Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God (9189 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MadCow1: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
Okay my religious people in the house...

I have been an atheist for more than 7 years now after spending a big chunk of me life running from my shadow..

But I'm not close minded to the idea of god.. Please give me one good reason why you think I should go back to believing god.

And please have in mind that you are trying to convince someone that applies or try really hard to apply logic or common knowledge to everything he does. So don't bring the faith mumbo jumbo..
I not gona have faith or believed that swallowing a stone would cure head ache unless the person proves it. grin

Thanks.

Waiting...... No trolls please.

OP... Like Ada Pidggin said, If you don't have faith, then you can't believe.. If you can't believe, then you can't be religious.

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly - therefore there is no faith here. . . You are very sure of it.

Your tiny bit of doubt on panadol is derived from the fact that it's effectiveness is not consistent and also differs according to distinct anatomy - so there is uncertainty in this regard.

Exercising faith means you have lingering doubts on the actuality of the subject, unsure and uncertain but believe it anyway.

That is the effect of superstition and superstition is a tool fueled by ignorance in the face of awe striking events.
lol.. I understand your point, but you don't seem to understand mine.

There is no lingering doubt that panadol will cure head ache.. It is programmed to cure head aches.. But certainly will not cure head ache.. But doesn't mean panadol doesn't cure head aches..

So they should give me something amazing to kick start the faith like the one I have in panadol.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Only uninformed people say things like this. Israel stands because of the West. While we must admit that they are some of the most intelligent people on Earth, it's simply crazy to think that any supernatural force is what is keeping them, especially not with the kind of crimes against humanity they commit regularly. They exist and thrive by the benevolence of the West, remove the West and watch the Arabs devour Israel.

But the West has been victims of series of attacks, yet none targeted at Isreal despite extreme hate from the Arabs.

Isreal has supernatural cover, no one can dare attack without baring severe consequences.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Proof of what exactly?
I have a chicken here that can talk like humans after a session of faith healing..

What will you say next?

You have someone that has his or her genotype changed through faith healing

What do you expect me to say next?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Iniquity was what they did. They killed each other, sacriced their own children to idols, kidnapped, raped, molested, worshipped idols, prostitution, adultery, homosexuality, you name it, they did it.

This was what they forced a moral God to behold consistently hence HE dealt with them accordingly after several warnings
lol

You do realize I wasn't talking about bible Israelite?

I was talking about world war 2 Israelites.. That's 1942
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
I have a chicken here that can talk like humans after a session of faith healing..

What will you say next?

You have someone that has his or her genotype changed through faith healing

What do you expect me to say next?
Are you saying that these things do not happen or that you want me to bring the person to you? What EXACTLY do you want?

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

But the West has been victims of series of attacks, yet none targeted at Isreal despite extreme hate from the Arabs.

Isreal has supernatural cover, no one can dare attack without baring severe consequences.
But this supernatural cover allows them to kill innocent Palestines by the thousands?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by winner01(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Supernatural occurences; faith healing etc. They can't all possibly be stage-managed. With their ubiquity, chances are that some of them are actually real events.
God wont let you go my brother wink.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2016
winner01:
God wont let you go my brother wink.
Hmm...
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
But this supernatural cover allows them to kill innocent Palestines by the thousands?

If innocent Palestinians are killed it's not deliberate
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
lol

You do realize I wasn't talking about bible Israelite?

I was talking about world war 2 Israelites.. That's 1942

I know, and I stated the reasons already
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

If innocent Palestinians are killed it's not deliberate
SMH
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by freshcvvs: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Isreal is the only middle- eastern country without Islam as the prevalent religion yet it is the strongest amongst them, ask yourself what is behind it. The Jews virtually control American economy, how is this so? Don't you think there is something supernatural about this? I will like to see you explain this based on logic

Wrong!

Israel is for Judaism not Christianity.

Don't mix things up.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

Wrong!

Don't mix things up.
Leave her. She does not even realize that Israelis laugh at people who regard Jesus as their Messiah.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

Wrong!

Don't mix things up.

But we serve the same God why shouldn't I?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Owliver(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

same supernatural power isn't stopping the Palestinian Intifada(knife attack) against Israel. pls stop with all these supernatural bullshits. Israel are technologically superior and with the aid of the west. nothing supernatural there.

if you want to see supernatural go watch Merlin or Avatar season movie

you have been conquered(brainwashed) by the Jewish myths.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by freshcvvs: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Leave her. She does not even realize that Israelis laugh at people who regard Jesus as their Messiah.

