Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy (41532 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu / New Alignments Threaten Apga’s Role In Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by shaibu123: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2016
Is well overdue,link up the five states with good road network and rail system.Encourage our people to invest back home.Why the fighting over swampy lands in Ladipo,Alaba,Aja,lekki etc.All this can be done in the East in the presence of people who appreciate them and not those that want you to die in lagoon.Five years only the region will change for good.Our graduates need not to travel to lagos or Abuja in search of jobs.Ethiopia Air just landed the first cargo plane in Enugu,we don't need to go as far as lagos to export some items.This will as well create jobs,let attract more foreign Airlines to do same and open up south east for the world..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by BlackSeptember: 10:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Pat Utomi and Tony Elumelu hails from Delta.. So, what's their name doing on that list?

*just asking*
They are igbos

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by giles14(m): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Make the system work in such a way that

1. Aba will be the power and sub industrial capital

2. Enugu will be the administrative/mining capital

3. Ontisha will be the commercial capital

4. Owerri will be the tourism capital

5. Abakaliki will be the agricultural capital.

6.Nnewi will be the industrial and manufacturing capital
Connect these places with roads and railway facilities. Leave the rest for us

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by giles14(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Make the system work in such a way that

1. Aba will be the power and sub industrial capital

2. Enugu will be the administrative/mining capital

3. Ontisha will be the commercial capital

4. Owerri will be the tourism capital

5. Abakaliki will be the agricultural capital.

6.Nnewi will be the industrial and manufacturing capital
Connect these places with roads and railway facilities. Leave the rest for us

dats my take

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by ShootToKill: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2016
Innovator90:
Afonja will see Pat Utomi on the list and be wondering...I thought he was SS.lol. Pat Utomi full name Patrick Okedinachi Utomi speaks Igbo than my grandfather who was an Igbo teacher.

One afonja is already here...right above me and below me posting human waste in toilet out of envy of Igbos. Both posters above and below are the same person with two accounts. Imperialyoruba, yorubafynest, aresa and the imposter below MusaIbrahim1996 are the same yorubba person!

Don't mind the yorubamudeens.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2016
Time to build SE economy, a good move.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by mmsen: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Pat Utomi and Tony Elumelu hails from Delta.. So, what's their name doing on that list?

*just asking*

Because there are Igbos in Delta state.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Feraz(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
I totally understand your point but many of the Delta Ibo's I know don't accept when you refer to them as an Igbo man/woman. That's by the way though.

In that case, the development ought to cut across the Ibo speaking part of Delta too... Not just the South East as stated in the post.
If they had included SS, some people will still cry and shout that Igbos cannot do without SS oil and they are 'attache by force'. It is good they way they said Igbos, as long as you are Igbo from either the SS (those who agree they are) or SE, then this is for you. Hopefully, when development and economy make serious sense, then they will realise they are Igbos.

chimoskyg:
Seeing the list of the team makes me feel good
Thank God Okorohausa is not included
Seems you missed this out:
The initiative will have five governors

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cstr15: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cheruv: 11:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

please which part of east central state was annexed to cross river

Itigidi and parts of Abi LG on the Ebonyi side of river cross was carved into CRS in 1976. Before 1976,itigidi and those aforementioned areas were parts of the East central state.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by MrTour: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2016
Please tell IPob, TwoPob, ThreePob, FourPob and Re-Ipob they are on their own. We don't need disunity, we need solid reforms and transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cheruv: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2016
LordVoldemort:

One step at a time bro....dont want to start picking up fight with ur allies when u don't even have the resources to do so.
I didn't say with immediate effect undecided
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by chidozieikeji2: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Any meeting without the inclusion of south south is nonsense southeast and south south are one and can never be separated we are one blood brothers

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2016
This is what I have been telling my friends. If Nigeria is such that when you cross from SE to any other region and you feel like you're in another country, then naturally we won't have to clamour too much for Biafra. Either it will come on it's own OR whoever wants to be part of it will be given conditions to meet first, just like the EU is doing before they admit any nation.

I hope this is not just some cheap publicity stunt cos I don't think its every igbo man that has the good of the region at heart, especially polithiefcians.

