineer just for the purpose of being one? Or you felt you could be a solution since you "love it"
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So there is no intelligence in plants and no purpose?

Do you eat rocks? Do you breathe carbon dioxide? Do you

The clothes you wear are gotten from what?

The furniture you use is from what?

The medicine doctors use are from what?

Rubber is from what?

The nutrition your body makes use of is from what?

Do you still believe plants serve no purpose and have no intelligence?

A toadpole lives in a gutter, reproduces, and dies in the gutter...it cant imagine a life without it...does that mean that the gutter was designed for it?

A Mountain lion lives in the mountain, reproduces and dies in the mountain...it cant imagine a life without the mountain, does that mean the mountain was there because of the lion?

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

You are a software engineer and you don't see how this validates the existence of a creator .

Evolution is used in software engineering to meet the constantly changing requirements of a customer and according to your sense of reasoning , this means you as the programmer does not exist . undecided

How far you na

With your logic , automated systems preclude the existence of a creator undecided

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by felixomor: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Anybody who cant even see purpose in his own anatomy is willfully blind.

Please the person should tell us a better position for his anus located perfectly central behind his bums?

Which other positioon would have been best for the anus?

Apart from dry season and rainy seasons, what other seasons could have been better for human existence?

Apart from our current compound ecosystem, which other way would the ecosystem have functioned best?

I can see its very easy to be blind.. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So which is more rational ?

its like asking, my future first grandchild would be either a male or a female, which is more rational?

If you are suggesting evolution , it does not preclude design . Phones , laptops , Cameras all evolved into what they are today evidently orchestrated by intelligence .

Evolution is a topic for another thread, but cameras and phones dont reproduce, life does and the fact that we can see something complex come all by itself without the input from any designer obviously breaks the logic that complex things always need a designer.

The snowflake argument is banal , it fails to recognize that the snowflake is a product of natural processes . Nature is designed by a creator .

Again, Faulty conclusion from a faulty premise, you still havent established that Nature was designed.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So you are a software engineer just for the purpose of being one? Or you felt you could be a solution since you "love it"

In a court of law, my lawyer would have shouted "objection, whats the point?"

We are getting too personal and i am wondering how it relates to the universe having a purpose
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

A toadpole lives in a gutter, reproduces, and dies in the gutter...it cant imagine a life without it...does that mean that the gutter was designed for it?

A Mountain lion lives in the mountain, reproduces and dies in the mountain...it cant imagine a life without the mountain, does that mean the mountain was there because of the lion?

The difference is that the tadpole and the lion see their respective locations as habitable due to favorable conditions and serve its PURPOSE (safety, peace and quiet, availability of food, e.t.c). The tadpole and lion are also a part of a larger number of creatures who by purpose need each other to survive.....A tadpole grows to a frog who lives in the gutter and lays eggs, the frog is food for other larger creature who are in turn food for other larger creatures and some of these larger creatures help sustain the particular food the lion would eat and the lion in turn increases in number and helps keep certain species in check numerically.....Even kids know about the CIRCLE OF LIFE grin grin

To each there is a purpose.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are a software engineer and you don't see how this validates the existence of a creator .

Evolution is used in software engineering to meet the constantly changing requirements of a customer and according to your sense of reasoning , this means you as the programmer does not exist . undecided

How far you na

With your logic , automated systems preclude the existence of a creator undecided

Stop equating human-made things with Life, Nature and the Universe...things dont generally become better because there is a purpose or plan behind it, things just happen.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

its like asking, my future first grandchild would be either a male or a female, which is more rational?

Nope , its not .

Evolution is a topic for another thread, but cameras and phones dont reproduce, life does and the fact that we can see something complex come all by itself without the input from any designer obviously breaks the logic that complex things always need a designer.

What gave life the propensity to evolve
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

In a court of law, my lawyer would have shouted "objection, whats the point?"

We are getting too personal and i am wondering how it relates to the universe having a purpose

You said you are a software engineer because you "love it". Ok let me stop right there!

