Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351519 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by frankcris(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

cry Thank u

thought it was an update...

anyway just came across this;

If you can write, or you know someone who writes, I thought it'd be nice if I let you know about the

*Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2017* organised by The Commonwealth Foundation

It's basically an award for short fiction, and the topic could be on anything.

The prize is £2,500 for regional winners and £5,000 for the overall winner

2,000 words minimum; 5,000 words maximum

The deadline is 1st November 2016

Visit www.commonwealthwriters.org for more details

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

Lemme just die ..... somebody call 911

hubby wats ur name? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2016
Jesus! I was banned (literature section) like three times for God knows what. I must have broken rule number 17. Make I rest in this new plot before I read the new updates

#sleeping#
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2016
frankcris:

thought it was an update...

anyway just came across this;

If you can write, or you know someone who writes, I thought it'd be nice if I let you know about the

*Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2017* organised by The Commonwealth Foundation

It's basically an award for short fiction, and the topic could be on anything.

The prize is £2,500 for regional winners and £5,000 for the overall winner

awww oshey gan. updates loading.........

2,000 words minimum; 5,000 words maximum

The deadline is 1st November 2016

Visit www.commonwealthwriters.org for more details

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:41am On Oct 13, 2016
yorhmienerd:
She is with me. Fear not, just for few days, you get your bibi back.

must you reveal our little secret? bad belle tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

hubby wats ur name? embarassed

Is what he said true?

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

must you reveal our little secret? bad belle tongue embarassed
It's official; Bibi is now cheating on me shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:32am On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

Is what he said true?

angry wen u too no want do normal nko, mabinu, gimme ur name joor kiss

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 11:58am On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

You just broke my heart a day after my birthday shocked sobs sobs sobs...... crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

Ade is the name

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Crusherdaniels(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
tongue keep wondering when I'll see the face behind the brain behind this triller tongue

4 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Tunechi1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

Ade is the name
haaaa bibi is sheeting on you after all the suffer u have suffer haaaa!!!! yeeee!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tunechi1:
haaaa bibi is sheeting on you after all the suffer u have suffer haaaa!!!! yeeee!!!!

See my life outside oooooooooooo; abeg Limme make I juzz die

A
Y
A
F

D
I
E

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Tunechi1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

A Y A F

D I E
pls don't die

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
Dedicated to milky3, mamindy, jagugu88li and skarlett

*Continues*

Tomi

Kelvin picked me up the next morning and we went to see his father at the hospital. I was surprised to hear that Miss Maggie was the termite that had been eating up the whole family. For a second, i felt sorry for her. I wondered how she was coping in the dark cage. She must have felt so desperate and helpless for her to murder Jennifer Nwosu. We walked into the hospital building, as my mother-in law- to -be was coming out for fresh air.

“Good morning Ma”

“Good morning Mom”

“How are you my children?”

“We are fine Mom” Kelvin replied.

“Why did you bring your fiancée here? You know she need to rest, all this stress is not good for the baby” She said with concern.

“I am fine ma, i had enough rest yesterday” i replied.

“Pele. How’s that cut on your head?. Hope the pain has gone down a bit?” She asked.

“I took some pain killers and antibiotics. I don’t feel any pain. How is daddy?”

“He’s awake now, he even had his breakfast. The doctors said he should be able to go home in a couple of days” She replied.

“Ok Mom. Where were you going?” Kelvin asked his mother.

“I wanted to buy airtime. Linda called me. She couldn’t find Victoria. Wasn’t she at Tosin’s place?”

“No, mom. I know where she is. I will be back soon” He kissed me on the cheek, before walking away.

“Don’t stay too long ooo” His mother called out after him." You know you have to take Tomi back home on time".

Victoria

A knock sounded on the door. Dantata had gone out to get a taxi and i was the only in the apartment. Our bags were packed and i was dressed up. I wondered who it was as i walked towards the door, I drew the curtains aside, sliding the glass door to the right, i moved aside as he walked in. His eyes settled on the bags in the middle of the room, his gaze drifted upwards and settled on my face.

“Going somewhere?” he asked.

“What does it look like?” I snapped.

“You always run when there is trouble, why?” Kelvin mocked.” Afraid to get your wings singed?”

I pursed my lips, i knew what he was doing. He was deliberately trying to rail me.

“No. Scared i might actually singed someone’s wings”.

He laughed.” I knew you were not a coward. The Adediwuras are known for their bravery, you can’t be an exception.”

I rolled my eyes, uncertain what to do or say next. “Why are you here? What do you want?”

“I am here to rescue you from that rogue, guys like him can’t be trusted with beauties such as yourself. I am here to protect my little sister” he said, moving closer to me. “ I am also here to officially welcome you to the family, now my headache has been doubled because i have just been given the task of fending off yet another guy. I wonder if I can live to see my fortieth”

“Why?”

“You offcourse! another female to give me a heart attack.” He replied. “Anyway, i will accept it as my lot in life” He said in a theatrical sad voice.