But let's wait and see.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cstr15: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2016

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cheruv: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2016
chrisxxx:

U see why we the SS feel comfortable being in Nigeria. U people nurse devilish animosity towards us.U still feel pains some parts of u were annexed by us.
I didn't even say the whole SS Igbo...just the areas that was stolen from the East central state in 1976 and yet you're panicking shocked
Bro, you don't have to be sentimental about this... Lemme ask you Are you not tired of the purported attachment of SE to SS I myself am tired of it but still can't help it bkos 40% of Igboland is in the SS.
Some of your SSners claim that there are no Igbos in the SS...and my aim is to make that claim true by removing the remaining 40% of Igboland still found in the SS.
When this is achieved, no SE would attach to you anymore cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cheruv: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:

*just asking*
Anioma is included in the scheme...so its natural they represent the Western Igbos

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Oligee84(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2016
God will surely be with you people!

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by solidifi: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2016
Good move. Please haste up. We are solidly behind you.
It is better to be late than be the late.

Undoubtedly, the "think thanks are in the east. You have our prayers and support.
Do not be discouraged or distracted. The devils in human skin must fight to dis-stabilize you
but remain focused to achieve your goals.

May Almighty God direct your steps, strengthen, and grant you all good health and wisdom
in Jesus Christ Name AAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN.

God has heard our cries as He did to the His children in egypt. The hour has come.

God will always punish devil.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cheruv: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2016
President99:
Guy cool! it should have been "SE & SS to boost economy of Biafra" since U guys say Biafra is for both SE n SS. Ain't SS n SE one again? or it has become glaring to U that SS won't joins guys?
If not for 40% of Igboland still remaining in the SS,who'd give a damn about the SS?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Okeikpu(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2016
Chigold101:
i dont believe this story.

Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela, Prof Pat Utomi & Tony Elumelu are not from the South East region. Three of them are Deltans so...

I doubt this story
A FOOL AT 30 IS A FOOL 4OREVER grin gringringringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by P0intBlank(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Funny enough, you are the one showing the attitude of a kid here since you were unable to make a point without insulting yourself and your generation.

I'm above exchanging abusive words with people on a faceless forum..

The fact that some parts of Delta and Rivers state speaks Ibo doesn't make them Igbos. What do you wanna argue.
Don't quote me again.

I have one question for you. Was Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (the man said to have led the January 1966 coup) Igbo?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Algebra12: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
We have always been a people given to exploits.
we dream dreams and make things happen.

Our problem has always been lack of synergy and trust among us.
This initiative, if we commit to it will definitely be deal breaker for Igbo people in Nigeria.

I see a lot of excitement from people commenting above and I am like.... We need to get this right.

Seriously i pray and hope that we can see this through this time.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Living4christ(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Because the likes of NOI is involved i'm happy

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Stanbeto: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2016
Let action back it up no time to waste o

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by stuntman007: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2016
Well...not bad

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by MadCow1: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2016
Lilimax:

Are you propsing Agukwu Nri as a tourism capital? smiley
E go make sense o!
Afterall, we have Ezu River...a tourist attraction

Enugu... That's where I would place tourism.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by obc: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Isee!!!!
speaktome:
This is A welcomed Development

Lalasticlala u don hear say that i wan set up an edible oil refinery in Imo and Ebony State

Biko umu Chineke, ukwu Noo anyi na mba adighi anyi nma... Ka anyi loruo nu Ulo...

Ala Igbo g'adiriri Nma!!!

#MySignatureMybusiness#

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2016
cheruv:

Itigidi and parts of Abi LG on the Ebonyi side of river cross was carved into CRS in 1976. Before 1976,itigidi and those aforementioned areas were parts of the East central state.
so are the itigidi and Abi LG also igbos....just been curious
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by obc: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Your are very correct!!. I would have loved to see Frank Nweke Junior on the list. His eloquence is highly needed for effective communication of the SEIDI objectives to igbo populace and immediate buy back. God bless Igbos...
cstr15:
I am actually excited with the pan-Igbo initiative and the inclusion of prof emeagwali and Nnaji.
We need to find a way to domesticate manufacturing and applied engineering in solving African technical , energy and even security and defence solutions, and I believe these two men can awaken that innate Igbo technical potential on a massive revolutionary scale.
I also like the presence of chimamanda adichie to give that philosophical and progressive guidance in our pursuit of 21st century development. But as usual, progress would still be limited given the sovereignty limitations, but still progress nonetheless. We don't know what the future holds.
We may just find ourselves with more sovereignty someday. Better to be prepared.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
(" "wink;

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed, Fashola, Onu Set To Retain Ministerial Seats. / Biafra: What Buhari Should Have Done To Nnamdi Kanu- Yerima Shettima / Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.