This love for software engineering is it not a purpose for the entire job in the first place? If you hated it would you do it? Even if you hated it and still did it, it would mean that there is a higher purpose you have to serve even if you hate the job and do not agree with the terms.. e.g

You could be a software engineer for a company that pays you 100k and you know other companies pay 500k but since you have no offer from such higher paying companies you are forced albeit unhappily to still do the job why? You have needs, you have bills, you have responsibilities...

Without purpose there would be no motivation

without motivation there would be no going forward

without going forward there would be no discoveries

without discoveries there would be no essence to life and no development hence no knowledge

which brings us back full circle to why you love software engineering...

do you follow? cheesy

Remember you already said you are part of the universe which to you just happened and serves no purpose. So why would you break the supposed universal purposelessness and have purpose if the same universe serves no purpose whatsoever?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is there an increment , you lost 3 atheists to Christianity in the space of 2 months and gained only HCpaul cheesy . Considering Christ is a recourse to the atheist delusion , many atheists would abjure their disbelief in Him .
Name the atheists.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

Stop equating human-made things with Life, Nature and the Universe...things dont generally become better because there is a purpose or plan behind it, things just happen.

Lol .You are rejecting this because of you are an atheist .
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The difference is that the tadpole and the lion see their respective locations as habitable due to favorable conditions and serve its PURPOSE (safety, peace and quiet, availability of food, e.t.c). The tadpole and lion are also a part of a larger number of creatures who by purpose need each other to survive.....A tadpole grows to a frog who lives in the gutter and lays eggs, the frog is food for other larger creature who are in turn food for other larger creatures and some of these larger creatures help sustain the particular food the lion would eat and the lion in turn increases in number and helps keep certain species in check numerically.....Even kids know about the CIRCLE OF LIFE grin grin

To each there is a purpose.

Clap for yourself...

so the lion and tadpole see the locations as habitable due to favorable conditions but humans are not allowed to see the air, and the plants we eat as part of favorable conditions also?, we are not allowed to also be part of the circle of life (in which by the way we are)?, why cant the dog or the cat say the purpose of humans existing is for us to take care of them?, why cant the plants say the purpose of humans existing is for us to produce CO2 for them to live longer?...

You see, you can label purpose on anything that is beneficial to any entity, but that doesnt mean that was the real purpose or whether there was a purpose at all in the first place...

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Weah96: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The ordinary Nigerian needs Christianity to survive. Otherwise he or she will commit suicide. But I don't see why that is a good thing for anyone other than the political leaders and pastors. The country is a cesspool of engrained corruption and degraded infrastructure to go along with it. Life for the ordinary Nigerian is tough and difficult, not unlike the life of a Syrian currently living in Aleppo, Syria.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

But some factitious creations of man were gotten by emulating nature . E.g robotics , artificial intelligence

Man describes his emulations as intelligently designed but rejects what is being emulated as intelligent designed ? That's blatant dishonesty !
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What gave life the propensity to evolve

Evolution, bro... Read up on it...
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You said you are a software engineer because you "love it". Ok let me stop right there!

This love for software engineering is it not a purpose for the entire job in the first place? If you hated it would you do it? Even if you hated it and still did it, it would mean that there is a higher purpose you have to serve even if you hate the job and do not agree with the terms.. e.g

You could be a software engineer for a company that pays you 100k and you know other companies pay 500k but since you have no offer from such higher paying companies you are forced albeit unhappily to still do the job why? You have needs, you have bills, you have responsibilities...

Without purpose there would be no motivation

without motivation there would be no going forward

without going forward there would be no discoveries

without discoveries there would be no essence to life and no development hence no knowledge

which brings us back full circle to why you love software engineering...

do you follow? cheesy

Remember you already said you are part of the universe which to you just happened and serves no purpose. So why would you break the supposed universal purposelessness and have purpose if the same universe serves no purpose whatsoever?

Because we evolved to have intentionality doesnt mean intentions is an intrinsic part of the universe...Infact it is obvious that we are the only species and Natural objects so far that we know of that have intentions, Intentions are not common in the universe, so how can you make that big leap to saying the universe should now have intentions because we have it and we are part of it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Most Effective Way Of Preaching The Gospel? / Your Best Gospel Songs / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.