I found myself laughing.

He opened his arms and enveloped me. “Welcome to the family, Vicky”.

Linda

We laid our father to rest today. At my insistence, Auntie Maggie was brought to the funeral although just for few minutes before She was taken back to the police station. She wore a long black gown, her eyes were downcast. She didn't glance at anyone, she watched quietly as dad was lowered to the ground. When it was time to shove sand into the grave, her cuffs were taken off and she also performed the rites. When we got back home, our living room was bursting at the seam with people; friends, friends of friends, well wishers and those who came just to get some juicy bit of information. The name of our family was on the lips of everyone, we were on every evening news. Our faces were all over the national dallies. Vicky and Dantata were whispering about something in a corner of the living room, those two were always together, one’s mouth always in the ear of the other. I wondered what they were always whispering about. Tomi and Tosin’s mother was serving our guests refreshment. Mrs. Adediwura and grandma Williams were also here, they were arguing about something, animatedly, although their voices were hushed. Grandma Williams was such a feisty old woman; she had the attitude of a bear that had caught its paw in a trap. She could even argue with the dead if she had the chance, i saw her marching towards me and i quickly looked for an escape route. Someone took hold of my arm, propelling me towards the kitchen just as she was almost at my side. I turned with a grateful heart, to thank my savior.

“Don’t thank me, i know that feeling” he said, with laughter.

“Pheww! I know she is your grandma but…..”

“Speak no more. The lady is a royal pain in the butt. How are you?’’ Tosin asked.

“I am fine.” I replied.

“It was so courageous of you to beg the D.P.O to bring Maggie to the funeral. She really loved your dad and i am sure you letting her come would mean a lot to her.” He said.

“Yes she was truly in love with my dad, despite her faults. It feels weird that I hold no grudge against her, despite the fact that she murdered my mother.” i replied.

“You have been so strong. I admire your courage” he said.

“Thank you” i replied, blushing.

There was an awkward silence between us; we were both staring at each other.

“I…….i ……should get back to my guests” I said.

“Yea you should” he replied me huskily, but made no move to step aside.

“Tosin…..”

“Linda…….” We both said at the same time.

He pulled me closer, into his arms and we stayed like that for some heartbeats. I looked up into his handsome face at the same time he also gazed up. He kissed me lightly, i closed my eyes, savoring the feel and taste of his warm mouth. His tongue locked with mine, i returned his kisses passionately. He suddenly stopped, moving backwards.

“I….i….’’ I couldn’t believe i was tongue tied.

“I am sorry. That shouldn’t have happened” he said, before walking out of the kitchen.

I sighed and rested my back against the kitchen counter, i looked up and my eyes locked with that of Victoria. I looked away guiltily; she walked into the kitchen and leaned her back against the counter too.

“Victoria…….”

“I know how you feel” She said.

“I am sorry” I said.

“For what? For kissing him or for loving him?” She asked.

‘’ I don’t know” I replied.

“ Don’t be. Love is such a beautiful thing, and kissing is one hell of a thing that follows” She laughed.

I blinked my eyes in surprise. “What? You are not angry?”

“No. Why should i be?” She asked, perplexed.

“You…….you and Tosin”

“Hmmn. I thought i was in love with him. It wasn’t love Linda, i merely had a crush on him and he just seemed so right and perfect to me but i couldn’t keep this other guy out of my mind and thought. I knew then that my heart belonged to another. I had a talk with Tosin and he understood. He’s a great guy” She said.

“Which other guy?, Dantata?” I asked.

She laughed and walked out of the kitchen.

Tbc

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tunechi1:
pls don't die

Lol wicked grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
FTC again! !!
I can feel the end embarassed
Bibi, you stole my FTC angry

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

You just broke my heart a day after my birthday shocked sobs sobs sobs...... crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww happy belated birthday kiss

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lawlahdey:
FTC again! !!
I can feel the end embarassed

Lol better start collecting ticket from ppl o, if not dey will run away with our money cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
veekid:

A
Y
A
F

D
I
E
Oga, will me your property before you go oh grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Crusherdaniels:
tongue keep wondering when I'll see the face behind the brain behind this triller tongue

Lol tongue

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

Lol better start collecting ticket from ppl o, if not dey will run away with our money cheesy
Hahaha.. Won to be angry

*Stands by the door*... Pay before you read oh, ehnehn undecided

*bouncer's face activated* angry
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Wickedness! Vee.kid has been sheeted, he's hurting so much that he sees suicide as the only option and there you are, worried about the propriety grin Chai!

Thanks for the dedication m'Lady. Its a pity I see the end of our beautiful Twine, me no like embarassed. But, at least everyone has found love and happiness. That should console me

Kudos!! cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
jagugu88li:
Wickedness! Vee.kid has been sheeted, he's hurting so much that he sees suicide as the only option and there you are, worried about the propriety grin Chai!