Funny to read her say " they serve the same God", yet the Jews killed Jesus the cornerstone of christianity and up till today do not believe in him.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by freshcvvs: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Their idea of "God" is closer to the Muslim God than "Christian" God. I hope you know this?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by hopefuLandlord: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2016
So you don't burn for eternity

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Owliver(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

the Bible says anyone who does not believe in Christ will rot in hell fire.

therefore, according to the holy scripture Jews will rot in hell fire. Jews are evil, Jews are of Satan.

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Owliver(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

Funny to read her say " they serve the same God", yet the Jews killed Jesus the cornerstone of christianity and up till today do not believe in him.
her own brainwash is sooo strong.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you saying that these things do not happen or that you want me to bring the person to you? What EXACTLY do you want?

Chicken don't talk right ?
Its imposibble for chicken to talk.
Likewise its impossible for blood type to magically change.

If you have seen it before, please bring verifiable proof.
Then if its real, then your own version of god is real and will believe him.

Till then,

Proof or..... You know the rest wink
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 10:27am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:

Chicken don't talk right ?
Its imposibble for chicken to talk.
Likewise its impossible for blood type to magically change.

If you have seen it before, please bring verifiable proof.
Then if its real, then your own version of god is real and will believe him.

Till then,

Proof or..... You know the rest wink
What proof would suffice? The only proof such a person can show you are the before and after test results; but you'd claim that they were doctored. So I ask again, what proof would suffice?

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

I know, and I stated the reasons already
so god sent hitler, to kill all the Jews for the same crime every race, tribe and clan of the world were guilty of at that time?
And what did Polack ever do to god that he sent Hitler to kill them too?

Shouldn't his business be with the Jews?

And you haven't told me why he stopped and how it will make me go back to god.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MadCow1: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2016
cool

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What proof would suffice? The only proof such a person can show you are the before and after test results; but you'd claim that they were doctored. So I ask again, what proof would suffice?
thats why i said can the person do it again
That's the proof I needed but you seem not to understand.

It can happen again right?

Or god cannot perform such miracle again?

We have a lot of verifiable SS Christians faith filled christians around.

Let him do it again.. This time with proper documentations to eliminate doubts.

Or better still, the aged long quest.. Let pastor grow amputated legs back.. Then watch me return to God with the speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
thats why i said can the person do it again
That's the proof I needed but you seem not to understand.

It can happen again right?

Or god cannot perform such miracle again?

We have a lot of verifiable SS Christians faith filled christians around.

Let him do it again.. This time with proper documentations to eliminate doubts.

Or better still, the aged long quest.. Let pastor grow amputated legs back.. Then watch me return to God with the speed of light.
While I admit that this may not be replicable under controlled conditions for reasons I am not sure of, it does not negate the fact that the initial event took place. Or does it?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
While I admit that this may not be replicable under controlled conditions for reasons I am not sure of, it does not negate the fact that the initial event took place. Or does it?
well, it negates such thing ever happening.. (That's where the law impossibility kicks in grin)

Its impossible "emphasis on impossible" for chicken to talk because it doesn't have all the necessary vocal stuff it needed to talk like human just like its impossible for 2+2 to be 5..

Its impossible for SS blood type to magically turn to AA without the involvement of some scientific method.

Such event never took place. Blood type didn't change.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
well, it negates such thing ever happening.. (That's where the law impossibility kicks in grin)

Its impossible "emphasis on impossible" for chicken to talk because it doesn't have all the necessary vocal stuff it needed to talk like human just like its impossible for 2+2 to be 5..

Its impossible for SS blood type to magically turn to AA without the involvement of some scientific method.

Such event never took place. Blood type didn't change.
Are you saying that non-replicable events do not occur?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you saying that non-replicable events do not occur?
if any impossible event occur, we need proof or it didn't happen.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
if any impossible event occur, we need proof or it didn't happen.
I did not say impossible. Non-replicable.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Benikuuse(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
faith comes when there is proof init?
People won't believe in Jesus if he didn't perform miracles right?

Please give me something to kick start this faith..

I have faith that panadol will cure head ache Cos I have seen it cure head ache before..

Now answer the question.
Bro stop giving people headache here. if you made up your life to worship God just do it. because on the last day you will need nobody's proof that there is hell

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? / Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.