Thanks for the dedication m'Lady. Its a pity I see the end of our beautiful Twine, me no like embarassed. But, at least everyone has found love and happiness. That should console me

Kudos!! cool
Haba my sister, im just being helpful nah tongue
So, he won't worry in his grave, they will be in good hands cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by room089: 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
A. Bibi please try and throw more light how aunty magie tactically planted onyinye in the life of linda.

B. Please tell us the approach adapted by magie as a tenager to bring onyinye out from the ophanage.

1. How come tomi never knew that her boss linda extended the samehigh schol with her?

2. How come it was onyinye that hated tomi till death that was still the very one that got tomi a high paying job with linda?

3. Why would magie sacrifice her happiness to follow the couple that came to adopt her and promised giving her life a new meaning for onyinye whom she later left behind when she ran away from the orphanage?

4. Aunty magie while soliloquizing told us she knew how she brought onyinye from orphanage and has been taking are ofher till maturity. Can one that appropriated to herself the money belonging to the orphanage and ran away still have the shame to come back? If she does, won't she be arrested?

5. If victoria is dyslexic, who read the DNA test result for her?

Thank you for keeping us entertained with your literary works. You are surely on a right track. I see you join the league of female african writers of repute the nearest future. From the inner santum of the magnificient Room 089, we say Well Done!

11 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
room089:
A. Bibi please try and throw more light how aunty magie tactically planted onyinye in the life of linda.

B. Please tell us the approach adapted by magie as a tenager to bring onyinye out from the ophanage.

1. How come tomi never knew that her boss linda extended the samehigh schol with her?

2. How come it was onyinye that hated tomi till death that was still the very one that got tomi a high paying job with linda?

3. Why would magie sacrifice her happiness to follow the couple that came to adopt her and promised giving her life a new meaning for onyinye whom she later left behind when she ran away from the orphanage?

4. Aunty magie while soliloquizing told us she knew how she brought onyinye from orphanage and has been taking are ofher till maturity. Can one that appropriated to herself the money belonging to the orphanage and ran away still have the shame to come back? If she does, won't she be arrested?

5. If victoria is dyslexic, who read the DNA test result for her?

Thank you for keeping us entertained with your literary works. You are surely on a right track. I see you join the league of female african writers of repute the nearest future. From the inner santum of the magnificient Room 089, we say Well Done!

A ok will do that

B hmmn, ok will do so too

1 Linda was Tomi's senior, secondly you can not know all the people you went to the same secondary sch with especially if u are not the type that socialize.

2 We act according to how a situation presents itself. Maggie couldn't leave Onyinye behind because she was caught by the little girl's sadness but her running away was premeditated and i never mentioned that she went back o, i said she found a way to get her out.

3 It wasn't Onyinye that got Tomi the job, it was Dantata. Please read that part again. Onyinye didn't even know about it until she n Linda went to Tomi's house.

4 A dyslexic person can read this : Match, not a match, or positive or negative as opposed to reading a lengthy write up. What i mean is a Dna result is not a lenghty write up, so yea she could read it same way she can also spell her name.

Amen to that prayer, God bless u. Hope i answered all your qsts?

9 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by frankcris(m): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

A ok will do that

B hmmn, ok will do so too

1 Linda was Tomi's senior, secondly you can not know all the people you went to the same secondary sch with especially if u are not the type that socialize.

2 We act according to how a situation presents itself. Maggie couldn't leave Onyinye behind because she was caught by the little girl's sadness but her running away was premeditated and i never mentioned that she went back o, i said she found a way to get her out.

3 It wasn't Onyinye that got Tomi the job, it was Dantata. Please read that part again. Onyinye didn't even know about it until she n Linda went to Tomi's house.

4 A dyslexic person can read this : Match, not a match, or positive or negative as opposed to reading a lengthy write up. What i mean is a Dna result is not a lenghty write up, so yea she could read it same way she can also spell her name.

that's how to reply like a boss lady...

please just finish the story

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Tunechi1(m): 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

Lol wicked grin
why are u also practising polyandry? Do u want sombori to die?
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by room089: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
bibijay123:

Yea truly Dantata got Tomi the job.

Does it mean Joseph Nwosu was buried in Lagos? Such a rich igbo man should be buried in the village, don't you think?
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by noblet2(f): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
"she could even argue with the dead if she had the chance"

this got me laffing, she must really be a pain in the butt. grin

Bibi never disappoints. kiss

Oga bouncer, park well tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lawlahdey:
jagugu88li:
Kudos!! cool
Lawlahdey:
jagugu88li:
Kudos!! cool
Lawlahdey:
bibijay123:

Awww happy belated birthday kiss

God don unveiled the face of my enemies plus the person wey I call wife wey no even Sabi my birth date...... I'm happy this is the end of the twisting twine

Job well-done

3 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tunechi1:
See the life of Women outside; na so dem do real men o..... soon now dem go say they are single grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.